PDA

View Full Version : Can anybody fill me in?

Velour&Ruffles
3rd December 2012, 09:26 PM
The quiet word on the street is that the Swans may be intrested in Kurt Tippett, but that he has a few contractual issues with the Crows to surmount before he could join us. I don't want to create any false hopes or pointless chatter, but has anyone heard anything about this?

jetts32
3rd December 2012, 09:36 PM
I can't tell if this is serious or not.. Haha

AnnieH
3rd December 2012, 09:46 PM
Gold.

3rd December 2012, 11:32 PM
Not sure, maybe you should ask Sheedy, e may know something a bit more concrete.

Nice spelling too - intrested!

Swansongster
3rd December 2012, 11:43 PM
The quiet word on the street is that the Swans may be intrested in Kurt Tippett, but that he has a few contractual issues with the Crows to surmount before he could join us. I don't want to create any false hopes or pointless chatter, but has anyone heard anything about this?

Really? That would be cool but I think I read somewhere he's happy in Adelaide. The Crows fans love him and he is being well looked after by the club. Storm in tea cup.

jono2707
4th December 2012, 06:31 AM
There is no way he would want to leave delightful Adelaide and come to this dump of a place.

Primmy
4th December 2012, 06:58 AM
Oh I don't know jono. I think our beaches may be a little more interesting. Perhaps if Kinnear gives him a call he might want to give Sydney a try. But then again the AFC fans think the world of him, so it may just be wishful thinking on our part.

Velour&Ruffles
4th December 2012, 07:22 AM
Not sure, maybe you should ask Sheedy, e may know something a bit more concrete.

Nice spelling too - intrested!

Nice spelling too - e!

ScottH
4th December 2012, 07:43 AM
Who is Tippett?

Dosser
4th December 2012, 08:54 AM
Only 2903 more posts to go!

Nico
4th December 2012, 09:44 AM
Why was this thread started? It is taking away from the Tippett thread post count. Please merge.

Dosser
4th December 2012, 09:55 AM
I think he stated once that he wants to go home to the Gold Coast anyway. End of story.

satchmopugdog
4th December 2012, 11:57 AM
We don't need another tall forward...Reid is never going to get injured playing in the most difficult position on the fiels at such a young age. Kinnear is after Fev in the pre-season draft...you heard it here first.

gumby_bolts
4th December 2012, 12:27 PM
Who do we trade for him? Grundy? Parker? I've heard J White but can't be serious.

ShockOfHair
4th December 2012, 12:30 PM
I'm thinking: first-round pick plus a player.

Primmy
4th December 2012, 12:31 PM
:rofl

Matimbo
4th December 2012, 12:33 PM

I can bring you up to speed in a single sentence ...

Homesick-legally-illiterate-boy duped by unscrupulous-player-manager and sell-their-own-souls-to-the-devil-club-execs; finds himself stuck without a wave to paddle, forced to perform in demeaning pie ads to earn secret bonus salary he thought was all above board ... seeks move to wave-infested- premiership-winning-culturally-inspiring-team he can call home that isn't necessarily where he grew up but still filled with previously unknown relatives of his ... unscrupulous-player-manager rubs hands, sell-their-own-souls-to-the-devil-club-execs annoyed, adoring-crow-eating-fans suddenly always hated him ... horse-trading bogged, lawyers rub hands, Jessie tweets, hater-of-anything-not-Melbourne-Caro-Wilson says Swans guilty as sin, sell-their-own-souls-to-the-devil-club-execs mea-culpa ... conflicted-incompetent-governing-body lays charges, sell-their-own-souls-to-the-devil-club-execs pre-emptive-show-of-good-faith-own-goal-draft-sit-out, jealous-of-all-the-attention-Sheady throws red herrings, no-idea-press lap it up, homesick-legally-illiterate-boy says nothing but still guilty of crimes against humanity, lawyers lob threats, lawyers withdraw threats (but don?t withdraw their bills), homesick-legally-illiterate-boy delists himself and nominates for PSD ... Emma Quayle gets the good oil, sell-their-own-souls-to-the-devil-club-execs and homesick-legally-illiterate-boy have fun-filled trip to Melbourne, conflicted-incompetent-governing-body takes all day to announce penalties despite everyone pleading guilty and backroom agreement being made days before ... press conference bigger than the Bronlow gala, hater-of-anything-not-Melbourne-Caro-Wilson asks stupid questions, sell-their-own-souls-to-the-devil-club-execs cop it sweet, crow-eating-fans demand a sword-fall but get nothing, homesick-legally-illiterate-boy bitterly disappointed, unscrupulous-player-manager nervous, conflicted-incompetent-governing-body thinks they've done a superb job but nobody else does ... and next week everybody plays fair, jealous-of-all-the-attention-Sheady keeps powder dry, homesick-legally-illiterate-boy picked up by wave-infested-premiership-winning-culturally-inspiring team, everyone lives happily ever after.

Clear as mud???

GongSwan
4th December 2012, 01:04 PM
Well done

ScottH
4th December 2012, 01:10 PM
I can bring you up to speed in a single sentence ...

Homesick-legally-illiterate-boy duped by unscrupulous-player-manager and sell-their-own-souls-to-the-devil-club-execs; finds himself stuck without a wave to paddle, forced to perform in demeaning pie ads to earn secret bonus salary he thought was all above board ... seeks move to wave-infested- premiership-winning-culturally-inspiring-team he can call home that isn't necessarily where he grew up but still filled with previously unknown relatives of his ... unscrupulous-player-manager rubs hands, sell-their-own-souls-to-the-devil-club-execs annoyed, adoring-crow-eating-fans suddenly always hated him ... horse-trading bogged, lawyers rub hands, Jessie tweets, hater-of-anything-not-Melbourne-Caro-Wilson says Swans guilty as sin, sell-their-own-souls-to-the-devil-club-execs mea-culpa ... conflicted-incompetent-governing-body lays charges, sell-their-own-souls-to-the-devil-club-execs pre-emptive-show-of-good-faith-own-goal-draft-sit-out, jealous-of-all-the-attention-Sheady throws red herrings, no-idea-press lap it up, homesick-legally-illiterate-boy says nothing but still guilty of crimes against humanity, lawyers lob threats, lawyers withdraw threats (but don?t withdraw their bills), homesick-legally-illiterate-boy delists himself and nominates for PSD ... Emma Quayle gets the good oil, sell-their-own-souls-to-the-devil-club-execs and homesick-legally-illiterate-boy have fun-filled trip to Melbourne, conflicted-incompetent-governing-body takes all day to announce penalties despite everyone pleading guilty and backroom agreement being made days before ... press conference bigger than the Bronlow gala, hater-of-anything-not-Melbourne-Caro-Wilson asks stupid questions, sell-their-own-souls-to-the-devil-club-execs cop it sweet, crow-eating-fans demand a sword-fall but get nothing, homesick-legally-illiterate-boy bitterly disappointed, unscrupulous-player-manager nervous, conflicted-incompetent-governing-body thinks they've done a superb job but nobody else does ... and next week everybody plays fair, jealous-of-all-the-attention-Sheady keeps powder dry, homesick-legally-illiterate-boy picked up by wave-infested-premiership-winning-culturally-inspiring team, everyone lives happily ever after.

Clear as mud???

Wow. almost 3000 posts summed into one sentence.

Primmy
4th December 2012, 02:07 PM
:rofl I'd say that's it in a nutshell.

4th December 2012, 02:22 PM
Brilliantly put. Concise and to the point without missing anything and all in just one sentence. Hope that answered the original query.

Oh, nice that Caro got a mention too.

jono2707
4th December 2012, 03:27 PM
Just to save Annie the need to post on this this thread:

"lalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalala lalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalala lalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalala lalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalala lalalalalalala"

Dosser
4th December 2012, 04:17 PM
He missed a comma.

Primmy
4th December 2012, 04:26 PM
He missed a comma.:rofl::rofl: :rofl::rofl:

AnnieH
4th December 2012, 06:27 PM
Just to save Annie the need to post on this this thread:

"lalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalala lalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalala lalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalala lalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalala lalalalalalala"

I was going to say that Matimbo missed my la la la's.
Thanks Jono.

BigBarryRound25
4th December 2012, 06:58 PM
He missed a comma.

If you listen to the crows fans, one more concussion and he'll lapse into a comma

satchmopugdog
4th December 2012, 07:13 PM
If you listen to the crows fans, one more concussion and he'll lapse into a comma

That's funny ..very funny indeed

AnnieH
4th December 2012, 09:25 PM
He's concussion prone????

OMG.

What are the swans thinking????

Primmy
4th December 2012, 10:14 PM
Just in case you have missed it, this is a very funny thread.

ShockOfHair
5th December 2012, 12:48 AM

OMG.

You really didn't know? One more concussion and his career comes to a full stop.

Don't hold back, Annie! :smile:

I'm not an anti-Tippettist but I'm sure the deal looked a lot better after the fifth bottle of Krug on grand final night.

Jewels
5th December 2012, 08:51 AM
Surely you're taking the proverbial here? I can't keep up with what's serious or not on here at the moment!

Dosser
5th December 2012, 08:53 AM
We are all serious, Jewels

Matimbo
5th December 2012, 10:23 AM
I was going to say that Matimbo missed my la la la's.
Thanks Jono.

Apologies. Glaring oversight on my part.

Doctor
5th December 2012, 10:23 AM
Swans eh? Does that Lockett chap still play for them?

AnnieH
5th December 2012, 11:37 AM
Stop this world. Let me off. There's too many pigs in the same trough.
There's just too many buzzards sitting on the fence.
Stop this world it's not making sense.
- Vince Jones.

sharp9
5th December 2012, 01:13 PM
He missed a comma.
Kurt was in a Comma????....Oh , right not a coma

Doctor
5th December 2012, 02:33 PM
So it looks like he's coming here. I hope he comes in for Bevan or Matthews. They're doing nothing lately.

Primmy
5th December 2012, 04:09 PM
Hasn't Bevo gone to West Coast and Benny M to the Gold Coast?

aardvark
5th December 2012, 04:57 PM
Finally a decent replacement for that spud Lockett!!

goswannies
5th December 2012, 06:33 PM

OMG.

I have it on good authority that his contract will stipulate that he needs to borrow either LRT's or Jude's helmet for the duration at his time at the Swans.

jono2707
5th December 2012, 06:36 PM
Apparently this is now the 827th most popular thread in RWO's history.

Nico
5th December 2012, 07:08 PM
Finally a decent replacement for that spud Lockett!!

I wonder if he can box. Another spud that played for us told the world and Danny Green that he could box, but alas, when push came to shove we never found out. Boxer on the field and cream puff off the field perhaps (Anonymous). KT has a lot to live up to.

satchmopugdog
5th December 2012, 07:22 PM
How tight are his shorts..if he's going to replace Capper...our last DECENT forward..they better be as good as The Bee Gees film clip of "Staying Alive"!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!