PDA

View Full Version : Quiz Poll

Bleed Red Blood
7th October 2003, 07:55 PM
Okay poll on whether My quiz should be answered using PMs or ordinary posts

Destructive
7th October 2003, 10:35 PM
I don't see why we can't use ordinary posts.

BAM_BAM
7th October 2003, 10:46 PM
I didn't vote this year in TLM, how do we do that? I assume it's private, is there any way we can do it that way for people who don't want it by normal posts? I'm happy with either way.

Benevolent Ert
7th October 2003, 10:46 PM
I liked the private message option like we used earlier this year - but ordinary posts would work too - something along the lines of Fat Pizza's trivia questions on the Fitzroy board at bigfooty

If you went Private messages you could ask multiple questions - ordinary posting probably limits you to one at a time

I don't mind either method - but forced to make a choice I'd go for private messages

sharpie
8th October 2003, 10:19 AM
as I've already said, normal posting, i.e. first-in-first-served, is unfair, because not everyone will be online at the time the quiz is posted.

Bleed Red Blood
8th October 2003, 11:47 AM
So how do you suggest doing PM?

Sending everyone a PM or asking a question in a normal thread and everyone replies using PM?

Benevolent Ert
8th October 2003, 12:21 PM
Ask questions in a normal thread (say 10 at a time)
and put at the bottom of the post that all answers are to be via PM

put a closing time on answers (say 48 hours or so) then at the end of the 48 hours add up peoples scores from their PM's and post the answers and the scores

jixygirl
8th October 2003, 01:45 PM
Originally posted by Ert
Ask questions in a normal thread (say 10 at a time)
and put at the bottom of the post that all answers are to be via PM

put a closing time on answers (say 48 hours or so) then at the end of the 48 hours add up peoples scores from their PM's and post the answers and the scores

That would be an interesting way to conduct a quiz. We should try it.

Bleed Red Blood
8th October 2003, 09:06 PM
Then everyone would answer and the scores would be tie.

The only people who didnt answer would be the people who didnt see the question.

There would be plenty of time to rehearse.

swansrock4eva
8th October 2003, 09:57 PM
As I said, we did try it both ways at the start of this year, and in order to be fair to eveyrone, PM/personal email was the way to go - you couldn't copy the answers of someone before you, everyone had close to equal time to answer, and the scores were actually quite varied, which makes it all the more fun. If you keep tabs on it in a simple excel spreadsheet or something it's not hard at all to work out who's done what each week and it was quite successful for us back then, and I imagine it would be now as well :)