PDA

View Full Version : The Walking Wounded?

Go Swannies
26th September 2012, 10:43 AM
Maybe the 6-day break will make a difference?

Doc warns Hawthorn will have to nurse recovering captain Luke Hodge in the AFL Grand Finalhttp://www.news.com.au/sport/afl/doc-warns-hawthorn-will-have-to-nurse-recovering-captain-luke-hodge-in-the-afl-grand-final/story-fndv7pj3-1226481342014

AILING Hawthorn ace Luke Hodge may be restricted to bursts off the interchange bench in Saturday's AFL Grand Final.

Hodge wasn't the only Hawk on light duties yesterday. Key forward Lance Franklin, defender Josh Gibson and ruckman David Hale didn't even join in the skills work.

The trio and Brad Sewell, Isaac Smith and Luke Breust were restricted to a series of 100m half-pace run-throughs on the far wing.

J_Moore
26th September 2012, 11:13 AM
Larkins is full of it and so regularly wrong.

Hodge to play 100% gave time at 110% efficiency now

Triple B
26th September 2012, 11:30 AM
Not sure Doc Larkins would know @@@@ from clay given his record this year.

What's with the 6-day break talk???

Go Swannies
26th September 2012, 11:38 AM
Not sure Doc Larkins would know @@@@ from clay given his record this year.

What's with the 6-day break talk???

Why not? I'm sure Ted will appreciate the extra day to recover. Thanks NRL.

liz
26th September 2012, 01:04 PM
I can't see how the day Hawthorn played their PF has any bearing on Hodge's gastro.

Go Swannies
26th September 2012, 01:21 PM
I can't see how the day Hawthorn played their PF has any bearing on Hodge's gastro.

Well, he woke up sick on Saturday morning, not on Friday night.

But that wasn't the point of the piece, was it? I think, recovery and loss of muscle tone for this week's game not last week's was. And Ted does have a day more than Hodge to recover from the medical problems arising last weekend.

ShockOfHair
26th September 2012, 01:45 PM
Is here the right place to note Mrs Hodge is expecting on GF day?

Triple B
26th September 2012, 01:49 PM
Is here the right place to note Mrs Hodge is expecting on GF day?

His wife has already told him he can play because she doesn't want to put up with him complaining for the next 20 years.

Jolly good wife he has....

Go Swannies
26th September 2012, 01:55 PM
His wife has already told him he can play because she doesn't want to put up with him complaining for the next 20 years.

:rofl

ShockOfHair
26th September 2012, 05:08 PM
:rofl

+ 1.

hot potato
26th September 2012, 06:32 PM
Very clever, love it.

Bexl
26th September 2012, 06:49 PM

Re Jolly, his wife suffered post natal depresion which is why he came back to Melbourne to be with her family.
Since she either had this with their first kid or was showing signs when the second kid was due he did what he had to do. As Paul Roos has said some things are more important than footy.
Go Swannies.

Go Swannies
26th September 2012, 07:03 PM
Re Jolly, his wife suffered post natal depresion which is why he came back to Melbourne to be with her family.
Since she either had this with their first kid or was showing signs when the second kid was due he did what he had to do. As Paul Roos has said some things are more important than footy.
Go Swannies.

As BBB was perhaps drawing a link to the 2006 Grand Final, not the subsequent move south, the depression must have hit fast.

satchmopugdog
26th September 2012, 07:19 PM
Go Swannies.

I didn't know this...having been thru this I can now fully understand his move...good on him...Roosy is right

royboy42
26th September 2012, 10:39 PM
The too often slanders of Jolly and particularly his wife demean this site.

Lucky Knickers
26th September 2012, 11:32 PM

Couldn't agree more.

ShockOfHair
27th September 2012, 12:44 AM
I thought BBB put it quite elegantly without being unfair to the Jollys. I don't have a problem with anything they did - but I don't mind chuckling about DJ's horrendous performance in the 2006 final. Here's hoping that Mrs Hodge delivers a beautiful baby in the wee hours of Sat morning and a tired old Dad plays like Darren.

TPR4
27th September 2012, 12:49 AM

Well said. Not as simple as submitting to the nagging wife as some have suggested. Serious stuff.

Matimbo
27th September 2012, 06:32 AM
Larkins is full of it and so regularly wrong.

Hodge to play 100% gave time at 110% efficiency now

Yes, he is so wrong with his on-the-spot diagnosis that I find him great comedy value.

Example 1: When Benny did his hammy, the TV coverage showed him in the red vest with a huge ice pack strapped to his hamstring ... and Doc Larkins saying he had done his ACL.

Example 2: When Ted rolled his ankle, the TV coverage showed him on the sideline talking to Nathan Gibbs and clearly pointing to his ankle ... and Doc Larkins saying he had done his PCL.

Funny, unless he is your doctor and decides you need a full knee re-co to cure your ingrown toenail.

GongSwan
27th September 2012, 01:06 PM
Well, he woke up sick on Saturday morning, not on Friday night.

But that wasn't the point of the piece, was it? I think, recovery and loss of muscle tone for this week's game not last week's was. And Ted does have a day more than Hodge to recover from the medical problems arising last weekend.

Loss of muscle tone after a few days of gastro? Doc Larkins is off his nut

Industrial Fan
27th September 2012, 01:21 PM
The too often slanders of Jolly and particularly his wife demean this site.Does it matter if we let FOTC do the work?

Demon Woman - Flight Of The Conchords (Lyrics) - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZnU62CUevn4)

Captain
27th September 2012, 02:22 PM

Spot on.

Doctor
27th September 2012, 05:35 PM
[QUOTE=Go Swannies;592488]

AILING Hawthorn ace Luke Hodge may be restricted to bursts off the interchange bench in Saturday's AFL Grand Final.

[QUOTE]

I thought bursts was what stopped Hodge playing last weekend....

BSA5
27th September 2012, 08:05 PM
Go Swannies.

That doesn't explain why Jolly chose Collingwood and only Collingwood to go to though. That seriously weakened our position at the trade table.

Jewels
27th September 2012, 08:49 PM
That doesn't explain why Jolly chose Collingwood and only Collingwood to go to though. That seriously weakened our position at the trade table.

But in the end we did really well with the trade so what is the issue?

liz
27th September 2012, 09:50 PM
But in the end we did really well with the trade so what is the issue?

Exactly. No other club was really in the market for a mature, quality ruckman. Hawthorn should have been, but they saw Burgoyne as a priority. We received the picks that netted us Jetta and part of BennyMac, which, if not fair value, wasn't far away. And the trade happened relatively painlessly, allowing sufficient time for the myriad of other trades we were involved in that week.

wolftone57
27th September 2012, 10:02 PM
Exactly. No other club was really in the market for a mature, quality ruckman. Hawthorn should have been, but they saw Burgoyne as a priority. We received the picks that netted us Jetta and part of BennyMac, which, if not fair value, wasn't far away. And the trade happened relatively painlessly, allowing sufficient time for the myriad of other trades we were involved in that week.

I think we got pretty good value and a lot more years of service by the way. Jetts & Benny will be around for 10 Darren will retire probably at the end of next year.

27th September 2012, 10:16 PM

Unnecessary and don't forget we have Jett and Kennedy because of Jolly moving on. Get over it guys, it's happened and we are winners.

Doctor J.
28th September 2012, 01:22 AM
Unnecessary and don't forget we have Jett and Kennedy because of Jolly moving on. Get over it guys, it's happened and we are winners.
We werent winners in 2006. Thanks Darren

barry
28th September 2012, 08:21 AM
The jolly trade is not that simple. We had to trade in both mummy and seaby to cover jollys loss. They picks we gave up are part of the cost for jolly