PDA

View Full Version : Elimination Home Final

maigu_
25th August 2010, 11:19 AM
on current form, who do you guys prefer the swans to play during the 1st round of elimination final?

either home or away.:confused:

for me

carlton either way

i wouldn't want to play fremantle again @ subi or anz - swans dont too play too well at anz

and wouldn't want to play hawthorn after what happen to fremantle last week. And ANZ being the bigger ground, would suit the likes of hodgy, rioli, bateman and so on.

WHAT'S YOUR VERDICT BOYS AND GIRLS???

GoSouth33
25th August 2010, 11:40 AM
Carlton 1, Freo 2, Hawthorn 3.

maigu_
25th August 2010, 11:46 AM
we would have finished 4th, if we didn't lose two pathetic teams Richmond and Melbourne ..... ridiculous.

ugg
25th August 2010, 11:55 AM
Added a poll, so vote away

Plugger1300
25th August 2010, 03:30 PM
Carlton are a much tougher assignment home or away than Fremantle. just watch them prove it this Friday night. I would prefer to stay away from Rioli and Franklin, even though we have proven to be the 5th best side this year if not the fourth

Plugger46
25th August 2010, 03:47 PM
Fremantle away can't happen, can it?

25th August 2010, 03:59 PM

If these three teams win it would be Hawthorn 12 1/2 wins, Carlton 12 wins plus better %, Swans 13 wins, Freo 12 wins and poor %. In this case we'd be 5th and Freo 8th and at ANZ but Freo away can't happen.

Should be a great game Friday night at Subi with a finals spot up for grabs, a freshened Freo, lots of sniping between coaches in the press.

ugg
25th August 2010, 04:04 PM
Very unlikely, but possible.

Scenario 1
Freo draw with Carlton
Brisbane beat Sydney
Hawthorn beat Collingwood

would leave the ladder as

Hawthorn 50
Fremantle 50
Sydney 48
Carlton 46

Scenario 2
Carlton pip Fremantle
Brisbane thrash Sydney
Collingwood beat Hawthorn

and assuming Sydney's percentage falls below Fremantle's.

would leave the ladder as

Carlton 48
Fremantle 48
Sydney 48
Hawthorn 46

cruiser
25th August 2010, 07:47 PM
Carlton:
Biggest crowd pulling game
A potentially tough but very winnable game going into the finals
The sheer satisfaction that would come with beating them in an elimination final
We are their bogey team

Melbourne_Blood
25th August 2010, 08:04 PM
I am conifdent we can beat any team in the eight playing like we have been, with two obvious exceptions, the woods and cats. I think the saints and us would be cracker of a game that we could certianly win if we play good footy. Potential Semi final if we win and they lose first week of finals.

stellation
25th August 2010, 09:56 PM
Carlton, a good matchup for us and a poor one for them.

maigu_
26th August 2010, 09:37 AM
No chris judd - no carlton.

just pray to god that chris judd doesn't play a stella this weekend.

and we should see fremantle get up.

Everyone that i know think's hawthorn got a chance against collingwood this week.

it's going to be close - but i hope collingwood get over the line.

Jewels
26th August 2010, 09:57 AM
Everyone that i know think's hawthorn got a chance against collingwood this week.

it's going to be close - but i hope collingwood get over the line.

I reckon Mick would have been verrrrrrry dirty that they let Adelaide get so close last week and I think (hope/pray) that he'll want them to flex their muscle and show the whole comp who's top banana this year.

msb
26th August 2010, 10:22 AM
I reckon Mick would have been verrrrrrry dirty that they let Adelaide get so close last week and I think (hope/pray) that he'll want them to flex their muscle and show the whole comp who's top banana this year.

Cant bring myself to go for collingwood, even though it benefits swans. I am happy playing either freo or carlton in the finals, DO NOT want to meet the hawks, even in sydney.

Jewels
26th August 2010, 11:54 AM
Cant bring myself to go for collingwood, even though it benefits swans. I am happy playing either freo or carlton in the finals, DO NOT want to meet the hawks, even in sydney.

I don't want to meet the Hawks either, but a fit and firing Sandilands with no Mummy to stand up to him worries the crap out of me too, so all I can say is,

GO PIES!!!!!!!!!

maigu_
26th August 2010, 12:01 PM
I hate the pies & cats ..... sydney's bogey teams !!!!!!!

SYD VS ST KILDA GRAND FINAL WOULD BE final of the decade ahahah

laughingnome
26th August 2010, 12:14 PM
SYD VS ST KILDA GRAND FINAL WOULD BE final of the decade ahahah

Complete with Riewoldt tears?

BigD
26th August 2010, 09:36 PM
I voted Hawks at home, but having read the thread I've changed my mind. I'd rather Carlton at home.

Lucky Knickers
26th August 2010, 10:02 PM
Where's the don't care - we can take 'em all (aka the ROK option)?

DeadlyAkkuret
27th August 2010, 07:13 AM
Where is all the fear of the Hawks coming from? They thumped a Fremantle reserves side, so what.