PDA

View Full Version : 2012 Premiership Scarf

Jeffers1984
2nd October 2012, 09:07 PM
Does anyone know if they are bringing out a premiership scarf akin to our 2005 one? The one with all the players names on it etc.

Hope they do because that one was awesome. Wore it to the GF this year so would like to replace it with a 2012 one now :)

Xie Shan
2nd October 2012, 09:11 PM
This is the closest one I can find in the Swanshop online, but not sure if it's the one you're after with all the players names on it...

(Edit: Sorry, the link below is only to the main Swanshop page - the scarves are under 'Premiers Apparel + Packs' on the menu)

Swanshop (http://www.sydneyswans.com.au/portals/68/swans_shop.html)

CureTheSane
2nd October 2012, 10:30 PM
I asked at the AFL shop and all I was told was that they would be releasing more stuff over the next couple of weeks.
I bought my 2005 one at Rebel Sports
Also be looking for another framed limited edition print to match the 2005 one. :)

GongSwan
3rd October 2012, 02:22 PM
Herald and Weekly Times Pty Ltd - Official 2012 Premiership Merchandise including Mark Knight products (http://heraldandw.cart.net.au/cat/2043124.html)
other stuff, cheaper, but doesn't benefit the club

ugg
3rd October 2012, 03:03 PM
Jeffers I emailed Swanshop and they said the scarf doesn't contain the names :frown

Wardy
3rd October 2012, 03:04 PM
They will sell them at the CC dinner this Friday night - that's where I got my 2005 scarf at the dinner that year - I won't be at this years (might hv to get Primmy to get me one!!!)????

Big Al
3rd October 2012, 05:37 PM
From memory they had a merchandise stall at the parade in 2005 so I might have a look then if they do. I need to get my hands on the the scarf, polo, magazine, beer holder, watch, key ring .................

...........Panorama, DVD Box Set. and Balaclava to rob a bank to pay for it all. :)

Wardy
3rd October 2012, 06:19 PM
Actually if I recall correctly they put the scarves out for sale after dinner (ie after everyone had a few drinkies) and they sold in record time!! I may have lost my shoes on the night but I wore that scarf with that fancy dress with great pride!!!

AnnieH
3rd October 2012, 06:23 PM
The scarves they were selling at the after granny party had sold out... they didn't have the players names on them so I didn't buy one (at the time).
Have since bought one and a signed guernsey.
Al... when you rob the bank, can you grab a few grand for me please?

Jewels
3rd October 2012, 07:16 PM
Any word on a box set yet?

Wardy
3rd October 2012, 07:56 PM
Yeah I'm waiting for that too.

Zlatorog
3rd October 2012, 08:11 PM
Some on-line shops (like EzyDVD) are expecting it on the 26th of October.

Triple B
3rd October 2012, 08:26 PM
Should be cheaper than in 2005, one less game. Not that anybody has bothered watching DVD #1 anyway...lol

goswannie14
3rd October 2012, 10:01 PM
Should be cheaper than in 2005, one less game. Not that anybody has bothered watching DVD #1 anyway...lolI was thinking "At least this year I will get to watch all of the DVDs!"

magic.merkin
4th October 2012, 11:47 AM
I have watched DVD #1. Was a great game, and wasn't the end of the season.

Now I can easily say I have never re-watched the 2006 GF.

Melbournehammer
4th October 2012, 12:26 PM
i am not sure they will be doing either the dvds or a scarf with players names - see attached email

Hi,

Thank you for your email.

Unfortunately a pack similar to the one you have mentioned will not be available to purchase.

There will not be a scarf with the players' names on it, however a Premiers scarf has been designed and is available on our website.

We are unsure whether the finals series will be available on DVD as this is through AFL media, however we will ensure that it is advertised should one become available. A copy of the Grand final DVD is available to purchase through our Swans shop however.

Jewels
4th October 2012, 12:45 PM
i am not sure they will be doing either the dvds or a scarf with players names - see attached email

Hi,

Unfortunately a pack similar to the one you have mentioned will not be available to purchase.

There will not be a scarf with the players' names on it, however a Premiers scarf has been designed and is available on our website.

We are unsure whether the finals series will be available on DVD as this is through AFL media, however we will ensure that it is advertised should one become available. A copy of the Grand final DVD is available to purchase through our Swans shop however.

According to the EzyDVD website, a boxed set will be available on 26/10 costing around $110.

Jeffers1984
4th October 2012, 12:54 PM

Hi,

yeah Ezydvd has the victory pack coming out on DVD and Blu-Ray end of October but the news of the premiership scarf is pretty disappointing.

goswannie14
4th October 2012, 01:01 PM
According to the EzyDVD website, a boxed set will be available on 26/10 costing around $110.I won't be paying that much for it. Last time the prices came down pretty quickly. IIRC I got mine from Sanity for about $50.00.

Jewels
4th October 2012, 01:07 PM
I won't be paying that much for it. Last time the prices came down pretty quickly. IIRC I got mine from Sanity for about $50.00.

Yer I remember paying somewhere around the $80 mark and then seeing it about two weeks later for $50.
It is priced a bit steep this year but then again, it is the AFL that are marketing it! :greedy_dollars:

Jeffers1984
4th October 2012, 01:32 PM
if i was to pay full price for it, i might as well get it from the swanshop since they would get the cash.

j s
4th October 2012, 01:44 PM
They will sell them at the CC dinner this Friday night - that's where I got my 2005 scarf at the dinner that year - I won't be at this years????

Ditto!!

Triple B
4th October 2012, 02:14 PM
I doubt if I will be forkling out the $110 for the DVD in October. I'll make do with all 3 finals recorded to IQ downstairs in the living room, recorded to IQ upstairs in the bedroom and downloaded copies on my laptop.

Then I'll pay half the price and buy it in January...

Jewels
4th October 2012, 07:45 PM
I doubt if I will be forkling out the $110 for the DVD in October. I'll make do with all 3 finals recorded to IQ downstairs in the living room, recorded to IQ upstairs in the bedroom and downloaded copies on my laptop.

Then I'll pay half the price and buy it in January...

Oh how I wish I was clever enough to transfer the three finals games from IQ to DVD, unfortunately the ability to perform such miracles escapes me so I will be feeding the hungry coffers of the AFL.

goswannie14
4th October 2012, 07:52 PM
Yer I remember paying somewhere around the $80 mark and then seeing it about two weeks later for $50.
It is priced a bit steep this year but then again, it is the AFL that are marketing it! :greedy_dollars:I reckon I've got a good chance of getting it a bit cheaper in Geelong! There are a few of us down here, but the Cats are obviously the dominant team in terms of marketing and demand.