PDA

View Full Version : Old School Swans Logo

bloodboy
13th October 2012, 10:11 PM
Hi everybody! Was needing a big favour. I was wondering if anybody knew where I could get my hands on a picture of the Swans logo from the early-mid nineties. I am wanting to get a tattoo of this to celebrate our wins but can't find it anywhere. It is a cartoon Swan picture with bulging muscles (sorry can't think of another way to describe it!!). It is kind of like the 2005 winning poster pic by Weg but it is just better! If anyone can point me in the right direction I would be forever grateful!!!

Cheers,

Bloodboy

Kirkari
13th October 2012, 10:23 PM
Like this?

https://shopdesq.imgstg.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=Product&ProductID=29266&OrgID=1752

If so, and if that's not a good enough image, I'd suggest you just email the club's media or marketing department and ask if they would give you a better version.

Mel
13th October 2012, 11:50 PM
I know the one you mean, I had a groovy bandana with it on ( I think) circa '95/'96. Emailing the club is probably your best bet.

goswannies
14th October 2012, 01:47 AM
sydney swans logo image - Google Search (http://www.google.com.au/search?q=sydney+swans+logo+image&hl=en&tbo=u&tbm=isch&source=univ&sa=X&ei=AH15UIPNE-yaiQfKi4DICw&ved=0CDQQsAQ&biw=320&bih=416#i=8)

Or this one?

http://item.mobileweb.ebay.com.au/viewitem?itemId=110819002441

If its either of these I can email you a high res scan of either of them

GongSwan
14th October 2012, 07:26 AM

BillyRayCypress
14th October 2012, 11:04 AM
Bloodboy, I think tatoos are so ho hum these days.

There was a time when they were rare and stood out. The thing of sailors and bad boys. These days every man, woman and dog is tatooed up to the eyeballs. Those ghastly sleeve tatoos that look like a horrible birth mark.

Its a personal thing but after looking at getting one myself I thought seriously why I am I doing this even if I do come up with something creative. Certainly not to be an individual.

Its nearly as bad as all those unimaginative people who spell their child's name strangely thinking that it will make them an individual. Individuality comes from within not from the outside.

I think a pendant or my own personally designed T-Shirt image would have greater impact in the community. You can take them off at the end of the day.

To me, even celebrating your footy teams Grand Final win is like having your partners name tatooed on yourself. All very bogan like. Not saying you are a bogan but when you see hundreds of either leathery middle aged women or people heavily tatooed down at the supermarket, it just gets a bit much for me.

However, that is just me. Good luck with it because it is for life.

It reminds me of an Aussie man who had his girlfriend's name "WENDY" tatooed on his private part. Well as life would have it, she drops the poor fella and leaves him extremely miserable. To try to alleviate the pain, he goes on a holiday to Jamaica.

One day out sight seeing, nature calls and he goes into the public loo. As he's standing there, a local Jamaican comes in a stands next to him. The Aussie guys glances across and sees the man has a tatoo in the same place.

The Aussie guy says - "Hey, I notice you have a girlfriend called Wendy too?"

The Jamaican says - "No man, its says WElcome to Jamaica and have a Nice DaY.

gloveski
14th October 2012, 11:30 AM
I dont mind this one Google Image Result for http://costasportslogos.com/sites/default/files/sydney-swans.jpg (http://www.google.com.au/imgres?q=sydney+swans+logo&hl=en&sa=X&noj=1&tbm=isch&prmd=imvns&tbnid=djFn788QFETLiM:&imgrefurl=http://costasportslogos.com/content/sydney-swans-afl&docid=6TI17_m4YttGvM&imgurl=http://costasportslogos.com/sites/default/files/sydney-swans.jpg&w=900&h=637&ei=vgV6UPT0KsWWiQftrIDgDA&zoom=1&iact=hc&vpx=1140&vpy=157&dur=8118&hovh=189&hovw=267&tx=153&ty=107&sig=108385517890912128682&page=1&tbnh=145&tbnw=207&start=0&ndsp=51&ved=1t:429,r:6,s:0,i:87&biw=1920&bih=979)

ScottH
14th October 2012, 11:31 AM
Just wearing your swans cap into a bar has immediate impact.
I was in the Cricketers bar at the Windsor yesterday afternoon, and several punters engaged me in conversation about the game, or gave me the thumbs up.
Was very pleasant.
And when I'm tired of the cap, I can take it off, or change it for a new one!!

ash3
14th October 2012, 12:05 PM
I just ran the Melbourne Marathon in the heritage jumper, I got heaps of cheers! Best thing is the run went past Lakeside Oval and finished on the MCG!! :-) Love it!!

ScottH
14th October 2012, 02:57 PM
I just ran the Melbourne Marathon in the heritage jumper, I got heaps of cheers! Best thing is the run went past Lakeside Oval and finished on the MCG!! :-) Love it!!

Well done on the Marathon.

bloodboy
15th October 2012, 07:57 AM
Thanks so much for your replies guys! The pic I am after is the one on the eBay link you posted goswannies the one on the first card!! If you can get your hands on a gif or jpg of that it would be awesome. Otherwise, I'll try to email the club like some have suggested.

Oh, and thanks for your advice Billy Ray,but I'm already loaded up with tattoos so this is not going to make me any more bogan. It will just serve to enhance my awesomeness. ;)

Thanks again everyone...and. GO BLOODBOYS!!!

Jewels
15th October 2012, 09:14 AM
Thanks so much for your replies guys! The pic I am after is the one on the eBay link you posted goswannies the one on the first card!! If you can get your hands on a gif or jpg of that it would be awesome. Otherwise, I'll try to email the club like some have suggested.

Oh, and thanks for your advice Billy Ray,but I'm already loaded up with tattoos so this is not going to make me any more bogan. It will just serve to enhance my awesomeness. ;)

Thanks again everyone...and. GO BLOODBOYS!!!

I heard Kieren Jack mention at the B and F that he and Hanners got premiership tatts so your in good company Bloodsboy.

dimelb
15th October 2012, 09:25 AM
Marathon ash3? Awesome!

goswannies
15th October 2012, 12:37 PM
Thanks so much for your replies guys! The pic I am after is the one on the eBay link you posted goswannies the one on the first card!! If you can get your hands on a gif or jpg of that it would be awesome.

PM'd you re: above

satchmopugdog
15th October 2012, 01:56 PM

Fantastic effort.....that is some achievement..the game lives on

goswannies
15th October 2012, 11:00 PM
If you PM me an email addy to send it to I'll scan & send a high res copy Tuesday

Big Al
16th October 2012, 04:50 AM

Congratulations ash....Well done.

I drove 42km last Sunday so we're sort of kindred spirits. ;)

ash3
16th October 2012, 08:51 PM
Haha! Love it Al!

Starting to feel somewhat human today after pretty much requiring a wheel chair yesterday!

I love wearing my jumpers (I have 2005 jumper with sigs, 1979 SM jumper (bought by my dad when I was born - adult size, he's a forward thinker!) and this years 30 years in Sydney jumper) any excuse at the moment, I still have swans stuff up in the windows of the house! (Even the wife has let me keep them up!)

Love it :-)