PDA

View Full Version : TDL Gorrrrrn

penga
26th October 2012, 01:51 PM
Hurrah!!

TPR4
26th October 2012, 01:54 PM
No issues for me. 47 is a bit of a lottery pick but we have a great record lately around there (Reid 39, Parker 40-odd and AJ 57-odd). Morton, McGlynn, Rohan and hopefully Lamb ahead of him in similar mid-sized roles. And he can't tackle. Wonder if in the last 6 minutes we have a deal lined up to use 47 on a player. Doubt it.

barry
26th October 2012, 02:04 PM
No issues for me. 47 is a bit of a lottery pick but we have a great record lately around there (Reid 39, Parker 40-odd and AJ 57-odd). Morton, McGlynn, Rohan and hopefully Lamb ahead of him in similar mid-sized roles. And he can't tackle. Wonder if in the last 6 minutes we have a deal lined up to use 47 on a player. Doubt it.

Cleared out a fair bit of dead wood this trade period. We seemed to be carrying a large number of stand-by players this year. TDL, Seaby, White etc, Which is a luxury at the best of times. They had to make a name for themselves in 2012 or be gone. Morton, Pyke did, the others didnt

Nico
26th October 2012, 02:17 PM
Cleared out a fair bit of dead wood this trade period. We seemed to be carrying a large number of stand-by players this year. TDL, Seaby, White etc, Which is a luxury at the best of times. They had to make a name for themselves in 2012 or be gone. Morton, Pyke did, the others didnt

Concur. Good work I reckon. Makes me think Jude will soldier on.

Alan
26th October 2012, 02:25 PM
I have been a fan of TDL's work. sob, sob

BillyRayCypress
26th October 2012, 02:25 PM
Jesse remains on our list

Big Al
26th October 2012, 02:32 PM
I have been a fan of TDL's work. sob, sob

Sadly undoes all his smart forward play by being as soft as hot butter at AFL level. Has had 3 years to harden up but has failed to do so. He'll fit in well at the Saints I think .

Doctor
26th October 2012, 02:35 PM
I'm sad to see him go but I'd have asked for a trade if I were him. Good luck to you TDL!

magic.merkin
26th October 2012, 02:37 PM
ah wells.

best of luck. Beautiful set shot.

msb
26th October 2012, 03:00 PM
Yeah another one (like spangher) who would struggle to get a game barring injuries. Nice kick but thats about it really, saints can have him.

Primmy
26th October 2012, 03:06 PM
Sadly undoes all his smart forward play by being as soft as hot butter at AFL level. Has had 3 years to harden up but has failed to do so. He'll fit in well at the Saints I think .Meow.

I said somewhere else that I hoped Jesse's trip to Adelaide was a visit to Port. He would have been a good fit there, but no. Looks like he is still on our books. It may be the making of him. We have had glimpses of what he can achieve. He said the penny had dropped at last.

The other think I am mightily impressed with is his silence during the this mess. He is a tweeter too.

snajik
26th October 2012, 03:07 PM
Sadly undoes all his smart forward play by being as soft as hot butter at AFL level. Has had 3 years to harden up but has failed to do so. He'll fit in well at the Saints I think .

Hmmm. Seem to recall him winning us a final against Carlton with a more than solid tackle. Has a lot of talent but struggled to cement a spot in side that is flying. I'm sad that he's gone.

Big Al
26th October 2012, 03:19 PM
Hmmm. Seem to recall him winning us a final against Carlton with a more than solid tackle. Has a lot of talent but struggled to cement a spot in side that is flying. I'm sad that he's gone.

Yep it was a terrific tackle. Not something he repeated all that often in the reserves nor when he was given a chance at senior level. I wish him well but he's just doesn't have the required toughness to play Swans football.

ScottH
26th October 2012, 03:20 PM
Jesse remains on our list

Tippet may have saved his bacon.

ScottH
26th October 2012, 03:21 PM
Sad to see him go, but was never getting a chance and may not have got any next year either.

Good luck to him.

Captain
26th October 2012, 03:28 PM
Shame about TDL, I was and still am a massive fan. Natural footballer.

ernie koala
26th October 2012, 03:37 PM
Yeah, I'm a little disappointed to see him go..... but he would of had limited opportunities behind Morton, McGlynn, Rohan etc..

DamY
26th October 2012, 03:58 PM
His defensive pressure was pretty non-existent in his seniors games this year. I know Jetta was similar for a while too but I guess he made up with kicking goals a fair bit.

Maybe he's a confidence player and just wasn't able to string enough games together to get that confidence.

AnnieH
26th October 2012, 04:34 PM

Gold, Al.
Gold.

Dogzbody
26th October 2012, 05:13 PM
Sad to see him go. 24 year old, who I still believe is one of the prettiest set shots I've seen and I think will still have a very good career. Watched him at Manuka in the ressies GF and thought he was a class above the rest. Good for him though, as others have said, will be hard for him to get a seniors start in 2013 with the others around.

Swansinger
26th October 2012, 06:46 PM
Drat ! Sad to lose a player about whom we have a Beatles song ! Jude better stay !

Bennymno4
26th October 2012, 07:56 PM
Sad to see him go. 24 year old, who I still believe is one of the prettiest set shots I've seen

Pretty? Pretty lazy, that us why he is at the saints. Refuses to do the work required by a blood.

GoRhino
27th October 2012, 07:32 AM

Agree with Big Al, an apt description of TDL. He lacked the main ingredient. However, good luck to him.

Nolie
27th October 2012, 12:05 PM
Amused by the comments of the armchair brigade who are pontificating about the hardness required for an AFL player (nay even a "blood"). As if they would know. Disappointed to see TDL go but the writing was on the wall with the depth of the Swans - Everitt, Spangher, White, Morton, Armstrong etc- and with Morton stepping up at the end there was seemingly not a lot of hope. Has been a gun at WAFL level and played some good games for the Swans when he had his chance. Had one really bad clanger which everyone seems to be hanging their judgements on. Hope he does well with the Saints - except when he plays Sydney of course.

jono2707
27th October 2012, 12:26 PM
Pretty? Pretty lazy, that us why he is at the saints. Refuses to do the work required by a blood.

What exactly did he 'refuse' to do? I wasn't aware of him doing anything to get himself offside with the coaching staff? Anyway I always thought he was too undersized to play his role, and he certainly isn't the in and under type. Good luck to him at his new club although I'm still scratching my head as to why the Saints felt the need to get him....

Big Al
27th October 2012, 01:31 PM
Amused by the comments of the armchair brigade who are pontificating about the hardness required for an AFL player (nay even a "blood"). As if they would know. Disappointed to see TDL go but the writing was on the wall with the depth of the Swans - Everitt, Spangher, White, Morton, Armstrong etc- and with Morton stepping up at the end there was seemingly not a lot of hope. Has been a gun at WAFL level and played some good games for the Swans when he had his chance. Had one really bad clanger which everyone seems to be hanging their judgements on. Hope he does well with the Saints - except when he plays Sydney of course.

Not sure of the clanger you speak of but my opinion is based on watching a lot of reserves football. He just didn't impact the contest hard enough nor chase hard enough to have an impact at AFL level. He's terrific to watch at NEAFL level because he is a smart footballer but he failed to do those pressure things that a Swans forwards are required to do. Hope that clarifies why I don't think he's hard enough to play Swans football.

Wish him all the best though.

Nico
27th October 2012, 01:52 PM
Not sure of the clanger you speak of but my opinion is based on watching a lot of reserves football. He just didn't impact the contest hard enough nor chase hard enough to have an impact at AFL level. He's terrific to watch at NEAFL level because he is a smart footballer but he failed to do those pressure things that a Swans forwards are required to do. Hope that clarifies why I don't think he's hard enough to play Swans football.

Wish him all the best though.

Al, there were 2 in one pre season game against Collingwood at the Dome in Melbourne. The ball was kicked towards or to him and for whatever reason he ducked his head when he should have stood his ground and taken the mark. It was always his to take. The second was on the HFF when he, lets say, didn't go for the chest mark and allowed a Pies player to take it. It was glaring and I reckon he got the word big time after that, because from memory he didn't get a senior game for a while after that.

Primmy
27th October 2012, 02:00 PM
Not sure of the clanger you speak of but my opinion is based on watching a lot of reserves football. He just didn't impact the contest hard enough nor chase hard enough to have an impact at AFL level. He's terrific to watch at NEAFL level because he is a smart footballer but he failed to do those pressure things that a Swans forwards are required to do. Hope that clarifies why I don't think he's hard enough to play Swans football. Unfortunately BA's paragraph is a pretty concise precise of the ressiewatchers observations over the last year ++. Floating like a butterfly and sometimes stinging like a bee isn't enough in AFL.

It should be noted that MM shifted himself once it was pointed out to him he had an issue, and look where it got him.

jetts32
27th October 2012, 04:15 PM
Honestly, I'm a little bit sad that we traded TDL, the kid only played 19 games for us and kicked 30 goals, I was hoping to see a "mini Goodes (Jetta) and Micky O (TDL)" I think we should've have him more of a chance, I guess this was like a veszpremi thing, he impressed me during the games he played, but there was obviously something else keeping him out, I hope TDL smashes it at St Kilda, I also hope Veszpremi gets moved from the bulldogs to the foward line (where he belongs) and makes us regret trading them both.

Panttz
27th October 2012, 04:32 PM
TDL would be a great player if he rounded out the rest of his game. That's why he didn't play more games for us, he just didn't tackle and harass enough (apart from that one tackle in that final against Carlton...)

jetts32
27th October 2012, 04:35 PM
Yeah that's what everyone's said but if you look at he's last game for us (I think) he applied a good tackle and set up Shane Mumford for a goal, he doesn't tackle much, but when he does, goal! Haha

jetts32
27th October 2012, 04:36 PM
And how good was that tackle and goal against Carlton! If I remember correctly it pretty much won us the game?

longmile
28th October 2012, 12:03 AM
Very sad to see him go. Always have a soft spot for small forwards and for a stint there he was my favorite player.
Good luck at the Saint's TDL

goswannie14
28th October 2012, 07:26 AM
Cleared out a fair bit of dead wood this trade period. We seemed to be carrying a large number of stand-by players this year. TDL, Seaby, White etc, Which is a luxury at the best of times. They had to make a name for themselves in 2012 or be gone. Morton, Pyke did, the others didntThis is the best of times!!!

BillyRayCypress
28th October 2012, 09:50 AM
This is the best of times!!!

I thought at first you were referring to a great Styx song.

God loves Athiests because they never bother him with their problems.