View Full Version : draft order as at 3pm - 26th Oct 2012

Auntie.Gerald
26th October 2012, 03:30 PM
INDICATIVE NAB AFL Draft order as at October 26, 2012

ROUND ONE
1. Greater Western Sydney
2. Greater Western Sydney
3. Greater Western Sydney
4. Melbourne (GWS compensation - Tom Scully)
5. Western Bulldogs
6. Western Bulldogs (GWS compensation - Callan Ward)
7. Port Adelaide
8. Brisbane Lions
9. Richmond
10. Essendon (father-son selection committed to Joe Daniher)
11. Carlton
12. Greater Western Sydney
13. Gold Coast (Saints' FA compensation - Brendon Goddard, on-traded to Gold Coast)
14. Greater Western Sydney
15. North Melbourne
16. Geelong
17. Fremantle
18. Collingwood
19. Collingwood
20. Adelaide
21. Collingwood (GWS compensation - originally via Adelaide - Phil Davis)
22. Western Bulldogs
23. Sydney Swans

45. Sydney Swans

47. Sydney Swans

66. Sydney Swans (Via Hawthorn - FA compensation - Clinton Young)

67. Sydney Swans

103. Sydney Swans

121. Sydney Swans

139. Sydney Swans
for sydneyswans.com.au

Plus we now only have 32 players on the list

delisted or traded so far are

Seaby
Meredith
Nippa
TDL
Spang
Heath
Moore
McNeil
Eugene
the basketballer?
others

Would that be approx $800k pa savings ready for the draftees ? given that Seabs was on reportly $300k pa ?

BillyRayCypress
26th October 2012, 05:17 PM
That's about right. The average 7 off the senior list.

stellation
26th October 2012, 05:33 PM
Well I've certainly been hanging out for this! It's now 5:30, just to confirm- has the order changed yet?

stellation
26th October 2012, 05:57 PM
Seaby: $300k***
Meredith: $67*
Nippa: $67*
TDL: $67*
Spang: $67*
Heath: $41k
Moore: $67*
McNeil: $41k**
Eugene: $41k**

Purely based on what we definitely know (and Seaby's rumoured salary!) we're at $758k spare. I think it's fair to say that TDL, Spangher, Moore and possibly Meredith were above the minimum- I expect the first two (I think TDL has re-signed with us at some point to a new contract?) were on at least $150, and Moore probably the same- so if you factor those increases in then we're probably at about $1 million free at least... add on the COL expense possibly to that figure? ;)

Those numbers are pretty conservative, I understand most players are on a fair bit over the minimum.

*2011 CBA base payment (some of them may be 2nd year players, can't remember)
**2012 CBA Rookie Wage
*** Rumoured buckeroos

Captain
26th October 2012, 08:09 PM
Why don't GC get a pick near the top for coming 2nd last??

Dan
26th October 2012, 08:14 PM
Why don't GC get a pick near the top for coming 2nd last??

They traded Pick 2 to GWS for a mini-draft selection, allowing them to get a 17 yr old eligible to play in 2014. I think.

goswannie14
26th October 2012, 09:00 PM
Why don't GC get a pick near the top for coming 2nd last??Because they're as good at the draft as they are at playing football.

Bloods05
26th October 2012, 09:05 PM
What do you mean, "the basketballer"? Starling's still coming, isn't he?

sharp9
27th October 2012, 06:32 AM
Confused, I'm afraid...how many delisted from senior list? 6 - Meredith, Moore, Seaby, Gordon, Spangher, Dennis-Lane.
Rookie list 4 - Heath, O'Neil, Kruger, Lynch
Alex Starling is not on the list....he's HOPING to get on the list this season.

So that means we have 32 on Senior list at the moment. From memory 38 is the minimum and 40 the maximum (but only if you have veterans...which we do).
Did I hear right that the rookie list is being cut to 3 this year??? That would not include Internationals and Sydney zone selections, though.

So we could draft as many as 8 players at the ND!!!!! But more likely to be 3 knowing us...maybe pick up a free agent from the de-listings and leave one spot for Kurt in the pre-season draft. So picks 23, 45, 47, 66 and 67 in play at the moment. Phew!

Auntie.Gerald
27th October 2012, 08:04 AM
ooops

Auntie.Gerald
27th October 2012, 08:05 AM
so the starting team in 2013 probably reveals the types of players we might be recruiting as the guys in RED are primarily 29,30,31,32 or 33 yrs of age......we either feel we have ready made players in our ranks as I have hazarded a guess at or we will need more players from the outside to help fill the voids !

McGlynn, LRT, Pyke
Jude, Reid, Goodes

Mummy
Kennedy
Jack
Jetts
Macca
ROK

Mal, Grundy, Shaw
Smithy, Ted, AJ

Bench:

Bird, Parker, Morton, Hannes, Mattner, Rohan

So you would think the ready made replacements could be:

Jude = Mitchell
Shaw = Armstrong, Alex Brown or Cunningham ie Reece was no bigger then Cunningham in his early years.......as mentioned maybe Rohan could do this role?
ROK = Parker
Goodes = Andrejs, Walsh or White ........but only half as good if you are lucky hence us chasing Tippett as a KP forward
Mattner = Lockyear?
Ted = AJ
LRT = Walsh or a Starling
Mal = Lamb only if we have a stack of midfielders and or we are struggling

So season 2015 line could look like the following not including Starling or other drafted or traded players

McGlynn, White?, Pyke
Parker, Reid, Rohan

Mummy
Kennedy
Hannes
Jetts
Jack
Macca

Armstrong, Grundy, Brown
Smithy, AJ, Lockyear

Bench: Mitchell, Morton, Lamb, Andrejs, Cunningham, Walsh

AnnieH
29th October 2012, 10:20 AM
Goodes = Andrejs, Walsh or White ........but only half as good if you are lucky hence us chasing Tippett as a KP forward

Serious?
Andrejs, Walsh AND White still don't make one Goodesy.

We'll never get another like Goodesy!!

Auntie.Gerald
29th October 2012, 06:19 PM
hi annie

i wasnt saying they could replace goods as far as quality............i was simply comparing who may takeover a role unless we trade or recruit etc

swansrob
29th October 2012, 06:48 PM
so the starting team in 2013 probably reveals the types of players we might be recruiting as the guys in RED are primarily 29,30,31,32 or 33 yrs of age......we either feel we have ready made players in our ranks as I have hazarded a guess at or we will need more players from the outside to help fill the voids !

McGlynn, LRT, Pyke
Jude, Reid, Goodes

Mummy
Kennedy
Jack
Jetts
Macca
ROK

Mal, Grundy, Shaw
Smithy, Ted, AJ

Bench:

Bird, Parker, Morton, Hannes, Mattner, Rohan

So you would think the ready made replacements could be:

Jude = Mitchell
Shaw = Armstrong, Alex Brown or Cunningham ie Reece was no bigger then Cunningham in his early years.......as mentioned maybe Rohan could do this role?
ROK = Parker
Mattner = Lockyear?
Ted = AJ
LRT = Walsh or a Starling
Mal = Lamb only if we have a stack of midfielders and or we are struggling

So season 2015 line could look like the following not including Starling or other drafted or traded players

McGlynn, White?, Pyke
Parker, Reid, Rohan

Mummy
Kennedy
Hannes
Jetts
Jack
Macca

Armstrong, Grundy, Brown
Smithy, AJ, Lockyear

Bench: Mitchell, Morton, Lamb, Andrejs, Cunningham, Walsh

Why on earth are you speculating on the 2015 line up before our 2013 list is finalised?

Auntie.Gerald
29th October 2012, 07:10 PM
"so the starting team in 2013 probably reveals the types of players we might be recruiting.......... as the guys in RED are primarily 29,30,31,32 or 33 yrs of age......we either feel we have ready made players in our ranks as I have hazarded a guess at or we will need more players from the outside to help fill the voids"

29th October 2012, 10:07 PM
Why on earth are you speculating on the 2015 line up before our 2013 list is finalised?

Yeh, a bloody lot of list building at the Swans to happen over the next six weeks after that massive purge!

Might start a new thread, hmmmmm ...........................

Ludwig
30th October 2012, 12:38 AM
We are not the only team with big cleanouts. Much bigger names have gone from other clubs than the one's the swans have dropped.

liz
30th October 2012, 07:44 AM
We are not the only team with big cleanouts. Much bigger names have gone from other clubs than the one's the swans have dropped.

Yep, the Pies have cleared more from their list than we have, though they did get a couple of players in via free agency.