PDA

View Full Version : One more sleep!

erica
20th September 2012, 09:52 PM
That's if you can sleep. I'm so anxious about this game. Please tell me I'm not the only one?

Bazman
20th September 2012, 10:02 PM
I'm the same, I,ve started getting the cap, scarf and polo shirt ready for the get go. Spewing that I'm not going to get up there for the game. I'm truly excited for this game.

annew
20th September 2012, 10:06 PM
That's if you can sleep. I'm so anxious about this game. Please tell me I'm not the only one?

You are not the only one - I haven't slept since Collongwood won last weekend. I feel sick.

ScottH
20th September 2012, 10:07 PM
I have indigestion at the moment.
Stress related I'm guessing.

neilfws
20th September 2012, 11:14 PM
Don't think I've enjoyed the build-up to a big game...any less than this week. Tried not to fret, obsess and read every article. Failed.

I'll feel a lot better at ANZ tomorrow night, straight after the first bounce when it's game on and "just another" 4 quarters. And I can see how we really look, instead of imagining how we might look.

annew
20th September 2012, 11:23 PM
[QUOTE=neilfws;590883]Don't think I've enjoyed the build-up to a big game...any less than this week. Tried not to fret, obsess and read every article. Failed.

my exact thoughts

Matt79
20th September 2012, 11:46 PM
Don't think I will be sleeping!! Too nervous and excited!! :)

Hazcam
21st September 2012, 12:13 AM
I'm really nervous about this one. I wonder if the hoodoo is in the back of their minds. We need to get off to a good start and not get beaten out of the centre too easily. We can't afford them to get a roll on.

I think we need to do something different because the swans game style has been mastered by the pies in the last 11 encounters. They've won by an average 25 points.

We need to open the game up.

We need to get back to the scoring of mid season and kick 15 goals +

I won't be satisfied with a thriller I want to see a comprehensive thumping.

On the flip side the pies will be using all that emotion of the week to spur them on.

There are no excuses.

R-1
21st September 2012, 12:46 AM
we just have to do this

just have to

Go Swannies
21st September 2012, 01:00 AM
Feeling calm this week. We'll either win or not and I'm expecting we will. I wonder if the Pies will come in heavy like they did against the Hawks? And I hope we keep our calm and just get on with it - and take the frees they supply.

DLBIA14
21st September 2012, 01:07 AM
Just been preparing for the game today (!) and I'm starting to feel really sick in my stomach. With any loss throughout the year and I always console myself thinking we can make it up next week, but just the prospect of losing to the Pies (again) in the current circumstances where there would be no prospect of redemption till next year... :(

I just hope the boys are handling this better than us.

wolftone57
21st September 2012, 01:57 AM
I'm really nervous about this one. I wonder if the hoodoo is in the back of their minds. We need to get off to a good start and not get beaten out of the centre too easily. We can't afford them to get a roll on.

I think we need to do something different because the swans game style has been mastered by the pies in the last 11 encounters. They've won by an average 25 points.

We need to open the game up.

We need to get back to the scoring of mid season and kick 15 goals +

I won't be satisfied with a thriller I want to see a comprehensive thumping.

On the flip side the pies will be using all that emotion of the week to spur them on.

There are no excuses.

I was at the last game we played against them at ANZ. We should have won. They play really ugly, shut the game down, cause lots of packs and then burst out of them. They did the same last week against Eagles. We don't want to allow that sort of game, we need to get the ball wide and run, run , run as John Kennedy Snr used to say. We need to become Kennedy's Commando's. A wave of Red & White all the way down the field and those players who are not going to get the ball set up road blocks to hold Pies up. We need to move the ball very quickly to unnerve them and catch them out. We need to have several different methods to move the ball into the forward line and I think Morton is going to be so important

bloodbrother
21st September 2012, 05:16 AM
I am really calm and confident about this game..i really think as the swans are always written off even when we are favourites plays into their hands ..we will win this game handsomely ..goodes is only just starting to hit his straps..jetta is also starting to run and carry the way he was earlier this season..the biased commentary really gets annoys me though..listen again tonight as excuses are made for collingwood...i love the way sydney play they are so unrelenting and fierce at the contest..looking foward to dining on some tired pies..swans 18 pts plus

ScottH
21st September 2012, 07:24 AM
so I got 3/4 of a nights sleep.

stellation
21st September 2012, 07:25 AM
Surely at your age you save the other 1/4 of a night's sleep for a nap through the day?

Nich
21st September 2012, 07:59 AM
I have been feeling calm as well. No anxiety yet. I feel confident. I feel like this is our time. I feel like we own this. It will be a red&white Friday night. And finally i can stand in the brewery after the game and hear people sing the swans song, not the pies song. This is our turf!!!!

GoSouth33
21st September 2012, 08:31 AM
We just need to apply pressure from the opening and keep it up for the four quarter with intensity. Just don't let them into the game. Don't feel sorry for them, just grind them down.

Wardy
21st September 2012, 08:47 AM
Didn't sleep well so got up earlier than normal and was in here at the office at 5.30am (up side only took 35 minutes from the shire to Nth Sydney this morning!!) so hv been getting a lot of work done. Still I am nervous but not filled with dread like I have been previously when we play the pies. So I reckon that's a great thing !!!!C'mon Boys I know you can do It!!! Go Swans!!!!

Cheer Squad
21st September 2012, 09:21 AM
Surely at your age you save the other 1/4 of a night's sleep for a nap through the day?

And I thought I was the only one who did that sort of thing... :rolleyes:

I got off to sleep OK, but then woke up at some ungodly hour and started thinking about tonight, so that was the end of going back to sleep.

I'll have my nap this arvo and wake up ready for a few drinks before the game. It usually does the trick.

ScottH
21st September 2012, 09:51 AM

I hope you're coming to the Brewery or Bar 119.
So I can bop you on the nose you insolent young scallywag!!

I have almost 1.5hrs on the plane to catch up!!
And hopefully I'll have a kip in the hotel on arrival.
Hope I don't sleep through the start of the game,

mcs
21st September 2012, 10:06 AM
I slept well actually last night.... the scary part was not that I had a dream about the game (I couldn't find out whether we won or not - I'm not quite sure how that works but anyway!) but that my other half has a dream of seing me on TV being interviewed at the game afterwards getting all excited about the Swannies winning. She has a little interest at best (I'm working very hard to fix that!) in footy, so Im going to interpret that as a good sign!!

CARN YOU BLOODS!

#BELIEVE - SWANS 2012!

Wardy
21st September 2012, 10:12 AM
I might leave here early get to Hombush - park in P1 and have a kip - so if you see a woman in a white Rav 4 having a sleep - dont wake her unless she's dribbling ????

Chilcott
21st September 2012, 10:22 AM
I haven't felt this nervous before a game since the 2005 GF. I hope that's a good omen.

Doctor
21st September 2012, 11:29 AM
The cat woke early and wanted to go out before 5am. She must be nervous too.

Go Swannies
21st September 2012, 11:57 AM
The cat woke early and wanted to go out before 5am. She must be nervous too.

Aren't the Cats already out?

Doctor
21st September 2012, 12:02 PM
Aren't the Cats already out?

Yeah, that's why she woke me up. She's still not over it.

Go Swannies
21st September 2012, 12:10 PM
Yeah, that's why she woke me up. She's still not over it.

I haven't heard a cat howl since Cam Mooney in 2005 - I hope to see a Magpie repeat the performance tonight.

aardvark
21st September 2012, 12:15 PM
My ginger cat hasn't watched a game since Lingy retired.

Go Swannies
21st September 2012, 12:22 PM
Now there are no more sleeps I feel more relaxed joking around here than thinking about work or the game tonight. My calm of yesterday seems to have dissipated.

ScottH
21st September 2012, 12:23 PM
The 11am to Sydney is delayed 50 mins.
I'm on a 2pm. And I'm the worst kind of impatient person.
Will kill me if mine is delayed that long.
Initially I was going to book a 4pm flight.
Lucky I listened to my wife for a change.

Dying here waiting, waiting waiting at home.

DamY
21st September 2012, 12:31 PM
Lol I have to leave a work dinner early (it's shift work so these are rare as hen's teeth) and also had it shifted forward 2 hours just so I could attend both!

Doctor
21st September 2012, 12:44 PM

I hear ya. I'm just here at work nervously waiting and trying to look like I'm doing something semi-productive. Hope your flight is relatively on time!

wolftone57
21st September 2012, 12:45 PM

When I have one of those I call it a 'Nanna Nap'.

AnnieH
21st September 2012, 12:49 PM

And here I was thinking you were going to do some "work" today.
Don't worry. I'm at work, but I'm not doing anything of value.

ScottH
21st September 2012, 01:05 PM
And here I was thinking you were going to do some "work" today.
Don't worry. I'm at work, but I'm not doing anything of value.

2 emails.
End of Day.

See you in sydney.

Wardy
21st September 2012, 01:20 PM
I was supposed to be at a function at Spice Temple in the city but realized that I couldn't get stuck into the fabo wines and get to the footy if any kind of fit state - so I decided ,when the prelim was announced, to make a very good career move and gave my invite to my boss!!! She will love it.????

Cheer Squad
21st September 2012, 01:40 PM

Who's the flight with?

ScottH
21st September 2012, 05:50 PM
Virgin. Mine took off on time and arrived early. They must have read the above.