PDA

View Full Version : Election Day Sept 14

royboy42
30th January 2013, 03:25 PM
Shouldn't bother us.

We'll probably have that weekend off after winning the Qualifying the week before , and be preparing for the Prelim the next weekend?

Just as well Footscray are dud, so the PM won't be torn about where to be on Election Day!

Swansongster
30th January 2013, 08:06 PM
Shouldn't bother us.

We'll probably have that weekend off after winning the Qualifying the week before , and be preparing for the Prelim the next weekend?

Just as well Footscray are dud, so the PM won't be torn about where to be on Election Day!

I was listening to ABC 774 this afternoon and Rafa Epstein (presenter) read a text from someone that said (paraphrased): "September 14, exactly two weeks before the Sydney Swans beat Hawthorn again in the Grand Final." If that texter reads this site, good onya. I'd like to see that.

Cardinal
30th January 2013, 09:17 PM
I was listening to ABC 774 this afternoon and Rafa Epstein (presenter) read a text from someone that said (paraphrased): "September 14, exactly two weeks before the Sydney Swans beat Hawthorn again in the Grand Final." If that texter reads this site, good onya. I'd like to see that.

Bold prediction to pick our opponents in the gf so far out.

31st January 2013, 08:25 AM
Bold prediction to pick our opponents in the GF so far out.

Love it!

We can continue to be smug about our Premiership until the new season starts.

royboy42
31st January 2013, 11:45 AM
Love it!

We can be smug till our season ENDS!

Sandridge
1st February 2013, 09:25 AM

I never expected to see one premiership, let alone two. I plan on being smug forever!

ScottH
1st February 2013, 11:14 AM
I never expected to see one premiership, let alone two. I plan on being smug forever!

Darn tootin'!!

goswannie14
1st February 2013, 08:37 PM
I was listening to ABC 774 this afternoon and Rafa Epstein (presenter) read a text from someone that said (paraphrased): "September 14, exactly two weeks before the Sydney Swans beat Hawthorn again in the Grand Final." If that texter reads this site, good onya. I'd like to see that.Yes I heard that too....I wish I had thought of it.

Seriously though, it was also mentioned that Sept 14 is the Day of Atonement for our Jewish Friends. For them it's sort of like having an election of Good Friday.

Cheer_Cheer
2nd February 2013, 08:17 AM
I was just saying the day before the election date was announced that she wouldn't be stupid enough to pick a Sept date.. I was wrong.. She is that stupid..

erica
2nd February 2013, 08:38 AM
I was just saying the day before the election date was announced that she wouldn't be stupid enough to pick a Sept date.. I was wrong.. She is that stupid..

What does it matter? Do a postal vote beforehand if it's a problem. Elections come and go while everyone else just gets on living their lives.

Big Al
2nd February 2013, 08:54 AM

For most people it isn't an issue.

ScottH
2nd February 2013, 10:51 AM
For most people it isn't an issue.

It is for me. :(
Not due to finals though.

WolfGang
6th February 2013, 12:31 AM
You can generally vote 2 to 4 weeks before the election - at a place called the Early Voting Center.
In mid/late August contact your Election office for your electorate (if known), if unknown, call your Federal Election office in your state - this is a permanent office - manned by staff who should be able to advise you of where your Election office is in your electorate - this is usually only one location within your electorate - it may not be very local if you are in a physical large sized electorate - but if you are a metro elector - the office will be somewhere within your electorate.
Note: The Aust Electoral Comm only rent out premises for approx 3 to 4 months prior to Fed Election (this includes about 2 weeks after the Election - so the office used usually changes for each Election - and depends on what office space the Aust Electoral Comm can rent for a short time.
Best thing about voting early - the hours are usually 9am to 5pm weekdays - with one night a week open later - i.e. Thursday's ( the one that I worked at where they are open till 8pm) - and when you go - if there are 3 people in front of you when you vote - that's the busy time !! - and yes - there will be people out the front handing out how-to-vote cards. ( unsure about weekend availability)
***** If voting out of your electorate ( but within the same State - you can also vote at your local Early Voting Center early (the last time I checked - but verify for yourself) +++++
So Vote early - then no issue !!
##### Things always change - so check out all the details for yourself - and do what suits you !!!! *****
Note: Postal votes are also an option as well - but a bit of messing around I have found.

Sorry, Missed about voting in an Electorate in a different State to where you are registered. you have a couple of options. (I'm not 100% sure about all options)
- Enroll in the new state where you now reside - change of Enrollment details available at the Post Office or On-Line.
- You can possibly apply for a postal vote for your old enrolled address ( unsure if this will work)
- Best Bet - call the Federal Electoral Office in your New/old state and ask them whats best for your situation.

Wardy
10th February 2013, 12:47 PM
LETS START A NATIONWIDE CAMPAIGN - IF THEY WANT TO INFLICT THIS PAIN ON US FOR 9 MONTHS - THEN LETS STICK RIGHT BACK AT THEM AND NIP IT IN THE BUD NOW!!! - POSTAL VOTE NOW!!! - you know it makes sense.........................