PDA

View Full Version : to tag or not to tag that is the question

Auntie.Gerald
30th April 2012, 03:02 PM
well its not the real question - it just sounded good

obviously different matchups and games require flexibility but I must say that I have been super impressed that when we have opened up and played off our man we have been very very impressive thus far

below is the link to Keirans goal and watch him closely take the tap down in the square and the follow up he does to his own kick is just awesome

he goes

he fakes to stop

he goes again and then

goal time baby

http://www.sydneyswans.com.au/Multimedia/tabid/8664/contentid/444880/Default.aspx

this style of play with our guys playing the man a little less this year is simply awesome

now I know that for every action there is an equal and opposite reaction but in years gone past most of our midfield were not permitted to take that extra run Kizza did to receive the offload and back himself for the goal........Kizza if he missed and they rebounded well he would have been on his bike to catch up with his man in defence as he would have been 80m upfield from him and frankly the same run Kizza did without a score would have killed us as a team like the Hawks would punished us on the counter with one less man in defence

we appear to have the matchups thru the midfield rotation to play a style that can adapt to being the pace setters on the fast break as well as our tried and true man up, win the hardball !

i'm luvn it !!

(clap)

Melbourne_Blood
30th April 2012, 03:04 PM
Yes our midfiled is going very well,and thats without Mummy!

Triple B
30th April 2012, 03:06 PM
I can only assume when you joined up the fullstop between Auntie and Gerald was a mis-click?

stellation
30th April 2012, 03:07 PM
I can only assume when you joined up the fullstop between Auntie and Gerald was a mis-click?
:rofl

Auntie.Gerald
30th April 2012, 03:10 PM
u should have seen how fast I typed.......no time for a comma or fullstop :)

ahhhhhhhh kick it to me !!!!!!!!!!!

WeHaveTheGoodes
30th April 2012, 03:17 PM
Just love the way kizza sidesteps..he has his old mans sidestep thats for sure.

Not many AFL players have that sidestep that is so familiar with League.

Auntie.Gerald
30th April 2012, 03:30 PM
craig bird

and he has the benji marhsall one too !!!!!

:surprise:

WeHaveTheGoodes
30th April 2012, 03:33 PM
Over at bigforty they are saying Josh Kennedy hasnt had a hard tag applied on him yet.

Really? wow dumb footy fans are dumb.

GongSwan
30th April 2012, 04:04 PM
Well you know those Melbourne people will go to great lengths to ignore us, I don't know what game they were watching yesterday, but to me it looked like Josh had about 6 taggers, just no one that could keep up

Swansongster
30th April 2012, 04:05 PM
Over at bigforty they are saying Josh Kennedy hasnt had a hard tag applied on him yet.

Really? wow dumb footy fans are dumb.

Hard taggers? Bring 'em on. Would have to house a big engine and be pretty tall to stop our Mr Everywhere. And if they put their best tagger in JPK, that leaves Goodes, Parker, Jetta etc with a bit more room.

Cue whistling from Zippety doo-daa! Zippety Yay! MOMWAWD.

Ruck'n'Roll
30th April 2012, 04:37 PM
craig bird
and he has the benji marhsall one too !!!!!
:surprise:
I saw one by Lenny Hayes on the weekend, double baulk, 3 opponents sprawelled in the dirt, he shoots he goals.

royboy42
30th April 2012, 04:38 PM
Tough to tag a guy who lives in the middle of the packs. Then pops up at centre half back to mark ,and 30 seconds later takes another at centre half forward and goals. THEN gets the first possession at the centre bounce following the goal!!
Bloke called Adam Goodes may be able to hang onto him, not many others.