PDA

View Full Version : Any Budding journos, or people just happy to have a go.

ScottH
21st March 2011, 01:24 PM
2011 match report Roster is now open, if you want to do a report on a game, let Liz or myself know and we'll get you on the roster.

Looks like I've scored the round 1 gig, so who's up for rnd's 2-24???

ugg
21st March 2011, 01:27 PM
I'll take rounds 5 and 19.

ScottH
21st March 2011, 01:41 PM
Thank You Ugg!!

Triple B
21st March 2011, 01:41 PM
I'll take rounds 5 and 19.

...and I'll help him.

ugg
21st March 2011, 02:16 PM
Thank You Ugg!!
Now I feel bad. I'm going to volunteer for Round9 against Hawthorn.

Primmy
21st March 2011, 03:25 PM
I'm ok with my crappy self indulgent observations for ressies, as long as I can get ugg type backup. I just get the "vibe" not so good on positions....let me know.

Not precious if someone else would like to have a go instead. More than happy to hand over the reigns, and put my two cents worth in anyway.

Chilcott
21st March 2011, 04:13 PM
Thank you to all those that complete match summaries and reports.

I wish I had the time to assist in some way, but at this stage, I pass on my apologies.

Big Al
21st March 2011, 05:08 PM
I'll do the Swans match on the 1st October.

If that's not available I'll do the Swans v Richmond at the SCG, my as well have a go I guess.

ScottH
22nd March 2011, 08:08 AM
Primmy, I'm happy for you to stick with the Reserves info. It's usually of more interest than the main game, as less people see it.
Chilcott, NP.
Go Big Al. I'll roster you on!!

ScottH
22nd March 2011, 08:16 AM
Sorry Al, Already taken.

Here is the roster so far
Round|Opposition|Reporter
1|Melb (MCG)|chammond
2|Ess (ANZ)|Des
3|WC (Perth)|
4|Gee (SCG)|Liz
5|Bye|
6|Car (SCG)|Alison.z
7|WB (Manuka)|BSA5
8|PA (SCG)|Big Al
9|Haw (SCG)|Ugg
10|NM (ES)|ScottH
11|Bri (Gabba)|Doctor
12|Ric (SCG)|Alison.z
13|Car (ES)|
14|Pies (ANZ)|
15|Ade (AAMI)|

Primmy
22nd March 2011, 04:34 PM
It looks like ugg has made us upgrade our standards of presentation Scott. Damn professionalism.

Old Royboy
22nd March 2011, 05:29 PM
I'm ok with my crappy self indulgent observations for ressies, as long as I can get ugg type backup. I just get the "vibe" not so good on positions....let me know.

Not precious if someone else would like to have a go instead. More than happy to hand over the reigns, and put my two cents worth in anyway.

Only occasional back up from me this year Primmy. I suspect that my time will be occupied in keeping two bloodnut grandkids (Miss 6 and Master 5) in check. As they live in GWS land its time to start their Swans football eductation so we have taken up the family membership.

Doctor
22nd March 2011, 08:53 PM
Hi all. I'm very interested in putting my hand up. Please let me know what's required by reply or PM and I'll take it from there. I've done plenty of writing so I have no issues with taking the role on, I just want to make sure I fit in with whatever is the required standard/format/style etc. I'm also confident I have the necessary critical appraisal skills to do it justice!

Big Al
22nd March 2011, 09:09 PM
Hi all. I'm very interested in putting my hand up. Please let me know what's required by reply or PM and I'll take it from there. I've done plenty of writing so I have no issues with taking the role on, I just want to make sure I fit in with whatever is the required standard/format/style etc. I'm also confident I have the necessary critical appraisal skills to do it justice!

Gee I have none of those skills so my piece should be very interesting. ;)

Doctor
22nd March 2011, 09:15 PM

Hahaha! You're better known on this site than me Big Al so I thought I might need to push my barrow more than you would need to in order to get a gig!

Big Al
22nd March 2011, 09:26 PM
Hahaha! You're better known on this site than me Big Al so I thought I might need to push my barrow more than you would need to in order to get a gig!

The more the merrier Doc, just let Scott know which game you want and it's yours.

PS: I might need to utilise those appraisals skills you mention when it's my turn. If I write a long piece I tend to attempt the world record for the longest sentence without even realising I'm doing it.

Frog
22nd March 2011, 10:31 PM
Doctor, say which match(es) and we will pencil you in. No need to sell yourself, you are now a reporter ... ;)

liz
22nd March 2011, 10:32 PM

No barrow pushing required. Regardless of talent, we're always delighted to have new contributors put their hands up. (Not that we're desparate, or anything.) The only real requirement is an interest in - and preferably a passion for - the Swans. Oh, and watching the game you're reporting on always helps (though I suspect is not always strictly necessary).

Just nominate a game that's not already taken, either in this thread or via PM to me or Scott. In due course we'll give you access to our special, secret forum specially for article contributors, where there are instructions on how to submit. There are no instructions on what to write - content, structure, format etc are all completely at the whim of the writer so long as they stay within the broad forum posting rules.

ScottH
23rd March 2011, 07:37 AM

I have no skills, Just verbal Diarrhea.

Welcome aboard Doctor.

desredandwhite
23rd March 2011, 03:42 PM
Yeah, just assign one to me at random, apart from the Geelong game.

I'll do my usual half-arsed effort which should hopefully entertain some....

BSA5
23rd March 2011, 05:22 PM
I'll do the Manuka game if nobody else does. :)

liz
23rd March 2011, 06:02 PM
I'll do the Manuka game if nobody else does. :)

Done. It's yours.

ScottH
25th March 2011, 10:07 AM
5 more games to choose from, so far.

I've swapped to the NM game later in the season.

Doctor
25th March 2011, 11:09 AM
5 more games to choose from, so far.

I've swapped to the NM game later in the season.

I decided on that one last night and was gonna pick it this morning, cos I think I'll go to Melbourne for that one. Oh well I'll pick another one! I'll take the Brisbane game the following week. Not sure I can get there or not (my daughter wants to because she wants to see a game at the Yo Gabba Gabba) but I can always do a report from the TV coverage.

desredandwhite
25th March 2011, 04:04 PM
Also, I am happy to report on the bye. Might be a little brief though, depending on TV coverage.

ugg
25th March 2011, 04:09 PM
Also, I am happy to report on the bye. Might be a little brief though, depending on TV coverage.
Check out post 2 buddy. No queue jumping around here.

ScottH
25th March 2011, 07:01 PM

Check out post 2 buddy. No queue jumping around here.

And nobody remembers who came 2nd!!

Triple B
25th March 2011, 08:10 PM
And I claimed the assistants job in post 4.

And what's this coming second you speak of Scott???

ScottH
23rd May 2011, 09:18 AM
These games are still available for anyone interested.

11 Bri (Gabba) Liz
13 Car (ES) Melbournehammer
14 Pies (ANZ) - Alison.z
15 Ade (AAMI) - Kimberley

Melbournehammer
23rd May 2011, 10:21 AM
These games are still available for anyone interested.

11 Bri (Gabba)
13 Car (ES)
14 Pies (ANZ)
15 Ade (AAMI)

I might be available for the carlton game.

ScottH
23rd May 2011, 10:38 AM
I might be available for the carlton game.

Great. Let us know for sure as soon as you can, and we'll put you down for it.

alison.z
23rd May 2011, 10:42 AM
I finish uni the week of the Carlton game so I should have time to finish any gaps needed!

ScottH
23rd May 2011, 10:45 AM
I finish uni the week of the Carlton game so I should have time to finish any gaps needed!

Cool, there are plenty of gaps from round 11 -24!! ;)

ScottH
23rd May 2011, 12:33 PM
Kimberley has volunteered to do the Adelaide game.

Melbournehammer
23rd May 2011, 12:38 PM
yeah I'll be right to do the Carlton game.

ScottH
23rd May 2011, 12:57 PM
yeah I'll be right to do the Carlton game.

Cool. thanks!

alison.z
23rd May 2011, 01:24 PM
I'll do the Pies - may live the regret that after though

liz
23rd May 2011, 01:28 PM
I'll be heading up to Brisbane in a fortnight so I can do that one.

Wardy
23rd May 2011, 07:56 PM
I'll do the Bye if you like!! I'm sure I could throw something together for that.;)(or a critique of either the Hunter Valley or Hawkes Bay in NZ - havent decided which one I'm going to yet.)

ScottH
23rd May 2011, 08:16 PM
Thanks

I'll be heading up to Brisbane in a fortnight so I can do that one.

Thanks

I'll do the Bye if you like!! I'm sure I could throw something together for that.;)(or a critique of either the Hunter Valley or Hawkes Bay in NZ - havent decided which one I'm going to yet.)

Thanks!! :rolleyes:
You're about the 3rd person to offer.

If anyone is keen to to any games not listed yet, Let us know, please!!

Untamed Snark
23rd May 2011, 08:18 PM
I'll put up some photos of the next home game (barring rain) if someone lets me know the best/easiest way to post them.

ScottH
23rd May 2011, 08:26 PM
I'll put up some photos of the next home game (barring rain) if someone lets me know the best/easiest way to post them.

Will do.
We have a photobucket account.
Let me know when you have them.

Thank you!!

Xie Shan
23rd May 2011, 08:34 PM
I don't mind doing a write-up for the collingwood game if it's still available. I'll need something to take my mind off the likely score

ScottH
23rd May 2011, 08:53 PM

I don't mind doing a write-up for the collingwood game if it's still available. I'll need something to take my mind off the likely score

Alison has already nominated that game.

Thanks for all the interest.

Xie Shan
23rd May 2011, 08:54 PM
Alison has already nominated that game.

Ah, missed that post!!

ScottH
24th May 2011, 09:08 AM
here are the rest of the rounds. All fre ATM.

16|Gold Coast Suns(GCS)|
17|Fremantle(SCG)|
18|Western Bulldogs(SCG )|
20|Essendon(ES)|
21|Richmond(MCG)|
22|St Kilda(ANZ)|Big Al
23|Geelong(SS)|
24|Brisbane(SCG)|

Big Al
24th May 2011, 09:23 AM
I'll put my hand up for the St Kilda match...

ScottH
24th May 2011, 09:49 AM
Excellent!!

Primmy
24th May 2011, 03:02 PM
If its not raining I am going to do the $2.50 old people's train ride to the ressies Newcastle game. Why? Because I can. I'll make notes.

ugg, can you do your excellent post of this game's players?

ugg
24th May 2011, 03:07 PM
It'll be up on Thursday or Friday.

I hope you realise that the Reserves game starts at 12.30 and the Seniors at 2.00pm?

Primmy
24th May 2011, 05:09 PM
Yes.

Plan is for radio and ear thingys listening to us get murdered in Melbourne while watching ressies live. However long range forecast has us wooses running for cover. Rain.

Have heard that My Best Boy Kane Murphy is playing.

ScottH
28th June 2011, 11:00 AM
here are the rest of the rounds. All fre atm.

16|gold coast suns(gcs)|Liz
17|fremantle(scg)|
18|western bulldogs(scg )|
20|essendon(es)|Melbournehammer
21|richmond(mcg)|
22|st kilda(anz)|big al
23|geelong(ss)|
24|brisbane(scg)|

bump

Melbournehammer
28th June 2011, 11:01 AM
I'm happy enough to do either the richmond or the essendon game (assuming of course that my previous version met the mark)

liz
28th June 2011, 11:02 AM
I think I already volunteered to do the Suns game.

ScottH
28th June 2011, 11:13 AM
I'm happy enough to do either the richmond or the essendon game (assuming of course that my previous version met the mark)

I've put you down for the Bombers. You can chage that if you like.
And Yes your previous version was well worth the read!!

I think I already volunteered to do the Suns game.

Must've missed that. You're down for that now.