PDA

View Full Version : Ladies lunch

Primmy
19th May 2011, 05:14 PM
I don't want to sound narky, but how come the Melbourne Ladies Lunch Cost $100, and the Sydney one......sky high in comparison. I would have gone if it was $100.

Anyone care to explain why the Sydney ladies are expected to pay so much more?

dimelb
19th May 2011, 06:10 PM
The Melbourne ladies eat less? Or drink less? Or there's no riff-raff in Melbourne to keep out? Or...

erica
19th May 2011, 06:18 PM
Possibly related to the cost of the venue and its staffing? Sydney is more expensive than Melbourne.

Yuri H
20th May 2011, 11:03 AM
Jeez, for $100, I'd have gone. The beard I currently sport might've given me away, but ...

Bindo
20th May 2011, 11:08 AM
The only difference I could see was that the Sydney one was 3 courses and the Melbourne one was 2. $50 for entree is a bit rich!

Still, our table had a great time and see what a great game Reg had last week after all our tips and advice!! Also, thanks to our chats, so nice to be able to tell in a flash who's Reg (socks down) and who's Marty (socks up).

Primmy
20th May 2011, 01:53 PM
Inside info Bindo!!!! socks it is.

Go Swannies
20th May 2011, 02:02 PM
No we just need to know if their reg grundies were up or down?

Jenny
20th May 2011, 02:58 PM
I don't want to sound narky, but how come the Melbourne Ladies Lunch Cost $100, and the Sydney one......sky high in comparison. I would have gone if it was $100.

Anyone care to explain why the Sydney ladies are expected to pay so much more?

Hi Primmy,

Although the two events share the same name, they are very different in terms of size, venue and production, as well as in player attendance.
For example, the Sydney event is held in the Ballroom at the Convention Centre in comparison to the RACV Club in Melbourne. Both are great venues, but the costs associated are very different.

That said, I understand that the Club events can be expensive. Keep in mind, if you're looking for a more affordable option, the Trivia Night is brilliant. Or even better - head to the Member's After Match function at each SCG game to hear from a few of the boys and join us for a drink or two.

Cheers,
Jenny

Bindo
20th May 2011, 06:08 PM
No we just need to know if their reg grundies were up or down?

His mother was sitting next to him, so all of us cougars had to contain ourselves. ;)

Edit: Thanks for the explanation Jenny. As I mentioned in another thread, for most of my friends the lunch is part/all of their Mother's Day pressie, so good timing.