PDA

View Full Version : Who would you take?

swanspant12
26th June 2012, 01:08 AM
Ben Ried, Harry O'brien, Travis Cloke, Dayne Beams are all out of contract at the end of the year. Cloke's dad wants a 5 year deal but doesnt look likely in happening, which pies player would you take out of the lot if you could have one. Beams would be a really good outside mid for us but i think hell sign. Id love ben reid as he could potentially be our CHF, CHB versatile player and i certainly would love cloke, but only at the right price, think hes really overrated if they want 1 million for him.

BeeEmmAre
26th June 2012, 02:18 AM
I think Reid is the one. Get him up here with his brother. Could you imagine what Travis and David Cloke's attitude could do to us? We've got plenty in O'Brien's sweeping half back role, and while Beams is looking great (and I wouldn't knock him back), I think we have plenty of up and coming midfield talent there as well.
1. Reid; 2. Beams; 3. Cloke; 4 O'Brien.

DeadlyAkkuret
26th June 2012, 02:23 AM
Cloke, easily.

We have defenders, midfielders and halfbacks. Cloke and Sam could lead us to a flag.

GongSwan
26th June 2012, 03:23 AM
You can never have enough midfielders

DLBIA14
26th June 2012, 03:38 AM
A quality key forward is the missing piece in our list. However our back line is getting a little old tbh. Won't be too long before Shaw, Marty, Teddy leave and as of now we don't have the cattle to cover.

Reid would set us up for a long time and probably has the greatest incentive to come to our club in particular. Nevertheless any one of Cloke, Reid and Beams would cost an arm and a leg in terms of both their contract and the players we'd have to give up on the trade table.

If we don't get a big key forward I'd probably be happy if we continue our 'fringe-first grader' trade policy. We aren't sacrificing too much for a potential good gain that way. Suban or Silvagni from the Dockers seem to be possible good gets?

Bloody Hell
26th June 2012, 05:22 AM
Reid and Beams.

I think we'll be OK in the forward line with Reid, Rohan and Goodes for the next 3 years.

Beams is very under rated in that Collingwood midfield. Reid is a gun. The Swans backline has been a constant source of strength over the past 20 years and he would be a great asset, plus the Reid brothers factor.

linko
26th June 2012, 08:28 AM
Reid as key position back to free teddy up to play loose or up the ground even and as some guarantee for our aging backline. 2nd option would be beams as you can Never have enough midfield/half forward types IMO. 3rd, and unlucky for not 2nd, would be hob. He is a blood in another Colour, he would fit straight into our system and he is friend with the dalai llama so he would bring the spirituallity back in spades. A long distance 4th is cloke. Completely overated , can't kick straight and never has been able to. Is a complete collingwood feral. He would never leave Melbourne because he can't tie his own shoelaces. Do I need to go on?

stellation
26th June 2012, 08:53 AM
I think Reid is the one. Get him up here with his brother. Could you imagine what Travis and David Cloke's attitude could do to us? We've got plenty in O'Brien's sweeping half back role, and while Beams is looking great (and I wouldn't knock him back), I think we have plenty of up and coming midfield talent there as well.
1. Reid; 2. Beams; 3. Cloke; 4 O'Brien.
Nailed it, I'd do the same.

Travis is a very talented player, and it'd be pretty exciting to have the combined contested marking of Sam and Trav playing on the SCG for 10 games a year- but he just screams of "too expensive, not worth the headache".

ernie koala
26th June 2012, 09:12 AM
Certainly no interest in O'Brien.
Couldn't bare another Swan poncing around with the Dalai Lama.

BillyRayCypress
26th June 2012, 10:25 AM
Certainly no interest in O'Brien.
Couldn't bare another Swan poncing around with the Dalai Lama.

Was that bare or bear, Ernie Koala ??????

Cloke for me. It would be like thrusting a dagger into the magpie army.

Primmy
26th June 2012, 11:04 AM
Cloke for me. It would be like thrusting a dagger into the magpie army.Good point. Although I would go for Sidebottom. Gets goals, is getting better and better, v good player and younger + cheaper than Cloak, with little attitude issues.

Red
26th June 2012, 11:11 AM
Zero-hesitation answer: Ben Reid.

A Swans spine with the two Reid boys in it is a truly tantalising prospect. And you know Ben's parents would be cool with it.

I hold out hope that the pressure to retain Cloke will force the Pies to release a big name player (like Ben (to us)). But Big Ben is an AA key position defender, and still only 23! I suspect he'd be the last of that group the Pies would let go, including Cloke.

Supplementary question: As well as who you'd take from that list, who would you give up from ours? And be reasonable :)
For Ben Reid, I'd give them Seaby & a high draft pick.

msb
26th June 2012, 11:16 AM
Cloke in a heartbeat.....he would straight away fix the forward line issues whilst reid continues to develop and make us a very strong premiership contender. Goodsey will not be around forever either unfortuneately. Harry O is very overrated IMO and our defence is ok. Beams is just another mid so I think we are ok in this area especially with the likes of tom mitchell to come.

Swansongster
26th June 2012, 12:26 PM
Ben Ried, Harry O'brien, Travis Cloke, Dayne Beams are all out of contract at the end of the year. Cloke's dad wants a 5 year deal but doesnt look likely in happening, which pies player would you take out of the lot if you could have one. Beams would be a really good outside mid for us but i think hell sign. Id love ben reid as he could potentially be our CHF, CHB versatile player and i certainly would love cloke, but only at the right price, think hes really overrated if they want 1 million for him.

I saw that list and the ensuing discussion on OTC last night and immediately thought that Reid would be the best of that lot for us for both feel-good and performance reasons. He seems to fall within the no-dickheads policy, is a great long-term prospect and is unlikely to get what he is worth from Collingwood considering its current plight.

Any insight as to what other players from other clubs are off-contract or free agents that the recruitment team might be considering? We've been really good at this part of the business for a few years now. I'd love to know what moves might be made by the Swans.

swanspant12
26th June 2012, 12:29 PM
I was watching footy classified last night and they mentioned that beams right now on the market would be a 400,000 to 500,000 dollar player. If the cloke offer remains then they cannot afford to pay beams his market price, and they would have to lose one of Reid, Beams, O'brien, or cloke. Collingwood have a pretty strong culture and they always find a way to put all their players and fit them on contracts so not even one of those players might leave. I would absolutely love Reid, brother of sammy and could fill our future CHB void. Beams would give us more outside run but with rohan coming back next year i dont think well need another outside type along with jetts.

johnno
26th June 2012, 12:30 PM
Anyone except O'Brien.

swanspant12
26th June 2012, 12:32 PM
We HAVE to draft a key forward and key CHB this year. An absolute must IMO.

swanspant12
26th June 2012, 12:34 PM
Anyone except O'Brien.

yeah, wouldnt want obrien. Dud.

Rod_
26th June 2012, 01:24 PM
Key forwards are hard to get and our backline is working well atm.. Cloke, Reid then a coin toss..

Rod_

Ludwig
26th June 2012, 03:00 PM
It's worth noting that Ben Reid started his career as a forward. Funny how the Reid brothers' roles have reversed. I would think that Ben could go back to the forward line now that he's built his body up and confidence as well. A Reid brothers forward line at the Swans would be interesting. Maybe he would come over for the same contract as Sam.

I think we are set for tall backs well into the future with Brown, Lockyer and Cambo all looking likely prospects. Richards is just hitting top form and Grundy is still relatively young. I think the three above mentioned youngsters could all be vying for senior spots next year and one (or Alex Johnson) might need to switch to the forward line.

Nico
26th June 2012, 03:22 PM
Beams at a heartbeat.

Reid is injured a lot. You would have to deal with Cloke's old man and we already have a forward with a 5 year contract. Harry O'Brien is as loose as Granny's teeth, but has good rebound quality - second choice.

Beerman
26th June 2012, 04:49 PM
Cloke and Sam Reid in our forward line? Combine those two and get Jetta back into habit of kicking points and we could be the first team to kick 50 behinds in a game.

I would think that as a key forward, Cloke is the player we need the most out of those listed though. Not sure how Ben Reid would go up front.

grarmy
26th June 2012, 07:46 PM
Zero-hesitation answer:

Supplementary question:
For Ben Reid, I'd give them Seaby & a high draft pick.

Seaby is at the end of his AFL career. I doubt he will get another game with the Swans let alone another AFL side.

Red
27th June 2012, 02:04 AM
Seaby is at the end of his AFL career. I doubt he will get another game with the Swans let alone another AFL side.

We're getting a little off-topic here, but Seaby is only 28 and will play seniors again if Mummy goes down. And he was recruited by the Swans, after all.

Doctor
27th June 2012, 12:47 PM
As good a player as Beams is, the thought of him being in red and white disturbs me no end. I'd go with Cloke then Reid.

GongSwan
27th June 2012, 02:14 PM
Has Beams been one for teh trouble pages?

wolftone57
27th June 2012, 06:52 PM
I like Reid or Beames. Cloke is not going to come to the Swans. He will probably end up at GWS, Suns or Brisbane. Those sides have plenty of room in the cap and two of them have extra cash.

Wazza
27th June 2012, 07:00 PM
Beames, then Beams and add Beams, Ben Reid is made of Plasticine, Cloke is too exspensive and Harry is um Harry.

Cheers

Waz

Nico
27th June 2012, 08:45 PM
Russell Barwick on SEN this afternoon (their Sydney correspondent) said the rumour of Ben Reid coming to Sydney is growing legs in the light of the Cloke saga and now Beams being pumped up.

bandwagon
27th June 2012, 08:55 PM
I think we are set for tall backs well into the future with Brown, Lockyer and Cambo ....

I'm not so confident. Campbell has already been delisted (to the rookies) and the other 2 are in their first year. No guarantees there.

GongSwan
27th June 2012, 10:56 PM
I imagine Reid's parents would be easily talked into Ben coming to Sydney. Could we play him forward? Or move Reg or AJ? Just until someone retires

DA_Swan
28th June 2012, 03:00 PM
If we are talking about improving our side - Reid if he stays fit is huge upside - he is after all an All Australian last year - we don't have many of them and maybe its time we get over the recycle tag and recruit in the knowledge that we know he can play rather that hold our breath at what we have traded for - we have done recycling well but how about making a statement because free agency is not going to be our friend or the mob out west in years to come.

Dosser
28th June 2012, 03:21 PM
I just hope that Melbourne and Fremantle go big time for Cloke and drive his price up. Cloke will never leave Collingwood and they will never let him go. Ever. However, the more he costs them, and the more Beams is commanding, then the higher the possibility of someone like Reid not fitting into their cap.
I dont want Harry 'I have a chair I sit in when I think' O'Brien, and I think Beams' performance will start to fall off due to ink poisoning any day now. That leaves Ben Reid for mine - I would be happy with that. Mind you, we still need a key forward...

Lucky Knickers
28th June 2012, 04:58 PM
Well be giving up something we don't like for them. Would love Ben. Last time we had brothers on our list and playing seniors. Morwoods?

satchmopugdog
28th June 2012, 06:01 PM
Cloke and Beams disturb me....I don't know why...they just seem to be very dumb human beings but probably smart footballers or just big in Cloke's case. I would take Reid and O'Brien as they seem to be reasonable human beings in the Schauble/Richards type mould...this is completely subjective and just going by my gut not by what the team list needs etc. I'm all for the Mr.Nice Guys..

GongSwan
28th June 2012, 06:03 PM
The Ox reckons Cloke has signed with the pies on SEN

Auntie.Gerald
28th June 2012, 06:06 PM
Reid
Reid
Reid
Reid
Reid

oh and I reckon Ben Reid would be the ideal pick !!

Come on Sammy..........tell Ben how good the sydney beaches are baby !!

Wazza
29th June 2012, 07:26 PM
Reid
Reid
Reid
Reid
Reid

oh and I reckon Ben Reid would be the ideal pick !!

Come on Sammy..........tell Ben how good the sydney beaches are baby !!

How many games missed to injury in last 2 seasons?

Cheers

Waz

GongSwan
29th June 2012, 07:49 PM
Hard running midfielder

wolftone57
30th June 2012, 11:01 AM
I'm not so confident. Campbell has already been delisted (to the rookies) and the other 2 are in their first year. No guarantees there.

Come over and watch a Two's match. I know the comp is not that great but sometimes certain players, even in a weak comp, show something special. Brown & Lockyer are both special! They have that certain quality that makes an AFL player. I think it is called poise! They along with Shane Biggs are superb kicks and strong overhead. They all pick the right options and seem to have so much time at this level and are never harassed. In an AFL game that would be different but I believe once these lads picked up the pace their skills would win out.

GongSwan
1st July 2012, 12:18 AM
A Bex and a good lie down? We don't want Eddie declaring war on us if we poach one of his babies

BSA5
1st July 2012, 01:10 AM
We won't get Cloke. We're a very real chance of securing Reid. Cloke is chasing a 5 year deal, but has said that he hasn't offered an ultimatum. To me, that suggests a higher-paying 4 year deal is a possibility, which would increase the salary cap pressure, potentially squeezing out Reid.

BeeEmmAre
1st July 2012, 01:11 AM
A Bex and a good lie down? We don't want Eddie declaring war on us if we poach one of his babies

We already gave him a premiership ruckman. Bring it, bitch.

jono2707
1st July 2012, 09:37 AM

That's the way - we are gonna own the Pies real soon, and I'm gonna love hearing Eddie squeal like a stuck pig when he loses a few off his precious boys too ........

royboy42
1st July 2012, 03:37 PM
Bit off topic but isn't Eddie a mug! Threatening to hammer Freo if they pinch Cloke, and regardless of what the Freo pres said, he DID mean it. As if teams recruit out of vengeance...he's a big schoolyard bully who never grew up..all bluster!

GongSwan
1st July 2012, 05:53 PM

:rofl:clap:

Sidney V
1st July 2012, 07:49 PM
Careful about raiding Collingwood !!! - Eddy said he would declare "war" on Freo if they went near Cloke (apparently Freo are said to have offered him $1m py - stating that with the salary cap relief that would give, Collingwood would target every 22 & 23 yo player on there list.

DamY
2nd July 2012, 12:37 AM
Eddie Maguire is an arrogant bully with too much money and power.

swanspant12
2nd July 2012, 12:55 AM
Eddie Mcguire talks so much s***. He thinks hes gonna declare war does he? So your gonna declare war on which of our players Mr. Mcguire? Fairly sure you can't just trade players magically, give players more money magically, and take players off teams magically. What an insipid arrogant fool he has made himself since his fat head exploded when collingscum won the grand final.

Red
2nd July 2012, 02:44 PM
What an insipid arrogant fool he has made himself since his fat head exploded when collingscum won the grand final.
He was an insipid arrogant fool (among other things) well before they won the flag.

Maybe worse, in many ways. His failure as Ch9 boss probably helped pull his head in a little, but it's well and truly reared back out now.

Dosser
2nd July 2012, 02:55 PM
He was an insipid arrogant fool (among other things) well before they won the flag.

Maybe worse, in many ways. His failure as Ch9 boss probably helped pull his head in a little, but it's well and truly reared back out now.

My favourite piece of TV footage (after Leo's mark) is of a young Plugger throwing his crutch at Eddie when he was a cub reporter.

Old Royboy
2nd July 2012, 08:23 PM
Picking the right one needs to be based on more than talent. Talented - all four. No Dickhead? Wants to come to Sydney? No brainer - Ben Reid!

DA_Swan
2nd July 2012, 11:40 PM
If it was going to happen Ben Reid would be the player I would pick - who and what we give up would be the tougher question - given we rarely do well with our first round picks that would be a no brainer - might well be two picks as I don't think we have a player that realistically we would want to give up that would improve their list - so hopefully picks will do

BillyRayCypress
2nd July 2012, 11:59 PM
If it was going to happen Ben Reid would be the player I would pick - who and what we give up would be the tougher question - given we rarely do well with our first round picks that would be a no brainer - might well be two picks as I don't think we have a player that realistically we would want to give up that would improve their list - so hopefully picks will do

Trading Rhys back now he has a beard might work. They might not recognise him.

Probably second round pick would do for Reid. Remind them of Wolly trade . I mean Jolly.

Swansongster
3rd July 2012, 12:01 PM
My favourite piece of TV footage (after Leo's mark) is of a young Plugger throwing his crutch at Eddie when he was a cub reporter.

I don't remember that one Plugger v Eddie) so curiosity has struck. Do you know if there is an upload of it on Youtube?

As much as Leaping's moment is magical and arguably of the highest value, I still can't go past Nick Davis's 4th two games prior as my fave.

:smile:

Dosser
3rd July 2012, 01:15 PM
I don't remember that one Plugger v Eddie) so curiosity has struck. Do you know if there is an upload of it on Youtube?

As much as Leaping's moment is magical and arguably of the highest value, I still can't go past Nick Davis's 4th two games prior as my fave.

:smile:

Good question - I'm not sure where it can be found, and Eddie has probably had it removed wherever possible.

The footage was of a very young Plugger at St Kilda. He was being hassled by reporters while he was on crutches (coming out of hospital/clinic/club room?) and he ended up throwing it at the most irritating one - a young Eddie Maguire.

Man, I hope it can be uncovered!

aardvark
3rd July 2012, 04:48 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v-R-8Nl6X68

Check 1.51 minutes in. Is this it? Or did he throw crutches regularly?

Swansongster
3rd July 2012, 05:42 PM
Excellent get aardvark (although I didn't see Eddie).

Dosser
3rd July 2012, 05:47 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v-R-8Nl6X68

Check 1.51 minutes in. Is this it? Or did he throw crutches regularly?

Pretty sure this was one of them. I seem to remember a still shot from another angle outside as well that actually showed Eddie. Maybe it is my memory playing tricks, but it was definitely from this incident and it was Eddie who was being thrown at.

aardvark
3rd July 2012, 10:35 PM
My recollection is that Eddie was a target too. Surely he didn't do it twice?

BillyRayCypress
3rd July 2012, 11:04 PM
My recollection is that Eddie was a target too. Surely he didn't do it twice?

That is the footage but they have cut a few seconds off it. Eddie came in through the door and Plugger threw the crutch and in the process fell over himself. You can see that bit in the extended footage.

He never hit Eddie and only threw it at him or anyone else once.

Although from memory there was a bit of "caveat emptor" with the sale of some four legged friends.

royboy42
4th July 2012, 12:22 PM
Wasn't Plugger coming out of an unsuccessful trip to the tribunal when he threw the crutches?

Cpt. Kirk
4th July 2012, 03:05 PM
Eddie McGuire declares war on North Korea | The Daily Maggot (http://thedailymaggot.com/?p=2274)

Does Sydney want to be next?

Dirtyburt
7th July 2012, 12:27 AM
I will take Jessica alba, you lot can have cloke, Reid, Harry o, beams or all four. I will be too busy to care

grarmy
7th July 2012, 01:07 AM
Wasn't Plugger coming out of an unsuccessful trip to the tribunal when he threw the crutches?

No. He had injured his leg and was in the doctor's surgery with his dad. Eddie was part of a media pack hunting a story and they had snuck into an unlocked door. Plugger simply let fly at the pack.

aardvark
7th July 2012, 04:00 PM
I will take Jessica alba, you lot can have cloke, Reid, Harry o, beams or all four. I will be too busy to care

You're starting to sound a bit like BIG AL there DB..........

swanspant12
11th July 2012, 12:09 AM
Cloke is staying at collingwood..tigers were prepared to offer $3.75 million over 5 years, but that was way short..he will get that money over four years with the maggies.

Swansongster
18th July 2012, 11:12 PM
I saw something in The Age today about Beams signing for $1.1 million over three seasons and most mail would indicate that Cloke is staying. Is there any room left in Pies' cap for Reid? Would he come to Sydney if the opportunity arose? Do we want him?

I'd be for it. He could well be another one of those great trades we've been doing for years.

Dirtyburt
18th July 2012, 11:35 PM
I saw something in The Age today about Beams signing for $1.1 million over three seasons and most mail would indicate that Cloke is staying. Is there any room left in Pies' cap for Reid? Would he come to Sydney if the opportunity arose? Do we want him?

I'd be for it. He could well be another one of those great trades we've been doing for years.

Welcome Ben, cya next season

boroboy
19th July 2012, 07:36 PM
There's been some serious discussions at the Swans about getting Ben Reid-this has legs. Sam is constantly in his ear about coming up and by all accounts he isn't ruling out the possibility. The Pies will want something very good in return though....

Melbourne_Blood
19th July 2012, 07:41 PM
Is that the word around town boro or do you have a man on the inside ?

boroboy
19th July 2012, 08:07 PM
Straight from a current players mouth...

Melbourne_Blood
19th July 2012, 08:25 PM
Damn, nice connections. You've got me all excited now.

mcs
20th July 2012, 12:08 AM
Get him here is all I can say - would be wonderful to have the Reid boys at either end as the lynchpins of our team :)

Ruck'n'Roll
20th July 2012, 09:29 AM
Reid V' Cloke
Reid would be considered the better option, younger, family connection, appears to score higher on the "dick-head'o'meter!" But, we have 4 tall defenders already, whereas our foward line looks fragile aand a behemoth like Cloke would make it impossible for any side to double-team Sam.

RogueSwan
20th July 2012, 10:45 AM
There's been some serious discussions at the Swans about getting Ben Reid-this has legs. Sam is constantly in his ear about coming up and by all accounts he isn't ruling out the possibility. The Pies will want something very good in return though....

Seeya Jesse??

... But, we have 4 tall defenders already, whereas our foward line looks fragile aand a behemoth like Cloke would make it impossible for any side to double-team Sam.

We could then turn Reg into a Leppitsch type. Swing him forward when possible to out size their defenders.

Swansongster
20th July 2012, 12:03 PM
Damn, nice connections. You've got me all excited now.

Me too (about getting Reid). What they would want in return is the worry. Although with their cap issues, maybe they need some lower paid draftees or rookies with potential on their list.

Maybe a first round draft pick and one of our fringe players (Lamb, Meredith etc.). Or could we offer a like-for-like trade for a lower paid defender (Johnson? plus a draft pick).

It's all a bit harsh. There might be a player request to relocate. Who knows? History would indicate that we can have faith in whatever the recruitment team devise as our trade/draft strategy.

Swansongster
20th July 2012, 12:09 PM
Me too (about getting Reid). What they would want in return is the worry. Although with their cap issues, maybe they need some lower paid draftees or rookies with potential on their list.

Maybe a first round draft pick and one of our fringe players (Lamb, Meredith etc.). Or could we offer a like-for-like trade for a lower paid defender (Johnson? plus a draft pick).

It's all a bit harsh. There might be a player request to relocate. Who knows? History would indicate that we can have faith in whatever the recruitment team devise as our trade/draft strategy.

Further to the comment above. Note that I would not want to trade Johnson. He is potentially a 300-gamer for us. Just speculating.

Ruck'n'Roll
20th July 2012, 12:15 PM
History would indicate that we can have faith in whatever the recruitment team devise as our trade/draft strategy.
Quite right, we usually recruit from other clubs to fill specific needs, the tall defender cupboard isn't exactly bare. Which would put them into a tricky position if Reid asked to fly north.
Both brothers had a bad case of the goalkicking yips, Collingwoods response was to send him down back, perhaps we could try to cure Ben as well as Sam.
Perhaps they could get some sponsorship money from the government literacry programme to get Ben to the Swans. I can just see a series of adds with Horse explaining how important it is to read. TGIF

jono2707
20th July 2012, 01:57 PM
I don't want us to trade anyone - draft picks if needs be, but not players. Unless someone on the fringe wants out, I wouldnt want to see anyone leave with our future looking so bright. As noted above Collingwood probably can't afford any more decently paid players anyway, so they won't be in much of a position to bargain if Reid does look like joining his brother here.

Anyway, who would want to leave us for some second rate, interstate club???

BSA5
20th July 2012, 03:07 PM
I don't want us to trade anyone - draft picks if needs be, but not players. Unless someone on the fringe wants out, I wouldnt want to see anyone leave with our future looking so bright. As noted above Collingwood probably can't afford any more decently paid players anyway, so they won't be in much of a position to bargain if Reid does look like joining his brother here.

Anyway, who would want to leave us for some second rate, interstate club???

We would probably have to give Collingwood our first and second round picks, and Collingwood might not even go for that. We could try to engineer a three-way trade maybe, in which we get a better pick by trading somebody on our list. Maybe trade a fringe player somewhere for an upgrade of our first rounder. That's just how it's going to be, we don't want to see Ben walk into the PSD, because unless we're willing to pay more than just about any other team in the competition, somebody else will snaffle him up.

DamY
24th July 2012, 02:12 AM
Reid it and weep, Travis (http://www.smh.com.au/afl/afl-news/reid-it-and-weep-travis-20120723-22koy.html)

Doesn't look like we'll be having a look in

barry
24th July 2012, 09:24 AM
I'd play Reid in the forward line as a replacement for Goodes. One Reid to FF, One to CHF. The mighty Reid twin towers.

Swansongster
27th July 2012, 11:21 AM
It would seem that Reid is out of the question for now. I think it was on AFL 360 earlier this week (not sure) where they were discussing Brendan Goddard's form and future. During this discussion they showed a few emails from viewers which included some dude claiming that Goddard was off to Sydney at season's end.

No idea about the veracity of the claim but I would be interested what people think of the possibility.

Goddard, on his day, can be a dominant tall target and a pinch-hitting ruckman.

Do you think the recruitment team would be interested? How would he go in red and white?

longmile
27th July 2012, 11:43 AM
I'd go Cloke even though it is impossible to happen. A good full forward is the one thing our team is missing.

Mr Magoo
27th July 2012, 03:05 PM
It would seem that Reid is out of the question for now. I think it was on AFL 360 earlier this week (not sure) where they were discussing Brendan Goddard's form and future. During this discussion they showed a few emails from viewers which included some dude claiming that Goddard was off to Sydney at season's end.

No idea about the veracity of the claim but I would be interested what people think of the possibility.

Do you think the recruitment team would be interested? How would he go in red and white?

He may be off to Sydney but it may be of the GWS kind. Is Goddard a free agent? Id take him in a flash

GongSwan
27th July 2012, 03:46 PM
He may be off to Sydney but it may be of the GWS kind. Is Goddard a free agent? Id take him in a flash

I don't even know what actual position Goddard is playing, I was wondering who we would shift out of the team for him and that was where I ended

Dirtyburt
27th July 2012, 04:15 PM

I don't recall Goddard ever pinch hitting in the ruck? Not saying it has never happened, especially with their ruck woes thus year. I just don't ever remember it. Kosi, yes, but not Goddard.

Ruck'n'Roll
27th July 2012, 04:40 PM
I don't recall Goddard ever pinch hitting in the ruck? Not saying it has never happened, especially with their ruck woes thus year. I just don't ever remember it. Kosi, yes, but not Goddard.
Nor I, perhaps he means 3rd man up?