PDA

View Full Version : Gary "Rocket" Rohan

Auntie.Gerald
20th November 2010, 07:40 AM
Gary Rohan has been a tough one for me to work out where I would like to see him play in 2011.......his fitness is a little bit of a concern still ie that he struggles to put in good 3km times etc in training and hence his endurance is not up to what we expect as Swans winger could muster..........for me he is a flanker without doubt....... part of me likes him as a HFF and part of me likes him as a Winger or HBF bursting onto a give and go pass.

If Kennedy starts games on the HFF with Goodes and say OKeefe then I would like to see Rohan come on as a HFF for at least half the game in 2011

Number 16
Height 188cm
Weight 82kg
DOB 07-06-1991
Debut 2010

stellation
20th November 2010, 08:06 AM
I wouldn't be too concerned about his overall endurance, because he only beat out Byron in the first 3km time trial of the year. He is still very young.

That 188cm that is still listed is from his draft camp measurements I'm pretty sure, I daresay it's almost a couple of inches off.

cookie
20th November 2010, 08:38 AM
His still very younger his endurance will improve, also he is the type of player that really lifts in games compared to training. If all it was about was running a good 3km trial then barlow would still be with us.

royboy42
20th November 2010, 09:14 AM
His still very younger his endurance will improve, also he is the type of player that really lifts in games compared to training. If all it was about was running a good 3km trial then barlow would still be with us.

I agree Cookie..saw a fair bit of training last season and he was a different player in the real thing. He also has quite a languid style of moving..sort of glides across the ground, and is deceptively fast over the sprints. Jetta doesn't get much ground from him.

satchmopugdog
20th November 2010, 10:20 AM
I agree Cookie..saw a fair bit of training last season and he was a different player in the real thing. He also has quite a languid style of moving..sort of glides across the ground, and is deceptively fast over the sprints. Jetta doesn't get much ground from him.

I have two words to say as regard this way of moving....Andrew McLeod

Nico
20th November 2010, 09:55 PM
In The TAC Cup he seemed to play the Adam Goodes type of game of floating around the ground. Time will tell but the raw material is there.

Primmy
20th November 2010, 09:56 PM
I have two words to say as regard this way of moving....Andrew McLeod

Picture this. A red headed, white skinned Andrew McLeod......the mind boggles.

He is a beauty to watch though isn't he. I had a moment when I thought he has the grace of Goodsey, but more speed. He will take a while to really develop his engine; he is still only 19 after all.....but I shall enjoy watching him develop.

AnnieH
21st November 2010, 12:37 AM
Go little ranga. Go.

Bless. He's got a good little footy head on him. Can't wait to see him shine.

stellation
21st November 2010, 08:11 AM
I'd say it's the other way around and Gary does get a bit of ground on Lewis.

royboy42
21st November 2010, 09:15 AM
I'd say it's the other way around and Gary does get a bit of ground on Lewis.

Now I'm confused, but they're both bloody quick!

21st November 2010, 02:45 PM
Now I'm confused, but they're both bloody quick!

and in 2011 should both be first choice selections, you can't have too much pace particularly when you have the skills of those two.

I know he is rated by the coaching staff but I think Moore's lack of pace hurt us in a few games, he is too easily run off. Build a forward line with lots of pace I say.