PDA

View Full Version : Go GREEN with your Swans membership renewal and help the environment!

randwforever
11th November 2010, 10:14 AM
Hi everyone,

Yesterday everyone should have received an email from us outlining changes for Season 2011. I can't believe its that time of year already!

One of our great new initiatives is sending electronic eBrochures. Just like the one you received yesterday.

You can help us, help the environment, and free up funds for the football department and membership programs by receiving your 2011 membership renewal notification ELECTRONICALLY.

A membership eBrochure saves you time, is highly interactive and links straight into our database, making the process environmentally friendly and highly efficient at the same time.

To to go green now - CLICK HERE (https://secure.memberdesq.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=login&OrgID=1752) to go to your new look Swan-e Account.

If you have any questions about renewals you can email the Member Services team at [email protected] or call us on 1300 663 819.

Bring on 2011!

Larissa

Member Services Manager

swansrob
11th November 2010, 10:20 AM
Done!

erica
11th November 2010, 10:36 AM
Larissa, my Dad still has dial-up internet access (I know! but he really only wants it for email) and so can't open fancy-smancy things like eBrochures. Just because some people have email, it doesn't mean they have fast internet access. Might be worth keeping in mind.

randwforever
11th November 2010, 10:44 AM
Good point Erica. For this reason, you dont have to elect to only receive an eBrochure, we will still send out the normal print version. We just want to get as many people going green as possible!

Triple B
11th November 2010, 11:02 AM
Larissa, I have a family membership so I get 6 brochures in the mail. Of course, generally only one gets opened and the rest find their way to the recycling bin.

TBH, I enjoy the printed version and would prefer to get both, but I certainly can make do with 1 brochure, not 6.

CJK
11th November 2010, 11:41 AM
I was down for this but when I clicked through I had to enter my user name and password.

I have a user name a password?

randwforever
11th November 2010, 11:44 AM
I was down for this but when I clicked through I had to enter my user name and password.

I have a user name a password?

Sure do.

its listed on the email we sent you yesterday.

:)

Bas
11th November 2010, 12:01 PM
I like the sound of the pages turning.

The usernames sound like the names of some African warriors.

ScottH
11th November 2010, 12:37 PM
Did Melbourne members get it?
I don't recall seeing in my inbox yesterday?

randwforever
11th November 2010, 12:59 PM
Did Melbourne members get it?
I don't recall seeing in my inbox yesterday?

Sorry Scott. Only NSW based members are getting eBrochures this time round. We are testing how it goes before we roll out accross VIC as well.

If any VIC members elect to go green now, all future membership communications after renewals will be electronic.

ugg
11th November 2010, 01:12 PM
Whoever entered the date of birth information has assumed the American system i.e. Month Day instead of Day Month

ScottH
11th November 2010, 01:19 PM
Sorry Scott. Only NSW based members are getting eBrochures this time round. We are testing how it goes before we roll out accross VIC as well.

If any VIC members elect to go green now, all future membership communications after renewals will be electronic.

No probs.

randwforever
11th November 2010, 01:28 PM
Whoever entered the date of birth information has assumed the American system i.e. Month Day instead of Day Month

Where do you see this ugg?

When I log in it shows the format as day-month-year?

ugg
11th November 2010, 01:36 PM
Sorry I should have been clearer. When I went to update my details to elect to receive the brochure electronically, I noticed that the date of birth was incorect and that the date shown was what an American would read my birthdate as.

e.g. if my birthday was on the 8th of May (8/5), then the date shown was the 5th of August (5/8)

CJK
11th November 2010, 01:51 PM
Sure do.

its listed on the email we sent you yesterday.

:)

Got it, must have missed it when I was entranced by sexy eBoucher.

I've gone green!

AnnieH
12th November 2010, 07:48 AM
Larissa, I have a family membership so I get 6 brochures in the mail. Of course, generally only one gets opened and the rest find their way to the recycling bin.

TBH, I enjoy the printed version and would prefer to get both, but I certainly can make do with 1 brochure, not 6.

Ditto.
Why aren't all the family members on one memembership "pack".
That's where the money's being wasted.
Personally, I like to keep them. (If I didn't, I wouldn't have been able to document the price rises over the years.)

On another note, I'm pretty sure that last year, we were told that if we renewed by a certain date that there'd be no price rise this year. I understand CPI, but I'm pretty sure we were told they'd be no price rise.
Can you confirm that Larissa?

Cheers
Annie

erica
12th November 2010, 07:52 AM
Ditto.
On another note, I'm pretty sure that last year, we were told that if we renewed by a certain date that there'd be no price rise this year. I understand CPI, but I'm pretty sure we were told they'd be no price rise.
Can you confirm that Larissa?

Cheers
Annie
I think that was the year before, Annie.

randwforever
12th November 2010, 08:51 AM
I think that was the year before, Annie.

Thats right Erica. The price freeze offer was for renewal for Season 2009, with the prices frozen in the 2010 season.

In terms of the multiple postings for family memberships, when it comes to renewal packs you should only receive one per membership. Its during fulfillment that we are unable to bulk post.

The electronic renewal brochures will be sent today (i hope). If anyone has any problems or questions contact Member Services on 1300 663 819 and [email protected]

Cheer cheer!

Larissa

Damien
12th November 2010, 09:47 AM
Not impressed with the CPI increase, hope for the Swans sake it doesn't affect Membership numbers.

As for going Green, was happy enough too but when I clicked, the following error: 'failed query' was displayed. Happy enough to have the membership packages in my hand though, be good to review what each package has got going for itself next year.

AnnieH
13th November 2010, 10:30 AM
Thanks Larissa. My goodness. How time flies when you're having fun at the swannies.

CPI increase has to happen. It's not really that much.

Larissa, why are we receiving one pack per member in a family membership? Surely we should be getting one pack per family (when they're all at the same address). That's what I meant by multiple postings ... not receiving the same member pack twice. I get four packs every year, when I should be getting one with the four memberships on it.