PDA

View Full Version : Simon Buckley

Auntie.Gerald
17th August 2012, 12:24 AM
worried about Marty and Shaw getting older and looking for that depth of HBF and or rotating thru midfield and I thought Simon (collingwood) would be worth a trade....... or better still you would guess at 25yrs of age he may qualify to move on via electing for the draft ?

my gut feeling is he could rise up and play a good role for us

http://www.collingwoodfc.com.au/players/playerprofile/simonbuckley/tabid/8170/playerid/21575/category/senior/season/2012/selected/bio/default.aspx

wolftone57
17th August 2012, 01:51 AM
We don't need him with Heath & Lynch in the Resies. They are a good look for a posie in the Seniors on the back flank. That and Tony Armstrong.

swanspant12
17th August 2012, 11:56 AM
No No No No No. Absolute turnover merchant. Got delisted from melbourne which says enough. Havent you seen him play? He is absolutely horrible.

Plugger1300
17th August 2012, 12:01 PM
Agree with both above posts but like you're thinking Auntie.
Just not sure Buckley is a player we want - Skills wise not up to par

BillyRayCypress
17th August 2012, 12:13 PM
Buckleys chance of coming to the Swans.

jono2707
17th August 2012, 01:05 PM
Anyone got any other names to throw up on who we might target? I think we'll be relatively quiet during trade period this year unless a key forward can be snared. Otherwise I'd expect next years newbies to come thru the draft and could include 1 or 2 mature-aged VFL/WAFL/SANFL players.....

wolftone57
17th August 2012, 01:39 PM
I forgot to mention Jordan Lockyer, Alex Brown & Brett Meredith has been playing on the back flank and back pocket lately. Lackyer & Brown are really cool customers in a crisis. They both have really good delivery and both are very good in a pack marking situation. I would back Lockyer any day in the air, he is very balanced and has a ready made body for AFL. Brown is wirey and boney, a Michael Tuck look in body with a good pair of hands.

Swansongster
17th August 2012, 01:43 PM
Anyone got any other names to throw up on who we might target? I think we'll be relatively quiet during trade period this year unless a key forward can be snared. Otherwise I'd expect next years newbies to come thru the draft and could include 1 or 2 mature-aged VFL/WAFL/SANFL players.....

I wouldn't be surprised if we have a crack at an established forward in some form or manner. Reid is going to be a star, no doubts, but we really need a Capper, Plugger or Bazza to harness a fickle fan base (RWO and many other stalwarts aside) and provide a juggernaut-ish target en-route to goal.

I don't know who is, or if any are, available but I expect that this is where strategies are being focussed. It may involve trading someone dear to us to get the job done but it has to be on the cards.

Can anybody think of any likely, or even speculative, scenarios that might lead to such an outcome? Or am I just plain wrong?

Velour&Ruffles
17th August 2012, 09:24 PM
worried about Marty and Shaw getting older and looking for that depth of HBF and or rotating thru midfield and I thought Simon (collingwood) would be worth a trade....... or better still you would guess at 25yrs of age he may qualify to move on via electing for the draft ?

my gut feeling is he could rise up and play a good role for us

http://www.collingwoodfc.com.au/players/playerprofile/simonbuckley/tabid/8170/playerid/21575/category/senior/season/2012/selected/bio/default.aspx

And my gut feeling is that he is a useless hack who has no place on our list.

Dirtyburt
17th August 2012, 09:33 PM
And my gut feeling is that he is a useless hack who has no place on our list.

My gut has no feelings, it's tough as

BillyRayCypress
17th August 2012, 10:14 PM
Lots of people feeling their guts tonight. :fat:

Auntie.Gerald
17th August 2012, 11:13 PM
hack maybe among

Reid, Obrien, Tarrant, Maxwell, Shaw, Toovey, clarke, Brown amongst others in the backline for the might Pies in 2012 and Buckley still has achieved 13 games in the Seniors this year !

the big question is would Alex Johnson be in the starting six at the Pies ahead of any of the 8 players above?

yet Buckley plays 13 games for the Pies in 2012 ?

hack !

wolftone57
17th August 2012, 11:17 PM
hack maybe among

Reid, Obrien, Tarrant, Maxwell, Shaw, Toovey, clarke, Brown amongst others in the backline for the might Pies in 2012 and Buckley still has achieved 13 games in the Seniors this year !

the big question is would Alex Johnson be in the starting six at the Pies ahead of any of the 8 players above?

hack !

I still think he would be surplus to our list. I would love Reid to come up here to play with his brother. Look how good he was against us last week. He was their best in the back half by far and normally that is Maxwell. Forget Buckley we need a tall not a medium. We have plenty of the medium and small backs and we will no doubt draft a few juniors to bolster the numbers. But to take Buckley? Will he come? Does he want to move? Is he contracted? What has he got that we want? Is he a quick back? I mean really quick, I haven't seen that so far. Armstrong while not quite as quick is a very good kick and I think that is where he has it over Buckley who can be a bit erratic.

Auntie.Gerald
17th August 2012, 11:21 PM
agree re Reid

that would be peaches and cream !

I watched that game closely (live and on replay) and I thought Maxwell had a blinder also

Dirtyburt
17th August 2012, 11:24 PM
hack maybe among

hack !
Yes, Clarke out by a country mile.
Btw you could argue toovey. Brown & Reid play similar roles which are not comparable to AJ. Taz is also in that mix.

wolftone57
17th August 2012, 11:32 PM
agree re Reid

that would be peaches and cream !

I watched that game closely (live and on replay) and I thought Maxwell had a blinder also

Yes Maxwell was very good but Reid was Gold!!! I loved his game and the way he moved now he is injury free. Horrible to think we are probably going to have to come up against them again. They are a very good team defensively but I think they are suspect in attack.

wolftone57
17th August 2012, 11:35 PM
Yes, Clarke out by a country mile.
Btw you could argue toovey. Brown & Reid play similar roles which are not comparable to AJ. Taz is also in that mix.

I think AJ would walk into any AFL side. The Collingwood players have their moments too. I remember when Heath Shaw was having a bad trot and he couldn't run past a pedestrian without being caught. It is a matter of perspective.

Dirtyburt
17th August 2012, 11:39 PM
The Collingwood players have their moments too.
What you do in your own time is your own business.

wolftone57
17th August 2012, 11:56 PM
What you do in your own time is your own business.

Very funny Burt. I have never met the Collingwood players in person, I don't know about you :smile:.