PDA

View Full Version : 2011 Swans Season Preview

alison.z
22nd March 2011, 12:55 PM
Just to get the excitement building ... A season preview I wrote for another site:

2011 Kick2Kicks Sydneys Season Preview | Weekly Tips, Game Reviews and Dream Team tips with Articles of the latest issues of the AFL. (http://www.kick2kick.net/afl/2011-kick2kicks-sydneys-season-preview)

DeadlyAkkuret
22nd March 2011, 01:09 PM
That's a great preview a.z.

Margie
22nd March 2011, 01:14 PM
Just to get the excitement building ... A season preview I wrote for another site:

2011 Kick2Kicks Sydneys Season Preview | Weekly Tips, Game Reviews and Dream Team tips with Articles of the latest issues of the AFL. (http://www.kick2kick.net/afl/2011-kick2kicks-sydneys-season-preview)

Good work Alison. You write really well.

Triple B
22nd March 2011, 01:26 PM
Meet Alison
Alison is a Swans-mad aspiring journalist. She finds it very difficult to stop talking about the Swans and hates spelling mistakes and bad grammar

Geez, I beter watch me pees and queues's.

swansrob
22nd March 2011, 01:40 PM
Nice write up, Alison.

One thing I noticed though:

Alison is a Swans-mad aspiring journalist. She finds it very difficult to stop talking about the Swans and hates spelling mistakes and bad grammar
You seem to have left out an apostrophe in the heading:

2011 Kick2Kicks Sydneys Season Preview

Sorry, but I'm a stickler for it myself sometimes... :p

alison.z
22nd March 2011, 02:00 PM
I didn't do the heading!!!

Haha i had a spelling error in the first paragraph and had to email the site to get them to change it - it was distressing me so much!

alison.z
22nd March 2011, 02:02 PM
Ok i found another error in my work - I give up and retract that statement about me!

stellation
22nd March 2011, 02:04 PM
oh oh oh.... how about

It has been a seamless transition from as Paul Roos handed the reigns to John Longmire

This is fun!

dimelb
22nd March 2011, 02:04 PM
Thanks Alison, nice work.

Yuri H
22nd March 2011, 02:19 PM
I wood of helped with proofreading! You shood of axed me!

(PS - great article!)

ugg
22nd March 2011, 02:24 PM
Stop nit picking. She spelled Tadgh's name correctly that's all that really counts in the spelling department over here.

alison.z
22nd March 2011, 02:26 PM
oh oh oh.... how about

This is fun!

That's the point at which i gave up! I got Tadhg, Hannebery and Kieren all right so i guess it's fine then :)

alison.z
22nd March 2011, 02:27 PM
Stop nit picking. She spelled Tadgh's name correctly that's all that really counts in the spelling department over here.

**Tadhg

stellation
22nd March 2011, 02:50 PM
stop nit picking. She spelled tadgh's name correctly that's all that really counts in the spelling department over here.

:rofl

swansrob
22nd March 2011, 02:54 PM

Haha i had a spelling error in the first paragraph and had to email the site to get them to change it - it was distressing me so much!

Should have been a capital...

I'll stop now.

alison.z
22nd March 2011, 03:02 PM
;)

Triple B
22nd March 2011, 03:42 PM
That's the point at which i gave up! I got Tadhg, Hannebery and Kieren all right so i guess it's fine then :)

Not bad, but when u can get all the Jarrod/Jarred/Jarod/etc/etc right, then I'll be impressed...:p

Big Al
22nd March 2011, 04:23 PM
Nice work Alison. (clap)

From Alan/Allan/Allen/Alen

dimelb
22nd March 2011, 05:22 PM
Not bad, but when u can get all the Jarrod/Jarred/Jarod/etc/etc right, then I'll be impressed...:p
Moore is easy. Jarred, not shaken.

Primmy
22nd March 2011, 06:09 PM
:p

Nich
22nd March 2011, 07:56 PM
Kirky typed a message the other day on Facebook and spelt Tadhg's name wrong as well! Ha!

Nico
22nd March 2011, 08:07 PM
Kirky typed a message the other day on Facebook and spelt Tadhg's name wrong as well! Ha!

Isn't "spelt" a type of grain?

giant
22nd March 2011, 08:36 PM

I noticed that two!

Auntie.Gerald
22nd March 2011, 09:28 PM
i accept Tag..................some others may find that offensive............defensive................expa nsive.....................or just subjective :confused:

Big Al
22nd March 2011, 09:34 PM

I noticed that two!

Well their you go.

Triple B
23rd March 2011, 08:29 AM
Well their you go.

Here, here

Primmy
23rd March 2011, 08:35 AM
Here, here

You have just allerted me to the fact that I MAY have been spelling that wrong for most of my life.....

Cheer Squad
23rd March 2011, 08:54 AM
Here's some thoughts from O'Keefe in this morning's press about our chances against the Demons...why do I feel nervous every time someone opens their mouth like this?

O'Keefe confident in Swans' improved depth (http://www.smh.com.au/afl/afl-news/okeefe-confident-in-swans-improved-depth-20110322-1c58k.html)

Triple B
23rd March 2011, 09:46 AM
You have just allerted me to the fact that I MAY have been spelling that wrong for most of my life.....

Happy to help :D

aardvark
23rd March 2011, 11:55 AM

Alerted:p

royboy42
23rd March 2011, 12:06 PM

Wrongly...I'd add a smiling face if i knew how to do it.

ShockOfHair
23rd March 2011, 12:41 PM

Well done, Alison. First rule in journalism - blame the sub-editor.

jono2707
23rd March 2011, 12:46 PM
Anyway back to this Sunday's game......

Big Al
23rd March 2011, 01:02 PM
Here's some thoughts from O'Keefe in this morning's press about our chances against the Demons...why do I feel nervous every time someone opens their mouth like this?

O'Keefe confident in Swans' improved depth (http://www.smh.com.au/afl/afl-news/okeefe-confident-in-swans-improved-depth-20110322-1c58k.html)

He didn't say anything of concern. What do you want a player to say?

Rather see a player being confident than the other way around.

Hartijon
23rd March 2011, 01:50 PM

His comments on depth is exactly what I was thinking is so different this season.We either wisely or through chance blooded enough players last season to have a bunch of guys in the Two's who can come up to cover injuries.I always thought last year was a rebuilding year and this year we could give it a real shake. Regardless of the Melbourne game the season won't hang on the result.the season will hang on how well we play every week and the quality of the team each week.Having good reserves means we can always field a quality side and win more than we lose. With a bit of good luck we could give it a shake this year.

Primmy
23rd March 2011, 01:50 PM

Maybe you are not confident enough.

Big Al
23rd March 2011, 02:12 PM
His comments on depth is exactly what I was thinking is so different this season.We either wisely or through chance blooded enough players last season to have a bunch of guys in the Two's who can come up to cover injuries.I always thought last year was a rebuilding year and this year we could give it a real shake. Regardless of the Melbourne game the season won't hang on the result.the season will hang on how well we play every week and the quality of the team each week.Having good reserves means we can always field a quality side and win more than we lose. With a bit of good luck we could give it a shake this year.

Completely agree! I also think the mixture we have between youth and experience is just about right. Add the excitement factor of players like Jetta, Rohan, Hanners etc and you have a season high on promise.

Hartijon
23rd March 2011, 02:34 PM
Completely agree! I also think the mixture we have between youth and experience is just about right. Add the excitement factor of players like Jetta, Rohan, Hanners etc and you have a season high on promise.

We gotta stop agreeing!

Triple B
23rd March 2011, 03:33 PM
We gotta stop agreeing!

I agree

swansrob
23rd March 2011, 03:36 PM
Scully has been ruled out...
https://www.afl.com.au/news/newsarticle/tabid/208/newsid/109816/default.aspx

Mr Magoo
23rd March 2011, 03:54 PM
Dont you just love the unbridled optimism of a new season !!!!

How can we be so good when the likes of Bevan , mattner, moore, white and richards are likely to be in the 22 on the weekend. I think Ive heard before that its not your best five players that necessarily win it for you, its the strength of your worst five. Based on that we are cactus according to many on this site with these perennial whipping boys in our team.

giant
23rd March 2011, 04:00 PM
Scully has been ruled out...
https://www.afl.com.au/news/newsarticle/tabid/208/newsid/109816/default.aspx

Is this code for "they know he's signed with GWS and they won't play him anymore"?

stellation
23rd March 2011, 04:38 PM
I agree

I beg to differ, we should always agree.

jono2707
23rd March 2011, 04:47 PM
Dont you just love the unbridled optimism of a new season !!!!

How can we be so good when the likes of Bevan , mattner, moore, white and richards are likely to be in the 22 on the weekend. I think Ive heard before that its not your best five players that necessarily win it for you, its the strength of your worst five. Based on that we are cactus according to many on this site with these perennial whipping boys in our team.

If they're our worst 5 I am so much more confident about this season. 4 out of the 5 are very experienced players whilst White is a very talented individual who may further develop into a top player. Compared to many other teams these guys stack up pretty well in my book.

Cheer Squad
23rd March 2011, 05:25 PM
Maybe you are not confident enough.

It's no so much lacking in confidence, just general wariness. I remember another occasion a couple of seasons ago when O'Keefe was quoted as saying the team had "belief"...and we promptly lost the following game.

Cheer Squad
23rd March 2011, 05:31 PM

I think it's best for players to leave team analysis to the coaches, and stick to basic comments like "can't wait to get out there, we're gonna have a real crack at them" etc, etc. That's much safer than letting the other side know we fancy our chances against them. Things like that can end up motivating the other side.

Big Al
23rd March 2011, 06:07 PM
I think it's best for players to leave team analysis to the coaches, and stick to basic comments like "can't wait to get out there, we're gonna have a real crack at them" etc, etc. That's much safer than letting the other side know we fancy our chances against them. Things like that can end up motivating the other side.

To be honest I'm sick of the cliche riddled crap we get from players these days. Be nice if we got players saying what they think for a change. Last week in the NRL we had a Penrith player come out and say that he hated Parramatta. Absolutely loved it. Penrith went on to smash Parra so the remark certainly didn't motivate Parramatta at all.

Cheer Squad
23rd March 2011, 06:21 PM
To be honest I'm sick of the cliche riddled crap we get from players these days. Be nice if we got players saying what they think for a change. Last week in the NRL we had a Penrith player come out and say that he hated Parramatta. Absolutely loved it. Penrith went on to smash Parra so the remark certainly didn't motivate Parramatta at all.

Well, if O'Keefe comes out before the Collingwood game and says something similar, you won't get any disagreement from me. That sort of "red meat" comment from the players is fine.