PDA

View Full Version : Nick and Dan - 50 games

alison.z
27th August 2011, 10:20 PM
One a rookie listed player and one who burst on to the scene at 18 but both Nick Smith and Dan Hannebery will play their 50th games against Brisbane next week.

Awesome effort by both of them!

A nice piece on Smith to start the commendations
Smith in plain sight - Official AFL Website of the Sydney Swans Football Club (http://www.sydneyswans.com.au/news/newsarticle/tabid/7106/newsid/122057/default.aspx)

swansprincess
27th August 2011, 10:43 PM
Two of the best! And with the way some of the younger boys are getting consistent starts, there will be more milestones on the horizon.

pirouette
27th August 2011, 10:48 PM
oh wow, I didn't realise Nick Smith is playing only his 50th game next week! yay for both of them!

although the photo in that article is not of Smith...

Jewels
27th August 2011, 11:07 PM
One a rookie listed player and one who burst on to the scene at 18 but both Nick Smith and Dan Hannebery will play their 50th games against Brisbane next week.

Awesome effort by both of them!

A nice piece on Smith to start the commendations
Smith in plain sight - Official AFL Website of the Sydney Swans Football Club (http://www.sydneyswans.com.au/news/newsarticle/tabid/7106/newsid/122057/default.aspx)

Maybe this is just me, but that photo looks more like Brett Meredith than Nick Smith. :hmmm

Jeffers1984
27th August 2011, 11:09 PM
Swans Website fail. Clearly the pic is of Meredith not Agent Smith.

Cant turn right
27th August 2011, 11:11 PM
Maybe this is just me, but that photo looks more like Brett Meredith than Nick Smith. :hmmm
It's not just you

ugg
27th August 2011, 11:18 PM
They illustrate the different ways you can make it in the AFL. One is a highly regarded junior selected in the second round of the National Draft and played senior footy in his first year and has wide recognition due to his Rising Star win while the other had to scrap his way through the rookie draft and plenty of reserves games and will elicit a "Who?" from many opposition supporters yet both are important members of the team now and dare I say it ( for I dislike the term ) future leaders of the club

liz
27th August 2011, 11:28 PM
They illustrate the different ways you can make it in the AFL. One is a highly regarded junior selected in the second round of the National Draft and played senior footy in his first year and has wide recognition due to his Rising Star win while the other had to scrap his way through the rookie draft and plenty of reserves games and will elicit a "Who?" from many opposition supporters yet both are important members of the team now and dare I say it ( for I dislike the term ) future leaders of the club

I don't particularly follow underage footy, but right from when he arrived at the Swans, Smith looked a likely type. He was skinny but his football brain was immediately evident. I don't think it is just the benefit of hindsight that raises the question of why he lasted through to the rookie draft.

Jewels
27th August 2011, 11:52 PM
Swans Website fail. Clearly the pic is of Meredith not Agent Smith.

It's not just you

Thank Heaven, I thought I was going nuts.
It's shocking when the newspapers get our players wrong but when our own website does?????

Jewels
28th August 2011, 12:59 AM
Someone at the club must be reading RWO, they've fixed the photo so it now actually IS Nick.

DeadlyAkkuret
28th August 2011, 04:16 AM
How good is that background with AJ, Reid, Hannebery and Parker. The future! (Please sign with us asap Reid)

Jeffers1984
28th August 2011, 08:34 AM
looks like they've fixed it.

Primmy
28th August 2011, 08:45 AM
Smooch used to play ressies with a big grin on his face. Looked like he was just having fun so I could see how he slipped into the rookie draft. Then again so did Kirky. When will they ever learn!

As for Hanners. He still looks 12. How did those guys reach 50!! Well done to both of them.

Primmy
1st September 2011, 08:02 AM
Just read that our love child Daniel Hannerbery will this weekend play his 50th game. I mean really and truly, he still looks 12!!! I am not sure I approve of this.:surprise:

aardvark
1st September 2011, 08:28 AM
Just read that our love child Daniel Hannerbery will this weekend play his 50th game. I mean really and truly, he still looks 12!!! I am not sure I approve of this.:surprise:

and Nick Smith too. Unlike Dan Smoocher only sounds 12 !!

Good luck guys, I hope you both have a blinder.

Kirkari
1st September 2011, 09:16 AM
Good luck guys, I hope you both have a blinder.

Smooch and Handy Dan Shake Down the Thunder!!

Triple B
1st September 2011, 09:23 AM
Both in my Top 5 of most liked players...

gossipcom
1st September 2011, 10:21 AM
I'll be the first to admit I bagged Smooch at the beginning of his career, but in this case I'm glad I was wrong - because he has matured into an awesome vital part of the Swans. And Dan, not much more to add than what already has been said.

Hope to see many more milestones for these two at the Swans!

dimelb
1st September 2011, 11:29 AM
Dan and Nick, go well fellas - the future has arrived.

alison.z
2nd September 2011, 06:47 PM
RWO Content - Smooch and Hanners reach 50 games (http://www.redandwhiteonline.com/forum/content.php/118)

Kirkari
2nd September 2011, 07:02 PM
RWO Content - Smooch and Hanners reach 50 games (http://www.redandwhiteonline.com/forum/content.php/118)

Nick Smith. Definitely.

Primmy
2nd September 2011, 07:10 PM
Oh my, just watched the interviews, and I kept getting diverted by the sneak peak of pecks. My bad.

Smooch's voice is definitely distinctive

liz
2nd September 2011, 07:19 PM
Both in my Top 5 of most liked players...

Mine too - though admittedly I have about 15 players in my top 5.

i'm-uninformed2
2nd September 2011, 07:46 PM
I'm sorry but after listening to that interview with Nick I could never take him seriously again.

Does he suck on helium for a living?