PDA

View Full Version : Swans coming to visit me again!

RogueSwan
22nd January 2013, 09:44 AM
Swans-set-for-coffs-harbour (http://www.sydneyswans.com.au/news/2013-01-18/swans-set-for-coffs-harbour)
About time they came back for a visit. My boss has already agreed that we will be going to both of the open training sessions and I have booked my kids into the afternoon clinic.
I will have to take along a few items to be signed, premiership DVD would be a good start. :clap:

Big Al
22nd January 2013, 10:28 AM
A little birdy told me that certain piece of silverware will be making the trip as well.

Enjoy

Dosser
22nd January 2013, 10:53 AM
A little birdy told me that certain piece of silverware will be making the trip as well.

Enjoy

Craig?

RogueSwan
23rd January 2013, 03:29 PM
Booked in for breakfast with the boys (and trophy)!

Big Al
23rd January 2013, 03:55 PM
Booked in for breakfast with the boys (and trophy)!

If you get near the trophy I'd steer clear of the right hand side where a certain RWOer gave it a big smooch... Ewww

BillyRayCypress
23rd January 2013, 08:31 PM
Well the Premiership Cup will be on the Central Coast tomorrow on public display between 3pm and 6 pm at Erina Fair.

HOWEVER, it will spend an hour in a "private session" at Gosford RSL with a triple team premiership winning Club of 2012. The only junior Club to have this honour.

So any local RWO's are invited to attend between 1:15 and 2:15 pm. You'll get to meet me and I can sell you one of my albums. Yes, pre CD and I can only use so many as bird scarers.

Jewels
24th January 2013, 10:29 AM
Well the Premiership Cup will be on the Central Coast tomorrow on public display between 3pm and 6 pm at Erina Fair.

HOWEVER, it will spend an hour in a "private session" at Gosford RSL with a triple team premiership winning Club of 2012. The only junior Club to have this honour.

So any local RWO's are invited to attend between 1:15 and 2:15 pm. You'll get to meet me and I can sell you one of my albums. Yes, pre CD and I can only use so many as bird scarers.

Just about to shower and get ready now.
Don't know what I'm more excited about, getting a happy snap with the cup or hopefully meeting the legend that is Billy Ray!

Primmy
24th January 2013, 11:11 AM
J, give BillyRay a hug from me! You two could talk the legs off a.....

Allymay
24th January 2013, 11:34 AM
Swans-set-for-coffs-harbour (http://www.sydneyswans.com.au/news/2013-01-18/swans-set-for-coffs-harbour)
About time they came back for a visit. My boss has already agreed that we will be going to both of the open training sessions and I have booked my kids into the afternoon clinic.
I will have to take along a few items to be signed, premiership DVD would be a good start. :clap:

Lucky lucky buggers!!!
Heading to Sydney next week for a family trip (hubby going to Geale/Mundine fight) so I thought 'Woo hoo be able to see the boys in training' (shirts off lads) but NOOOOOO!!!!! They are off to Coffs Harbour on the 29th (when we arrive) for 4 days. We are in Sydney for 4 days. Great timing.
Just going to have to watch our Western Warriors get flogged by NSW in the Ryobi Cup instead.

RogueSwan
24th January 2013, 03:39 PM
...They are off to Coffs Harbour on the 29th (when we arrive) for 4 days. We are in Sydney for 4 days. Great timing...

jump on a plane, it is only a 1hr flight from Sydney, and a much nicer place, if I do say so myself. :smile:

jono2707
24th January 2013, 06:16 PM
If you get near the trophy I'd steer clear of the right hand side where a certain RWOer gave it a big smooch... Ewww

I went the pash, but I'm pretty sure it was the left hand side. Or it might have been the right? Can't really remember, I was lost in the moment....

Hartijon
24th January 2013, 06:32 PM
jump on a plane, it is only a 1hr flight from Sydney, and a much nicer place, if I do say so myself. :smile:

Hartijon arrives on the North Coast on the 29th too.From Chiangmai to North Coast just to see the Swans!(and retire permanently)

Allymay
25th January 2013, 12:54 PM

Have had the pleasure of visiting Coffs a few years ago for the Emergency Services Games. Loved it. Very nice area and great hockey pitch!! One of the more better maintained ones that I've played on.

BillyRayCypress
25th January 2013, 06:33 PM
J, give BillyRay a hug from me! You two could talk the legs off a.....

Sadly our meeting was not to be. It gave me an......................................achy breaky heart to miss out on seeing Jewels.:miserable::crushed:

There was quite a few people there over the three hours for photo's though and the first hour was the busiest.

I didn't touch the Cup again after it left our Club's meeting. All these people slobbering and spreading their germs all over it. The Sydney Swans employee (Michael Martin) had to keep rubbing it down all the time. They don't pay him enough money !

Did anyone notice the mistake on the Cup? Trivia question time.

Big Al
25th January 2013, 06:59 PM
Did anyone notice the mistake on the Cup? Trivia question time.

I don't know, the 2012 cup won by the Sydney SWANS looks okay to me.

BillyRayCypress
25th January 2013, 07:02 PM
I think you may have spotted it.

Big Al
25th January 2013, 07:10 PM

I asked Mick from the Swans about it last week and they weren't impressed about it. It's going back to the engravers in a few weeks apparently.

Untamed Snark
25th January 2013, 07:11 PM

Actually it's a cunning duplicate, Al has the real cup stashed away (allegedly)

BillyRayCypress
25th January 2013, 07:26 PM
I asked Mick from the Swans about it last week and they weren't impressed about it. It's going back to the engravers in a few weeks apparently.

We thought that the engraver was a Hawthorn supporter.

Big Al
25th January 2013, 07:44 PM

:D

I was getting bored with my Movie World Batman Cup.

RogueSwan
29th January 2013, 05:18 PM
I was at the airport when the Boys arrived this afternoon. After the weekend weather I thought they might have cancelled the trip. 811

Big Al
29th January 2013, 06:55 PM
I was at the airport when the Boys arrived this afternoon. After the weekend weather I thought they might have cancelled the trip. 811

Nice Pic.... He's a good looking and photogenic bloke.

Judes not bad either. ;)

RogueSwan
29th January 2013, 08:14 PM
...Judes not bad either. ;)
It seems quite silly now but I was quite nervous. I have never asked someone I lookup to for a pic/autograph before.:redface:

RogueSwan
30th January 2013, 09:48 AM
Spoke Mummy, rolled his ankle ten minutes into training, stepped on someone's foot.

RogueSwan
30th January 2013, 12:24 PM
Mummy spoke to Horse after the training session, he is off for an x-ray, but they don't think it is serious.

RogueSwan
30th January 2013, 01:01 PM
One for the Joey fans:

Big Al
30th January 2013, 01:13 PM
I have that exact same body... Unlike Joey though I don't want it damaged so I protect with lots of insulation. You gotta take care of yourself.

RogueSwan
30th January 2013, 02:03 PM
I like this one better:

Doctor J.
30th January 2013, 02:49 PM
I have that exact same body... Unlike Joey though I don't want it damaged so I protect with lots of insulation. You gotta take care of yourself.

I take the same precautions Al. Works a treat.

Triple B
30th January 2013, 03:10 PM
I also decided on the keg look, rather than the 6-pack.

I guess if I also want my little piece of Columbia, I'm going to just have to make do with coffee....

Jewels
30th January 2013, 03:21 PM
One for the Joey fans:

Thank you Rogue, you've made an old girl VERY happy!

Primmy
30th January 2013, 03:24 PM
It seems quite silly now but I was quite nervous. I have never asked someone I lookup to for a pic/autograph before.:redface:Framed and straight to the Pool Room. Jude is a lovely, comfortable and approachable man.

Primmy
30th January 2013, 03:29 PM
Thank you Rogue, that has gone straight to MY Pool Room!!

Hey Jewels, after constantly making comparisons, I do believe Brad Seymours Legs have finally been equaled and possibly surpassed. Kirk tippett's legs are worthy successors.

Now if we could just get Satch's ok, we can shift our attention to the up and coming generation.

RogueSwan
30th January 2013, 03:46 PM
Thank you Rogue, you've made an old girl VERY happy!

...and quite a few of the nurses at my work! I think the word "yummy" was mentioned a few times. :rolleyes:

RogueSwan
30th January 2013, 03:58 PM
... Kirk tippett's legs are worthy successors.

I didn't get a shot of Tippo, as the boys call him. How about young Sam?

satchmopugdog
30th January 2013, 07:03 PM
Who would have thought this would be my favorite thread!!!! I think I'll revisit more than the Tippett thread.... Joey > Sam

Primmy
30th January 2013, 11:14 PM
Not too bad Rogue. I love his tattoo, discreetly placed under his arm pit. Classy.

stellation
31st January 2013, 07:04 AM
I also decided on the keg look, rather than the 6-pack.

I guess if I also want my little piece of Columbia, I'm going to just have to make do with coffee....
:rofl:

RogueSwan
31st January 2013, 10:10 AM
Just got back from the Chamber of Commerce breakfast at one of the local resorts.
Spoke to Mummy, he was disappointed he hurt his ankle because he missed out on paintball yesterday arvo.
Joey was at the table with us. They gave him a massive bowl of muesli and fruit. He said to us "I was hoping to get some eggs, there is nothing wrong with eggs". I offered him mine but he politely declined. I am sure you would have done the same Prim and Jewels, but probably one of your own!:surprise:

Horse did a good presentation using clips from the GF.
The main points from the game he used were:

Hanners get smashed in grabbing that mark early on
Macca spoiling and LRT talking on D50
LRT harrassing, followed by Goodes and Mitch laying a tackle;
Mitch, winning two-on-one, allowing Keiran to score.

He also showed frames from the final minute where every player has a role and are marking their man. All except Goodesy who, as shown in the pic, was being directed by Pebbles (as Horse and the players refer to him) in the goal mouth.
Horse also mentioned how he hoped they could just have enough stoppages in that final minute, with the four point lead, to hold out the game. He didn't want any shots on goal as a miss would lead to a Hawks kick-in and possible goal. But as he said "Ned Kelly had to go and be a hero".
Now I just have to get through, work and pick up the kids from school for the training clinic this afternoon.

satchmopugdog
31st January 2013, 10:18 AM
Thanks Rogue...it's almost like being there

RogueSwan
31st January 2013, 10:21 AM
Oh, the Cup was there too!

Triple B
31st January 2013, 12:19 PM
Joey was at the table with us. They gave him a massive bowl of muesli and fruit. He said to us "I was hoping to get some eggs, there is nothing wrong with eggs". I offered him mine but he politely declined. I am sure you would have done the same Prim and Jewels, but probably one of your own!:surprise:

Hehehehe, I could just imagine if our RWO girls were at the table....

Joey: "How do you like your eggs?"
Girls (in unison): "Fertilised...."

RogueSwan
31st January 2013, 01:30 PM
I can't blame Jetta for not being at the breakfast.
Dolphin Magic Ultimate Experience (http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=14480779&l=c5cf34b3f2&id=100740515324)

Primmy
31st January 2013, 02:15 PM
I can't blame Jetta for not being at the breakfast.
Dolphin Magic Ultimate Experience (http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=14480779&l=c5cf34b3f2&id=100740515324)Jetts looks happy but the dolfin looks positively blissed out and I don't blame her.

Re the eggs. umm.....nup, will make do with a massive cuddle.

RogueSwan
31st January 2013, 07:43 PM
Had a great afternoon at the kids clinic.
The kids had about 40 mins of training and playing with most of the team. No Goodesy to my kids disappointment.
My daughter (nine) now has a new favourite though, Gooba McDonald to her, Gary Rohan to the rest of us. He was great with the kids and even when I thought my daughter was getting pretty annoying he stilled played along and pulled faces for her to take pictures. Even when they were leaving my daughter walked with him to the bus and gave a big high five. As he got on the bus he "that is my new name, Gooba. And don't forget my number, 16". Just great. :clap:
And gees is he tall. I was standing on the first row of the grandstand and Gary at the bottom and he as tall as me! Can't wait to see him back on the field.

DamY
31st January 2013, 08:13 PM
He'd be the best uncle

Kirkari
31st January 2013, 09:04 PM
Had a great afternoon at the kids clinic.
The kids had about 40 mins of training and playing with most of the team. No Goodesy to my kids disappointment.
My daughter (nine) now has a new favourite though, Gooba McDonald to her, Gary Rohan to the rest of us. He was great with the kids and even when I thought my daughter was getting pretty annoying he stilled played along and pulled faces for her to take pictures. Even when they were leaving my daughter walked with him to the bus and gave a big high five. As he got on the bus he "that is my new name, Gooba. And don't forget my number, 16". Just great. :clap:
And gees is he tall. I was standing on the first row of the grandstand and Gary at the bottom and he as tall as me! Can't wait to see him back on the field.

That kid is absolutely golden.

RogueSwan
1st February 2013, 09:26 AM
He even hammed it up for my daughter to take a pic.

DamY
1st February 2013, 10:46 AM
haha have you tweeted that to him! I'm sure he'd love to see it

RogueSwan
1st February 2013, 12:41 PM
I went to the open training session this morning. Took some pics but I just had to share this vid of the boys playing soccer at the end of the session. Great cross by Macca and brilliant from Armstrong but his celebration was better.
http://telly.com/1HEOXM

BillyRayCypress
1st February 2013, 01:25 PM
Hehehehe, I could just imagine if our RWO girls were at the table....

Joey: "How do you like your eggs?"
Girls (in unison): "Fertilised...."

:clap::clap::rofl

Hard to beat !!!

stellation
1st February 2013, 07:44 PM
:clap::clap::rofl

Hard to beat !!!

They are after they're fertilised!

Primmy
2nd February 2013, 09:51 AM
I went to the open training session this morning. Took some pics but I just had to share this vid of the boys playing soccer at the end of the session. Great cross by Macca and brilliant from Armstrong but his celebration was better.
http://telly.com/1HEOXMHilarous! What a personality. For moment I thought it was Spangher! We have our own contender for mulletman.

Triple B
2nd February 2013, 10:43 AM
They are after they're fertilised!

Noice :rofl

Wardy
3rd February 2013, 02:04 PM
oh my god JPK really is beautiful!!!

giant
3rd February 2013, 06:35 PM
http://telly.com/1HEOXM

Fabulous, reminds me of his Zumba lessons from last year. Hope the kid gets a crack, get the feeling he could become a real cult figure.

BillyRayCypress
4th February 2013, 01:35 PM
Hilarous! What a personality. For moment I thought it was Spangher! We have our own contender for mulletman.

Primmy, that's not a mullet.

As self appointed President of the "That's NOT a Mullett Assoc" , a mullet is defined as "business at the front and party at the back". Walker and Maric fall within this category.

TA just has long hair.

I hope that a pyke is as close as we ever get to having our own mulletman.

giant
4th February 2013, 06:55 PM
Any word on intra-club game yet? Isn't it usually early Feb?

BillyRayCypress
4th February 2013, 09:52 PM
Any word on intra-club game yet? Isn't it usually early Feb?

Usually the week before the first NAB cup game.

Primmy
5th February 2013, 04:42 PM
Its this friday. Warmup at 8.30 am I am told. Game starts at 9am.

ugg
5th February 2013, 05:35 PM
Its this friday. Warmup at 8.30 am I am told. Game starts at 9am.
As in Friday the 8th?

Primmy
6th February 2013, 09:30 AM
Yes

RogueSwan
18th February 2013, 09:47 AM
I don't know, the 2012 cup won by the Sydney SWANS looks okay to me.

Looks like they have gotten the trophy engraved properly.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BDIVejhCAAAWlnC.jpg:large

Maybe Al has nicked it because looking at where it says Sydney on this latest pic it is obviously different from the Cup that has been doing the rounds.

Jewels
18th February 2013, 11:31 AM
Looks like they have gotten the trophy engraved properly.

Why on earth is Patrick Cummins holding the cup?

BillyRayCypress
18th February 2013, 12:46 PM
Why on earth is Patrick Cummins holding the cup?

Jewels there are 6 Swans boys on the Central Coast TODAY. Jarrad and Ted are the seniors and 4 youngies. They will be doing 2 clinics both at 4 pm. One will be up at Bateau Bay, Passage Road Oval and the other will be at Paddy Clifton Oval, Showground Road at Narara. I'm guessing Ted will be at Narara.

Then at 6 pm a private dinner with local Junior Club Presidents at Breakers at Wamberal.

So a chance to get to see them without the crowds.

Primmy
18th February 2013, 07:34 PM
Got a private invite didn't you Billy. mutter mutter mutter. Not that you don't deserve it, but.....

BillyRayCypress
19th February 2013, 11:17 AM
Got a private invite didn't you Billy. mutter mutter mutter. Not that you don't deserve it, but.....

and it was excellent!!!! I will do a full report today. Lots of news from it. Trying to find my camera cable to download photo's. Macca couldn't make it and he was replaced by Kurt Tippett.

Jewels
19th February 2013, 11:53 AM
and it was excellent!!!! I will do a full report today. Lots of news from it. Trying to find my camera cable to download photo's. Macca couldn't make it and he was replaced by Kurt Tippett.

Thank you for that info Billy Ray, unfortunately I was stuck working and couldn't get out of it.
Just my luck, I would love to have had a quick chat to Tippett to try and get a bit of a feel for how "Swanlike" he is, and missing Teddy just breaks my heart, he is one hell of a lovely man.