PDA

View Full Version : The life and times of Nick Davis

liz
22nd June 2012, 03:08 AM
Really good article in the Age today (from Caroline Wilson, no less) about the various activities of Nick Davis nowadays. Sounds like he's a busy boy. Some will be glad to read that goal kicking practice with Sammy Reid has been added to his roster.

Davis spreads the word for Swans (http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/davis-spreads-the-word-for-swans-20120621-20qvx.html)

aardvark
22nd June 2012, 08:16 AM
Terrific read. Its great to see Nick out and about with the boys.

giant
22nd June 2012, 08:26 AM
Always a character, nice to have him around the club.

Go Swannies
22nd June 2012, 10:14 AM
I thought Ted said Nicky D told him he'd never run so far in footy boots. Typically funny Nick comment. I love seeing him as our runner but I bet a few Cats won't enjoy the sight tonight - memories Scarlett?

caj23
22nd June 2012, 10:20 AM
He's only 32 - should be still playing really

What a shame as he was one of my favourites

Captain
22nd June 2012, 10:34 AM
Awesome that he is back at the club. Love the great man!

Plugger46
22nd June 2012, 12:55 PM
One of my all time favourites. Could seriously play on his day the great man.

Adelaide Swan
22nd June 2012, 01:05 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lsRE9bMwvd4

erica
22nd June 2012, 01:24 PM
I NEVER tire of that. That's why I love our Swans.

Chilcott
22nd June 2012, 01:49 PM
Seems like a top bloke to have around the club.

Funny that most people on here liked him as a player. I found him to be a very lazy and frustrating footballer.

He did get my forgiveness after that Geelong game.

Nico
22nd June 2012, 01:53 PM
Seems like a top bloke to have around the club.

Funny that most people on here liked him as a player. I found him to be a very lazy and frustrating footballer.

He did get my forgiveness after that Geelong game.

If they had passed the ball to him when he led 20/30 metres into the clear on numerous occasions, instead of being Hall-centric, he would have been hailed a superstar.

GongSwan
22nd June 2012, 02:09 PM
I wonder if the Geelong players will have heart attacks when they see him on the field tonight

Go Swannies
22nd June 2012, 02:43 PM
If they had passed the ball to him when he led 20/30 metres into the clear on numerous occasions, instead of being Hall-centric, he would have been hailed a superstar.

That's what Nick said Nico. Oh wait . . . Nicko D???

wolftone57
22nd June 2012, 03:04 PM
The players who were playing for Geelong in 2005 and are still on the list; Bartell, Byrnes (don't think he played though), Chapman, Corey, Enright, J. Hunt, Johnson, Kelly, Lonergan (on list), Mackie (not sure he played), Scarlett & Wojcinski.

So at most 11 players who are picked for tonight and possibly only 9 played in the match. I think to most of the Geelong players Nick is a legend but no more. But to Scarlett, Kelly, Corey & co he is very much a bogeyman.

Primmy
22nd June 2012, 03:59 PM
Had a leisurely lunch watching the last quarter of the game. Shoot it was good all round. Monty, Luke, Peb, Jude, Bally, Kirky, Schneider, they all ran themselves into the ground making sure Nic had a shot. Not so leisurely after all.

jono2707
22nd June 2012, 05:22 PM
I wonder if the Geelong players will have heart attacks when they see him on the field tonight

What's the penalty if a runner snatches the ball out of a pack and kicks truly from a tight angle tonight????

aardvark
22nd June 2012, 05:44 PM
What's the penalty if a runner snatches the ball out of a pack and kicks truly from a tight angle tonight????

Imagine the roar from the crowd....epic!!

GongSwan
22nd June 2012, 05:45 PM
Can u rookie list a 32 y o?

CureTheSane
22nd June 2012, 06:33 PM

Look at Dale Lewis :)

veramex
22nd June 2012, 07:26 PM
Swans website published an awesome 5 min recap of the 2005 semi today. I just love watching that over and over!

Sandridge
22nd June 2012, 09:40 PM
Thanks King Roosy for posting the Nick Davis final goal in the 2005 Semi. Have seen it 100s of times of course, but have NEVER heard the 3AW commentary of it. Those commentators should listen to Anthony Hudson's TV commentary of the final moments. His call was magnificent seeing he's a Cat supporter - no mention of robbery or tragedy like the 3AW guys call! I wonder if anyone in the media would have called it robbery or a tragedy if the Bombers had've got up against us a couple of weeks ago.

Xie Shan
6th November 2014, 07:17 PM
Relevant bump - Davo is now on Twitter, @DavisNick_2!

He just tweeted this:

Amazing arvo training with the Vanuatu U16 AFL team with @KurtTippett8 @sydneyswans @AFL #guns #canplay #goodluck

Nick Davis on Twitter: "Amazing arvo training with the Vanuatu U16 AFL team with @KurtTippett8 @sydneyswans @AFL #guns #canplay #goodluck http://t.co/qE1qqDHg8P" (https://twitter.com/DavisNick_2/status/530258857340063744)

YvonneH
4th March 2015, 08:18 AM
Jus saw Tadgh on SportsFan Clubhouse talking about how the Swans suspended Nick Davis for 6 weeks (didn't say for what) in 2005 and how well he then played in the final against Geelong.
Didn't remember him being suspended by the Swans, but my memory is not what it used to be and that was a long time ago (2005).

ScottH
4th March 2015, 08:42 AM
Jus saw Tadgh on SportsFan Clubhouse talking about how the Swans suspended Nick Davis for 6 weeks (didn't say for what) in 2005 and how well he then played in the final against Geelong.
Didn't remember him being suspended by the Swans, but my memory is not what it used to be and that was a long time ago (2005).

He played 23 games in 2005, so it must have been 2006 where he missed 6 games on the trot.

AFL Tables - Nick Davis - Stats - Statistics (http://afltables.com/afl/stats/players/N/Nick_Davis.html)

Plugger46
4th March 2015, 09:47 AM
The club never told us that. Roos just kept saying that he was out of form which annoyed so many of us at the time.

Significant blunder from Kennelly.

JPK12
4th March 2015, 10:01 AM
Umm i though it was obvious in 2006 there was issue with him and roos. And i thought it was common knowledge amongst swan fans that roosy dropped him because he got fat, became lazy and was more interested in partying, eating KFC and having a harem of girls than playing footy.

The excuses roosy gave was merely for the footy world.

Primmy
4th March 2015, 10:49 AM
And yet look at him now. Runner extraordinaire, never been leaner, having a ball. Amazing how life twists and turns.

GoSouth33
4th March 2015, 11:01 AM
It sure was a memorable night. Will never forget it. And BTW, look at the effect it had on the Cats. They picked up a few flags after that. Sure hope the disappointment of last year's granny will have a similar effect on our boys!

CureTheSane
4th March 2015, 11:44 AM
Umm i though it was obvious in 2006 there was issue with him and roos. And i thought it was common knowledge amongst swan fans that roosy dropped him because he got fat, became lazy and was more interested in partying, eating KFC and having a harem of girls than playing footy.

Of course everyone knew of the falling out.
You sound like you knew more details about it all. Can you confirm the actual reasons for any suspension of 6 weeks?

Plugger46
4th March 2015, 12:06 PM

Of course we all thought that. Whether we all agreed with it is another matter.

Irrespective of that, Kennelly taking credit (maybe not him personally but the club) for something that wasn't on public record and then getting the year wrong is laughable.

JPK12
4th March 2015, 12:11 PM
You sound like you knew more details about it all. Can you confirm the actual reasons for any suspension of 6 weeks?

Well your hearing is off.

CureTheSane
4th March 2015, 11:16 PM
Well your hearing is off.

Ummm, obviously

sharp9
5th March 2015, 06:22 AM

KENTUCKY FRIED CHICKEN

CureTheSane
5th March 2015, 03:18 PM
What is that?
Is it like KFC?