PDA

View Full Version : The human side of trade week

Xie Shan
24th October 2012, 11:04 PM
Thought this was quite timely with the Tippett saga that's been raging. No matter what shenanigans have been going on behind the scenes, I would hate to be in Kurt's or Jesse's shoes right now...

Driven to drink (http://www.afl.com.au/news/newsarticle/tabid/208/newsid/150204/default.aspx)

Black, now 33, said trade week in 2003 was among the most stressful weeks of his life. "The anxiety and lack of sleep during that week was not healthy at all," he told AFL.com.au.

After admitting that he's a "worrier" by nature, Black described a week in which he was on the phone to his manager several times a day in an attempt to discover whether a deal had been done.

Black said his marriage was on the rocks and he had to return to Perth or risk a walkout by his wife, who was pregnant with their second child.

Won't somebody please think of the players?!

ScottH
25th October 2012, 07:46 AM
I often wonder what players go through, especially the fringe ones who may be unexpectedly thrown on the trade table.

DamY
25th October 2012, 08:42 AM
Will there be a second round of delistings after trade week finishes?

ScottH
25th October 2012, 09:10 AM
There are 3 list lodgements up till end of Nov after trade week. So there is sure to be some others cut here and there.

Doctor
26th October 2012, 03:52 PM
You think this is tough, try finding a Youth League soccer club for your son when you're not "connected".

I do agree that it must be hard on the players involved.