PDA

View Full Version : How confident are we?

ShockOfHair
26th September 2012, 01:52 PM
Poll away...

Big Al
26th September 2012, 02:01 PM
As I've said before I practice optimistic pessimism. I'm always supremely confident we'll get beat in every game. The Hawks deserve to be favourite and will probably be too good.

longmile
26th September 2012, 02:03 PM
I'm reasonably confident in our form but I think it is too close to call. Anything could happen- both teams are hard to beat at there best and their worst isn't that bad. I could see both the Hawks or the Swans winning by 30.

goswannie14
26th September 2012, 02:12 PM
Never confident before any game. Over the years we have lost the unloseable and won the unwinnable.

swansprincess
26th September 2012, 02:18 PM
Never confident before any game. Over the years we have lost the unloseable and won the unwinnable.

well said

mcs
26th September 2012, 02:26 PM
What I do know is there are plenty of poo and wee fans out there that think they only have to show up and they'll win the flag. I know that is not the case.

If our boys handle the occasion, and play close to their best, then we are in with an almighty shout. I don't care what the odds say, what all the pundits say - we are in this up to our little Swannie necks!

Bring it on I say - I think its too close to call, but whatever may happen, I know one thing I'm confident in - come the final siren, no matter the result, I'll be damn proud of what our boys have achieved this season!

#BELIEVE - Swans 2012!!!

Hazcam
26th September 2012, 02:38 PM
They have too much class all over the ground. They score heavily as well.

We need to lock it down, win the clearance count and kick accurately. Our handballing has to be slick like in the pf. If we can limit Franklins potency and shut down the mids.

Swans by 8.

liz
26th September 2012, 02:40 PM
I am confident we can win but not that we necessarily will.

Go Swannies
26th September 2012, 02:56 PM
I am confident we can win but not that we necessarily will.

Well said Liz. My head and heart are already in the same battle as Hodge's bowels - and with the same result.

juliec
26th September 2012, 03:32 PM
I was more nervous last week, just wanted to get where we are so badly.

Quietly confident this week, our swannies just seem so focused to me.

bloodbrother
26th September 2012, 03:53 PM
our backs are better,our mids i have complete confidence in , just have to mark inside 50 and kick straight..i would love us to win by a street ,however i think it will be a heart attack last quarter..swans by 8

Yuri H
26th September 2012, 03:58 PM
Depends which millisecond you ask me. The Hawks at full throttle are the irresistible force; we have to be both accurate at scoring and be the immovable object. If the Swans show up at their best and most tightly-organised, we can do it. The slightest weakness though and the Hawks will exploit it mercilessly.

ScottH
26th September 2012, 04:06 PM
our backs are better,our mids i have complete confidence in , just have to mark inside 50 and kick straight..i would love us to win by a street ,however i think it will be a heart attack last quarter..swans by 8

That is the key to the game I reckon.
If the other 2 are in order, we just need to get some contested marks I50.
And kick straight!

ScottH
26th September 2012, 04:09 PM
Depends which millisecond you ask me. The Hawks at full throttle are the irresistible force; we have to be both accurate at scoring and be the immovable object. If the Swans show up at their best and most tightly-organised, we can do it. The slightest weakness though and the Hawks will exploit it mercilessly.

Accuracy was a problem for the hawks in their last 2 games.
9.10 and 5.10 in the first half of both games.
to out 7.2, 7.9.

Hawks 11.9, 8.9 to Swans 4.3, 6.9 in the 2nd halves

ShockOfHair
26th September 2012, 04:29 PM
If we lock them down like we did in first quarter of the SCG game, and the mids at least break even, then we're a huge chance.

Rod_
26th September 2012, 04:40 PM
Swans by 18 is my quietly confident guess!

Slow and nervous start building to a grinding win! There will be so many moves and changes in the match ups during the game, that I expect to get giddy..

Big games from the key wet players like - Jude, ROK, Josh Macca

Hope we are not to tall for a wet final?

Big plays will be the tap to advantage soccer kicks and penalties will be holding the ball!~

Hope that Jet's noted that they (Umpires) will be counting his paces and distance traveled. (I thought is was a long way at the time of that magical goal, bottom line a goal is a goal and their not getting that one back!)

I would start Parker this week and Mal (or Reid) on the bench! Could be a good call to have Reid on the bench - fresh legs and long reach for the last quarter.. some very tired defenders would be unhappy! (and could settle the nerves a little..)

Rod_

top40
26th September 2012, 05:39 PM
Just happy be there. To win would be an added bonus

hot potato
26th September 2012, 06:24 PM
The boys are totally ready for this Granny, they just will not allow The Hawks the space to kick a winning score and will remain in the contest.

satchmopugdog
26th September 2012, 07:25 PM
I'm sooooooo excited/nervous/hopeful/nervous/excited/nervous I can't think straight...have got my ticket and flight and am now beside myself.....so I have opted for a little bit of optimism as we are a good team

SwansFan1972
26th September 2012, 10:55 PM
We are the best performed team against them this year (apart from the Cats who remain the Hawks masters).

Beat them soundly in Tassie (described by all and sundry to be pretty much impossible).

And should have beaten them in Round 22 also. Looking back now, the only logical explanation for the change in that game is that it was a footy version of 'rope a dope'. They got their super duper win (a bit like the Pies in round 20), but the boys will be waiting for them with their proverbial baseball bats on Saturday and will beat them with a combination of shock and awe. There will be no giving up of big leads this time around. Swans by 37. Goodes Norm Smith. :)

Interesting to see their former greats out today spruiking that these Hawks are a better team than 2008. Adds a bit of unneccessary pressure IMO - why not just say they've been great this year, are a good chance to win and should be very confident. They'll all look like stooges when the Hawks fail to emulate their 2008 fellows!!

SwansFan1972
26th September 2012, 11:43 PM
We are the best performed team against them this year (apart from the Cats who remain the Hawks masters).

Beat them soundly in Tassie (described by all and sundry to be pretty much impossible).

And should have beaten them in Round 22 also. Looking back now, the only logical explanation for the change in that game is that it was a footy version of 'rope a dope'. They got their super duper win (a bit like the Pies in round 20), but the boys will be waiting for them with their proverbial baseball bats on Saturday and will beat them with a combination of shock and awe. There will be no giving up of big leads this time around. Swans by 37. Goodes Norm Smith. :)

Interesting to see their former greats out today spruiking that these Hawks are a better team than 2008. Adds a bit of unneccessary pressure IMO - why not just say they've been great this year, are a good chance to win and should be very confident. They'll all look like stooges when the Hawks fail to emulate their 2008 fellows!!

For some reason can't edit - I should clarify that Swans were 'one of' the best performed against them. Forgot the Tigers ten goal smashing of them. More relevant to the 'omens' thread, but not too many flag sides get towelled by ten goals in a premiership year! :)

Teasdale77
27th September 2012, 12:04 AM
I'll be there in the nosebleeds with the Sydney-based faithful hoping we just get over the line. This will be a game of errors mattering more than heroics. If our delivery going forward is sweet, we will definitely win. Our commitment to the ball and defence need no introduction.

It's 5-4 from the afl.com.au pundits which means pretty much too close to call. But Demetriou has picked Swans by 7 so obviously the word has gone out to the umps ;)

http://www.afl.com.au/finals/finalstipsters/tabid/13842/default.aspx

Ludwig
27th September 2012, 12:19 AM
I'll be there in the nosebleeds with the Sydney-based faithful hoping we just get over the line. This will be a game of errors mattering more than heroics. If our delivery going forward is sweet, we will definitely win. Our commitment to the ball and defence need no introduction.

It's 5-4 from the afl.com.au pundits which means pretty much too close to call. But Demetriou has picked Swans by 7 so obviously the word has gone out to the umps ;)

http://www.afl.com.au/finals/finalstipsters/tabid/13842/default.aspx

The worry is that we were tipped by Brian Taylor and we all know what a tool he is.

Goal Sneak
27th September 2012, 12:33 AM
Both teams have a bunch of young players who have really stepped up and played well the whole year. I think it's gonna come down to how these young guys perform on the big stage. I'm really confident that our youngin's are going to stand up and continue their amazing form.

swansrule100
27th September 2012, 02:07 AM
If sam reid actually gets going early and gave us a couple of goals i think we can win quite easily. If goals are hard work and its tight we may struggle. THey score quick when they get momentum.

I think reid on top of schoenmakers would make a huge impact, i would back LRT and co to give us their usual.

morton makes quicker decisions too would help.

I dont get the hawks hype that exists, this isnt Essendon 2000, we will win by 25 at least

GongSwan
27th September 2012, 03:30 AM

Jewels
27th September 2012, 09:24 AM
I would love to say I was full of confidence but I'm not and all my omens are bad ones. For one - I am going to the game and I can't remember the last time I saw a Swans victory interstate. Seems like the last three or so years, if you look at our record when we have lost interstate, London to a brick it was one that yours truly had attended :dejection:
Having said that though, I go into the game with little expectation which makes it so much easier, unlike last week when I was feeling physically ill because of the expectation I had. Whatever happens I am seriously proud of this team and what they have managed this year and win or lose, I will proudly be displaying my colours all weekend!

bloodbrother
27th September 2012, 09:37 AM
Simple one there Jewels..please don't go to the game..i have another one for you , i have my swans shirt which i am wearing saturday..when i have worn this we have never lost a final that i have been watching ..including st kilda last year and the two finals this year..so that is a good omen..saw a quote from Goodes yesterday that he would back the swans to win against anyone at any ground ..it will be close for sure ,be they can do it!

RogueSwan
27th September 2012, 01:24 PM
For some reason can't edit - ...
Your post gets locked a30 minutes after posting.

rojo
27th September 2012, 04:26 PM
We have just beaten the Crows at AAMI Stadium and the Magpies at ANZ Stadium by playing some pretty good footy, so beating the Hawks at the MCG will just complete the trifecta - no worries!.

CureTheSane
27th September 2012, 04:43 PM
refer to the thread at the start of the year asking where we would finish.
I stand by my prediction :)

msb
27th September 2012, 07:46 PM
I am trying so hard to be confident but my biggest concern is our form at the G. We have showed that we can match the hawks in the 2 games this year, but can we at the G? 12 months ago they flogged us there, I just hope this run of ending hoodoos for us this year continues. That aside we could very well be holding up the cup come Saturday.

hot potato
27th September 2012, 07:57 PM
Horses attitude to these hoodoos is just fantastic. Why waste any anxiety about looking backwards. What A. Goodies says, this team can win anywhere.
Play it in the Antarctic or in the Simpson Desert.
Go The Mongrel Bloodhounds!

bandwagon
27th September 2012, 08:22 PM
I'm channelling '05. We will win by a kick - Dream Believe Achieve!
:D

mpr104
27th September 2012, 08:30 PM
I am still finding it hard to believe we are actually in the grand final, it is all a little surreal, did not see it coming!

That being said, I was very impressed with our skills against Collingwood and think we will win by 3-4 goals :)

Alan
27th September 2012, 09:27 PM
Swans by 8 points. 5 goals to the Jet.

Woodie
28th September 2012, 02:50 PM
Swans by 8 points. 5 goals to the Jet.

Alan, if Jets kicks 5 we win & he gets NS.

Go Bloods

31 hard at it
28th September 2012, 08:16 PM
Just filled the car with V Power and then realised .... another sign :)