PDA

View Full Version : WELCOME TIM MEMBREY!

swanspant12
22nd November 2012, 07:55 PM
geez we have got a jet on our hands ladies and gentlemen! strong forward, love the look of him.

Tim Membrey Highlights - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0UyxO_RSmrE)

hope you have a good and successful career at the bloods timmy!

DeadlyAkkuret
22nd November 2012, 07:59 PM
Massive get.

giant
22nd November 2012, 08:40 PM
Not sure about the tatts. Not really our thing....

Auntie.Gerald
22nd November 2012, 08:46 PM
imagine how hard tim will be puffing after the beach sprint sessions in December !!!!

hey yah !

:idea:

DeadlyAkkuret
22nd November 2012, 08:51 PM
Am I one of the few who just don't give a @@@@ if he has tats? Seriously what world are we living in where that even matters. Walker has a mullet ffs and is called The Bogan, would we not want him at the Swans?

Cant turn right
22nd November 2012, 08:57 PM
Looks tough nut regardless of the tatts. I like the look of him

Triple B
22nd November 2012, 09:04 PM
Everything about him reminds me of Barry Hall. Mannerisms, looks, socks down, the lot, even down to the bad tatt.

Hope he is as good...

stellation
22nd November 2012, 09:31 PM
Really surprised he fell that far and stoked that we picked him up. Great prospect!

MightyBloods
22nd November 2012, 10:02 PM
Everything about him reminds me of Barry Hall. Mannerisms, looks, socks down, the lot, even down to the bad tatt.

Hope he is as good...

I mentioned to a mate of mine earlier in the year to watch out for him after I saw the U/18s in Melbourne. My mate is a Pies supporter and I best described him as being a Dane Swan lookalike but more powerful. Now he's a Swan....reminds me of the same type of player as ROK..just needs to develop his tank.

ned
22nd November 2012, 10:19 PM
I love the look of this kid, and lets not forget there have been some pretty handy key forwards who were no taller than he is (think Andrew Walker, Brad Johnson, Russell Robertson). Playing deep forward he looks like he might be a very tough match up, either too fast of too strong for the opposition. If all else fails get him to tag Keiran Jack for a pre-season and set him loose in the midfield :P

Melbourne_Blood
22nd November 2012, 10:26 PM
He's not much shorter than Fevola, even Tex is only 191 or 192cm. If your good enough you can be a power leading forward at his height. He looks to have the right shape for it.

swanspant12
22nd November 2012, 10:35 PM
Heard his interview on SEN. Sounds like a true country footballer, who was a plumber now AFL player. Said he's very grateful, dad had tears in his eyes and said he worked so hard with a few ups and downs to become an AFL player. Welcome timmy!

wolftone57
22nd November 2012, 10:40 PM
I love the look of this kid, and lets not forget there have been some pretty handy key forwards who were no taller than he is (think Andrew Walker, Brad Johnson, Russell Robertson). Playing deep forward he looks like he might be a very tough match up, either too fast of too strong for the opposition. If all else fails get him to tag Keiran Jack for a pre-season and set him loose in the midfield :P

He is about the Modra size maybe a bit taller but much bigger built. Very strong mark and lost of grunt. I think he may be a good prospect as a leading/marking Full forward especially with Tippett likely to go west. there are a few wraps on this kid so I hope he is as good as has been said.

MightyBloods
23rd November 2012, 12:32 AM
He is about the Modra size maybe a bit taller but much bigger built. Very strong mark and lost of grunt. I think he may be a good prospect as a leading/marking Full forward especially with Tippett likely to go west. there are a few wraps on this kid so I hope he is as good as has been said.

Tippett likely to go west?
I'll be astounded if GWS pick Tippett...a guy who will cost them millions and who doesn't want to wear their jumper......and mix that with putting him in the middle of their young list as a reluctant recruit! Not gonna happen.

mcs
23rd November 2012, 09:32 AM
Heard his interview on SEN. Sounds like a true country footballer, who was a plumber now AFL player. Said he's very grateful, dad had tears in his eyes and said he worked so hard with a few ups and downs to become an AFL player. Welcome timmy!

Sounds like a mighty good ruckman we have that used to have a taste for a lot of sausages in one go! Sounds like it was very unexpected for him to still be available that late in the draft. A nice, feel good story, and no doubt our club will do the best to get the best possible results from him.

Triple B
23rd November 2012, 09:46 AM
He is about the Modra size maybe a bit taller but much bigger built.....

You like the Modra comparisons Wolfy.

I sense there was a mancrush way back when...

Primmy
23rd November 2012, 10:17 AM
I like the idea of another plumber in the mix. Been a while since Kell graced the SCG.
Tim and Jesse can compare tatts.....
Tim and LRT can go surfing.

win/win/win

Dosser
23rd November 2012, 10:19 AM
Modra was a smarter version of Warwick Capper who could kick more than 40m. I used to LOVE watching him.

ShockOfHair
23rd November 2012, 10:53 AM
The biggest slider in the draft. Was expected to go in the first round.

(He's an apprentice carpenter.)

https://www.afl.com.au/news/newsarticle/tabid/208/newsid/151615/default.aspx

Dosser
23rd November 2012, 11:04 AM
He may be an apprentice carpenter, but he's not the messiah.

23rd November 2012, 11:24 AM
I know it's easy to talk yourself into things but Tim looks a steal at pick 46. Everything I read pre draft had him going late teens/early 20s. If he is even close to being as good as Darling who is a similar type we will have done well.

Welcome Tim, I'm sure you'll fit in with us just fine and have a great career alongside Reid and Tippett! Looking forward to seeing you in action.

ugg
23rd November 2012, 11:51 AM
Nice work.

Primmy
23rd November 2012, 02:09 PM
I must be mistaken as the RedandWhiters have spoken, but Membrey thinks he is an apprentice plumber! He said so, using words to the effect that

" I am an apprentice plumber "

An easy mistake for me to make thinking he is actually in the plumbing game when I am being reliably informed by you mob he is actually a carpenter........:clap:

Someone better let Tim know he doesn't know what he is talking about.....

Doctor
23rd November 2012, 02:22 PM
Hopefully in 12 years we'll be thanking him for the Membreys...

ABloodsMan
23rd November 2012, 02:25 PM
Insane in the Membreyne... :)

Red
23rd November 2012, 05:16 PM

Hope he is as good...
Thought exactly the same thing. Looks very serious out there, even grim.

Red
23rd November 2012, 05:17 PM
Insane in the Membreyne... :)
Insane in the brain!!!

stellation
23rd November 2012, 05:42 PM
He's just a naughty boy, hence the tatts.

Bloody Hell
23rd November 2012, 06:00 PM
He may not be tall enough for a KP, but he seems to have extra long arms, much like Parker, to make up for it.

He will fill out to be a massive unit. Shame he's not 5cm taller - but if we get Tippett, will make a great 3rd tall, and if we don't maybe FF.

DamY
23rd November 2012, 06:52 PM
What's up with all the tatt hatred? Goodesy and ROK have em, as does Malceski. There may be wanker dickheads with tattoos, but there also are a lot of wanker dickheads without tattoos. Let's judge him by his actions, not by our prejudices.

Triple B
23rd November 2012, 06:55 PM
I think tatts in general aren't the issue, it's just this particular tatt.

It's a shocker.

swans
23rd November 2012, 06:56 PM
This kicks 58m goals ' kicks better fevola . He going to be a gun a real footy player third tall that the swans need. he need to work hard in the in the seconds this year and swans will get this kid up 2014 looking good add tippett and we hope plan is done.

Tim review
Read this and you know why we are happy to get him.

Power forward Membrey makes an impact

Big wraps: Gippsland Power coach Nick Stevens says Tim Membrey is a more accurate kick for goal than Brendon Fevola.@Source:@Herald SunTIM Membrey's September was over almost before it started.The power forward decided to pull the boots on for Gippsland Power 20 minutes before its qualifying final after not training because of a groin injury.A month later and the Traralgon lad was locked in as a first-round draft pick.Likened as a player to West Coast's Jack Darling, Membrey kicked 8.2 in the preliminary final to drag Gippsland to the grand final, where his fourth goal handed the Power a last-quarter lead."It was awesome. One of the best efforts I've seen, from a junior footballer," Power coach Nick Stevens said of his captain's haul."He was marking really strongly. He beat everyone that came to him. They had two on one in the end and he was still catching everything."He kicked three goals from outside 50m at crunch times and one from about 58m to put us in front."Stevens said Membrey was a better kick for goal than Brendan Fevola."He's such a powerful and penetrating kick for a kid his age and he just doesn't miss many," he said.Recruiters have told Membrey to work on his endurance as he is too short to hold down a key position.While Darling was pick No.26, Stevens said Membrey deserved to go in the top 10."I rate him as a top-10 pick and think it'd be crazy if he doesn't go top 10," he said."He'll end up being a high half-forward and he's ready. I've got no doubt he'll line up (for) Round 1 next year."

swanspant12
23rd November 2012, 07:17 PM
This kicks 58m goals ' kicks better fevola . He going to be a gun a real footy player third tall that the swans need. he need to work hard in the in the seconds this year and swans will get this kid up 2014 looking good add tippett and we hope plan is done.

Tim review
Read this and you know why we are happy to get him.

Power forward Membrey makes an impact

Big wraps: Gippsland Power coach Nick Stevens says Tim Membrey is a more accurate kick for goal than Brendon Fevola.@Source:@Herald SunTIM Membrey's September was over almost before it started.The power forward decided to pull the boots on for Gippsland Power 20 minutes before its qualifying final after not training because of a groin injury.A month later and the Traralgon lad was locked in as a first-round draft pick.Likened as a player to West Coast's Jack Darling, Membrey kicked 8.2 in the preliminary final to drag Gippsland to the grand final, where his fourth goal handed the Power a last-quarter lead."It was awesome. One of the best efforts I've seen, from a junior footballer," Power coach Nick Stevens said of his captain's haul."He was marking really strongly. He beat everyone that came to him. They had two on one in the end and he was still catching everything."He kicked three goals from outside 50m at crunch times and one from about 58m to put us in front."Stevens said Membrey was a better kick for goal than Brendan Fevola."He's such a powerful and penetrating kick for a kid his age and he just doesn't miss many," he said.Recruiters have told Membrey to work on his endurance as he is too short to hold down a key position.While Darling was pick No.26, Stevens said Membrey deserved to go in the top 10."I rate him as a top-10 pick and think it'd be crazy if he doesn't go top 10," he said."He'll end up being a high half-forward and he's ready. I've got no doubt he'll line up (for) Round 1 next year."

There is no doubt The Big M is gonna be a gun. He is a good size, has good strength and is hard at it. I hope he gets games next year. I seriously have high hopes for this bloke.

23rd November 2012, 08:00 PM
Wow, massive words by Nick Stevens. We may have snagged a steal a la Parker in 2010. Picks in the 40s have been very good for us, let's hope it continues.

Kirkari
23rd November 2012, 08:40 PM
What's up with all the tatt hatred? Goodesy and ROK have em, as does Malceski. There may be wanker dickheads with tattoos, but there also are a lot of wanker dickheads without tattoos. Let's judge him by his actions, not by our prejudices.

What's up with the tatt hatred? They're ugly. It's an opinion.

Haven't seen Goodesy's or ROK's. Mal's are mental (IMO) but at least they're almost entirely under his shirt. Tim looks like he lay down on a magazine with a Captain Morgan's ad in it. Jesse's an artiste, so at least his are original, but I still don't like them. Most of the team probably have them now as there was a bit of a "premiership tattoo" frenzy. Whatever - boys will be boys.

That said, Tim looks like a pretty exciting pick up, so if the tattoo is the worst thing about him, I am quite sure I will find a way to overlook it. Can't wait to see him in action.

ShockOfHair
23rd November 2012, 09:12 PM
I must be mistaken as the RedandWhiters have spoken, but Membrey thinks he is an apprentice plumber! He said so, using words to the effect that

" I am an apprentice plumber "

An easy mistake for me to make thinking he is actually in the plumbing game when I am being reliably informed by you mob he is actually a carpenter........:clap:

Someone better let Tim know he doesn't know what he is talking about.....

I was quoting from the AFL website so no chance of a mistake there!

swanspant12
23rd November 2012, 09:20 PM
I was quoting from the AFL website so no chance of a mistake there!

The AFL never make mistakes do they? He's an apprentice plumber, I was just listening to his interview on SEN.

Primmy
23rd November 2012, 10:04 PM
The ressiewatchers are in for a bit of fun in 2013 aren't we.
I like him.

ABloodsMan
23rd November 2012, 11:06 PM
He worked for a business called Jims Plumbing or something. It's in his herald sun interview.

jono2707
24th November 2012, 01:24 AM
There is no doubt The Big M is gonna be a gun. He is a good size, has good strength and is hard at it. I hope he gets games next year. I seriously have high hopes for this bloke.

Me too - I don't have great expectations of the other draftees, but Membrey is different. He has something. A bit of mongrel and the skill to back it up. I think he can contribute something in 2013.....

Nico
24th November 2012, 09:34 AM
Strong in the body and holds his ground in a contest. Hard to see him being a KPF in the big time but certainly a half forward whose role could be as a mobile half forward. Would give defenders a tough time. I think though he looks like a tough type of midfielder when he builds his tank.

stellation
24th November 2012, 10:27 AM
Strong in the body and holds his ground in a contest. Hard to see him being a KPF in the big time but certainly a half forward whose role could be as a mobile half forward. Would give defenders a tough time. I think though he looks like a tough type of midfielder when he builds his tank.
Dare I say it, but we had a lot of success with a young ROK playing as an upground, leading hall forward that basically ran CHF leading patterns to provide an avenue to goal and clear space to allow a pretty stacked forward line to operate with room on the SCG.

If he comes close to being able to play a similar role over the next few years I'd be pretty happy.

liz
24th November 2012, 10:33 AM
Dare I say it, but we had a lot of success with a young ROK playing as an upground, leading hall forward that basically ran CHF leading patterns to provide an avenue to goal and clear space to allow a pretty stacked forward line to operate with room on the SCG.

If he comes close to being able to play a similar role over the next few years I'd be pretty happy.

It took ROK several pre-seasons to develop the tank to play that role effectively. He was drafted in 1999 (I think) and didn't really establish himself in the senior team until 2003, and then took another year or two before he really perfected that role. He did have some niggling injuries and a family tragedy to overcome in his first few years, which may have slowed his progress a little, but still, if we do hope that is the kind of role Membrey might eventually play, we will need to be patient for him to grow into it.

wolftone57
24th November 2012, 01:39 PM

He is better built than all of them and taller the Johnson. He looks very strong but the proof will be when he gets an AFL game and if he can deliver the same strength there then we have a very good pick up. He can snap and kick a running goal so he is not a one faceted. Old fashioned lead up FF with a very strong marking style. Will need to time his run a bit more at AFL level as teams usually have a strong intercept player (we use Marty in this role). But we should find out how good he is in the NAB Cup. Very exciting prospect and tipped to go far earlier in the draft so I think we pulled off another great draft pick, time will tell.

wolftone57
24th November 2012, 01:52 PM
He might be only 189cm but plays very much like an in between of Dunstall and Modra. His leadingf is super and he is very strong in the marking contest. he doesn't seem to have the flashiness of Mods but his leading style. Darling is a good example of this style but this bloke has the Dunstall strength. I would play him as an old fashioned short FF and get him to lead out constantly. He is very strong so if he gets used to AFL pace and opposition defenders strength he could prove a very difficult player to shift and outmark.

wolftone57
24th November 2012, 01:57 PM
The ressiewatchers are in for a bit of fun in 2013 aren't we.
I like him.

So do I Prim he is a potential 100 goaler at that level. He kicked 8.2 in the Preliminary final last year and three from outside 50, one 58 metres, that's Stewie Dew stuff. He kicked 16 in three finals and is a very accurate kick according to Nick Stevens who coached him last year.

wolftone57
24th November 2012, 02:00 PM
What's up with the tatt hatred? They're ugly. It's an opinion.

Haven't seen Goodesy's or ROK's. Mal's are mental (IMO) but at least they're almost entirely under his shirt. Tim looks like he lay down on a magazine with a Captain Morgan's ad in it. Jesse's an artiste, so at least his are original, but I still don't like them. Most of the team probably have them now as there was a bit of a "premiership tattoo" frenzy. Whatever - boys will be boys.

That said, Tim looks like a pretty exciting pick up, so if the tattoo is the worst thing about him, I am quite sure I will find a way to overlook it. Can't wait to see him in action.

tim's was designed by a mate of his so is original too, it is a palm tree as he is a surfer.

Nico
24th November 2012, 02:21 PM
It took ROK several pre-seasons to develop the tank to play that role effectively. He was drafted in 1999 (I think) and didn't really establish himself in the senior team until 2003, and then took another year or two before he really perfected that role. He did have some niggling injuries and a family tragedy to overcome in his first few years, which may have slowed his progress a little, but still, if we do hope that is the kind of role Membrey might eventually play, we will need to be patient for him to grow into it.

Did his knee in a final at the Dome against Hawthorn right in front of us. Crawford stood over him and gave him a mouthful while he was writhing on the ground. He was captain of I think Calder Cannons and was their midfield star. His knee injury certainly set him back as far as playing in the midfield. I was surprised he was not moved there sooner.

wolftone57
24th November 2012, 02:22 PM
You like the Modra comparisons Wolfy.

I sense there was a mancrush way back when...

I thought Modra the best lead up forward in the game, when he bothered to lead, but he was lazy and just wanted to take the specky. Mal Blight made him a great FF by inducing him to lead and giving him rewards for chasing. He was a natural lead and kicked 129 goals in his first season but just a little lazy so that 129 could have been much more. I also like Dunstall and have called Membrey a mix of the two, Dunstall strength and Modra leading technique. I think Membrey is a really built kid at 88kg & 189cm, if he gets much bigger we will probably have to steal Lethal's original nickname 'Barney' and he is only 18. Matthews was 178 & 86. ROK is 188 & 88 so that is a little perspective for you.

Nico
24th November 2012, 02:46 PM
Just heard him on SEN. Flys to Sydney tomorrow and starts training Monday so no injury worries by the sound of it. 8 goals in a PF and 4 in a GF. IIRC Goodesy kicked a bag in the Tac Cup GF as did Sidebottom. Hard to believe a multiple goal kicker in finals slid to 46 alah Goodesy who was about that number. Says he has improved on his tatts.

ABloodsMan
24th November 2012, 03:14 PM
4 goals in the semi, 8 in the prelim, 4 in the grannie. Not bad at all.

Legs Akimbo
24th November 2012, 03:36 PM
I thought Modra the best lead up forward in the game, when he bothered to lead, but he was lazy and just wanted to take the specky. Mal Blight made him a great FF by inducing him to lead and giving him rewards for chasing. He was a natural lead and kicked 129 goals in his first season but just a little lazy so that 129 could have been much more. I also like Dunstall and have called Membrey a mix of the two, Dunstall strength and Modra leading technique. I think Membrey is a really built kid at 88kg & 189cm, if he gets much bigger we will probably have to steal Lethal's original nickname 'Barney' and he is only 18. Matthews was 178 & 86. ROK is 188 & 88 so that is a little perspective for you.

...and Plugger was 190 and 110 to put even more perspective into it.

Auntie.Gerald
24th November 2012, 05:47 PM
there will only ever be one plugger !!

if Membrey grows another 2 or 3cm which is still possible.....not likely but possible then we will have a very dangerous player on our hands

wolftone57
24th November 2012, 08:13 PM
...and Plugger was 190 and 110 to put even more perspective into it.

There probably won't be another Plugger for a long time. He was man mountain.

Lucky Knickers
25th November 2012, 08:07 AM
Just heard him on SEN. Flys to Sydney tomorrow and starts training Monday so no injury worries by the sound of it. 8 goals in a PF and 4 in a GF. IIRC Goodesy kicked a bag in the Tac Cup GF as did Sidebottom. Hard to believe a multiple goal kicker in finals slid to 46 alah Goodesy who was about that number. Says he has improved on his tatts.
Exactly what I thought. Parker slid way down despite his excellent reputation and form at Junior level because there was a view he couldn't kick. Certainly nothing wrong that I can see other than wanting to hold him back from being at the bottom of the pack. Goodes was the same re perception. Going to be interesting to see what's wrong.
Walsh will need a big season in 2013.

Gees Wolftone you sure do weigh a kid down with expectations.....Modra and Dunstall?

Reggi
25th November 2012, 09:37 AM
The knock on Parker was his lack of pace actually. Membery is his combined lack of height and not a big tank.

Very happy to pick him up, there are always guys who manage to get around limitations. O'keefe had a rubbish tank when he arrived. Look at him now

Anyway, there is an interview with him on SEN site. He seems to have intellectually come to terms with going to Sydney, not emotionally though. He still seemed shocked by the whole thing, seems like a level headed kid.

Looking forward to watching him

MightyBloods
25th November 2012, 03:56 PM

This kid's build and 'football nouse' reminds me more of an Allen Jakovich (ex Melb/Bulldogs) forward. Jakovich was only 187cm tall and had a monster build. Jakovick holds the record for getting to 50 goals the quickest (in 9 games) in VFL/AFL history. David Schwartz is on the record as saying that he was the most talented footballer he ever played with. He also had a reputation for being non-team oriented and lazy. Thankfully, Membrey has a better head screwed on and with more coaching/structure could be a really talented player...hard to match up on. Good luck Tim on your career!

Dosser
25th November 2012, 05:29 PM
Well, I think he is a gamble, but he has more 'X' factor than the other draftees.

Lucky Knickers
25th November 2012, 07:45 PM
The knock on Parker was his lack of pace actually. Happy to wrong. Don't think it matters but again just a great example of why kids slip. Perception is reality. There must be many many many recruiters, and indeed even Rocket himself, that must have long deep looks in the mirror over Goodes and the flurry of stories linking Parks as a trade for Tippett show that class is class.

Now Membrey is weighted down by comparisons to a Jackovich! Good job he has those big shoulders.

swanspant12
25th November 2012, 11:28 PM
The thing with our recruitment department and why we are so successful with our later picks is because we identify a role within their ability and train them to utilise there strengths and minimise their weaknesses. If the knock on Parker was his pace, the gee whiz a lot of the other recruiters have egg on their faces. Parks is a tough inside midfielder who loves the contest and was brilliant early on before his collarbone injury. If the draft was re-done he would be top 10-20 IMO.

Bloody Hell
26th November 2012, 02:14 AM
Anyway, there is an interview with him on SEN site. He seems to have intellectually come to terms with going to Sydney, not emotionally though. He still seemed shocked by the whole thing, seems like a level headed kid.

Looking forward to watching him

Got a link?...I can't find it.

mark121
26th November 2012, 02:20 AM
SEN SportSENtral > Audio (http://www.sen.com.au/audioplayer/Audio/Saturday-Sports-SENtral-Tim-Membrey/6626)

There is one for towers too

aardvark
26th November 2012, 07:14 AM
Got a link?...I can't find it.

SEN SportSENtral > Audio (http://www.sen.com.au/audioplayer/Audio/Saturday-Sports-SENtral-Tim-Membrey/6626)

stellation
26th November 2012, 07:28 AM
Did his knee in a final at the Dome against Hawthorn right in front of us. Crawford stood over him and gave him a mouthful while he was writhing on the ground. He was captain of I think Calder Cannons and was their midfield star. His knee injury certainly set him back as far as playing in the midfield. I was surprised he was not moved there sooner.
Was it fairly early in the game? I seem to recall he marked strongly early close to 50, slotted it through and I thought "he's in for a big game!" then he did his knee within minutes of it. I might just be overly dramatising it in my head, though.

Triple B
26th November 2012, 07:42 AM
It was certainly first half, on the wing on the city side, but not in the first 5-10 minutes from memory.

Kell was killing them playing at FF until he did a hammy (?) just before halftime. We were cooked then and Hawthorn put on a clinic in the second half. I remember being so confident before that game but the Gods certainly conspired against us.

stellation
26th November 2012, 07:50 AM
Oh, absolutely- it'll take a few years I assume for him to be able to have a crack at playing that role, and I'm sure he won't end up doing it and I'm just fan-fantasizing! I just think it would be wonderful to take the pressure off the deep forwards again, and it seemed to be a wonderful setup for the SCG.

Bennymno4
26th November 2012, 08:55 AM
The thing with our recruitment department and why we are so successful with our later picks is because we identify a role within their ability and train them to utilise there strengths and minimise their weaknesses. If the knock on Parker was his pace, the gee whiz a lot of the other recruiters have egg on their faces. Parks is a tough inside midfielder who loves the contest and was brilliant early on before his collarbone injury. If the draft was re-done he would be top 10-20 IMO.
If you repeated any draft, every club (including ours) would have egg on their faces. The draft is a gamble for many reasons.

magic.merkin
26th November 2012, 09:52 AM
Interesting to see so many swans draftee interviews on sen, not many other clubs getting that treatment. Winning flags is paying off :)

swans
26th November 2012, 10:18 PM
IN keeping with his distinctive palm tree tattoo, 2012 Gippsland Power captain Tim Membrey is destined for a change of scenery after being drafted to Australian Football League team the Sydney Swans last Thursday.See your ad hereThe Power forward was expected to be snapped up as a first round pick, but slid to 46 much to the delight of the reigning AFL premiers.At 190 centimetres and boasting a golden right boot, Membrey is ready made for the AFL, according to a Power spokesperson, who tipped the 18 year-old to play 10 first grade matches next season.
Let hope 10 games would be create if that was the case we see how he performs in the nab cup first. It would be interesting to team all the swans forwards to development next year and see some game time becuause we have a few fighting for places next year it be a nice change.

magic.merkin
27th November 2012, 09:41 AM
IN keeping with his distinctive palm tree tattoo, 2012 Gippsland Power captain Tim Membrey is destined for a change of scenery after being drafted to Australian Football League team the Sydney Swans last Thursday.See your ad hereThe Power forward was expected to be snapped up as a first round pick, but slid to 46 much to the delight of the reigning AFL premiers.At 190 centimetres and boasting a golden right boot, Membrey is ready made for the AFL, according to a Power spokesperson, who tipped the 18 year-old to play 10 first grade matches next season.
Let hope 10 games would be create if that was the case we see how he performs in the nab cup first. It would be interesting to team all the swans forwards to development next year and see some game time becuause we have a few fighting for places next year it be a nice change.

Strange quote from an Aussie rules person. NSW article?

SPC
30th November 2012, 07:11 AM
For what it's worth, the article below rates the new draftees on their chances of making an impression in the 2013 season. Tim Membrey comes in at no. 8 and Dean Towers at 15. Hope Tim comes anywhere close to the hype as he would be very handy for a pick 46, especially in that style of Darling role for us. Love the lethal shot at goal references!

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/afl/draft-tracker/we-list-the-20-draftees-set-to-make-the-biggest-impact-next-season/story-fngeflq8-1226526782154

Chilcott
30th November 2012, 08:37 AM
For what it's worth, the article below rates the new draftees on their chances of making an impression in the 2013 season. Tim Membrey comes in at no. 8 and Dean Towers at 15. Hope Tim comes anywhere close to the hype as he would be very handy for a pick 46, especially in that style of Darling role for us. Love the lethal shot at goal references!

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/afl/draft-tracker/we-list-the-20-draftees-set-to-make-the-biggest-impact-next-season/story-fngeflq8-1226526782154

Anyone able to link the whole article?

ABloodsMan
30th November 2012, 08:57 AM
View it on the daily telegraphs site

jono2707
30th November 2012, 10:03 AM
Anyone able to link the whole article?

If you copy the page address into a google search and then click on it when it comes up in the results, it should show the whole article. That trick normally works anyway with most pages in some magical electronic interweb sort of way.....

30th November 2012, 10:28 AM
View it on the daily telegraphs site

That works a treat, thanks.

I really rate Membrey in the lead up to the draft so was excited we got him, and particularly as he was dirt cheap. Think the article on the 20 most likely is fairly spot on. Reckon with our lack of depth that Membrey and Towers could play big roles for us this year, both look ready to go. Be interesting to see how they go with the pre season stuff.

Given the big clean out of players and the late sart to training by the premiership players, it's going to be a very new look team we field for the pre season (NAB?) cup. Can't wait to see these guys in action, Blacktown, Sunday 24th February 4.40pm is the place to be :-)

R-1
30th November 2012, 10:31 AM
The reason the Google workaround works is they don't want to discourage random Google hits stumbling on their site.

At any rate, the Hun articles all end up on the Telegraph and the Advertiser's websites because cost-saving by the big news conglomerates.

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sport/afl/we-list-the-20-draftees-set-to-make-the-biggest-impact-next-season/story-fnb7bcs4-1226526782154