PDA

View Full Version : SYD v GEE - anyone know how "restricted" the restricted view seats are?

DamY
17th June 2012, 06:07 PM
Hey,
Going to the footy with a group of friends, and unfortunately didn't get my GA tickets in time for them - does anyone know how restricted the view is? In Bay 11R Seats 5 to 12.

Cheers!

Swansinger
17th June 2012, 06:35 PM
Mate , I have no idea . But if it's bucketing down with rain , come round to the concourse , Bay 7, at QT.
There'll probably be a few free seats.

DamY
17th June 2012, 06:36 PM
oh darn I forgot to factor in the rain. Well if it's raining then it'll be very easy to get a seat! It was bucketing down for the Melbourne game and it was easy to get covered GA seats. Thanks!!

Swansinger
17th June 2012, 07:42 PM
Covered seats in bad weather are atmosphere killers. And they destroy empathy with the team !

Matt79
17th June 2012, 08:17 PM
The weather forecast is fine in Sydney right through until next Sunday at this stage. Although a few days out, I don't think weather will be a factor.

Get your tickets and simply be there! It is going to be an awesome night, great atmosphere...I am already excited!! :)

DamY
17th June 2012, 09:12 PM
Yeah it looks like there'll be a massive crowd which is good! I saw games v Geelong used to be at ANZ, I don't see why they don't have it out there again. I know it lacks the intimacy of the SCG, but I think it'll be great to start having some big crowds especially as the team is traveling well this season.

DLBIA14
17th June 2012, 09:15 PM
Just on ticketing:

I was a bit late snagging tickets too, but I had a little play around the ticketek website and ended up with some nice seats. What I found was that with the single gold seats they sell them from the back of the bay to the front. When I first selected seats I was in row K bay 8. By taking the time to hold multiple seats under my account, I ended up at row D and also found a seat for the person I'm going with a few seats along in the same row and bay. :) If all goes to plan we're probably going to get to sit together anyway.

DamY
17th June 2012, 09:19 PM
Yeah people are generally open to swapping seats as long as the block of friends stay together.

neilfws
18th June 2012, 05:10 PM
Given that the only non-single seats left are restricted view Cat A & B (according to Ticketek), just thought I'd bump this thread in case anyone has an answer to "how bad is the view from restricted." Unbearable, or worth it if the only option?

Danzar
18th June 2012, 10:32 PM
Given that the only non-single seats left are restricted view Cat A & B (according to Ticketek), just thought I'd bump this thread in case anyone has an answer to "how bad is the view from restricted." Unbearable, or worth it if the only option?
No personal experience in every part of the ground but I think the restricted view is a matter of a lack of elevation rather that something blocking your view. Just recently I spent a half watching the footy with a friend down in Bay 17 redzone, about seven rows back and I'd call that restricted because there are spectators' heads in front of you where there should be the legs of players.

We just stood up briefly during the more epic moments (Syd/Adelaide a few rounds back) then sat straight back down again.

The SCG is flat.

Adelaide Swan
19th June 2012, 08:43 AM
I got the restricted view seats and mine are right at the very back of the Trumper Stand.

I haven't sat that far up before so I have no idea what the view will be like.

Furthest I sat at the SCG was towards the back of the Brewongle Stand for the St George Illawarra v Canterbury NRL game a couple of seasons ago.

BillyRayCypress
19th June 2012, 08:55 AM
Yeah people are generally open to swapping seats as long as the block of friends stay together.

Oh Lordy, sounds like one of those naughty parties. Wouldn't happen in Montana.

The restriction as some have said would be height most likely, so you won't see the ball when it gets up really high. I think it will add to the excitement, guessing where it comes down.

Perhaps there may be a pole in the way. Just tell them to go back to Warsaw or Krakow. A jar of salted pickles has always proved handy for me in luring one out of the way in the past.

Also comes in handy for throwing at annoying spectators who won't sit down in front of you. Taste OK as well with a cold beer.

ScottH
19th June 2012, 08:58 AM
Oh dear, sounds like one of those naughty parties. Wouldn't happen in Montana.

The restriction as some have said would be height most likely, so you won't see the ball when it gets up really high. I think it will add to the excitement, guessing where it comes down.

Perhaps there may be a pole in the way. Just tell them to go back to Warsaw or Krakow.

The MCG had seats like this with the old members stand.
While frustrating not being able to see the ball, it was interesting to see the players grouping underneath the fall of the ball, so you at least knew where it was likely to be in sight again.
Unless the players got it completely wrong, which has happened in the past.

jazzamcc
19th June 2012, 09:56 AM
I think the Restricted View would be because of both the roof above you, but also an obstructed view because of the O'Reilly Stand. You probably won't see the whole playing field. They do have TV's there at the back of the bays so you can see everything. That is if they have all of them on!

ugg
19th June 2012, 10:33 AM
I just bought restricted tickets for a friend SBAY311. Found it weird that the new stand would have restricted views?

ScottH
19th June 2012, 11:54 AM
I just bought restricted tickets for a friend SBAY311. Found it weird that the new stand would have restricted views?

Cranes??

Adelaide Swan
19th June 2012, 12:18 PM

I am in that one, haha.

jazzamcc
19th June 2012, 03:08 PM
If you're up towards the back, you're view is obstructed by the O'Reilly stand and the wall of the Trumper Stand, which is metal beams. Bay 310 has restricted views for sure, especailly from Row T back.

Dirtyburt
19th June 2012, 04:37 PM
Avoid these

http://img441.imageshack.us/img441/4024/block12qm0.jpg

BillyRayCypress
19th June 2012, 05:17 PM
Avoid these

http://img441.imageshack.us/img441/4024/block12qm0.jpg

I can see how you got your name. Not much leg room.

DamY
19th June 2012, 06:42 PM
Roll

Dirtyburt
19th June 2012, 06:56 PM
I can see how you got your name. Not much leg room.

Sure the legroom is limited, but the aircon is very effective