PDA

View Full Version : If Judd wasnt in the Carlton team friday night would they have won ?

Auntie.Gerald
1st May 2011, 07:39 PM
For me I dont think they would have !

So that made me think firstly Carlton spent a lot of coin on Chris but it was a great decision and worth every penny.

It felt like against Geelong Chapman was the difference that sparked the final term and against Carlton Judd was the difference and on both occasion only in the final qtr

So are we just one marque player short of other teams or two at least ?

swansrule100
1st May 2011, 08:02 PM
yeh but you take say goodes out of our side then how would we go say against the eagles round 3. We lost end of story. I think judd was great but i think he has some mates flying under the radar.

ScottH
1st May 2011, 08:08 PM
Or Betts,

Or if Jack hadn't rolled his ankle.

Or if it had kept raining.

yada yada yada

goswannie14
1st May 2011, 10:13 PM
Or Betts,

Or if Jack hadn't rolled his ankle.

Or if it had kept raining.

yada yada yada
Or if the interchange stupid had half a brain.:o

Big Al
1st May 2011, 10:26 PM
Or if Mum had a headache 42 years ago I may not have cared who won...

BSA5
1st May 2011, 11:39 PM
Honestly, no. Judd won that game for them. However, he was in the side, and we couldn't negate his influence, so it doesn't really matter.

Nich
2nd May 2011, 09:30 AM
or if mum had a headache 42 years ago i may not have cared who won...
:d

CJK
2nd May 2011, 10:01 AM
He was bloody good. Let's get him in our team.

msb
2nd May 2011, 10:30 AM
Yes we would of won IMO. What judd does for carlton is just unbelievable, when he gets that vital handball or kick that results in a goal (ie forward pocket the other night when the ball should of gone out of bounds) or crucial passage of play and the blues players then lift from that. It was the same against the crows last week, he won that game for carlton against them as well, they would be nowhere without judd.

Mountain Man
2nd May 2011, 10:50 AM
If Bevan was in their team............... would they have won?

goswannie14
2nd May 2011, 10:58 AM
If Bevan was in their team............... would they have won?Well.....we would have had one more goal because he would have given us one, they would have had one less goal from his stuff up and the interchange stupids decision would be overturned and we would have won!!!;)

GongSwan
2nd May 2011, 01:09 PM
Without Judd they would look pretty ordinary, what he did in the final term was unbelievable, but considering Jack had him under control til he turned his ankle, and someone let Betts off the chain, I don't know, we had a few passengers in that game, but overall, I'd say no, without Judd, we probably win

robamiee
2nd May 2011, 01:28 PM
def without Judd..but you can say that about any team....Without Jack would we have been ahead for so long.....Jack is i believe one of only a couple of players in the comp that can hold Judd..why because not only does KJ have that burst of speed, but he also makes Judd accountable with his attacking abilities as well....Once you make Judd accountable you have won as it takes his focus away from his strengths....you need to have a tagger come attacking midfielder on Judd...
Just shows how far KJ has come and i think if he gets more media focus he can win a brownlow for the swans....

Auntie.Gerald
3rd May 2011, 11:39 AM
def without Judd..but you can say that about any team....Without Jack would we have been ahead for so long.....Jack is i believe one of only a couple of players in the comp that can hold Judd..why because not only does KJ have that burst of speed, but he also makes Judd accountable with his attacking abilities as well....Once you make Judd accountable you have won as it takes his focus away from his strengths....you need to have a tagger come attacking midfielder on Judd...
Just shows how far KJ has come and i think if he gets more media focus he can win a brownlow for the swans....

Rob that is exactly what I am alluding too.............we are one or two marque players short right now...........i have had a reality check !

Doctor
3rd May 2011, 05:33 PM
I think the more pertinent question is "would Judd have had the impact he did had Jack not left the ground"? Had that impact not happened, Carlton wouldn't have won whether or not the interchange thing happened.

Quick grammar lesson too people (to some not all). It's "could HAVE" not "could OF". Just because people pronounce it as "of" doesn't mean you spell it that way. Please note, I mean this with respect and not to pick on anyone in particular, but it has been annoying me for a hell of a long time - on this site and everywhere else to be honest.

Big Al
3rd May 2011, 05:38 PM
I think the more pertinent question is "would Judd have had the impact he did had Jack not left the ground"? Had that impact not happened, Carlton wouldn't have won whether or not the interchange thing happened.

Quick grammar lesson too people (to some not all). It's "could HAVE" not "could OF". Just because people pronounce it as "of" doesn't mean you spell it that way. Please note, I mean this with respect and not to pick on anyone in particular, but it has been annoying me for a hell of a long time - on this site and everywhere else to be honest.

Would of thought their was other things too worry about. ;)

dimelb
3rd May 2011, 05:58 PM
True, but they don't matter as much as speling and grammer.

Bas
3rd May 2011, 06:14 PM
True, but they don't matter as much as speling and grammer.

You spelt matta wrong.

Auntie.Gerald
4th May 2011, 10:41 AM
whatz wong with that !

longmile
4th May 2011, 01:51 PM
yes, yes we would have. If it wasn't for Jack's injury as well, he was doing a great job keeping Judd quite before he was injured

Doctor
4th May 2011, 07:27 PM

Heh heh. Yeah maybe, but you obviously don't know me well enough. ;-)

giant
4th May 2011, 11:30 PM
No chance. BUt sadly he did.

Auntie.Gerald
5th May 2011, 12:20 AM
Kingy on afl360 tonight said Judd was the difference by a country mile..........11 disposals final qtr in a team that had 44

liz
5th May 2011, 12:32 AM
Kingy on afl360 tonight said Judd was the difference by a country mile..........11 disposals final qtr in a team that had 44

It was 11 contested possessions out of 44 - not disposals. Unlikely that Carlton would have won the game had they only had 44 disposals in that quarter.

Auntie.Gerald
5th May 2011, 09:03 AM
:) thats why i shouldnt post at 1120pm at night

my bad !

Triple B
5th May 2011, 09:36 AM
Doesn't really matter Auntie, the premise of your post was correct, King straight out claimed that Carlton would NOT have won that game without Judd, full stop.