PDA

View Full Version : Matt O'Dwyer playing at Werribee

chuckie
19th January 2011, 06:27 PM
I hope I am not reporting old news, but a friend of mine has told me that Matty is playing with Werribee this year. Will make a good VFL player.

reigning premier
19th January 2011, 07:55 PM
Would not be surprised to see him come back to AFL level after a cple of seasons in the VFL.... One of the downsides of playing in the Canberra league has always been that the step up is too great. He was a victim of this I reckon.

Primmy
19th January 2011, 09:21 PM
At least the kid is playing. Good luck to him. I think we all were trying to cheer him on to greater things, but....

Bas
21st January 2011, 09:55 AM
Is it a Zoo team?

magic.merkin
21st January 2011, 12:07 PM
good to hear

Hartijon
21st January 2011, 12:20 PM
What position?

wedge.maverick
24th January 2011, 08:39 PM
Would not be surprised to see him come back to AFL level after a cple of seasons in the VFL.... One of the downsides of playing in the Canberra league has always been that the step up is too great. He was a victim of this I reckon.

I don't think Matt let us down at any stage at senior level but he was always the first one dropped as soon as someone else was fit. Maybe a lack of confidence in him by the coaches but I to believe he can play and that he will be back in the AFL soon.

reigning premier
24th January 2011, 10:28 PM
I don't think Matt let us down at any stage at senior level but he was always the first one dropped as soon as someone else was fit. Maybe a lack of confidence in him by the coaches but I to believe he can play and that he will be back in the AFL soon.

No argument here. Would of loved to of seen him be given the same latitude that several others have been. He'll be back at AFL level.