PDA

View Full Version : Sydney Showground Redevelopment

Bas
29th July 2011, 04:40 PM
I received my RAS magazine today and they had a two page spread with diagrams on how the new Showground will look.

Whilst working out how to share this information without giving one of the mods an attack of the vapours, I realised that there was a website address.

So you can all have a sticky beak below. The part of the Showground which is covered and has the greater light towers appears to be the existing stands and they are building on the ends of these.

The Showground will have it's on "hill" section. A fancy way of saying uncovered seating area with a big rather fancy screen.

Sydney Showground - Expansion New Stadium (http://www.sydneyshowground.com.au/corporate/plans.html)

Just scroll through the various sections. Can't wait till AFL by any team is played there regularly.

From the overhead picture, the ground looks like it sits in shape between the SCG and TELSTRA.

Bas
29th July 2011, 04:46 PM
Geez they have even named a room after Henry.

Bas
29th July 2011, 04:50 PM
On this page Sydney Showground - Expansion Updates (http://www.sydneyshowground.com.au/corporate/updates.html)

There is a live webcam camera that allows you to take control of it for 90 seconds and have a live look at the work being done.

Big Al
29th July 2011, 04:53 PM
Thanks for the link Bas. Really looking forward to watching footy there. Be interesting what RAS members will be entitled to do at GWS games.

Triple B
29th July 2011, 04:54 PM
It looks almost identical to Metricon, with maybe the upper deck just slightly further back from the playing area.

Triple B
29th July 2011, 04:55 PM
Have you two clowns been accepted to the function next week?

Big Al
29th July 2011, 04:58 PM

Yep, this clown has.

Triple B
29th July 2011, 05:02 PM
I'll see you there then. I expect I'll give the early photo shoot a miss, but will get there for the 6:30 start.

Big Al
29th July 2011, 05:07 PM
I'll see you there then. I expect I'll give the early photo shoot a miss, but will get there for the 6:30 start.

Same here. See you then.

Bas
29th July 2011, 07:10 PM

I was too late putting on the make-up and missed out. I have the kids that night so was not a logistic possibility.

Hugs and kisses for Kevie, Markie and Izzy from me.