PDA

View Full Version : Blues vs Crows

Cheer Squad
20th May 2012, 08:22 PM
Carlton has suffered a 69 point thumping at home to the bloody Crows...I hope this is not going to be their year....:frown

cruiser
20th May 2012, 08:48 PM
If it's not us I'd rather the Crows than anyone else (having been born and growing up in Adelaide).

The Crows looked very good. Made our 5 point loss (a game I still think we deserved to win) look even better. If I could just forget that game against Richmond.

Mike_B
20th May 2012, 09:05 PM
Carlton supporters must be rather worried, comprehensively outplayed the last 2 weeks and Murphy suffering an injury that may keep him out for a few weeks.

The Crows are an excellent team and probably still haven't got the media recognition of how good they are yet either.

goswannie14
21st May 2012, 10:30 AM
If it's not us I'd rather the Crows than anyone else (having been born and growing up in Adelaide).My eldest daughter is a Crows fan, so I am a bit the same, if we don't win it, I am happy for another non-Victorian team to win it.

dimelb
21st May 2012, 12:34 PM
Makes our 5-point loss look almost respectable.

WeHaveTheGoodes
21st May 2012, 12:46 PM
I want a non vic Grand Final..and its looking that way.

Just so i can see the media down here squirm, just like they did in 2001 2002 2003 2004 2005 2006..so much so they had to hold a "summit" to fix this major issue of non vic clubs winning flags.

ScottH
21st May 2012, 01:18 PM
I want a non vic Grand Final..and its looking that way.

Just so i can see the media down here squirm, just like they did in 2001 2002 2003 2004 2005 2006..so much so they had to hold a "summit" to fix this major issue of non vic clubs winning flags.

haha.
I've been waiting for the media to jump on the anti I/S teams bandwagon.

GongSwan
21st May 2012, 02:09 PM
http://www.afl.com.au/news/newsarticle/tabid/208/newsid/136362/default.aspx

This came out of the Murphy incident, I don't understand what the coaches are on about, are they saying the players would have slid in feet first to avoid hurting themselves? It's football, a collision sport, people get hurt, ask Gaz

ShockOfHair
21st May 2012, 04:41 PM
I'm also enjoying the Crows doing well this year. They're a non-Vic team, and no-one tipped them to rise. Plus the only thing better than seeing a big Melbourne club get smashed is seeing them get smashed after declaring themselves a flag contender.

Jewels
21st May 2012, 06:22 PM
I'm also enjoying the Crows doing well this year. They're a non-Vic team, and no-one tipped them to rise. Plus the only thing better than seeing a big Melbourne club get smashed is seeing them get smashed after declaring themselves a flag contender.

And two weeks in a row just doubles the enjoyment. Carlton are my most hated team at the moment for the way they have been rewarded for their years of tanking, to see them comprensibly beaten just brings the biggest smile to my face!

If we can't win it this year I would love to see Adelaide do it, bogan fans and all!

Big Al
21st May 2012, 06:45 PM

AND I'M @@@@

GongSwan
23rd May 2012, 04:32 AM
Chris Judd visibly sagged after Murphy went down, like he was thinking, "now I have to carry these blokes again, and my shoulders are still sore from carrying west coast" I wonder if Judd would get a run in Weagles current midfield atm

goswannie14
23rd May 2012, 10:28 AM
http://www.afl.com.au/news/newsarticle/tabid/208/newsid/136362/default.aspx

This came out of the Murphy incident, I don't understand what the coaches are on about, are they saying the players would have slid in feet first to avoid hurting themselves? It's football, a collision sport, people get hurt, ask GazPlayers might get hurt in collisions!!!! You mean like they have for the last 150 years? What a load of crap these whining coaches are talking.

cruiser
23rd May 2012, 10:48 AM
And two weeks in a row just doubles the enjoyment. Carlton are my most hated team at the moment for the way they have been rewarded for their years of tanking, to see them comprensibly beaten just brings the biggest smile to my face!

If we can't win it this year I would love to see Adelaide do it, bogan fans and all!
Yep, I have no respect for any team that tanks eg Carlton, St Kilda, West Coast.

Adelaide, like Sydney, are rarely out of the 8. When they do slip out of the 8 they still dont tank, rather they try to finish as high as they can and get back into the 8 as soon as they can. That earns my respect.

Big Al
23rd May 2012, 11:08 AM
Yep, I have no respect for any team that tanks eg Carlton, St Kilda, West Coast.

Adelaide, like Sydney, are rarely out of the 8. When they do slip out of the 8 they still dont tank, rather they try to finish as high as they can and get back into the 8 as soon as they can. That earns my respect.

+1

While some of their supporters can be nut jobs the club itself is culturally pretty close to the Swans. The Crowd thrashing Carltank made a great weekend even better.

ShockOfHair
23rd May 2012, 02:46 PM
You haven't got up close and personal with the Port supporters Al. The Crows fans might be annoying but at least they are recognisably homo-sapien.

Big Al
23rd May 2012, 03:11 PM
You haven't got up close and personal with the Port supporters Al. The Crows fans might be annoying but at least they are recognisably homo-sapien.

Can't say I've had the pleasure but from reports they should be investigated by scientists for evidence of the missing link.

WeHaveTheGoodes
23rd May 2012, 04:34 PM

Yeah but its not Carltons fault they were allowed to tank regardless. This goes back to the AFL and the secret summit held over the summer of 2006-07 to ensure that melbourne teams always remained competitive and never miss out on playing finals again. Since then all we have seen are all victorian Grand Finals and concessions given to victorian clubs. Coincidence? Hardly.

If anything you should have no respect for the AFL.

At least the NRL doesnt encourage TANKING aye crusier. ;)

jono2707
23rd May 2012, 05:35 PM
Yeah but its not Carltons fault they were allowed to tank regardless. This goes back to the AFL and the secret summit held over the summer of 2006-07 to ensure that melbourne teams always remained competitive and never miss out on playing finals again. Since then all we have seen are all victorian Grand Finals and concessions given to victorian clubs. Coincidence? Hardly.

If anything you should have no respect for the AFL.

At least the NRL doesnt encourage TANKING aye crusier. ;)

What happened in the 'secret summit'? I'd be interested to learn more about that - where do I find information on it?

WeHaveTheGoodes
23rd May 2012, 05:48 PM
There was no secret summit, i was being fictitious..or maybe there was but it was an unofficial gathering of victorian club presidents.

But at the end of the 2006 the herald sun went on a campaign to make sure no victorian team misses out on playing finals and we don't have a situtation like 2001-06 where interstate sides dominated. They did use "The AFL needs to hold a summit" in regards to this fiasco. If you search the herald dumb it will be there.

The next 5 GF winners and participants were all victorian and teams like the blues and the demons were handed concessions for coming last and the boss of the AFL, a victorian, denied that tanking occured.

Coincidence?

goswannie14
23rd May 2012, 07:09 PM
There was no secret summit, i was being fictitious..or maybe there was but it was an unofficial gathering of victorian club presidents.

But at the end of the 2006 the herald sun went on a campaign to make sure no victorian team misses out on playing finals and we don't have a situtation like 2001-06 where interstate sides dominated. They did use "The AFL needs to hold a summit" in regards to this fiasco. If you search the herald dumb it will be there.

The next 5 GF winners and participants were all victorian and teams like the blues and the demons were handed concessions for coming last and the boss of the AFL, a victorian, denied that tanking occured.

Coincidence?Pretty hard for all Victorian teams to not miss out on playing finals when there is a final 8 and 10 Victorian teams!:hmmm

I love a good conspiracy theory, this however hard I look, is not a good conspiracy theory though.

Lucky Knickers
23rd May 2012, 09:40 PM
You haven't got up close and personal with the Port supporters Al.
On a side note watching the Port final minutes against North on the weekend I saw that lady PA fan from the 2003 final who had the scowl and was sucking the lemons the whole game. She looks quite nice with a smile on her face celebrating.

Anyway, I love the way the Crows are playing. Can't wait to see them up against West Coast and Essendon and was pretty happy to see them account for Carlton so easily.
Our game against them was super.
I genuinely believe we are Top 4 based on that game. There wasn't much in it. We just need to hold tough over the next weeks.
With Mummy and Goodes in > watch out!