PDA

View Full Version : Swans vs Melb swap ?

Auntie.Gerald
27th March 2011, 05:47 PM
When I watching the game today I realised just how exciting this melb team is...........it is fair to say that there was a good 12 to 13 players in their team that I would gladly have in our 22...........

Are we witnessing a team that will be top 4 the next few years if not be in a GF or two?

DeadlyAkkuret
27th March 2011, 07:03 PM
We have just as much chance of a flag over the next 3 years as they do. We more than matched them and should have put them away, but it wasn't to be.

Nico
27th March 2011, 07:31 PM
We have just as much chance of a flag over the next 3 years as they do. We more than matched them and should have put them away, but it wasn't to be.

Agree Deadly. We just seemed to run out of legs a bit. It was almost as if we got sucked into their game and were intent on running it too quickly at times; but it was exciting footy.

Xie Shan
27th March 2011, 07:58 PM
Agree that we more than matched them, but the scary thing is that Collingwood are as exciting to watch as the Dees are but their pressure is at an even higher level!

We are pretty good, though. We'll win more than we lose over the next couple of years, I feel

goswannie14
27th March 2011, 08:39 PM
I was excited to see so much pace from the Swans. Some of the young guys made mistakes (as did a number of regulars), but they will learn from this experience. I am looking forward to an exciting season ahead.

mcs
27th March 2011, 08:51 PM
If you want to swap AG then go ahead- but being a Dragons fan as well like myself I think you'll understand that good things come to those who wait! The dees are building an exciting team, but I think we are just as much of a chance to win a flag in the next few years as they are. We did well today to hang on, and while our midfield has a lot of work to do, generally I think we did pretty well at nullifying their running game.

Auntie.Gerald
27th March 2011, 10:31 PM
ahhh lighten up ladies and gents

The tag was not to bury our guys in a trench and smooth the soil over............we will be a genuine top 4 team contender in 2011............but we had 20 of our 22 players tagging today.......that is a fair rap to Melbourne to have most of our team playing that tight today...............and we still almost pulled off the great escape !

Goodes and Reid played free and the rest of players were like perkins paste stuck to an olympic relay team on the MCG today.............

lets be fair dinkum..........Melbourne is on the cusp of finding how to win consistantly.................Freeo found that winning feeling last year then got savaged by injuries..........its the Dee's turn in 2011.............fairs fair........but not always :)

RogueSwan
28th March 2011, 08:38 AM
............but we had 20 of our 22 players tagging today.........

I don't believe that to be the case. It may have looked that way when we were getting thrashed in the middle in late 3rd and 4th quarters. The Dees just cleared the ball out way to easy and then our boys were constantly on the back foot.

andyn
28th March 2011, 09:23 AM
Bitter sweet game. Ask 10 minutes into the third quarter if I'd accept a draw I would have knocked it back with disgust. Ask me if I'd take it with 10 mins left on the game and I would have said yes please.

I was overall pretty happy with our game yesterday. We played a team that thrashed us last year when we were a better, more consistent footy team. Our first points in round one since 2005. The Dees would have beaten a lot of teams yesterday with their run home.

Gotta beat red hot Bombers next week!

Number 43
28th March 2011, 10:35 AM
Melbourne have so many promising players because they tanked for a couple of years and got the early draft picks....now they are whinging about potentially losing Scully to GWS. I reckon if you choose to 'bottom out' for draft picks then you might have to suffer the consequences down the track. Give me the Swans method of drafting/trading any day.... Thought we did well yesterday.

Plugger1300
28th March 2011, 10:51 AM
AG not sure you watched the same game. Melbourne have an impressive and youthful side, but we controlled them throughout. Just our usual no goal in a qtr hurt us.
Every player tagging is laughable

dimelb
28th March 2011, 11:11 AM
Moloney had 27 disposals yesterday, well in front of Jack and Kennedy. So we might swap one of ours for him? For that game, you might think about it. For a season? I don't think so.

Auntie.Gerald
28th March 2011, 11:58 AM
AG not sure you watched the same game. Melbourne have an impressive and youthful side, but we controlled them throughout. Just our usual no goal in a qtr hurt us.
Every player tagging is laughable

mate the whole thread was to stir..................its working...............i love my swannies.............i also like looking at the menu :)

but......... Melb I must say, look like a team ready to roar...........and we did our best to go with them

coming last on the table has some benefits with some of those top draft picks :)