PDA

View Full Version : Venue Change Ressies v GWS

Big Al
21st July 2011, 01:20 PM
Moved to Blacktown starting at 10am

LINK (http://www.neafl.com.au/index.php?id=16&tx_ttnews[year]=2011&tx_ttnews[month]=07&tx_ttnews[tt_news]=408&cHash=d069acf4b822e363769d243a8a4ab51f)

longmile
21st July 2011, 01:22 PM
Just out of curiosity, I've never been to a reserve game, but I now I wanna start going, is there any cost or tickets needed to see the game?

ugg
21st July 2011, 01:34 PM
Normally there isn't but not sure about this one.

desredandwhite
21st July 2011, 01:58 PM
Hmmm.. Might pop out to have a look at this. How long are the reserves games, normally? Assuming about 2.5 hours means I have to get from Blacktown to the SCG within about 90 minutes. Do-able but means I will have to park in the far reaches of the carpark :)

ScottH
21st July 2011, 01:59 PM
Folau has had a rest and will be back for this game.
Would be worth going just to check him out.

Untamed Snark
21st July 2011, 02:11 PM
Hmmm.. Might pop out to have a look at this. How long are the reserves games, normally? Assuming about 2.5 hours means I have to get from Blacktown to the SCG within about 90 minutes. Do-able but means I will have to park in the far reaches of the carpark :)

Park in the Fox Studio carpark, still costs $20 but less crowded (generally)

Triple B
21st July 2011, 02:17 PM
Park in the Fox Studio carpark, still costs $20 but less crowded (generally)

Every time I've parked there it's been an absolute nightmare to get out of.

I just grit my teeth and fork out my $$$ to the Moore Park Trust *spit*

desredandwhite
21st July 2011, 02:22 PM

I usually park in Fox. The trick is to get there early enough that you park on levels 1 or 2. And then bolt to the car park as soon as the game is over. People leaving Fox have IMO a distinct advantage getting onto Anzac Parade, but after that it's blocked up as per usual.

ugg
21st July 2011, 02:23 PM

I'ev parked there the last 2 games and it's been okay getting out (granted I get there early for the ressies game so I dont' have to park on a high level). Sitting on Anzac Parade heading towards the city is the major blocking point.

Untamed Snark
21st July 2011, 02:25 PM

Odd-we've never had an issue.
Parking with the trust generally takes 45 mins+ though

Triple B
21st July 2011, 02:40 PM
Obviously I'm usually there early, but rarely 'bolt to the carpark' straight after the game. Sitting in the Noble also makes it less attractive to park at Fox because you are fighting for a fair way against the people coming out of the outer and Brewongle and heading towards the city.

On Sunday I left immediately tho because it was just me and my grown nephew, no wife and kids/grandkids to slow me down. I bolted downstairs to give Razor the sendoff he deserved, then bolted to the carpark. Drove straight out onto Driver Av, left into Moore Pk Rd and I was outta there before the players had finished shaking hands.

I generally stay for the aftermatch as well, which means the traffic has well and truly cleared the public carparks by then.

I parked at Fox for the Carlton Friday night game and the Hawthorn games. Never again, it was 30 minutes before it was even worth switching the ignition on.

unconfuseme
21st July 2011, 03:24 PM
This is just pathetic - someone tell the SCG Trust that they are leasing the facility to a code that plays in winter, and sometimes it rains!

S120
21st July 2011, 03:41 PM
Well I'd rather the SCG ground be in the best conditions possible for the 1's than be ripped to shreds by the 2's.

unconfuseme
21st July 2011, 04:30 PM
Well I'd rather the SCG ground be in the best conditions possible for the 1's than be ripped to shreds by the 2's.

... make them play in sand shoes ... and in skirts!

Big Al
21st July 2011, 04:39 PM
... make them play in sand shoes ... and in skirts!

My as well call us Port Adelaide then...

royboy42
21st July 2011, 05:33 PM
My as well call us Port Adelaide then...

That one may just qualify for the 1000!