PDA

View Full Version : This week's crowd...any guesses?

Cheer Squad
1st September 2011, 09:38 AM
It's time to turn our attention to attendance at this Saturday's match against the Lions.

Will our win against Geelong make Sydney finally sit up and take notice of us? Actually, it would be nice if it just makes our notoriously fickle supporters sit up and take notice! :rolleyes:

The match starts at the unusual time of 4.10pm - I wonder if that will help or hinder. Also, we are playing the team coming 15th. Not exactly a blockbuster, even though the result is important to us.

I think we might get about 30,000 or so. Is that too optimistic?

gossipcom
1st September 2011, 09:52 AM
Plus it'll be Tadhg's last regular game at SCG.

Twitter (http://twitter.com/#!/sydneyswans/status/109035389314007043)

AnnieH
1st September 2011, 09:56 AM
Full house.

Triple B
1st September 2011, 10:00 AM
Not confident we will get above 25K tbh.

I'm salivating at the thought of a final at a pumping SCG full house the following week if it eventuates tho....

neilfws
1st September 2011, 10:03 AM
Not confident we will get above 25K tbh

25K counts as a "good" SCG crowd this year. Maybe the combination of last H&A game, last Tadhg game and the "novelty twilight" factor will push it closer to 30K.

Damien
1st September 2011, 10:07 AM
Interesting one, the club is working pretty hard for a good crowd, some discounts around the place & the club have been calling some members etc. The time is the wild card (might actually suit a lot of people) & of course the weather, which is been so bloody unkind to our home games generally this year.

Hopefully 30K, the Sydney sporting landscape is pretty clear with the only NRL match in Sydney on Saturday is down at Cronulla (V Tiges)

dimelb
1st September 2011, 11:00 AM
It's time to turn our attention to attendance at this Saturday's match against the Lions.

Will our win against Geelong make Sydney finally sit up and take notice of us? Actually, it would be nice if it just makes our notoriously fickle supporters sit up and take notice! :rolleyes:

The match starts at the unusual time of 4.10pm - I wonder if that will help or hinder. Also, we are playing the team coming 15th. Not exactly a blockbuster, even though the result is important to us.

I think we might get about 30,000 or so. Is that too optimistic?
I reckon!
My guess, about 30,000. Tadhg's finish may boost it a bit.

Bas
1st September 2011, 11:07 AM
I'm not sure if there will be more than 25K.

It would be interesting to see how many would go to a final there. That would be a great comparison from years gone by.

Traditionally I don't think we have very big crowds against the Lions and I don't think the news of Taigh's retirement will boost too many extra to attend. However, I hope I'm wrong.

Margo
1st September 2011, 11:27 AM
Full House. I am taking 5 extras.

Primmy
1st September 2011, 11:47 AM
lots

Kirkari
1st September 2011, 11:55 AM
> 30K, assuming it's not raining. Fair weather Sydney fans, the big win last weekend, twilight game allows time for day jobs before and time to go out afterwards, good chance of a win, Tadgh retiring... Chance of a home final might work against us as people think they can go next week.

CJK
1st September 2011, 12:07 PM

Melbourne_Blood
1st September 2011, 01:03 PM
I'd love to in a position to go, but being down in Melbourne, I'm saving my pennies for a flight up to watch the game the following week ( all going to plan ). At the SCG, with fine weather would be nice, my last game there was earlier this year in the pouring rain against the cats ( and you guys reckon our weathers bad ! ).

BSA5
1st September 2011, 01:12 PM
Will Tadhg play? It would be rough to drop him after he announces his retirement, but you never know. Maybe it will be his final hurrah?

Cheer Squad
1st September 2011, 01:54 PM
Will Tadhg play? It would be rough to drop him after he announces his retirement, but you never know. Maybe it will be his final hurrah?

They should select the team on merit, and if he's not selected, give him a ride around the ground at half-time.

Yuri H
1st September 2011, 01:58 PM
The weather (for now) is predicted to be good - clearing to sunny in the afternoon - so that might help boost more casual-fan numbers.

Big Al
1st September 2011, 03:07 PM

If the game meant nothing then I world definitely play him otherwise the best 22 available should run out. The team must become before any individual as much as I'd love to farewell him on the field.

Bas
1st September 2011, 03:33 PM
He didn't play against the Saints 2 weeks ago, so unless there is an injury, I don't think he will get a run next week.

I'm guessing they will be picking a finals side this week.

Go Swannies
1st September 2011, 03:47 PM
Watch his interview - he says he's looking forward to playing against the Lions on saturday - with Horse sitting alongside him. He also says he's been stressed by his poor playing and that's held him back physically. I reckon he'll be out there on Saturday - and will go out in a blinder (or several over the next few weeks so he has to practice his jig again).

Wardy
1st September 2011, 07:45 PM
Watch his interview - he says he's looking forward to playing against the Lions on saturday - with Horse sitting alongside him. He also says he's been stressed by his poor playing and that's held him back physically. I reckon he'll be out there on Saturday - and will go out in a blinder (or several over the next few weeks so he has to practice his jig again). As long as he doesnt go out Alister Lynch style - he went feral in his final ever game and still copped a 10 week suspension after retirement.!!!

S120
2nd September 2011, 11:41 AM
Somewhere between 27k and 29k I reckon. Tadhg's last game, Swans assured of a finals spot (while still battling for a home final) and the Swans gaining a lot of coverage for the huge win last week will get some of the fair weathered through the gates.

ugg
2nd September 2011, 12:27 PM
Sorry if this is a little off topic, but has anyone used the Goulburn St car park for a Sat afternoon game? This old thread seems to suggest it was chaos that first time, has it got any better?

Goulburn St carpark (http://www.redandwhiteonline.com/forum/showthread.php/32752-Goulburn-St-carpark?highlight=goulburn)

Damien
2nd September 2011, 12:31 PM
Sorry if this is a little off topic, but has anyone used the Goulburn St car park for a Sat afternoon game? This old thread seems to suggest it was chaos that first time, has it got any better?

Goulburn St carpark (http://www.redandwhiteonline.com/forum/showthread.php/32752-Goulburn-St-carpark?highlight=goulburn)

I used to use it for games that I didn't drink at (that doesn't seem to happen anymore ;)) and always loved it, never had an issue. I always walked back from SCG though Surry Hills, so I probably missed the crush of buses returning.

Doctor
2nd September 2011, 12:41 PM
33 000 if it's fine.

Kennelly to play as the sub and get a huge cheer when he comes on 5mins before 3/4 time.