PDA

View Full Version : St Kilda - Away - in New Zealand

CJK
12th September 2012, 03:41 PM
Not sure if want...

http://www.afl.com.au/news/newsarticle/tabid/208/newsid/147501/default.aspx

We better be getting paid in full for this.

TPR4
12th September 2012, 03:45 PM
Reckon it's a great idea. Gives us great exposure as a club on one of the biggest days of the year. Won't be the finals-like atmosphere that the Ess-Pies game brings but certainly a different environment. I'm sure we'll get a longer recovery, though it's probably not a lot further than a Perth trip. Saints home game but hopefully we get some of the cash it will bring.

12th September 2012, 03:49 PM
3 hours 15 minutes so nearly two hours shorter than going to Perth.

You'd want a good break and to be playing a minnow at home the next week though.

I'm thinking I may go as I've got a Qantas return to anywhere in Aust/NZ compensation flight from last years strike. Be a good way to use it I reckon.

TPR4
12th September 2012, 03:52 PM
3 hours 15 minutes so nearly two hours shorter than going to Perth.

Well there you go. Makes it an even better idea.

Kirkari
12th September 2012, 03:58 PM
Can't wait! All my NZ nephews already have junior memberships and are teaching their friends the song. They're little fellas and sometimes get a bit confused and tell people I play for the Swans, but whatever...

The Caketin in Wellington is an AWESOME ground for atmosphere, and 10 mins walk from the waterfront pubs and restaurants. Built for Rugby 7s really, do not sure what viewing will be like for AFL but I guess we'll find out.

mcs
12th September 2012, 04:17 PM
Can't wait! All my NZ nephews already have junior memberships and are teaching their friends the song. They're little fellas and sometimes get a bit confused and tell people I play for the Swans, but whatever...

The Caketin in Wellington is an AWESOME ground for atmosphere, and 10 mins walk from the waterfront pubs and restaurants. Built for Rugby 7s really, do not sure what viewing will be like for AFL but I guess we'll find out.

I like it as an idea but can't see it drawing a big crowd.... Kiwis are going to go "WTF is that" I think. I certainly am up for the trip however, would be a lot of fun... as long as I can convince the other half :p (but I think I will, as we could make it a 8-9 odd day holiday but only needing to take 4 days off work to do it!)

Only thing I hope it doesn't affect is the number of games in Melbourne for the Swans.

Kirkari
12th September 2012, 04:27 PM
I like it as an idea but can't see it drawing a big crowd.... Kiwis are going to go "WTF is that" I think. I certainly am up for the trip however, would be a lot of fun... as long as I can convince the other half :p (but I think I will, as we could make it a 8-9 odd day holiday but only needing to take 4 days off work to do it!)

Only thing I hope it doesn't affect is the number of games in Melbourne for the Swans.

It's a Saints home game, so I'm sure it will affect our number of games in Melbourne - but only at Etihad.

And you make a good point, but Kiwis are all for a bit of sport of any kind as long as the bar's open and tickets aren't too expensive. Plus it's on a public holiday, and they don't have 2-Up...

BeeEmmAre
12th September 2012, 04:37 PM
Hopefully it replaces the trip to Geelong!
Might be planning a trip to the land of the long white cloud!

mcs
12th September 2012, 04:40 PM
It's a Saints home game, so I'm sure it will affect our number of games in Melbourne - but only at Etihad.

And you make a good point, but Kiwis are all for a bit of sport of any kind as long as the bar's open and tickets aren't too expensive. Plus it's on a public holiday, and they don't have 2-Up...

Hopefully if we play Hawthorn away, it will be back in Melbourne rather than Launceston next season, so the overall quantam of games is unchanged.

And just looking at the article on the swans website - it says the club has again requested 6 away games in Melbourne, as many as this year.

Triple B
12th September 2012, 04:42 PM
Hopefully if we play Hawthorn away, it will be back in Melbourne rather than Launceston next season, so the overall quantam of games is unchanged.

I guess it's not guaranteed, but if we meet in the GF this year, you'd think they would want to maximise attendance by playing us at the MCG.

magic.merkin
12th September 2012, 04:58 PM
Launceston and Auckland... one or none but not both!

2 month gaps off footy down here makes homer something something...

Swansongster
12th September 2012, 05:05 PM
I guess it's not guaranteed, but if we meet in the GF this year, you'd think they would want to maximise attendance by playing us at the MCG.

If we meet Hawthorn in the 2012 Grand Final the rematch next year will be a pin-up fixture. Based on this year's crowd for R22, I would suggest the SCG would get a one-off and if there is a 2nd game between the two it would be at the MCG. Mere speculation of course.

Back on topic. I think a Wellington game is a great move for the game and the Swans. After the Grand Final I will start earning the brownie points required to get me there.

barry
12th September 2012, 05:16 PM
Massive ground. About 30m longer and 20m wider than the MCG. Even makes subiaco look small.

Dosser
12th September 2012, 05:51 PM
If we meet Hawthorn in the 2012 Grand Final the rematch next year will be a pin-up fixture. Based on this year's crowd for R22, I would suggest the SCG would get a one-off and if there is a 2nd game between the two it would be at the MCG. Mere speculation of course.

Should be a good rematch with the Hawks out for revenge.

DST
12th September 2012, 05:59 PM

It won't affect the Melbourne games as we are gauranteed by the AFL to have at least 5 games in Melbourne in order for the club to be able to sell the memberships with Grand Final access etc.

It may mean the end of the 6th game at Simmonds Stadium in Geelong, but in reality this game can only be attended by a few so it was really an add anyway for the vast majority of swans melbourne based members.

DST

conradhc
12th September 2012, 06:18 PM
I'm thinking I may go as I've got a Qantas return to anywhere in Aust/NZ compensation flight from last years strike. Be a good way to use it I reckon.

I used mine for Perth. Hoping enough Frequent Flyer points to help with going to NZ.

lwjoyner
12th September 2012, 06:25 PM
Looks like Vic supporters loose again. Geelong game a joke cant get in anyway with all those feral cats. Seems that you Sydney siders like the idea its ok for you, you get your home games should be at least 6 in MELB and more at the MCG not Etihad where its costs at least $25 on top of your m/ship to get a seat on the ground level. Starting to think its not worth the $150 for a Victorian Membership particularly with so many games at the stadium

joemoore12
12th September 2012, 06:38 PM
Swans supporters are all around Australia (and NZ I'm sure). Not only in Sydney or Melbourne. I live in Tasmania and attended the game in Launceston this year along with thousands of Tassie Swans supporters who were extrrmely grateful and proud to have the chance to watch the mighty Swannies live! The NZ game will give the club great exposure and is a fantastic opportunity for more Swans supporters to see the team in their own backyard. Some people need to be grateful that they get to see the boys play so often and don't begrudge passionate supporters like myself the chance to see our champion team once in a blue moon! The club is bigger than that and I applaud this decision!

mcs
12th September 2012, 07:02 PM
Looks like Vic supporters loose again. Geelong game a joke cant get in anyway with all those feral cats. Seems that you Sydney siders like the idea its ok for you, you get your home games should be at least 6 in MELB and more at the MCG not Etihad where its costs at least $25 on top of your m/ship to get a seat on the ground level. Starting to think its not worth the $150 for a Victorian Membership particularly with so many games at the stadium

We all love the fact that the Swans have a large Sydney and Melbourne based fan group (as well fo course the rest of us scattered all across the place) , but after all the team is now the Sydney Swans, and have been for the past 30years - so I'm not really sure that unless its a very good offer $$$$, we should really ever consider giving away home games for such an adventure as this.

I think generally the club does pretty well at ensuring a reasonable amount of games in Melbourne - even if one of them is usually at the dump in Geelong. But the situation with ticketing there should improve a bit once the ground renovations are improved and capacity increases. Its never going to be a perfect situation, but if you take this year as a basis, and it still stays at 6 games in Melbourne (as stated on the club website, the Swans have requested 6 away games in Melbourne), then there is a pretty decent chance the extra game will be at the MCG, instead of Etihad.

Nico
12th September 2012, 07:23 PM
We all love the fact that the Swans have a large Sydney and Melbourne based fan group (as well fo course the rest of us scattered all across the place) , but after all the team is now the Sydney Swans, and have been for the past 30years - so I'm not really sure that unless its a very good offer $$$$, we should really ever consider giving away home games for such an adventure as this.

I think generally the club does pretty well at ensuring a reasonable amount of games in Melbourne - even if one of them is usually at the dump in Geelong. But the situation with ticketing there should improve a bit once the ground renovations are improved and capacity increases. Its never going to be a perfect situation, but if you take this year as a basis, and it still stays at 6 games in Melbourne (as stated on the club website, the Swans have requested 6 away games in Melbourne), then there is a pretty decent chance the extra game will be at the MCG, instead of Etihad.

If we get one less game in Melbourne which is an absolute monty, then our membership price should be reflected as such. If it means 5 games in Melbourne and no Geelong match I would be somewhat happy. 4 in Melbourne and one at the hole they call Simmonds Stadium (hardly resembles an oval) is not acceptable.

DamY
12th September 2012, 07:36 PM
The club has requested another 6 Melbourne games so it's up to the AFL to deliver that.

The flights are about $500 return which is a bit much, I'd probably go via Auckland though for a deal (they're about $300 return if you get a good deal)

Wardy
12th September 2012, 08:13 PM

That would be fabo - Wellington is so easy to get around and the pubs restaurants on the water front are great! Highly recommend making the trip - I reckon I will go for sure then head up highway 1 to either Lake Taupo or Hawks Bay for a few days - or both !!! ( the road signage is ridiculously easy to navigate) do it people once it's locked in I'm booking!!!

Swansongster
12th September 2012, 08:39 PM
The club has requested another 6 Melbourne games so it's up to the AFL to deliver that.

The flights are about $500 return which is a bit much, I'd probably go via Auckland though for a deal (they're about $300 return if you get a good deal)

Good tip. I've got plenty of Kiwi mates in Auckland who came to Oz, made enough money for a house and then headed home. I am sure I can grab one or two for a road trip to Wellington.

Also, why not make a holiday of it? Even with just a couple of days and a hire car from Auckland, there is so much to see in grand Aotearoa between the two cities.

Wardy
12th September 2012, 09:05 PM
Thats why I'll head north from Wellington - have friends who live in Hawkes bay and they have a batch (holiday house for non kiwis ) right on the waters edge of lake Taupo- will head up to Ruapehu as well. Fantastic place.

DamY
12th September 2012, 09:09 PM
Thats why I'll head north from Wellington - have friends who live in Hawkes bay and they have a batch (holiday house for non kiwis ) right on the waters edge of lake Taupo- will head up to Ruapehu as well. Fantastic place.

Whoa sounds really nice!!! Jealous

Swansongster
12th September 2012, 09:11 PM

This is why the fixture is so attractive to Wellington. Probably 7-10,000 tourists will head over and spend $1000 each. Do the math. Good for the local economy. Same for all of those distributed games (Darwin, Tiges selling to GC, Launie and Hobart etc.). AFL is good tourism bait.

Wardy
12th September 2012, 09:26 PM
Whoa sounds really nice!!! JealousIt is a stunning location - And you look across the lake & mt Ruapehu is in the distance - can recommend a tour of the cellar at the big bottle shop opposite the lake - its huge !!! But if any of you can do it- then do it. Make a holiday of it - you won't regret it!!!

Nico
12th September 2012, 09:37 PM
The winner will be the side that can handle the strong wind. One place that no one bothers with a toupee.

firsty
12th September 2012, 09:49 PM
I walked in the door tonight and told the wife that being a swans supporter just got a lot more expensive "we have to go watch the swans play in Wellington, ANZAC weekend"
"well it looks like its a New Zealand holiday for my 50th" was her reply
perfect :)
I'm from Wellington so it will be, visit sister in the North Island for a week before the game and then off down the South Island for a week to visit the brother
Win Win Win for everyone :)

Wardy
12th September 2012, 10:18 PM
The winner will be the side that can handle the strong wind. One place that no one bothers with a toupee.
Yeah forgot about that - it can get a bit hairy landing in windy Wellington too sometimes you feel like the plane will miss the runway. It's a lovely compact city. I'm quite fond of NZ!!

erica
12th September 2012, 10:46 PM
Sounds like this game calls for a RWO excursion with Wardy as the tour guide. Charter a plane and a bus for the touring?

Wardy
12th September 2012, 10:59 PM
Sounds like this game calls for a RWO excursion with Wardy as the tour guide. Charter a plane and a bus for the touring?
"Wardy's Wild Windy isles Wine Wevellers" has a certain ring too it - I can promise that as I look after all of the Scottish Takeaways for Aust & Nz in my day job, we will not be EVER frequenting any of them - we will see many vineyards, establishments with incredible views (and wine lists) breweries for the beer lovers - thermal pools to relieve a aches and pains - amazing natural wonders (which generally have fantastic cafe's etc and wine) for the nut bags - you can bungy jump whilst we taste regional cheeses, local produce and wine - basically its Pre season training for a good dose of gout - but it will be fun!!!
did I mention the wine???;-)

mcs
12th September 2012, 11:07 PM

The most awesome thing about the announcement being now is its still a good 7 months out from it - so can just wait for the deals to come around for flights and the like, as we know when they will be playing :) I am definitely going if I can convince the other half to come with - ha maybe even if I can't convince the other half to come :P

ShockOfHair
12th September 2012, 11:51 PM
Sounds fun though somewhat pointless. Can't imagine even the drawing power of Goodes and Lewis J puncturing the smug veil of Kiwi parochialism. On the upside it will mean our lads will avoid the hail of abuse which I believe is the traditional NZ welcome for Aussie teams.

Swansongster
13th September 2012, 12:09 AM
We can get the locals onside with a cheer squad banner that reads: "More than all others - Australians and NZers - Forever Blood brothers"

Dosser
13th September 2012, 12:17 AM
It is a stunning location - And you look across the lake & mt Ruapehu is in the distance - can recommend a tour of the cellar at the big bottle shop opposite the lake - its huge !!! But if any of you can do it- then do it. Make a holiday of it - you won't regret it!!!

How many of us can you fit, Wardy?

Matimbo
13th September 2012, 03:03 PM
I think this is a great idea because:

1. Saints are giving up their Melb home ground advantage ... I'm guessing more Kiwis will support Swans given lots more of them come live in Sydney than Melb; and
2. Wellington is a really nice place ... great little "boutique" city, lots of character, definitely worth visiting

I think we'll beat Saints in Wellington by sux or sivin goals.

R-1
13th September 2012, 03:15 PM
Wonder if they'll fly auskick kids over. If there's a junior comp in Wellington that'd be awesome.

Wardy
13th September 2012, 03:28 PM
I think this is a great idea because:

1. Saints are giving up their Melb home ground advantage ... I'm guessing more Kiwis will support Swans given lots more of them come live in Sydney than Melb; and
2. Wellington is a really nice place ... great little "boutique" city, lots of character, definitely worth visiting

I think we'll beat Saints in Wellington by sux or sivin goals.
Yis I thunk wi wull
wun by six or Sivin - pass the limon & Poirou!

GoSouth33
13th September 2012, 04:24 PM
I think it's a great idea and really looking forward to hitting Wellington (one of the few cities I haven't yet visited in Kiwiland). I'm not sure how much the Kiwis like Aussie Rules because whenever I've been over there you get precious little coverage of the AFL.......you get rugby (ad nauseam) and of course rugby league. Having said that, I remember driving around Auckland last year and being amazed to see a ground with aussie rules posts.......so clearly, somebody is playing it over there.

Red
14th September 2012, 12:04 AM
I think it's a great idea and really looking forward to hitting Wellington (one of the few cities I haven't yet visited in Kiwiland). I'm not sure how much the Kiwis like Aussie Rules because whenever I've been over there you get precious little coverage of the AFL.......you get rugby (ad nauseam) and of course rugby league. Having said that, I remember driving around Auckland last year and being amazed to see a ground with aussie rules posts.......so clearly, somebody is playing it over there.
Aussies Rules has a long history in NZ, it's popular as (http://www.afl.com.au/development/international/internationalleagues/newzealand/tabid/10344/default.aspx)! :)

I like the fact that the Wellington City Council specifically requested the Swans (http://aflnz.co.nz/swans-saints-set-for-nz/) (to play the Saints). As they point out along with Swans & Saints fans flying in there's a lot of ex-pat Aussies living there who will probably make the trip, along with players, staff and supporters of the 16 NZAFL clubs. Should be a decent crowd.

Wonder if they'll fly auskick kids over. If there's a junior comp in Wellington that'd be awesome.
Sorted -- the AFL Kiwikick (http://aflnz.co.nz/afl-kiwikick/)

Sounds fun though somewhat pointless. Can't imagine even the drawing power of Goodes and Lewis J puncturing the smug veil of Kiwi parochialism. On the upside it will mean our lads will avoid the hail of abuse which I believe is the traditional NZ welcome for Aussie teams.
Not all Aussie Teams SOH, just the Wallabies. The Swans will be very well-received. As for the Saints, depends on how many locals know or remember Sam Gilberts antics early last year in Queenstown (http://www.heraldsun.com.au/afl/more-news/saints-deny-claims-of-kiwi-assault/story-e6frf9jf-1225999134698). Couldn't hurt to inform or remind any Kiwi neutrals in the crowd.

Bloody Hell
14th September 2012, 06:28 AM
Yis I thunk wi wull
wun by six or Sivin - pass the limon & Poirou!

Sux! Sux or sivin.

Wardy
14th September 2012, 07:45 AM
Sux! Sux or sivin.
It's the auto spill chick the iPhone that
Won't lit me spill kiwi properly????

aardvark
14th September 2012, 08:05 AM
Has anyone told a sheep joke yet?

Wardy
14th September 2012, 08:12 AM
????not yet-we don't to peak too soon in the Nz joke department!

Matimbo
14th September 2012, 02:40 PM
It's the auto spill chick the iPhone that
Won't lit me spill kiwi properly??

You got one of thum iPhones bro? Sweet as. Do you do iny of thet social nutworking stuff? Like Twutter or LunkedIn?

Wardy
14th September 2012, 02:44 PM
You got one of thum iPhones bro? Sweet as. Do you do iny of thet social nutworking stuff? Like Twutter or LunkedIn?
Yis thet stuff confuses the shut out of me????

Big Al
14th September 2012, 02:46 PM
Has anyone told a sheep joke yet?

Apparently the kiwis have just discovered a new use for their many thousands of sheep that they have.

Wool.

Dosser
14th September 2012, 02:58 PM
After the game I might try some tremping in my flup fops. Chuuuur.

Wardy
14th September 2012, 03:05 PM
What about your jendalls???

Wardy
14th September 2012, 03:08 PM
Apparently the kiwis have just discovered a new use for their many thousands of sheep that they have.

Wool.
You've hot a stack of them haven't you?????

aardvark
14th September 2012, 03:20 PM

Wool.

Oh Al I knew you wouldn't let me down!

Untamed Snark
14th September 2012, 03:25 PM
The kiwi sales rep at work just asked me to "chick the fux, eem waiting on a fux from Milburn"

Swansongster
14th September 2012, 03:26 PM
Can you still take a chilly bin full of DB into Kiwi grounds?

Q. What do you call a Kiwi with lots of girlfriends?

A. A shepherd.

Wardy
14th September 2012, 04:14 PM
God DB!!!i Knicked a beer towel from a pub in Nelson in 1987 (I went to a wedding there- geez the hangover took a week
To get over!!! And I was a young and almost desirable woman back then!!!????

aardvark
14th September 2012, 06:27 PM
God DB!!!i Knicked a beer towel from a pub in Nelson in 1987 (I went to a wedding there- geez the hangover took a week
To get over!!! And I was a young and almost desirable woman back then!!!??

Wow a cute chick that drinks beer and loves footy. Wardy you're every mans dream, you haven't been on a Jim Beam add recently have you?:smile:

Wardy
14th September 2012, 06:42 PM
It was 1987!! I was 23- have gone to seed since then let me you!!!

aardvark
14th September 2012, 06:50 PM

Ahh...... haven't we all ?

stellation
14th September 2012, 08:22 PM

At the age of 23 I, upon a dare, replaced a beer towel at a particular pub in Newtown that was a short walk from my house with a tea towel (the significance of the walking distance being that I had to go home to get the tea towel!). I can't recall how the idea of the tea towel came about, but I have a clear memory of both how sneakily I performed the act, and how little a tea towel looked like a beer towel :D

I may or may not have made that short walk back to the house that night with someone who observed my sneakery and was intrigued and wanted to find out more. ;)

Wardy
14th September 2012, 08:34 PM
Hhhhmmm strangely enough hmmmm yeah same thing really it was after the wedding, we were at the pub and you know too many beers it was Waitangi long weekend - the groomsmen was a bit of alright (you do the maths????)arrhh memories????

Wardy
14th September 2012, 08:41 PM
See New Zealand has it all , footy , beautiful scenery , good pubs , nice people and you can pick up! So make the trip!!

Matty10
14th September 2012, 10:18 PM
I'm not a big fan of the AFL doing this - what is the end game supposed to be - what are they trying to achieve? I'd heard a few years ago that they were trying to do the same thing in South Africa (which I thought was a stupid idea too).

I'd prefer the AFL focussed their attention on getting more community groups in Australia playing our sport rather than worrying about international $.

DamY
14th September 2012, 11:31 PM
I'm not a big fan of the AFL doing this - what is the end game supposed to be - what are they trying to achieve? I'd heard a few years ago that they were trying to do the same thing in South Africa (which I thought was a stupid idea too).

I'd prefer the AFL focussed their attention on getting more community groups in Australia playing our sport rather than worrying about international $.

Reasons why St Kilda, AFL and Wellington City Council are doing this

To spread the game to an emerging market (a few Kiwis have actually made it into the AFL system, believe it or not)

To enhance the pool of potential AFL players (NZ has shown skill in this area, they perform very well in AFL International Cup)

Groundwork for an NZ-based team (NZ teams are part of the NRL and A-league)

Pre-emptive exposure (the thousands of Kiwis that move over may barrack for St Kilda or Sydney first as that was the first team they saw)

All in all I think it is a low risk move by the AFL so I don't think it's that stupid. As a kiwi that has lived here for 12 years, I wish I had been exposed to it when I was younger, I don't really enjoy rugby union or league near as much as I do AFL.

Wardy
14th September 2012, 11:35 PM

To spread the game to an emerging market (a few Kiwis have actually made it into the AFL system, believe it or not)

To enhance the pool of potential AFL players (NZ has shown skill in this area, they perform very well in AFL International Cup)

Pre-emptive exposure (the thousands of Kiwis that move over may barrack for St Kilda or Sydney first as that was the first team they saw)

All in all I think it is a low risk move by the AFL so I don't think it's that stupid. As a kiwi that has lived here for 12 years, I wish I had been exposed to it when I was younger, I don't really enjoy rugby union or league near as much as I do AFL.
What he said AND its a bloody nice place to go to for a little holiday - so why not incorporate a game of footy with it!

Dosser
15th September 2012, 12:13 AM
And it's the right time with the Aussie $!

DamY
15th September 2012, 12:31 AM
Hehe yup I've never been to Welly before, an AFL game with my dear Swans is a good enough excuse for me! It's what Wellington City Council is hoping for

sharp9
15th September 2012, 02:05 AM
There was once a famous piece of graffiti in Bondi which said

NEW ZEALAND SUX

to which some wag added

AUSTRALIA FIVE

Comedy gold :-)

Matty10
15th September 2012, 09:51 AM

I really hope that this is not the groundwork for a future NZ-based team. If the AFL want to spread the sport to other places so they can start their own competitions that is fine, but I don't see how it improves the game to have an overseas team playing in our national competition.

There are are lots of things that the AFL could do, but that doesn't mean that they should.

Dosser
15th September 2012, 10:14 AM
I really hope that this is not the groundwork for a future NZ-based team. If the AFL want to spread the sport to other places so they can start their own competitions that is fine, but I don't see how it improves the game to have an overseas team playing in our national competition.

There are are lots of things that the AFL could do, but that doesn't mean that they should.

One of the problems that AFL has is that there is no international rivalry and no Test matches against other nations. We tried it with International Rules but that is more of a curiosity than a competition. Compare that to League, Union and Soccer and we lack that final elite level to which professional sportsmen strive. To be able to provide this level to junior League and Union players should they want to consider AFL would be a big advantage. It is something that the NRL has been saying is their big advantage for years.

I think that, apart from adding more markets for the AFL dollar, the Greek is being visionary here and wants to leave a legacy for long after his tenure. To be the CEO that goes down in history as the man who took the game to the world and began a real international competition is probably something that would appeal to him.

DamY
15th September 2012, 11:42 AM
The NZ-based team is a very long term project, I'm sure they'd do a Tas team before that. I think their goal is to have a third WA team and a third QLD or NT team in the next 20 years. But it is all speculation and they'll be more concerned about bedding down GWS and GCS before any other distractions. All of NZ is closer than WA so logistically it isn't impossible.

Big Al
15th September 2012, 12:49 PM
A new team would never work in an area where the rugby code dominates. ;)

Dosser
15th September 2012, 01:57 PM
A new team would never work in an area where the rugby code dominates. ;)

Just imagine Eddie if a FOREIGN team got salary cap concessions!

Wardy
15th September 2012, 03:34 PM
Just imagine Eddie if a FOREIGN team got salary cap concessions! his head would explode - it would make for great Telly!!

Big Al
15th September 2012, 03:36 PM
Just imagine Eddie if a FOREIGN team got salary cap concessions!

Especially with Dane Swan as the New Zealand Ram Raiders inaugural Captain.