PDA

View Full Version : O'Keefe explains just what exactly a groin reconstruction is

ShockOfHair
25th February 2011, 01:15 AM
"The surgeon called it a groin reconstruction. I had to have the adductor done, the hernia done, and the conjoint tendon done. It was the full box and dice. Everything that was part of the groin, I had to get done.

''The first couple of weeks I could hardly move..."

O'Keefe raring to go now he's fit ... and wiser (http://www.smh.com.au/afl/afl-news/okeefe-raring-to-go-now-hes-fit--and-wiser-20110224-1b77u.html)

ScottH
25th February 2011, 07:27 AM
So, he now has a box and dice for a groin.
Interesting.

AnnieH
25th February 2011, 07:41 AM
He spoke about this at the L@SS night on Wednesday.
He said that last year people were questionning him about his game and how poorly he was playing, blah, blah - all the time playing injured.
It must be so hard to play with an injury, and I can see where you don't want to lose your spot, but seriously, if you're hurt ... go and get fixed.

dimelb
25th February 2011, 07:41 AM
Well, we could all see that there were problems, but good grief! Hope he has a full return to form and a great season - we can use him.

Primmy
25th February 2011, 07:48 AM
Right, he's back on my Dream Team. I think we all knew it was a groin, he couldn't kick straight, and that is a dead giveaway.

stellation
25th February 2011, 08:03 AM
He spoke about this at the L@SS night on Wednesday.
He said that last year people were questionning him about his game and how poorly he was playing, blah, blah - all the time playing injured.
It must be so hard to play with an injury, and I can see where you don't want to lose your spot, but seriously, if you're hurt ... go and get fixed.

So a fit young man spoke to a room of women about his groin at a fund raiser function? It's like something from Year of the Dogs!

giant
25th February 2011, 09:19 AM
Interesting.

Nice work!

GongSwan
28th February 2011, 03:32 PM
Interesting.

Is that the same as a frank and beans? What happens if you get the dice stuck over the box? Reminds me of a movie

Nico
28th February 2011, 07:17 PM
Reminds me of the joke about the bloke who was born with 3 testicles. He strolls into a bar one day and orders a beer. A chap is sitting on a stool at the bar next to him, and he says to him..."you know mate, between us we have knackers".. the chap on the stoll replies in a high pitched voice..."gee you must have a cluster".