anniswan
15th March 2012, 12:30 PM
Me

royboy42
15th March 2012, 01:20 PM
Cocktail function??

wolftone57
15th March 2012, 04:14 PM
Yeh you guys in Melbourne get all the luck. Free grub and booze. Go for it fellas and sheilas:clap:

ScottH
15th March 2012, 04:25 PM
Yeh you guys in Melbourne get all the luck. Free grub and booze. Go for it fellas and sheilas:clap:
Not free. We have to pay for Booze.
But the finger food is free.

Not, sure if I'll make it though.
Hasn't been a good afternoon.

wolftone57
15th March 2012, 04:31 PM
Oh well the booze is always an extra generally anyway. Free Grub WHY NOT! Hope your day gets better Scott.

ScottH
15th March 2012, 05:16 PM
Oh well the booze is always an extra generally anyway. Free Grub WHY NOT! Hope your day gets better Scott.
Thanks. Although unlikely.
I've been sick for over a month. :(
Last few days it's got worse. ( I have whooping cough)

Dosser
15th March 2012, 05:18 PM
Can't do it - have a work function :(

stellation
15th March 2012, 06:53 PM
Lotta NARFs down there in Melbourne.

Velour&Ruffles
15th March 2012, 10:24 PM
I went. They played a video at the end which was absolutely brilliant. Robin Williams' "seize the day" monologue as the inspirational teacher in "Dead Poet's Society".... but instead of him showing the students photos of long-ago school old boys on the wall it was photos of old Swans teams as his words continued (they were once young men like you, now they're fertilising daisies, do something to be remembered, lead extraordinary lives).....leading in to some absolutely spine-tingling stills and footage up to the present day. I didn't know whether to cheer, cry, punch the air or do all of them. Rev up videos can be a bit corny sometimes but this one really hit the mark like. That alone made the evening a winner (oh yes, and paying homage to the premiership cup).
All in all, I'll be back again next year.

anniswan
15th March 2012, 11:53 PM
not to mention the torrential rain and lack of car parks, it was the first one I have been to having been a member for 15 or more years, I don't know that I would rush back again, for anyone trying to get there from west of melbourne it was a bit of a nightmare, food was good ecxept for fishcakes, that were horrid

Plugger46
16th March 2012, 01:12 PM
I went, fantastic I thought. Andrew Ireland was great, talked about a lot of the players we haven't seen much of throught out the pre-season.

Spangher - Bad hamstring injury, at least a month away from full training.
White - Frustrated by him like most people.
Mitchell - Keen as mustard but they've been cautious with because he didn't play much footy last year. Great tainer for his age and should play in the twos pretty early.
Lockyer - Chance to play early like AJ last year.

I spoke to him about Armstrong and Lamb later on. Both just about ready to go so we should see them soon.

swansrob
16th March 2012, 02:12 PM
Spangher - Bad hamstring injury, at least a month away from full training.

This sucks - I think we need the Spang. On average, he was more dangerous up forward than Reid. He could be great if given a proper run.

http://www.footywire.com/afl/footy/ft_player_compare?tid1=17&pid1=3381&tid2=17&pid2=1640&type=A&fid1=S&fid2=S

ScottH
16th March 2012, 02:47 PM
Thanks for the updates people.
I was disappointed I had to shelve my attendance at the last minute. (but it was best for all concerned)
I was more disappointed for my daughter as it was her first invite, and she was looking forward to it, and especially seeing the Premiership Cup.

Oh well, hopefully next year.

goswannie14
16th March 2012, 02:56 PM
I didn't get an invite....but then my wife and daughters membership packages have arrived but mine and my sons haven't!

31 hard at it
16th March 2012, 08:32 PM
Anyone who held membership for 5 years was invited - even if this year not renewed yet.

Hope its on again next year.

We don't get many games in Melbourne (don't count Geelong) so any involvement is good.

If anyone has a chance they should call into the Swans office near the old ground (many great memories).
The staff were great and they have a lot of merchandise available.

swansrob
16th March 2012, 09:50 PM
Next year will be my fifth year - looking forward to it!

Young Blood
16th March 2012, 09:53 PM
Anyone who held membership for 5 years was invited - even if this year not renewed yet.

Not in my case. I was invited in previous years but not this year, having not renewed until last week.

Not complaining, I couldn't have gone anyway. But others may be in the same boat.

goswannie14
16th March 2012, 10:05 PM
Not in my case. I was invited in previous years but not this year, having not renewed until last week.

Not complaining, I couldn't have gone anyway. But others may be in the same boat.Yep that's the same for me.