PDA

View Full Version : Where to sit at the SCG?

swansrob
26th April 2011, 06:04 PM
Going to the SCG for the first time on Friday night. Given the weather in Sydney right now, we're a little worried about getting soaked at the game. We're likely to just have GA tickets - where's the best place to sit and stay relatively dry (and perhaps see the action) given those parameters?

Bas
26th April 2011, 09:00 PM
Get there at about 3:50pm and you can get a covered seat underneath the Trumper Stand and watch the ressies play.

If you look across the field and up to the stand which is left (your view) of the heritage listed stands, you will see some of us with our chardy's and canapes. That's called the Brewongle Stand. It's a great position to "look down" on everyone else!

annew
26th April 2011, 09:47 PM
I have membership but not reserved seating, are there any areas in the noble stand that are not reserved seating?

Bas
26th April 2011, 10:19 PM
I have membership but not reserved seating, are there any areas in the noble stand that are not reserved seating?

All of the Noble stand is unreserved. That's why we have the SCG Sprint as soon as the gates open.

The site of Triple B and Primmy shoulder charging each other on the way up is worth the cost of the admission!!!! :D

That's not hankies Primmy has concealed in her handbag!!

annew
27th April 2011, 12:58 AM
All of the Noble stand is unreserved. That's why we have the SCG Sprint as soon as the gates open.

The site of Triple B and Primmy shoulder charging each other on the way up is worth the cost of the admission!!!! :D

That's not hankies Primmy has concealed in her handbag!!

Thanks - I will wear my sprinting shoes

desredandwhite
27th April 2011, 11:51 AM
Yep, Noble and bottom of the Ladies are members reserve I believe. That is to say, unreserved seats reserved for members who have access to that area.

As for GA tickets, yes, concourse level of the Trumper will be your best bet. Will have to sit towards the back to be undercover.

swallows22
28th April 2011, 07:06 PM
Swansrob-email me

swansrob
29th April 2011, 01:40 PM
Swansrob-email me

Have sent you a PM...

swansrob
29th April 2011, 07:48 PM
Sitting in the Trumper, very much under cover, with a pretty great view.
Thanks must go to user: swallows22, who was unable to help out in the end, but was good enough to bother to call me and let me know.
This is my first time at the SCG and I'm pretty excited! Go Swans!!!!