PDA

View Full Version : Mixed feelings

swans_premiers
1st October 2012, 04:27 PM
I am So happy we've won, we had an amazing year and i enjoyed every minute of it, funnily enough i watched every minute of every game bar our two worst in saints n tigers as i couldnt get to a tv. We've broken all our hoodos in the most amazing finals series which ended with malceskis goal of which i will never forget....

Now..... On the other hand im quite sad about having to wait another 6 months to see this team again. And prob 11 months to get a win thats gonna feel like the last 3.

I just wanna fast forward 6 months n watch gary rohan n jetta rip it up n do it all again. Anyone else with similar feelings?

swanspant12
1st October 2012, 05:31 PM
Yep. But the boys need a good rest, they've worked their bloody backsides off this year. Cant wait for 2013! rohan and jetta woweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

swansrule100
1st October 2012, 05:45 PM
Im glad i went cos watching the replay did not convey the atmosphere and excitement as well as ten used too.

I know what u r saying but i just want to bask in the glory a bit before worrying about 2013, tho little things are going to be exciting like getting a gold afl logo on our guernsey

grizz
1st October 2012, 07:19 PM
Yes I feel exactly the same, I think it's time to find a summer hobby.

Primmy
1st October 2012, 07:44 PM
Oh good. Someone else started this. I believe I have enough replay's on disk to keep me going for a while. but a summer with NO footy is daunting. Especially this time round.

Anyone know of a cure? Cricket??? No? Navel staring then..... oh dear.

Jeffers1984
1st October 2012, 09:16 PM
26th of October, buy the Sydney Swans 2012 Victory pack

watch and repeat till February 2013.

Rod_
1st October 2012, 09:58 PM
Just going to bask in the moment for a while!

Rod_
1st October 2012, 09:59 PM
OK, that was long enough. bring on the footy - I'm ready now!

mcs
2nd October 2012, 12:39 AM
Going to enjoy the summer... got plenty of Premiership gear ordered so I can ensure everyone I know remembers who won the flag. DVD is on order for those boring summer days, and there are plenty of good matches from the year to watch as well.

Can't wait for next season, but gee I think I can manage to bask in the glory of this wonderful premiership winning team for a while!

supersall
2nd October 2012, 07:37 PM
OK, have watched the replay (twice), handwashed the scarves, packed the ponchos, rolled up the flag, spiffed up the lucky converse, and wrapped the jerseys in tissue paper. Um....so.....um.......I know, I'll watch the replay!

mcs
2nd October 2012, 08:28 PM
OK, have watched the replay (twice), handwashed the scarves, packed the ponchos, rolled up the flag, spiffed up the lucky converse, and wrapped the jerseys in tissue paper. Um....so.....um.......I know, I'll watch the replay!

Washed the scarves, oh my! :eek: My scarf has been with me since the first game I ever went to live - vs Collingwood at ANZ stadium, 2005 when we beat them by a point. Never gets washed, never will (unless absolutely necessary at some stage). It has plenty of pulls, lots of stains (beer, tea, chocolate, lots of other stuff have been spilt on it) - even a few tears mixed in there. Not going to wash it till it is unusable (or just plain disgusting!), which hopefully won't be for many a year and a few more Premierships yet! :rofl

Mel
2nd October 2012, 08:34 PM
Washed the scarves, oh my! :eek: My scarf has been with me since the first game I ever went to live - vs Collingwood at ANZ stadium, 2005 when we beat them by a point. Never gets washed, never will (unless absolutely necessary at some stage). It has plenty of pulls, lots of stains (beer, tea, chocolate, lots of other stuff have been spilt on it) - even a few tears mixed in there. Not going to wash it till it is unusable (or just plain disgusting!), which hopefully won't be for many a year and a few more Premierships yet! :rofl

My scarf is very rarely washed - only in desperate circumstances. It looks a little worse for wear after hanging out the window for the drive up the Hume too. Mine's a tad older than yours, I think I got it around 1996... I know it was showing some battle scars even back in 1998 or so. It still bares some of my Nan's stitching after she insisted on sewing up a tear, and she's been gone for 13 years now...

supersall
2nd October 2012, 08:43 PM
Oh my, gentle, non water immersing bit of rub down. Some major beer spillage on Sunday from the young lads next to me (I of course spilled not a drop) when Mal kicked us home. The smell was quite nauseating to be honest. Paid special attention to not wash any of the magic out!

Primmy
2nd October 2012, 08:54 PM
My scarf saw light of day in 1996, but I thought the fringe too short so made it an extra long one.
It gets washed when I get embarrassed about the state of it.
Sometimes I abandon it for something a bit more upmarket, a bit more "now". But it stays loyal to me, even filtering out cigar smoke at the Alex. It got thrown in the wash along with all my other clothes from the event, and its again pristine. they don't make them like they used to.

erica
2nd October 2012, 09:02 PM
Each year I have a ritual scarf-washing at the end of the season. That happened yesterday and now my scarf is safely packed away for season 2013. How many sleeps until the first game next year?

ScottH
2nd October 2012, 09:09 PM
Each year I have a ritual scarf-washing at the end of the season. That happened yesterday and now my scarf is safely packed away for season 2013. How many sleeps until the first game next year?

140+ till the NAB cup.

jono2707
2nd October 2012, 09:15 PM
My scarf has never been close to the washing machine and I think next year will be its 20th birthday. It is a thing of beauty.

That said, it now has some competition. I have a new scarf with "Sydney Swans Premiers 2012" on it. Geez the new one is great!!!!!!