PDA

View Full Version : The RWDL "Get Our Forward Line Back" petition

JudesaGun
16th July 2011, 10:28 AM
This is a petition to Longmire and the Swans' selection panel to select Sam Reid (R), Jesse White (W) and Trent Dennis-Lane (DL) in the same side and finally give us a forward structure capable of kicking a decent score.

Hartijon
16th July 2011, 10:41 AM
A forward sructure is a "no brainer" IMO and I am amazed at the thinking that the midfield can kick the goals we need to win. Despite all the changes of modern football both Geelong and Collingwood have traditional forward lines and they are going alright.The "Pod " for Geelong is a lead,mark kick fullforward.

It must be injuries (TDL, Pyke,Lamb) and poor form (White)that have prevented a structure developing.Hence the midfield have rarely had the same guys in front of them and have copped criticism for not kicking accurately to them. With White its either use him or lose him as this in and out business can't do anything for his or the team's confidence. I am still gob smacked that we have not exploited our excess of good talls (Seaby and Currie) and tried one of them as a F Forward!

Captain
16th July 2011, 10:53 AM
Count me in

stellation
16th July 2011, 11:26 AM
Red & White Dynamite Love!

Rod_
16th July 2011, 12:01 PM
Hello

I'm in favor of this idea and would include Lewis Johnston in this company... I realise that we can't have them all at the one time however would be a good rotation of the in's and outs..

Rod_

Gezball
16th July 2011, 12:40 PM
i'm in

magic.merkin
16th July 2011, 12:48 PM
In fairness to Longmire and the Swans' selection panel they'd all be playing this week if TDL trained fully and didn't have a dodgy foot for a few weeks.

GongSwan
17th July 2011, 01:57 PM
I think Horse would love to have this forward line, bearing in mind we have to carry our second ruck in the forward structure, White is not exactly setting the world on fire this year, and TDL keeps getting injured, and we need to carry extra midfielders in the team for rotations since we are down one on the bench, I guess next pre season the focus of endurance training will have to go up another notch

BSA5
17th July 2011, 05:47 PM
White was real quality today, wasn't he? :rolleyes:

ScottH
17th July 2011, 05:56 PM
White was real quality today, wasn't he? :rolleyes:

I'd love to know what is going on there.
He knows what to do when he gets the ball, but doesn't seem to know how to get the ball.

stellation
17th July 2011, 08:00 PM
At the game it looked to me like White was pretty active through the first half as far as leading etc.- he was working pretty hard and created a fair bit of space in the F50, even if he didn't get the ball.

ScottH
17th July 2011, 08:19 PM
At the game it looked to me like White was pretty active through the first half as far as leading etc.- he was working pretty hard and created a fair bit of space in the F50, even if he didn't get the ball.

Didn't see that on the TV, but he was about looking to get the ball, more than usual.
Maybe he realises his chances to impress are running out.

Cheer Squad
17th July 2011, 08:50 PM
This is a petition to Longmire and the Swans' selection panel to select Sam Reid (R), Jesse White (W) and Trent Dennis-Lane (DL) in the same side and finally give us a forward structure capable of kicking a decent score.

I support the idea of a settled forward structure using the above three players, and if TDL is injured, substituting McVeigh in his place.

This is probably our optimal forward line with the current list. Let Goodes stay in the midfield, Shaw and LRT in the backline.

The key point is that we must have settle on some sort of consistent structure. All good teams have it.

Nico
17th July 2011, 08:55 PM
I think that where Roos's theory was to build from the backline, Longmire has meddled with the backline in that he has taken LRT away from full back. Put him back there and drop Kennelly. Also with Shaw now doing a tagging role we now only have Malceski as a running half back, and he isnt making a real good fist of it at the moment.

bodgie
17th July 2011, 08:58 PM
I am in or this. I thought White was useful enough in the first half. I didnt see Jetta provide anything more when he came on instead.

Melbournehammer
17th July 2011, 08:59 PM
Seriously you would have a back line of lrt, Richards, reg, Aj ? Crazy. LRT is not as good as the other two as a defender (if you don't believe me have a look at Tippett v lrt in the wet at westlake oval). Plus Mattner plays tall as well. If you drop tadgh (which I am now close to supporting) you need to have a runner off the hbf and I don't know who there is to play that role. but it surely is not lrt

mcs
17th July 2011, 09:05 PM
I thought White was seriously useless again today. Granted it was a bit slippery, and he did try to lead a couple of times in the first quarter, but he has no idea how to use his strength in a contest, has an awful 2nd up effort, and imo really doesn't seem to understand that you need to constantly lead and look for space. I don't think he will make it - at least I've seen zero this year over several games to suggest he will.

bodgie
17th July 2011, 09:05 PM
You may be right Mhammer but this thread is about getting a forwardline structure. Is LRT the man instead of White? We seem to have plenty of options up back.

Donners
17th July 2011, 09:34 PM
I can't agree with White. He just goes missing no matter where he plays. TDL, Reid and LRT are sufficient for tall targets - our big problem at the moment is small forwards, who just aren't standing up.

dendol
17th July 2011, 09:50 PM
Im resigned to the fact that we'll have to go with LRT up forward this year. Whether its been too much pressure being the main focal point or not, White simply won't make it and there's no gain from playing him there and then subbing him off having done nothing for 3 quarters.

Bradshaw's retirement has been a massive loss to us. He would have given us what Cloke, Hall and Petrie give to their respective teams and taken the best defender each week, which takes the pressure off Reid and perhaps White as the third tall.

chalbilto
17th July 2011, 09:58 PM
I am bitterly disappointed with White. For a guy his size with his leap, speed, and strength he should be smashing packs and defenders. He just goes missing and doesn't seem to know where to lead. I just wish that he would have a red hot go but I think that his chances have passed by. Pity for I really hoped that he would make it.