PDA

View Full Version : Campbell Heath injures knee again.

kangle4
27th January 2011, 07:43 PM
Campbell Heath to have knee surgery - Official AFL Website of the Sydney Swans Football Club (http://www.sydneyswans.com.au/news/newsarticle/tabid/7106/newsid/107043/default.aspx)

Seems he wants to get back as fast as possible, going with the LARS surgery and try to find a spot in the team.

stellation
27th January 2011, 07:46 PM
I hope he's taking the decision to go with LARS because he believes it's the best long term fix, not because he wants to get game time this year. I know it's difficult, but he's only 19 and if his knee holds up he has a lot of football ahead of him.

Bas
27th January 2011, 08:05 PM
Bad luck for the kid and hopefully a speedy recovery.

I wonder if one of the rookies will have an opportunity to shine during the pre-season for early selection. I'm guessing too early in the season for someone to step up.

ScottH
27th January 2011, 09:38 PM
Well, that sucks.

Good luck to him in his recovery.

AnnieH
27th January 2011, 10:05 PM
I'm heartbroken for ya Cambo. You can come and sit next to us to watch the games!!!

Primmy
27th January 2011, 10:18 PM
Supersucks. So that's what the confab was about....and here I was hoping to see him and his safe hands asap.....aaaggghhhhh from all of us.

laughingnome
27th January 2011, 11:22 PM
:-(

Hope he comes through the surgery in good nick. Kid's got a lot of promise in my books.

magic.merkin
27th January 2011, 11:56 PM
I wish him a speedy and successful recovery!

Rod_
28th January 2011, 09:15 AM
Get well quickly - however take it easy and make it stronger!

swansrob
28th January 2011, 09:30 AM
I hope he's taking the decision to go with LARS because he believes it's the best long term fix, not because he wants to get game time this year. I know it's difficult, but he's only 19 and if his knee holds up he has a lot of football ahead of him.

According to club Dr Gibbs

?So far in my experience with both Nick Malceski and patients at my clinic, the re-rupture rate after LARS surgery is no different to the conventional operation.??

EMJ
28th January 2011, 09:33 AM
get better sooner rather than later and I mean that as a good wish to you - may the healing be quick.

Yuri H
28th January 2011, 10:21 AM
I saw that in the news this morning and my heart sank! Hope he recovers well and safely enough to get some proper game time (and have a long career!).