Did anyone catch it last night?

Anything positive said about the Swans
or was it all Dogs-doomsday talk?

Turner
24th August 2010, 10:04 AM
Did anyone catch it last night?

Anything positive said about the Swans
or was it all Dogs-doomsday talk?

Caro mentioned we are a REAL chance to go a long way in September based on our form in the past month. Most of it was 'Bulldogs are in trouble' talk but there was a little thing on the Kirk and Roosy.

Jewels
24th August 2010, 10:09 AM
Caro mentioned we are a REAL chance to go a long way in September based on our form in the past month. Most of it was 'Bulldogs are in trouble' talk but there was a little thing on the Kirk and Roosy.

It was nice to hear Walls (of all people) acknowledge the injuries we've had and how well we have overcome them.
I noticed Quartermain moved him off the subject very quickly also.

Turner
24th August 2010, 10:28 AM
It was nice to hear Walls (of all people) acknowledge the injuries we've had and how well we have overcome them.

Didn't see Quarters or Walls touch on the Swans, only caught the end of the show. 'On The Couch' started the show with us and how Kieran Jack has improved to poetically become an A grade player.

Nich
24th August 2010, 10:33 AM

Didn't he what!! Totally moved on from Walls comments and started talking about Dane Swan. Zero acknowledgement. Ha! Go the Bloods!

CJK
24th August 2010, 10:41 AM
I stopped watching One Week so very very quickly.

Terrible show, unless you support a Melbourne based team.

Turner
24th August 2010, 10:43 AM

Yeah not the best footy show going around.

AnnieH
24th August 2010, 11:03 AM
I can't wait for Marngrook Footy Show on Thursday night.

I can't wait to see what excuse Grant Hansen is going to come up with for losing to the legendary swans.

giant
24th August 2010, 11:36 AM

It was hilarious - Walls mentioned soemthing about us that obviously wasn't on the run sheet - Quartermain didn't even respond, just looked at Walls as if to say "We don't rate in Sydney, what are you thinking?" and moved on to the next story. Appalling.

Bas
24th August 2010, 01:11 PM
It was hilarious - Walls mentioned soemthing about us that obviously wasn't on the run sheet - Quartermain didn't even respond, just looked at Walls as if to say "We don't rate in Sydney, what are you thinking?" and moved on to the next story. Appalling.

I noticed that immediately and thought that Quartermaain was very rude to both Walls and the Swans.

24th August 2010, 05:43 PM
That's why I don't watch those two shows, the Ch9 one in particular is just complete crap, Grant Thomas is even more of a loony now than he was when in charge at St.Kilda.

On the Couch is so far in front of the other footy shows that it's daylight for second IMO.

GoSouth33
24th August 2010, 06:04 PM
There was a time when Roosy had stopped talking to Walls because of comments made during 2005 about playing style etc. Recently I heard Walls refer to a conversation with Roosy and I wondered whether they'd patched things up. Seeing Walls refer to how well Swans were going considering their injuries (Bradshaw, Bolton and Seaby) leads me to think that there might have been a thaw in the previously frosty relationship.
That said, I do enjoy OWAAT: we don't get a huge supply of AFL footy shows on FTA. I like Luke Darcy's insights and he usually makes sensible contributions. Quarters gets too caught up in how his Hawks are travelling.
I rang CH 9 last night and asked why Footy Classified was no longer being shown in Sydney (since last year) and was told that they were only using the two digital stations. GO has all the old shows like Seinfeld etc and CH 9 HD is a mirror of the programming on CH 9. I got the impression they would need a third stand alone digital station to show this type of content. Anyway, FWIW, I asked the person to log my call as a complaint that Footy Classified was not being broadcast into Sydney.

Melbourne_Blood
24th August 2010, 06:09 PM
Cant stand one week at a time, but watch it anyway. All three of them are fair flogs on that show. On the Couch gave the swans the airtime they deserved, perhaps even more so. All three of Gerard Mike and Hirdy are respected and insightful footy brains. Footy Classified is pretty poor too but good call bad call gets it over the line against OWAAT. Quarters is a dickhead, good call bad call ?

GoSouth33
24th August 2010, 06:14 PM
Oh BTW, I did go to the ninemsn website and found a site for Footy Classified. You appear to be able to watch snippets from the show including Good Call, Bad Call. I guess it's better than nothing!!!

Robbo
24th August 2010, 06:31 PM
Quarters is a dickhead, good call bad call ?

Good call. Overdue call. Hit the nail on the head call.

Melbourne_Blood
24th August 2010, 08:17 PM
Good call. Overdue call. Hit the nail on the head call.

haha love it !

Nico
24th August 2010, 08:19 PM
There was a time when Roosy had stopped talking to Walls because of comments made during 2005 about playing style etc. Recently I heard Walls refer to a conversation with Roosy and I wondered whether they'd patched things up. Seeing Walls refer to how well Swans were going considering their injuries (Bradshaw, Bolton and Seaby) leads me to think that there might have been a thaw in the previously frosty relationship.
That said, I do enjoy OWAAT: we don't get a huge supply of AFL footy shows on FTA. I like Luke Darcy's insights and he usually makes sensible contributions. Quarters gets too caught up in how his Hawks are travelling.
I rang CH 9 last night and asked why Footy Classified was no longer being shown in Sydney (since last year) and was told that they were only using the two digital stations. GO has all the old shows like Seinfeld etc and CH 9 HD is a mirror of the programming on CH 9. I got the impression they would need a third stand alone digital station to show this type of content. Anyway, FWIW, I asked the person to log my call as a complaint that Footy Classified was not being broadcast into Sydney.

I usually go easy on the commentators and special comments folk but Darcy I cannot stand. A first class nob who has to be one of the top brown nosers going around. Terry "the wallett" Wallace who should know, said something along the lines recently that Darcy overrated himself as a footballer. A soft rooster as a footballer if ever there was one, who makes himself out as a bloody expert.

BSA5
25th August 2010, 03:00 AM
Cant stand one week at a time, but watch it anyway. All three of them are fair flogs on that show. On the Couch gave the swans the airtime they deserved, perhaps even more so. All three of Gerard Mike and Hirdy are respected and insightful footy brains. Footy Classified is pretty poor too but good call bad call gets it over the line against OWAAT. Quarters is a dickhead, good call bad call ?

I wouldn't go that far. Too early to call on Hirdy, he's said some good and some bad, but Mike Sheahan is an idiot and Gerard, well, he's usually OK but has a habit of coming out with absolute rubbish. But they are fair, they don't tend to be too Vic-centric, so I know what you're getting at.

Primmy
25th August 2010, 07:56 AM
At least you guys get something positive about the Swans on Fox. I am stuck with FTA......and OWAAT and......that show on 72 on a sunday is not altogether horrible......and ,......I miss my fox, and I wouldna bought this unit if I had known the vote to have fox attached had been turned down.....grrrrrr.....

Mr Magoo
25th August 2010, 10:28 AM
The fox shows are much better - On the couch is very good , i dont agree with all of their comments but thats what its all about, there is the show with Dunstall, Scott and Lynch which is okay and another with Mark Robinson and Gerard Whately which is quite good(excuse my spelling if its incorrect). They are all heaps better than the crap served up on the commercial networks. And of course Marngrook which is also pretty good although I have noticed that some of the comments on the swans games when coming from the likes of ronny burns are not researched at all and tend to follow the public perception rather than the reality.

Doctor
25th August 2010, 11:46 AM
I thought we got a decent run on On The Couch this week too. They started with the decline of the Bulldogs, which is fair enough, but then gave us plenty of air time too. Obviously Gerard Healy has plenty of time for us but I think Sheahan (bless him) and Hird do too. I agree that On The Couch is miles ahead of its opposition.

dimelb
25th August 2010, 01:08 PM
Sheahan has a soft spot for the Swans. His favourite GF was 2005 and he wrote the foreword to Jim Main's In The Blood.

swannymum
25th August 2010, 03:33 PM
Darcy suffers from verbal diarrhoea!!

Plugger46
25th August 2010, 03:53 PM
I wouldn't go that far. Too early to call on Hirdy, he's said some good and some bad, but Mike Sheahan is an idiot and Gerard, well, he's usually OK but has a habit of coming out with absolute rubbish. But they are fair, they don't tend to be too Vic-centric, so I know what you're getting at.

At least Mike talks footy and doesn't carry on with gossip that nobody cares about like some other journos. Healy has a habit of saying the wrong word or name and you are left wondering what he's on about.

Can't stand Quartermain.

aardvark
25th August 2010, 11:33 PM
Can't stand Quartermain.

Agree totally, Quarterbrain is a pain in the A

CureTheSane
25th August 2010, 11:51 PM
I don't mind Darcy.
Quarts has aleways been a massive tool, and for a long time Eddie's bitch.
He knew what to do to get where he is so good on him.

swanspant12
25th August 2010, 11:52 PM
i went to the hall of fame dinner and mike sheahan was there. I overheard him saying he loves the club haha :D

BSA5
26th August 2010, 02:31 AM
At least Mike talks footy and doesn't carry on with gossip that nobody cares about like some other journos. Healy has a habit of saying the wrong word or name and you are left wondering what he's on about.

Can't stand Quartermain.

Absolutely. I have a soft spot for Sheahan, like most Swans supporters, as he actually does give us some air time. But he still talks a LOT of rubbish.

Also agree on Quarters. He's a douchebag.