PDA

View Full Version : Important :)

jetts32
19th January 2013, 08:17 PM
Everyone is now to refer to Josh Kennedy as JPK12.
That's right, get it started people!

ScottH
19th January 2013, 08:28 PM
Why?

Primmy
19th January 2013, 08:35 PM
Everyone calls him Joey anyway, so why JPK12? Please explain.

Big Al
19th January 2013, 09:17 PM
Jett32 reckons JPK12 is a good name.

BeeEmmAre
20th January 2013, 01:56 PM
I've always called him JPK, or JP.

Even Miiiiiiiiisssssssttttttteeeeeeeerrrrrrrrrrrrr KENNEDYYYYYYYYYYYY................................ ... KENNEDYYYYYYYYYYY

swansrob
20th January 2013, 03:04 PM
I'm pretty happy with calling him either Joey, JPK or Josh Kennedy. I'm probably not going to ca him JPK12, to be honest.

jetts32
20th January 2013, 10:13 PM
For everyone wondering why, I've taken it off some of the greatest sporting icons such as MJ23 and LBJ6.

jetts32
20th January 2013, 10:13 PM
Haha mister Kennedy!
Kennedy!

Bloody Hell
21st January 2013, 01:51 AM
For everyone wondering why, I've taken it off some of the greatest sporting icons such as MJ23 and LBJ6.

Nobody calls MJ23, MJ23.

MJ, Air Jordan, His Airness...

I think the same would go for LeBron.

I'd prefer if you looked to the moon for inspiration, rather than the US.

stellation
21st January 2013, 06:59 AM
Chris Paul goes by CP3, but I thought that was mainly because it rhymes.

aardvark
21st January 2013, 07:01 AM

Wasn't he in Star wars?

ScottH
21st January 2013, 07:37 AM
Wasn't he in Star wars?

No, that was RD2

DamY
21st January 2013, 07:57 AM
Thank you for posting and being involved but I don't think it's going to take off. JPK is unique enough! I noticed players only refer to their playing number when they need a differentiator such as in twitter handles, but otherwise are generally happy with their nickname

goswannie14
21st January 2013, 07:57 AM

Wasn't he in Star wars?
CP3O

stellation
21st January 2013, 07:58 AM
Wasn't he in Star wars?
I'm sure many dyslexic folks think that!

Primmy
21st January 2013, 09:27 AM
If the great MickyO is stilled called MickyO, and Goodsey is Goodsey, the Joey is Joey - noone else is called that name, its his.

Big Al
21st January 2013, 09:31 AM
If the great MickyO is stilled called MickyO,.

He'll always be Magic to me

ScottH
21st January 2013, 09:46 AM
Wasn't he in Star wars?

We could call him J1K2.

Triple B
21st January 2013, 02:01 PM
As explained by the man himself when asked at the pre-season fan 'media conference' in the SCG members stand, attended by some of RWO's more rotund figures...

"My grandfather (John Kennedy Snr) was nicknamed 'Kanga', so Dad became 'Roo' in his playing days and I naturally was given 'Joey' when I arrived at the Hawks"

Cannot see a reason to change it...

Triple B
21st January 2013, 02:03 PM
He'll always be Magic to me

+1, although we shortened it to 'Mag' late in his career. (pronounced Madge)

Xie Shan
21st January 2013, 04:04 PM
Why?

Isn't it obvious? He wears number 12, and we won the premiership in 2012 :tongue:

Triple B
21st January 2013, 04:14 PM
Isn't it obvious? He wears number 12, and we won the premiership in 2012 :tongue:

May have to run that past ROK05

Big Al
21st January 2013, 04:51 PM
May have to run that past ROK05

Shame we can't ask B206.

swansrob
21st January 2013, 06:10 PM
Bring on AE13!

liz
21st January 2013, 06:48 PM
As explained by the man himself when asked at the pre-season fan 'media conference' in the SCG members stand, attended by some of RWO's more rotund figures...

"My grandfather (John Kennedy Snr) was nicknamed 'Kanga', so Dad became 'Roo' in his playing days and I naturally was given 'Joey' when I arrived at the Hawks"

Cannot see a reason to change it...

I had always thought it was just a diminutive form of Josh. Hadn't realised there was more to it than that.

What happens when the fourth generation gets drafted (as FS to the Swans, of course)?

wolftone57
22nd January 2013, 12:23 AM

Probably a reference to Star Wars & CP30.

wolftone57
22nd January 2013, 12:24 AM
I had always thought it was just a diminutive form of Josh. Hadn't realised there was more to it than that.

What happens when the fourth generation gets drafted (as FS to the Swans, of course)?

They will be called Kanga Fetus

wolftone57
22nd January 2013, 12:25 AM
No, that was RD2

So was CP30 Scott

BeeEmmAre
22nd January 2013, 01:58 AM
Thought someone would have corrected C3P0 by now!

So, Joey's got a historical grounding. That will make it even more popular now that's out. Although not a lot of people I know call ROK by Pebbles or Pebs......

Primmy
22nd January 2013, 07:30 AM
Peb is the (naurally) shortened form of Pebbles. He couldn't be ROK when he started at the Swans because there already was one on deck, Ryan O'Connor. So Peb it was and still is. Remember hearing BBB bellowing out Peb Peb Peb at one game; sounded like an impersonation of an armored vehicle on manouvers. The players always refer to him as Peb - good enough for me.

Jewels
22nd January 2013, 09:24 AM
Okeefe = RyanO, Kennedy = Joshie.

I always struggled with calling out to Dennis Lane when he was with us, so that's one problem solved.

jetts32
22nd January 2013, 11:55 AM
Sorry to inform you but I'm a massive fan of the NBA (that's what I watch when there's no footy) and they both get called that, especially Lebron as it's a relatively new thing. And as someone mentioned Chris Paul gets it, so does Durant. And nothing wrong with looking at the U.S for inspiration, MJ is probably the biggest sporting icon of all time and Lebron is one of the greatest athletes in the world.

Kirkari
22nd January 2013, 09:33 PM
Okeefe = RyanO, Kennedy = Joshie.

I always struggled with calling out to Dennis Lane when he was with us, so that's one problem solved.

No longer required, but heard him being called Toddles (TDLs) way back at a ressies game.

I won't be taking up the JPK13, but am considering KT8, or more likely Katie Eight. Extra (ie) thrown on the end is a possibility too, not to make 80, just to make it proper ocker.

JPK's son might have to be Hippety Hopper - http://looneytunes.wikia.com/wiki/Hippety_Hopper

ScottH
23rd January 2013, 07:55 AM
Sorry to inform you but I'm a massive fan of the NBA (that's what I watch when there's no footy) and they both get called that, especially Lebron as it's a relatively new thing. And as someone mentioned Chris Paul gets it, so does Durant. And nothing wrong with looking at the U.S for inspiration, MJ is probably the biggest sporting icon of all time and Lebron is one of the greatest athletes in the world.

I don't find too much that comes from the states as inspiration.

DamY
23rd January 2013, 08:12 AM
I don't find too much that comes from the states as inspiration.

From what I've heard, apparently they do the whole "food at the stadium thing" *very* well. Capitalism, User Pays and Free Market at its best (no "monopolies" a la SCG) :P

GongSwan
23rd January 2013, 12:06 PM
No, that was RD2

R2D2 Scott

ScottH
23rd January 2013, 12:13 PM

Wasn't he in Star wars?

No, that was RD2

R2D2 Scott

It was a joke.

Triple B
23rd January 2013, 12:20 PM
It was a joke.

This whole threads a joke,

Regards
3B150KG

aardvark
23rd January 2013, 12:44 PM
It was a joke.

Don't you just love the off season.

Primmy
23rd January 2013, 03:36 PM
Don't you just love the off season.No, not really, except in bits, and feeling if I am really really good things will improve in about March.

aardvark
23rd January 2013, 03:48 PM
No, not really, except in bits, and feeling if I am really really good things will improve in about March.

You need a distraction Prim. I decided to have a mid life crisis, change jobs after 10 yrs and order a sports car. Its worked for me so far.:wink:

Big Al
23rd January 2013, 03:49 PM
This is has been the best off season ever. Anyone bored just isn't celebrating properly. ;)
Also I'm in no hurry for the season to start. I have a lot more reminiscing to get in before Rd1

Dosser
23rd January 2013, 03:53 PM
You need a distraction Prim. I decided to have a mid life crisis, change jobs after 10 yrs and order a sports car. Its worked for me so far.:wink:

Right with you, Aardy. I finish my job (voluntarily) on Friday so I dont know how I will have time in future to keep checking this site during the day.

aardvark
23rd January 2013, 04:02 PM
Right with you, Aardy. I finish my job (voluntarily) on Friday so I dont know how I will have time in future to keep checking this site during the day.

Finishing work. What a lovely distraction. I'm sure you'll find a few minutes in your busy schedule to look us up.:smile:

Dosser
23rd January 2013, 04:06 PM
Finishing work. What a lovely distraction. I'm sure you'll find a few minutes in your busy schedule to look us up.:smile:

Starting my own business which means I have to PAY for my internet connection now :(

Triple B
23rd January 2013, 04:07 PM
In all honesty, it's been a pretty quick off-season. We played to the very conclusion in season 2012 and the Tippett saga kept us thinking Swans for much longer than normal, so there hasn't been that much complete downtime.

I would hazard a guess and say this has easily been the most active off-season ever as far as RWO goes, lots of activity on the boards right thru the period.

I'm sure Scott would be able to drag some numbers out to prove it, he's probably got nothing better to do....lol

Swansongster
24th January 2013, 03:08 PM
CP3O

It would be sacrilege to think of anything but LRT30.

ShockOfHair
24th January 2013, 04:47 PM
This is has been the best off season ever. Anyone bored just isn't celebrating properly. ;)
Also I'm in no hurry for the season to start. I have a lot more reminiscing to get in before Rd1

For sure. I'm still savouring 2012. Any downtime, or any time I'm feeling down, I watch one of those last three games again.

aardvark
24th January 2013, 06:10 PM
It would be sacrilege to think of anything but LRT30.

LRT30= Chewbacca the Wookie.

goswannie14
25th January 2013, 07:00 AM
Sorry to inform you but I'm a massive fan of the NBA (that's what I watch when there's no footy) and they both get called that, especially Lebron as it's a relatively new thing. And as someone mentioned Chris Paul gets it, so does Durant. And nothing wrong with looking at the U.S for inspiration, MJ is probably the biggest sporting icon of all time and Lebron is one of the greatest athletes in the world.I didn't think Marion Johnson was anything but a drug cheat.

ScottH
25th January 2013, 08:35 AM
In all honesty, it's been a pretty quick off-season. We played to the very conclusion in season 2012 and the Tippett saga kept us thinking Swans for much longer than normal, so there hasn't been that much complete downtime.

I would hazard a guess and say this has easily been the most active off-season ever as far as RWO goes, lots of activity on the boards right thru the period.

I'm sure Scott would be able to drag some numbers out to prove it, he's probably got nothing better to do....lol

You had to ask!!

There have been a few glitches where the analytics did not work as can be seen in the flat line recently.
But it has been one of the busiest, although 09/10 was pretty busy. Unfortunately, my stats don't go back any further.

Triple B
26th January 2013, 12:35 PM
I didn't think Marion Johnson was anything but a drug cheat.

Marion Jones was worse...

Triple B
26th January 2013, 12:41 PM
You had to ask!!

Pretty easy to see when the pre-season draft was held...

wolftone57
26th January 2013, 04:18 PM

For the biggest sporting icon of all time he is pretty anonymous to me. They are American and much of the world would never have heard of them. Pele was known world wide, so is Beckham, Federer, McEnroe, Agassi, Laver, Louganis, Spitz and our own Thorpie. There are many more people far better known than michael Jordan. Many in India or Pakistan or Africa for instance have never heard of MJ but have definitely head of Pele.

ScottH
26th January 2013, 05:15 PM
For the biggest sporting icon of all time he is pretty anonymous to me. They are American and much of the world would never have heard of them. Pele was known world wide, so is Beckham, Federer, McEnroe, Agassi, Laver, Louganis, Spitz and our own Thorpie. There are many more people far better known than michael Jordan. Many in India or Pakistan or Africa for instance have never heard of MJ but have definitely head of Pele.

I would doubt that many in the world have not heard of Michael Jordan.

erica
26th January 2013, 05:56 PM
I would doubt that many in the world have not heard of Michael Jordan.

I haven't until now. What sport?

Big Al
26th January 2013, 06:26 PM
I haven't until now. What sport?

He was a failed baseball player.

Big Al
26th January 2013, 06:38 PM
. Many in India or Pakistan or Africa for instance have never heard of MJ but have definitely head of Pele.

Just your opinion or do have a link supporting this.

I would have thought he was a world wide phenomenon. If not for his incredible talent but certainly for his massive Nike endorsements.

stellation
26th January 2013, 06:40 PM
I have to agree with Scott; Michael Jordan's fame transcended his sport.

Go Swannies
26th January 2013, 10:12 PM
I have to agree with Scott; Michael Jordan's fame transcended his sport.

I'd think Pele or Maradonna would be better known worldwide. And, overall, I think Juan Manuel Fangio (go for a fang?) would be near the top.

jono2707
27th January 2013, 01:16 AM
Michael Jordan was a wonderful talent known pretty much world wide. He was a fabulous sight to watch in full flight - poetry in motion. There are some sportsmen and women who transcend their chosen game with their talent and artistry. MJ, Pele, Maradona, Federer and Tiger Woods are but a few - if you don't like what they do and what they've achieved, you might not be breathing. It's not about one sport being better than the other or anything - its appreciating someone at the absolute top of their game doing beautiful things. There's nothing wrong with that...

stellation
27th January 2013, 06:38 AM
I'd think Pele or Maradonna would be better known worldwide. And, overall, I think Juan Manuel Fangio (go for a fang?) would be near the top.
Oh, quite possibly; but I think it's reasonable to think that Jordan would at least be in consideration for best known sportsperson of all time.

goswannie14
27th January 2013, 08:26 AM
Marion Jones was worse...Sometimes my fingers have a mind of their own!

ScottH
27th January 2013, 10:50 AM
I saw a show where they went to India a while ago, and I was surprised at the amount of kids that were really into basketball.
And they all knew who MJ was.

Our local Secondary school has 2 basketball courts and they are always filled with asian kids, mainly boys, some girls who are up there every afternoon playing basketball.

Triple B
27th January 2013, 03:42 PM
I saw a show where they went to India a while ago, and I was surprised at the amount of kids that were really into basketball.
And they all knew who MJ was.

Our local Secondary school has 2 basketball courts and they are always filled with asian kids, mainly boys, some girls who are up there every afternoon playing basketball.

And their parents think they are still at school studying hard in the library....

ScottH
27th January 2013, 05:41 PM
And their parents think they are still at school studying hard in the library....

I think they are Uni students. But I get your drift. hehe

Sandridge
28th January 2013, 08:07 AM

Absolutely, Big Al! No need to wish your life away wanting the 2013 season to start. I, too, am still basking in the glory of that magnificent 2012 season and am in no hurry at all to "move on."

goswannie14
28th January 2013, 08:52 AM
Absolutely, Big Al! No need to wish your life away wanting the 2013 season to start. I, too, am still basking in the glory of that magnificent 2012 season and am in no hurry at all to "move on."
A friend of mine just told me the footy season hasn't started yet. My reply "When your team is reigning premiers there is no off season."

Big Al
28th January 2013, 11:20 AM
A friend of mine just told me the footy season hasn't started yet. My reply "When your team is reigning premiers there is no off season."

I love it!