PDA

View Full Version : As much as I hate to say it...

Cheer Cheer
26th February 2003, 09:50 PM
Scott Stevens imo is going to be the standout youngster marking his mark on the competition from the swans.

While I am wrapt for the kid and would love him to mark a big mark on the competition, I am sad.

I am sad because, I was hoping for a bolter from the midfield to make their mark ie - a bolton or a kennelly, unfortunately both have in my eyes made no progress and kennelly looks like to have gone backwards atm.

Alas I havent seen fosdike yet, and it is probably a bit early for this thread, but imo, this is the way it is going to turn out at this stage.

Our forward line has so much talent, what I am saying is I wish we had a standout or two from the midfield department, but it looks like a forward will be our star youngster, when we really need a midfield bolter.

Fair call ?

desredandwhite
26th February 2003, 09:58 PM
I'm rapt for Stevo as I've been talking him up the last couple of years ;-) Hopefully he can continue his form into the H&A season!

Re: Kennelly, perhaps it's a possibility that he's not as used to returning to footy as the other guys. Hasn't been playing as long, so takes a little bit extra to get back into it - not forgetting that he played Gaelic Footy and international rules over the off-season too. Hope that's all it is anyway! :)

snajik
27th February 2003, 12:27 PM
Originally posted by Cheer Cheer
it is probably a bit early for this thread, but imo, this is the way it is going to turn out at this stage.

Fair call ?

Yes indeedy, way to early. Kennelly had an ordinary start to last season as well. His game against Adelaide at FP was a shocker. I think way too much is being read into a couple of pre season games by way too many posters. Allow the team a little time to settle and I'm sure that we will see some midfield bolters who will join Scotty.

It could be said that O'Keefe and Fixter were also ordinary against the Lions but I'm sure they will also fire in due course.

gloveski
28th February 2003, 02:52 PM
what number was stevens drafted at

Dpw
28th February 2003, 09:27 PM
Steven's has a long way to go, young talls often standout in the pre-season(as he has last two preseason's) but come the real season fall away.

I hope Steven's is a reqular - anyone that comes from Perth footy club deserves success.

Charlie
28th February 2003, 09:31 PM
I think he was #21 at the 99 draft.

Ajn
1st March 2003, 11:00 AM
yes it was there abouts, and he is starting to show us why he was an early pick. Don't rush into judgements on players yet. I too expect better, but if you remember '96 we didn't start well, yet we finished on top of the ladder at round 22's conclusion. Not that that will be the case, but just be patient and let these young swans find their feet away from our previous superstars.

Cheer Cheer
1st March 2003, 01:30 PM
Originally posted by Dpw
Steven's has a long way to go, young talls often standout in the pre-season(as he has last two preseason's) but come the real season fall away.

If your refering to Stevens falling away in the real season , well you are way off.
When Stevens made his mark in the wizard cup last year, for some unknown reason, which was quite a strong talking point on RWO, Stevens hardly got a go under Eade. When he did have limited game time he did really well. To this day I think we are still pondering how the hell stevens didnt get more game time last year. Even when plugger retired and we all thought he would be a definate regular he still didnt get a go.
Believe me, Stevens will be a standout for sydney this year, as shown he could be last year in the real season.