PDA

View Full Version : Kennedy

Swanner
7th October 2012, 11:00 PM
I hate to raise it but here we are the night before trading commences and still no deal for Josh. It simply does add up that we wouldn't have made it our number one priority to get him sorted out before the Tippett distraction. If any RWo ers can offer some reassurance that would be good because you don't normally leave your b&f winner in a premiership year unsigned for so long.

swanspant12
7th October 2012, 11:06 PM
Is he definitely out of contract? Surely the club would have bloody signed him up already. Are you 100 percent sure he is out of contract? Surely their would be more in the media if he was out of contract.

swanspant12
7th October 2012, 11:07 PM
I want a top 5 draft pick and a 10-15 pick in exchange if he leaves.

BillyRayCypress
7th October 2012, 11:08 PM
Franklin and Gibson have been sighted in Sydney this week according to Sunday papers. I'd say a direct swap.

I have been wondering the same thing about Kennedy this week. If you notice the main GF photo's, he is missing from the main team photo ( hugging Granddad at the time). Could it be an omen?

alison.z
7th October 2012, 11:17 PM
Surely he is signed - there would have been a mention of it at every turn if he wasn't!

liz
7th October 2012, 11:18 PM
Anyone listening to him collect his BS medal on Friday night wouldn't be too concerned about him going anywhere. If he was even out of contract, chances are he and the club quietly signed a new contract a while ago but just haven't told us.

alison.z
7th October 2012, 11:31 PM
If he was even out of contract, chances are he and the club quietly signed a new contract a while ago but just haven't told us.

As usual, the voice of reason. Seems like the most likely outcome.

Wardy
8th October 2012, 04:24 AM
Jesus here we go - speculation about Josh now, give me strength!! Give the club some credit as Liz said they would have had things worked out and settled quietly.

Big Al
8th October 2012, 07:59 AM
Fair Dinkum... If some of you lot won the lotto the very next day you'd be worrying about the price of a cup of coffee going up by 50c. We won the comp ffs, relax and enjoy the ride.

aardvark
8th October 2012, 08:12 AM
Fair Dinkum... If some of you lot won the lotto the very next day you'd be worrying about the price of a cup of coffee going up by 50c. We won the comp ffs, relax and enjoy the ride.

We went to Melbourne Museum Saturday for an exhibition. A small flat white was $4.50. I'm sure that was up 70c on last time we were there. :sulkiness:

I really don't think JPK will be a problem.

swansrob
8th October 2012, 08:34 AM
Quite a while ago, the club said everyone they wanted to sign was signed, given GWS can still poach uncontracted players. I'd say that included Kennedy.

ScottH
8th October 2012, 08:43 AM
Kennedy for Tippett.
Straight swap.

Doctor
8th October 2012, 08:55 AM

Yeah!! I haven't even been able to bring myself to post on the Tippett thread yet. We won, I trust the club, pass the beer nuts. We are Premiers!!

royboy42
8th October 2012, 08:56 AM

Backed Fat Al saturday working on the theory that with the flag in our pocket, you're hot!! Thanks Al..

Triple B
8th October 2012, 09:00 AM
I asked him direct on Friday night. He gave me a look which gave me the impression somebody else had asked him and he couldn't understand why there was a perception he was out of contract.

He is contracted for next year...

Jewels
8th October 2012, 09:38 AM
Spot on Al! Where on earth did this "Josh out of contract" crap come from?????
Considering Joshie (along with Jettstar) has been our most discussed player this year, the media would have been all over it if he wasn't signed up, much in the same way that other high profile players have been.
Not to mention how GWS would have swooped on him as being uncontracted.

Kennedy for Tippett.
Straight swap.

Now Scott, I'm salivating at the thought of Tippett in our forward line but even I would storm the Bastille if the powers that be did this! :cower:

aardvark
8th October 2012, 09:49 AM
Now Scott, I'm salivating at the thought of Tippett in our forward line but even I would storm the Bastille if the powers that be did this! :cower:

Agree Jewels. I wouldn't trade Kennedy for 3 Tippetts.

Swansinger
8th October 2012, 10:16 AM
What's that sound from my groin ? Ah , yes , it's "talking bollocks" :D.

Maybe JPK will go the USA ? I hear they are after a Kennedy who shoots , instead of a Kennedy who gets shot.

BillyRayCypress
8th October 2012, 10:21 AM
Kennedy for Tippett.
Straight swap.

What's that sound from my groin ? Ah , yes , it's "talking bollocks" :D.

Maybe JPK will go the USA ? I hear they are after a Kennedy who shoots , instead of a Kennedy who gets shot.

Naughty boys. Off to the naughty corner for the both of you.

If JPK ever left the Swans, it would be to the Hawks. He might take over as the new ROK (each trade period) for going back to Melbourne.

Big Al
8th October 2012, 12:48 PM
Backed Fat Al saturday working on the theory that with the flag in our pocket, you're hot!! Thanks Al..

Glad i could help mate. If you see a horse called "Chick Magnet" I'd probably back it for the same reason. :)

Swansongster
8th October 2012, 01:03 PM

I backed It's A Dundeel at Randwick in the 5th. It duly saluted which may or may not be omenous considering our interesting trade period this year.

DLBIA14
8th October 2012, 02:05 PM
I asked him direct on Friday night. He gave me a look which gave me the impression somebody else had asked him and he couldn't understand why there was a perception he was out of contract.

I'm sure you didn't ask the particulars, but did you get the impression its was a new contract already signed or the fact that his initial contract was actually over 4 years?

Anyway, thanks for passing that on.

giant
8th October 2012, 06:22 PM

Well, just as long as you didn't start putting ideas in his head...there'll be hell to pay if he leaves now!

swansrule100
8th October 2012, 06:32 PM

Good enough for me

Though is that look easy to replicate, the i have a contract why are you asking look,

Auntie.Gerald
8th October 2012, 06:57 PM
if two pics is not commercially viable for Adelaide then Kennedy for Tippett is certainly not commercially viable for us by a long shot !!!

it aint going to happen !

we have been super smart with Tippett.........its out in the open........Adelaide has teh pressure on them to make it happen

we have minimal pressure as we can always walk away from the trade if need be

but we need significant key forward to be a true top 4 contender again in 2013...........it helps our ability to control games massively and Goodes is on his last legs

we had the best run of injuries I can remember for a long time...........the pies, Dons, Blues, West Coast had the worst year for injuries for some time !

Jeffers1984
4th February 2013, 10:57 PM
Interesting. Article just posted on afl.com.au about this years free agents. No mention of Kennedy, only Jude and Goodesy as our free agents this year.
Is there a minimum amount of years before a player can be determined as a free agent? This is Kennedy's 4th year with us right?

Stars galore in free agency list - AFL.com.au (http://www.afl.com.au/news/2013-02-04/stars-dominate-free-agency-list)

DLBIA14
4th February 2013, 11:08 PM
Interesting. Article just posted on afl.com.au about this years free agents. No mention of Kennedy, only Jude and Goodesy as our free agents this year.

Stars galore in free agency list - AFL.com.au (http://www.afl.com.au/news/2013-02-04/stars-dominate-free-agency-list)

Joey's not eligible I believe. He's only been in the system for 6 years and even then he has been at two clubs. Somewhere along the line however, the Swans did get him to sign a contract extension - he would have been off contract at the end of last year, but not a peep. It's good list management though cause we probably got him to extend before he realised he was going to be an All-Australian and b&f winner of our premiership team. :redface: :five: