PDA

View Full Version : Where Are They Now?

wolftone57
16th June 2012, 04:41 PM
When I was a very young lad of 15 I remember coming to Melbourne to stay with my brother. We went to see a game between the Hawks, which Dave followed, and South Melbourne. We went with my brothers sister-in-law, Renza, who followed South, as her boyfriend at the time was Peter Brown who played CHB & CHF for the Swans. Brownie as he was affectionately known was a great bloke and he played 78 games for the Swans from 1971-1976. I wonder what happened to Brownie, I heard he played in the VFA for a while but am not sure. But it would be nice to know what became of an awfully nice fellow and a very good Swans player.

basher williams
16th June 2012, 05:05 PM
When I was a very young lad of 15 I remember coming to Melbourne to stay with my brother. We went to see a game between the Hawks, which Dave followed, and South Melbourne. We went with my brothers sister-in-law, Renza, who followed South, as her boyfriend at the time was Peter Brown who played CHB & CHF for the Swans. Brownie as he was affectionately known was a great bloke and he played 78 games for the Swans from 1971-1976. I wonder what happened to Brownie, I heard he played in the VFA for a while but am not sure. But it would be nice to know what became of an awfully nice fellow and a very good Swans player.

I remember Peter. Big guy, not a great amount of finesse but a real goer

wolftone57
16th June 2012, 06:38 PM
I remember Peter. Big guy, not a great amount of finesse but a real goer

Yeah he was a good solid player, not a star but just a good player. I liked the bloke. He was a real gentleman. I think they got him as a CHF but he didn't kick goalsand swung to CHB and was pretty good there.

Dooloo
16th June 2012, 10:23 PM
I remember Brownie. Big guy with a beard. Unusual kicking style, but a 100%er

wolftone57
17th June 2012, 11:41 AM

Very unusual a bit like Dunkers but not quite as bad! Always put in as you say!

Velour&Ruffles
18th June 2012, 10:17 PM

Did he have a pony tail for a while? Maybe just time playing tricks on me. I remember him as appearing slightly awkward and yet somehow being surprisingly effective.

Dooloo
18th June 2012, 11:26 PM
Did he have a pony tail for a while? Maybe just time playing tricks on me. I remember him as appearing slightly awkward and yet somehow being surprisingly effective.

Yep that was him. Think l might still have his autograph on a footy record somewhre in my boxes of crap