PDA

View Full Version : Hall Reveals All

swansrule100
1st May 2011, 08:14 PM
Didnt see where this article was mentioned

http://www.foxsports.com.au/afl/afl-premiership/barry-hall-reveals-all-on-sydney-swans-split-and-says-hes-loving-life-with-the-western-bulldogs/story-e6frf3e3-1226047736118

disapointing article in the sense that it does not actually reveal much at all, just sound like ticking off excercises was too much for him and prefers the relaxed approach at the dogs.

Matt79
1st May 2011, 08:27 PM
In an article in the Sunday Telegrapgh today Hall said he did not really enjoy his footy much in the last 4-5 years at the Swans.

Bas
1st May 2011, 08:35 PM
Can we boot this thread off the Swans forum?. Past player currently playing for the opposition. Move on.

swansrule100
1st May 2011, 10:39 PM
Sorry about putting in wrong spot tho he is discussing the blood culture. I also just like to still keep up to date on Barry cos he was such a legend

Xie Shan
1st May 2011, 10:43 PM
I know what you mean in that it didn't reveal a lot, but his comments about the strictness of the Bloods culture were interesting. I think ROKL started a thread on this a while back actually, will see if I can find it

Xie Shan
1st May 2011, 10:52 PM
My apologies, it was actually Stella's thread!

I was a failed Blood Brother: Inside the Swans Inner Circle (http://www.redandwhiteonline.com/forum/showthread.php/25590-I-was-a-failed-Blood-Brother-Inside-the-Swans-Inner-Circle?highlight=failed+blood+brother)

Note this is not dissing the Bloods culture at all, I think that thread was just saying that not every player would be suited to it. Hard to see someone like Capper as flamboyant as he was fitting in with the Swans now, for example.

(I actually never got why that thread got the reaction it did, I like Stella thought it was a pretty reasonable thing to ponder)

Matt79
1st May 2011, 11:11 PM
Can we start a list of the top 24 previous Swannies player where if playing now, would not make it under the Blood's Culture?

I'll start with David Rhys-Jones and Dermott Brereton

Kirkari
1st May 2011, 11:14 PM
I'd rather the Swans require accountability, like the fines for leaving a mess around the club, than encourage young, impressionable males to think that as long as they can play footy, they are above the concerns of "ordinary" people, and I don't see how that would be doing them any favours. Hall says something about the club saying the small things contribute to the big things and I absolutely agree. Allow small acts of arrogance and selfishness and don't be surprised when your players start pushing the boundaries into more serious territory. Real Commando had some interesting comments about the behaviour of an NRL team at a charity function that I thought illustrated the point perfectly. I love BBB but happy he's playing for someone else if he just wants to show up for games.

R-1
7th May 2011, 11:55 PM
It sounds like he's blaming himself for not being part of it, more than saying the culture is a bad thing. That's no big deal, I'm glad he's found some happiness at the Dogs.