PDA

View Full Version : Swans V Lions: Pre Game Discussion

aardvark
26th August 2010, 12:28 PM
Changes predictions anyone ? Will a young ruckman debut this weekend ? Which one? And who goes out for Moore ?

Plugger46
26th August 2010, 12:37 PM
Just Moore in for Mumford I think, given that Roos has said he'll use White in the ruck.

ugg
26th August 2010, 12:43 PM
My guesses:

in: O'Keefe, Moore
out: Mumford (inj), Meredith

Plugger46
26th August 2010, 12:47 PM
My guesses:

in: O'Keefe, Moore
out: Mumford (inj), Meredith

Forgot about O'Keefe. I think you're spot on the money.

Captain
26th August 2010, 12:57 PM
Will be interesting to see if Roos adopts the last in, first out policy with Meredith.

I thought he was one of our better players against the Dogs and wouldn't be suprised if he stays in the team.

ugg
26th August 2010, 01:05 PM
Will be interesting to see if Roos adopts the last in, first out policy with Meredith.

I thought he was one of our better players against the Dogs and wouldn't be suprised if he stays in the team.
I thought Meredith played a good game too, but who would you drop from the team instead? It's hard to drop anyone on form after the last 3 weeks, so you go to look at who was last brought into the side. Smith and Rohan were the other ins to the team. Smith, as Roos has put is in our "best 22" (although if you bother to list them out you might find there are a lot more than 22 players in Roos's "best 22") and will not be dropped while Rohan offers more flexibility than Meredith by being able to go down back as well as playing forward.

liz
26th August 2010, 01:30 PM
I thought it was hard to differentiate the contributions of Rohan and Meredith last week. Both did some good stuff. Neither starred. So either could be squeezed out.

The other possibility is that Roos uses the opportunity to "rest" someone else who is a little sore. For example, Kennelly came off during the game with a little problem with his knee. Given we are down to the bare bones of players who can reasonably come in and contribute if we get more injuries this week, I can see some benefit in keeping Meredith and Rohan in the team this week so they get as settled as possible in case they're needed in the finals.

maigu_
26th August 2010, 01:53 PM
Meredith played a good game last week. Moore in for Rohan, ROK in for mumford.

Play White in the ruck ... hopefully adam goodes can hop in around the clearances, wouldn't risk adam goodes at the centre bounces though. Pykey will handle it, he played a good last week despite mummy being on and off the ground.

magic.merkin
26th August 2010, 02:00 PM
I thought it was hard to differentiate the contributions of Rohan and Meredith last week. Both did some good stuff. Neither starred. So either could be squeezed out.

The other possibility is that Roos uses the opportunity to "rest" someone else who is a little sore. For example, Kennelly came off during the game with a little problem with his knee. Given we are down to the bare bones of players who can reasonably come in and contribute if we get more injuries this week, I can see some benefit in keeping Meredith and Rohan in the team this week so they get as settled as possible in case they're needed in the finals.

Bingo.

Definitley ROK and moore in, outs depend on injuries.

i'm-uninformed2
26th August 2010, 02:26 PM
Rohan will be used up forward given White will be shuffled up into the ruck for stretches

Doctor
26th August 2010, 04:07 PM
Is this a record? 10 posts in and noone has called for the dropping of Bevan and/or Richards yet!

Hartijon
26th August 2010, 05:25 PM
Is this a record? 10 posts in and noone has called for the dropping of Bevan and/or Richards yet!

Well it has reached the stage with injuries where we NEED them and they have been run back into form. At this stage of the year it makes sense to keep the investment in game time we have made with them and not give some Reserve player a chance.It's way too late for that. Its all about planning and while it was obvious earlier in the season that Playfair should not have been promoted and Teddy and Bevo in the reserves would be ok to fall back on if needed, now is no longer the time. We missed a huge opportunity to give MOD,Vez, and maybe LJ some game time when we were not winning anyhow. Now having been played when their form probably didn't deserve it ,both Teddy and Bevo have found some form and confidence in a winning team and deserve their place.This is what I like to see,players picked om merit! I just hope in the Finals when the midfield is not giving them an armchair ride ,when the game is really tight, we don't get a return of fumbling,giving away free kicks and turnovers that characterised their early form this year.Thats why I like Bevo in the forwards and always have. He can have a strong positive influence there and do minimal damage.The way Teddy is playing keep him where he is,he is doing a Scarlett impersonation very well!

CJK
26th August 2010, 05:43 PM
Well it has reached the stage with injuries where we NEED them and they have been run back into form. .

So you would want Bevo and Ted to come in when we 'NEED' them without any form?

Ok then.

Bas
26th August 2010, 06:06 PM
B: Jed Adcock (7), Daniel Merrett (21), Ashley McGrath (9)
HB: Pearce Hanley (42), Brent Staker (14), Cheynee Stiller (32)
C: Michael Rischitelli (35), Daniel Rich (10), Jack Redden (30)
HF: James Polkinghorne (31), Jared Brennan (17), Luke Power (6)
F: Todd Banfield (18), Mitch Clark (1), Joel Patfull (24)
Foll: Matthew Leuenberger (23), Simon Black (20), Tom Rockliff (38)
Int: Ryan Harwood (26), Justin Sherman (11), Albert Proud (2), Tom Collier (22)
Emerg: Amon Buchanan (32), James Hawksley (12), Bryce Retzlaff (37)

IN: Proud, Collier

OUT: Selwood (ribs), Brown (groin)

MILESTONES: Jed Adcock - 100 games
Thursday August 26, 2010 5:06
5:06 Thats the Lions
Thursday August 26, 2010 5:06

ugg
26th August 2010, 06:07 PM
BRISBANE LIONS v SYDNEY SWANS
Brisbane Lions
B: Jed Adcock, Daniel Merrett, Ashley McGrath
HB: Pearce Hanley, Brent Staker, Cheynee Stiller
C: Michael Rischitelli, Daniel Rich, Jack Redden
HF: James Polkinghorne, Jared Brennan, Luke Power
F: Todd Banfield, Mitchell Clark, Joel Patfull
Foll: Matthew Leuenberger, Simon Black, Tom Rockliff
I/C: Ryan Harwood, Justin Sherman, Albert Proud, Tom Collier
Emg: Amon Buchanan, James Hawksley, Bryce Retzlaff

In: Collier, Proud
Out: Jonathan Brown (groin), Troy Selwood (ribs)

Sydney Swans
B: Paul Bevan, Ted Richards, Rhyce Shaw
HB: Nick Malceski, Heath Grundy, Tadhg Kennelly
C: Lewis Jetta, Brett Kirk, Jarrad McVeigh
HF: Daniel Hannebery, Ryan O'Keefe, Josh Kennedy
F: Trent Dennis-Lane, Adam Goodes, Jesse White
Foll: Mike Pyke, Jude Bolton, Kieren Jack
I/C: Martin Mattner, Brett Meredith, Jarred Moore, Nick Smith
Emg: Gary Rohan, Sam Reid, Patrick Veszpremi

In: O'Keefe, Moore
Out: Shane Mumford (knee), Gary Rohan

CJK
26th August 2010, 06:08 PM
Predictable changes are predictable.

Turner
With Brown out, surely you can pencil in the win?

Robbo
Fair changes. Meredith was better than Rohan last week.

Bas
26th August 2010, 06:09 PM
With Brown out that makes it an easier option for 5th on the table. Reid and Vez listed as emergencies.

CJK
26th August 2010, 06:19 PM
See Amon can't get a game for them.

How's that worked out for him? Not great from the looks of things.

Captain
26th August 2010, 06:23 PM
See Amon can't get a game for them.

How's that worked out for him? Not great from the looks of things.

He has been injured.

I thought changes were predictable. Not suprised that Merridith stayed in the team.

ugg
26th August 2010, 06:25 PM
It's the battle of the makeshift forward lines. The defenders should have a field day.

http://www.sydneyswans.com.au/news/newsarticle/tabid/7106/newsid/101231/default.aspx

Coach Paul Roos said Rohan had done well last week against the Bulldogs and was unlucky to miss out. ?We thought he was good. It really just came down to match-ups and the roles that we want guys to play,?? Roos said.

Rohan spent time running off half-back last week, and Roos believes that area can be covered against the Lions by the likes of Nick Malceski, Martin Mattner and Tadhg Kennelly.

True that Roosy, but Rohan can also go forward.

Triple B
26th August 2010, 06:39 PM
Still wouldn't surprise to see Rohan come in for somebody who may develop 'general soreness', particularly if the home final is wrapped up by the time the teams need to be lodged 90 mins before the game.

dimelb
26th August 2010, 06:42 PM
Possibly, but I'm not tempting fate!

Cheer Squad
26th August 2010, 06:44 PM

Let's hope so. It never pays to be over-confident. I think we'll have to earn the win.

Hartijon
26th August 2010, 06:53 PM
So you would want Bevo and Ted to come in when we 'NEED' them without any form?

Ok then.

No but if you need them because of injuries and no one else from the reserves is breaking down the doors to get promoted then of course you play them.It common sense. I felt they were originally selected on their past reputation not their current form and they have now run into form. Yes we need them,yes they are now in form and yes they should be selected. Can I be any clearer?

ShockOfHair
26th August 2010, 07:07 PM
I'm intrigued by Vez as emergency. It means either we're at rock bottom in reserves - and Roos wants Meredith to get some pre-finals game time - or Paddy has jumped through a few hoops since Roos' spray a few weeks back and is on the verge.

Hartijon
26th August 2010, 07:13 PM
I'm intrigued by Vez as emergency. It means either we're at rock bottom in reserves - and Roos wants Meredith to get some pre-finals game time - or Paddy has jumped through a few hoops since Roos' spray a few weeks back and is on the verge.

Yeah its a comic opera in many ways.. Be a good boy and you will nearly get in but not quite! I suspect its the former reason..we are at rock bottom! Imagine if things had been done differently and our FF line was TDL,White and Vez. (listen to the groans!) That would be one of the most dynamic ,exciting ,potential plus lines in the AFL!

Melbourne_Blood
26th August 2010, 07:15 PM
If the hime final is wrapped up by the time we play, I'd like to see all three emergencies come in. Rest some of the older bodies for week 1 of the finals. Then again, we dont want to flirt with our form too much..

Hartijon
26th August 2010, 07:20 PM
If the hime final is wrapped up by the time we play, I'd like to see all three emergencies come in. Rest some of the older bodies for week 1 of the finals. Then again, we dont want to flirt with our form too much..

The Fremantle Approach! Let's see if it works for them? They have really flirted with form and got stung but what if it comes off and with 6 or 7 refreshed players they storm into Premiership contention! Mark harvey will look like a genius (if that is possible?)

Melbourne_Blood
26th August 2010, 07:37 PM
hahah he does seem like a dopey bastard doesn't he?

Captain
26th August 2010, 07:38 PM
It's the battle of the makeshift forward lines. The defenders should have a field day.

We bought 2 forwards in!

Hartijon
26th August 2010, 07:41 PM
hahah he does seem like a dopey bastard doesn't he?

Yeah,he has the WORST facial body language of any of the coaches.At times he looks like its lucky he doesn't have a gun nearbye!If looks could kill!!!! Other times you'd swear he was about to cry.Some people rate him highly. I think Pavlich does a lot of support coaching for him and thats probably a good thing.

ugg
26th August 2010, 07:47 PM
We bought 2 forwards in!

ROK is a midfielder and White's time up forward will be reduced

Lucky Knickers
26th August 2010, 08:06 PM
I'm glad to see Meredith got the nod over Rohan this week (at least for now). I was disappointed with Rohan on Sat and felt he tried to be a bit cute when there were smarter options. I love his chutzpah, don't get me wrong, but I think he looked the least like he belonged and we weren't playing a hot team. If he tries that candy feint against the better sides he will get found out pretty quickly.
Meredith on the other hand seemed to claim his space during the game and was clever with the ball. I wasn't even too unhappy with the shepherd he laid that lead to that 50m as I'm sure he needed to make a statement and we were well in control.
Sensed a glimpse of the pre- arm break Brett where he seems to have a lot of time to assess and choose options and delivery/accuracy was quite lovely. So I am really happy to see him get more game time as he will be an important component in finals in terms of giving us depth.
Happy with the team.
It will be interesting to see what Lions do with their rucks. I think Stella mentioned this on another thread and agree that this is a distinct advantage Voss could exploit. We might be a bit fragile if they push forward forcing Pyke or White into defence. We do look a little short without LRT back there.
The coaching was very good on the weekend with clever match-ups and speedy switches so I am sure Roosy has a cunning plan.
I feel slightly cheated not to be seeing Brownie and Fev play.

Mountain Man
26th August 2010, 09:29 PM
"It will be interesting to see what Lions do with their rucks."

With Brown not playing, they have listed Clarke as Full Forward, which leaves only Leunberger to Ruck (the interchange bench has Harwood 183cm, Sherman 183cm, Proud 180cm and Collier at 192cm). Leunberger is a 200cm 102 kg player, but will be one out with Pyke with neither getting much relief.

Captain
26th August 2010, 10:19 PM
ROK is a midfielder and White's time up forward will be reduced

ROK has been a bit of everything this year. I think he will play forward.

GoSouth33
26th August 2010, 10:34 PM
Don't mind seeing Rohan as the sacrificial lamb. I have a lot of time for the young bloke, and I think he represents a big part of our future. But he can just bide his time and keep getting hungry. You know, he went to Perth as an emergency, came back on the midnight "red eye" flight, went down to Canberra, I think on the team bus, and played with the two's on the Sunday. He's doing a hard apprenticeship and it may be the making of him.

dimelb
26th August 2010, 11:48 PM
... I feel slightly cheated not to be seeing Brownie and Fev play.
Just for this weekend, I prefer you to feel slightly cheated!

Gezball
27th August 2010, 12:00 AM

Maybe they're throwing him a bit of sugar so he's less likely to seek opportunities elsewhere.

I wonder what Longmire thinks of him.

MarshallG
27th August 2010, 12:45 AM
I want my Mummy.

maigu_
27th August 2010, 12:32 PM
BIG JESSE WHITE TO THE RUCK - that guy can't take a mark or kick a bag ... but has a good leap - will suit the swans this week if he plays in the ruck. Ryan O Keefe - has had an up and down year. But 2 weeks ago when he played on hodgy and kicked 4 goals - probably the best game he had all year hahahah. Pretty darn good job if you play a defensive role on one of the premier midfielders in the comp and kept him to 12 disposals or so and kick 4 goals yourself ....not a familiar role for ROK. Imagine if he went head to head with Hodgy and played on his own terms ..... hodgy would have had 20+ disposals and ryan of keefe would have had the same amount but probably kicked 6-7goals hahaha IMO

RYAN O KEEFE VS JARRAD BRENNAN
KIRK VS BLACK
POWER VS KIERAN JACK

Yuri H
27th August 2010, 12:54 PM
Don't mind seeing Rohan as the sacrificial lamb. I have a lot of time for the young bloke, and I think he represents a big part of our future.

I'm a little disgruntled, if only 'cause after that mad mock jig he did in front of Keneally that one game, I've had a soft spot in my heart for him. But yeah, somebody had to go - and if consensus is Meredith deserved space more, so be it. Hopefully Rohan will earn himself plenty of time in the top 22 in the near future.

maigu_
27th August 2010, 01:00 PM
rohan won't be the future of the swans ...

hannebery , jetta, kieran jack, mcveigh, trent dennis lane & malceski - swans future

ugg
27th August 2010, 01:14 PM
Umpires in YELLOW

(W/L record since R1 2005)

1. Chris DONLON (12-6 66.7%)
9. Matt STEVIC (11-9 55.0%)
29. Scott JEFFERY (8-7 53.3%)

EM: 13. Stefan GRUN (4-3 57.1%)

liz
27th August 2010, 01:30 PM

hannebery , jetta, kieran jack, mcveigh, trent dennis lane & malceski - swans future

Bizarre comment - we are allowed to have more than six players who are "the future". Have you already decided Rohan is a dud?

maigu_
27th August 2010, 01:44 PM
he looks like another ED BARLOW on the field ....... slow by foot and hands.

maigu_
27th August 2010, 01:50 PM
leigh matthews made a comment about Ed Barlow being the next ADAM GOODES in 2008. that was the most ridiculous statement i've heard from anyone. ROHAN = ANOTHER FAILURE

Plugger46
27th August 2010, 01:55 PM
That is just ridiculous. Rohan slow? Totally incorrect, he's very quick. Inarguable that.

Brettb
27th August 2010, 02:14 PM

Absolute ridiculous comment, Rohan will be the best of that bunch in 3 years, mark my words....

maigu_
27th August 2010, 02:16 PM
don't get me wrong, he's a quick player - but slow by hand and foot ..... he still has a while to go .... at this stage .. hannebery and jetta & i will also put TDL ahead of rohan ...

ugg
27th August 2010, 02:22 PM
and I suppose in this alternate universe Brett Kirk is lazy, Ben McGlynn is soft, Nick Malceski cannot kick and Trent Dennis-Lane is clumsy.

Kirkari
27th August 2010, 02:36 PM

You realise he's the bloke with the bright red hair right? Wears number 16? Not sure who you're watching, Maigu_.

Kirkari
27th August 2010, 02:44 PM
Don't mind seeing Rohan as the sacrificial lamb. I have a lot of time for the young bloke, and I think he represents a big part of our future. But he can just bide his time and keep getting hungry. You know, he went to Perth as an emergency, came back on the midnight "red eye" flight, went down to Canberra, I think on the team bus, and played with the two's on the Sunday. He's doing a hard apprenticeship and it may be the making of him.

Roos said a few weeks ago the plan was to move Rohan between the seniors and the ressies while he's still developing, so I guess he's just working the plan. Didn't know about the flights/bus - that is doing the hard yards all right. I thought I read the ressies were going down the day before though - can't remember where I read that though.

Paddy was an emergency last week as well, so probably doesn't mean anything. I live in hope though - would like to see him come up, assuming he earns it.

Kirkari
27th August 2010, 02:46 PM
and I suppose in this alternate universe Brett Kirk is lazy, Ben McGlynn is soft, Nick Malceski cannot kick and Trent Dennis-Lane is clumsy.

:D
Blasphemy. Next you'll be saying Daniel Bradshaw has skinny arms.

royboy42
27th August 2010, 02:50 PM

Welcome to the site, maigu..just be aware that there are people here with VERY long memories. And they take delight in reminding people of earlier, maybe rash predictions. Not saying that your prediction is...ah, never mind!

Nich
27th August 2010, 03:07 PM

You are quite entitled to your opinion of course but I think Gaz has been instructed to play a certain role in the Team, especially when he is half-back and learning. I'm sure the kid wants to make sure he makes the right decisions and from what I can see he hasn't had too many clangers, especially for a kid of 19. He did seem to pull up at times and slow play down when pushing down field but his decisions were mostly good - eg. hitting McVeigh as a target for a subsequent goal. When he is up front in the attacking forward line the speed of his feet and hands are up with the rest of them (as they clearly have been in the Ressies). You didn't see his goal against Fremantle on that rainy afternoon at the SCG back in Round 9?....Swans v Fremantle Round 9 (http://www.facebook.com/video/video.php?v=404504512479)...or his 2nd goal in his 2nd game against the Dogs?......Swans V Dogs Round 8 (http://www.facebook.com/video/video.php?v=404501907479)

Doesn't look too Cheesish to me.

CJK
27th August 2010, 03:08 PM
he still has a while to go

Indeed. Let's hope he is around at the Swans for a loooooong while.

RogueSwan
27th August 2010, 03:31 PM

you have got to be joking! At least he has a go, Ed is as soft as ripe Brie
Rohan has good skills atm, hopefully great by the end of next year.

dimelb
27th August 2010, 03:38 PM
... Paddy was an emergency last week as well, so probably doesn't mean anything. I live in hope though - would like to see him come up, assuming he earns it.
My impression is that the club tends to use the emergency list as a way of letting the players named know that they are not far off, as well as its normal use of course. A bit of carrot to balance the stick.

undy
27th August 2010, 03:51 PM
My impression is that the club tends to use the emergency list as a way of letting the players named know that they are not far off, as well as its normal use of course. A bit of carrot to balance the stick.

Reid being the stick and Rohan the carrot this week ?

sorry

maigu_
27th August 2010, 04:17 PM
3 years time, i predict he will be traded for a 3rd round choice. BRETTB.

it's not personal.

royboy42
27th August 2010, 04:26 PM
I think you've made your point maigu. It seems to not be universally shared though.

27th August 2010, 04:31 PM
I think you've made your point maigu. It seems to not be universally shared though. Universally? Not shared by anyone else on RWO that I can see.

For me, he's a bloody excitement machine and I can't wait to see him next year after a full preseason and a little more experience. Does the odd magic thing that to me means he could be anything.

Was Reid in maigu's future list?

Hartijon
27th August 2010, 05:24 PM
Too early for such judgements..what is he 19 or something? His Geelong Falcons coach rated him highly.Most RWO's seem to rate him too. His reserves game may well be his last game for the year as I am not certain he will make our Finals side unless someone gets injured and Bradshaw's fitness is not up to scratch. At least a team with Meredith, TDL, Jetta, Rohan ,Smith beat the Western Bulldogs. Thats 5 youngsters although Smith is 22 I believe? This is kind of what i predicted when I was suffering from a God Delusion.

Nich
27th August 2010, 05:26 PM

it's not personal.

Is that you Vez?

dimelb
27th August 2010, 05:27 PM
Reid being the stick and Rohan the carrot this week ?

sorry
I laughed!

Triple B
27th August 2010, 06:18 PM

ROHAN = ANOTHER FAILURE

.... slow by hand and foot .....

3 years time, i predict he will be traded for a 3rd round choice.

[ ] Credibility
[x] Surely taking the piss

Melbourne_Blood
27th August 2010, 06:34 PM
leigh matthews made a comment about Ed Barlow being the next ADAM GOODES in 2008. that was the most ridiculous statement i've heard from anyone. ROHAN = ANOTHER FAILURE

LOL you are a flog. What's he played 6 or 7 games tops? And you've already labelled him a dud. Please mate. He's had knowhere near the oppurtunity Barlow has, he's only 19 at the oldest and has plenty of physical and football development left in him. He will be a champ in a few years time , and You will most likely still be a flog

Big Al
27th August 2010, 06:41 PM

it's not personal.

Welcome back Kirkys Socks.

aardvark
27th August 2010, 07:52 PM
ROHAN = ANOTHER FAILURE

Ha ha... Wins the award for troll of the year..............and people recon I say dumb things...........

Bas
27th August 2010, 09:00 PM
Ha ha... Wins the award for troll of the year..............and people recon I say dumb things...........

But only behind your back. You're right. The very low post status does give it away. It's Nick Davis.

Nico
27th August 2010, 09:52 PM
You realise he's the bloke with the bright red hair right? Wears number 16? Not sure who you're watching, Maigu_.

I don't know that he is far off the mark about slow by hand and foot. I noticed last week that when got a mark or free he didn't instinctively move the ball on. A bit like Bevo has been most of his career.One time he slipped when moving off the mark. Another time he looked really nervous looking for an option and eventually did a poor short pass.
I think it is more that he is still learning and other parts of his game such as tackling and forward pressure is well ahead of other players his age.
Just because he was a top 10 pick doesn't mean he is a ready made right from the start. I've seen enough to say he is a genuine long term prospect and you have to remember he only emerged from the pack in his Under 18 year, and was never really on the radar as a junior footballer.

bennyfabulous
27th August 2010, 11:18 PM

it's not personal.

I sure hope you have nothing to do with swans trading or delistings in the near future/ever.

liz
28th August 2010, 01:55 AM
If you've watched any reserves games, you'll have seen him regularly collect the ball cleanly off the ground, while on the move, and bound up the ground (sometimes even remembering to bounce). You'd have seen him collect a bouncing ball, spin round on a sixpence, and snap accurately at goal all in one smooth movement.

His decision making might have been sometimes slow at senior level - not surprising for one so inexperienced, but I don't think he is inherently slow by anything.

dimelb
28th August 2010, 10:54 AM
Rhyce Shaw on Rohan and Jetta:

The speed displayed by Jetta and Rohan has been a welcome addition to Shaw's run but he said the young guns had left him for dead in a foot race against the Western Bulldogs in round 21.

"Gary came out of the half-back line and Jets was on his right-hand side and I was on his left. We ran about 60 metres and I was the first one to pull up because I was gone," he said with a laugh.

"Those two are lightning and it's going to be really interesting to see those guys progress. They're super talents and super fast as well. Good luck to whoever plays on them."
Not a bad testimony.
From here:
Versatile Shaw happy to play his role - Official AFL Website of the Sydney Swans Football Club (http://www.sydneyswans.com.au/news/newsarticle/tabid/7106/newsid/101321/default.aspx)

Matt79
28th August 2010, 11:35 AM
A post from Jared Crouch on Twitter said, "A young Swan might be missing tonight".

You would have to think Jetta or Hannerbury?

Bas
28th August 2010, 11:45 AM
A post from Jared Crouch on Twitter said, "A young Swan might be missing tonight".

Considering Jared's age that could be 75% of the team. How would he know anyway, he has nothing to do with the team these days.

Matt79
28th August 2010, 11:47 AM
Considering Jared's age that could be 75% of the team. How would he know anyway, he has nothing to do with the team these days.

Bas, I can guarantee you Jared is in touch and close mates with several current Swannies players.

Nich
28th August 2010, 11:47 AM
Bas, I can guarantee you Jared is in touch and close mates with several current Swannies players.

Yep.

Exact quote was - 'The swans might be missing a young guy'. And it was posted 9 hours ago. Drunk tweeting Crouchy?

Cheer Squad
28th August 2010, 11:51 AM

Let's hope not. Jetta's starting to hit his straps. Hannebery's become a key position player. With Mumford and McGlynn out we can't afford to lose too many more of the youth brigade.

Bas
28th August 2010, 12:16 PM
Yep.

Exact quote was - 'The swans might be missing a young guy'. And it was posted 9 hours ago. Drunk tweeting Crouchy?

Well if it was posted 9 hours ago, he may have finished a few bottles of his finest and was thinking about himself.

Matt79
28th August 2010, 12:20 PM
Well if it was posted 9 hours ago, he may have finished a few bottles of his finest and was thinking about himself.

I guess time will tell whether his was on the money (or the wine)!

Nich
28th August 2010, 12:31 PM

Or maybe Crouchy was on the Red with Hanners celebrating the early pay out for winning the Rising Star and Hanners has gone missing ala 'The Hangover'.

giant
28th August 2010, 12:33 PM

You follow Jared Crouch on Twitter? Isn't that taking the social networking thingo a tad far?

Matt79
28th August 2010, 01:05 PM
You follow Jared Crouch on Twitter? Isn't that taking the social networking thingo a tad far?

He asked to follow me! :D

giant
28th August 2010, 01:07 PM
He asked to follow me! :D

Ah that makes more sense!

Primmy
28th August 2010, 02:56 PM

No way, I would put my pennies on Meredith first.

Vonsteinman
28th August 2010, 03:20 PM
No way, I would put my pennies on Meredith first.

Hmmm... IMO if they were going to give anyone a break it would be Hanners. I reckon his shoulders could do with a week off.

Vonsteinman
28th August 2010, 08:04 PM
Hmmm... IMO if they were going to give anyone a break it would be Hanners. I reckon his shoulders could do with a week off.

One of those occasions where you hate being right (that's assuming that I am correct about the reason for him being rested).... I hope the week off will be good for him.