PDA

View Full Version : Jetta and Armstrong in Indigenous All Stars side

ScottH
1st February 2013, 06:55 AM
Sydney Swans pair Lewis Jetta and Tony Armstrong have been named in the Indigenous All-Stars squad that will play an exhibition match against Richmond in Alice Springs on February 8.

Jetts and Armstrong amongst All-Stars - SYDNEYSWANS.com.au (http://www.sydneyswans.com.au/news/2013-01-31/jetts-and-armstrong-amongst-allstars)

DeadlyAkkuret
1st February 2013, 10:58 AM
Don't get injured.

royboy42
1st February 2013, 11:07 AM
Don't get injured.

And that's exactly why clubs are reluctant to release guys for a State of Origin.

jono2707
1st February 2013, 11:46 AM
It's called footy - there is always a chance of getting injured. The honour of having them selected for a representative team far outweighs any concerns re injury in my mind.

Congrats to them both!

DamY
1st February 2013, 12:26 PM
I would die if Jetta was injured!!! But yeah it would be awesome to see him playing with Buddy!!!! Gah awesome

BillyRayCypress
1st February 2013, 02:00 PM
I would die if Jetta was injured!!! But yeah it would be awesome to see him playing with Buddy!!!! Gah awesome

I wonder if Rioli will keep chasing him around.

ScottH
1st February 2013, 03:15 PM
I wonder if Rioli will keep chasing him around.

He's not in the team.
They may have picked the team based on each players performance in their last game.

goswannie14
1st February 2013, 08:38 PM
MickeyO is the coach of the team.

Primmy
2nd February 2013, 09:52 AM
Insider trading!!!

swansrob
2nd February 2013, 10:22 AM
MickeyO is the coach of the team.
A. Goodes is an assistant. B. Goodes is playing

Big Al
2nd February 2013, 10:24 AM
Don't get injured.

It's why I hate these games. The clubs must hold their breath every time their players go near the ball.

Triple B
2nd February 2013, 10:42 AM
In the case of younger players, the benefits the guys will gain far outweighs the minor chance of injury. They will both be much better off as footballers for the experience...

Nico
2nd February 2013, 12:44 PM
It's why I hate these games. The clubs must hold their breath every time their players go near the ball.

Don't worry too much Al, it will probably be a no tackling match. The Tigers will be the ones collectively holding their breath. Good hitout for our boys anyway. Just another practice match. I suspects Jetts will be just hanging around the flanks for a few free possessions.

R-1
2nd February 2013, 02:11 PM
In the case of younger players, the benefits the guys will gain far outweighs the minor chance of injury. They will both be much better off as footballers for the experience...

Yeah, I agree. Plus it's not like Jetts plays a high injury risk game.

Also, the three Jettas in one side might be interesting.

Nico
2nd February 2013, 04:05 PM
Yeah, I agree. Plus it's not like Jetts plays a high injury risk game.

Also, the three Jettas in one side might be interesting.

They will all get called Leroy.

DamY
2nd February 2013, 04:29 PM
They will all get called Leroy.

I dunno, after his performance this year, I would say we have the premier Jetta. The only notable performance from the other Jettas I know is Leroy's acting onfield and an unfortunate instance when for once he had been struck by another player but his reputation preceded him and the umpire thought he was bull@@@@ting.
But I am a one-eyed Swans fan

giant
2nd February 2013, 05:36 PM
It's called footy - there is always a chance of getting injured. The honour of having them selected for a representative team far outweighs any concerns re injury in my mind.

Congrats to them both!

Hear hear.

annew
2nd February 2013, 09:32 PM
Is it televised?

YvonneH
5th February 2013, 09:00 AM
Is it televised?

Article in Daily Telegraph says 8:30pm on NTIV

ScottH
5th February 2013, 09:56 AM
Article in Daily Telegraph says 8:30pm on NTIV

It's not on their website guide, or the TV guide.
But, the Tigers are streaming it on their website. Official AFL Website of the Richmond Football Club - RICHMONDFC.com.au/ (www.richmondfc.com.au)

erica
5th February 2013, 11:09 AM
I asked the AFL on twitter and they replied: Live on The official website of the Australian Football League - AFL.com.au (http://afl.to/cT5Nzn).

No mention of free to air TV from them.

Triple B
5th February 2013, 01:03 PM
I tweeted FoxFooty last night if they were showing it either live or on delay.

Got donuts back from them so far.

If I tweeted "How good was the documentary on Two Dogs, the leader of the black foot Indians in the late 18th century. Well done Fox..." it would have been retweeted in less than 5 minutes. :rolleyes:

Ruck'n'Roll
7th February 2013, 09:55 AM
If Armstong gets a full game, it will be a good thing for him I think.

ScottH
8th February 2013, 09:06 PM
Watch it here.
Tigers in Alice - RICHMONDFC.com.au (http://www.richmondfc.com.au/news-and-media/tigers-in-alice)

All Stars 6.1
Tigers 1.1

Bloods05
8th February 2013, 09:49 PM
Fox Footy's failure to televise this game instead of endless reruns is disgraceful. Typical Murdoch contempt for the viewers.

Cpt. Kirk
8th February 2013, 09:52 PM
^^ Brilliant post. the quality of the stream makes it hard to watch, would of been good if it was on NiTV aswell.

Big Al
8th February 2013, 11:07 PM
Fox Footy's failure to televise this game instead of endless reruns is disgraceful. Typical Murdoch contempt for the viewers.

Could it be they didn't have the rights to the game?

J_Moore
8th February 2013, 11:10 PM
At a guess, I'd say the stadium in Alice isn't set up for it. Fox would not be able to properly set up the necessary equipment needed to deliver a broadcast-quality feed. It's a reasonably involved process - even getting an adequate power supply is often an issue.

Swansongster
9th February 2013, 09:36 AM
No mention of Jetta or Armstrong. Good. They didn't get injured.

If anyone watched the game; What contribution our boys?

http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/all-stars-too-strong-for-the-tigers-20130208-2e4iz.html

liz
9th February 2013, 09:45 AM
No mention of Jetta or Armstrong. Good. They didn't get injured.

If anyone watched the game; What contribution our boys?

All Stars too strong for the Tigers (http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/all-stars-too-strong-for-the-tigers-20130208-2e4iz.html)

I watched most of the game, though the quality of the stream made it hard to keep concentrating too much. Armstrong played across half back and got a bit of the ball, was defensively sound and generally distributed it well. The efforts of the Richmond team were such that manic defending was just not required.

Jetta played like it was a meaningless pre-season game - ie he drifted around, didn't particularly exert himself to get to any contests, didn't get much of the ball but used it well when he did. He delivered a couple of excellent long balls into the forward line that led directly to scoring shots but that was about it.

Swansongster
9th February 2013, 09:54 AM
I watched most of the game, though the quality of the stream made it hard to keep concentrating too much. Armstrong played across half back and got a bit of the ball, was defensively sound and generally distributed it well. The efforts of the Richmond team were such that manic defending was just not required.

Jetta played like it was a meaningless pre-season game - ie he drifted around, didn't particularly exert himself to get to any contests, didn't get much of the ball but used it well when he did. He delivered a couple of excellent long balls into the forward line that led directly to scoring shots but that was about it.

Thanks Liz. With the benefit of hindsight (and no injuries), a great honour for both. Their confidence snd reputation can only be enhanced from the exercise.

Primmy
9th February 2013, 11:12 AM
I like the fact that Jetts is delivering the ball to inside 50 with accuracy. He was doing it last year, but it looks like he is going to be quite a weapon beyond what we think he is now. tony just looked like he was having fun (the long haired lout).

dimelb
9th February 2013, 11:22 AM
I like the fact that Jetts is delivering the ball to inside 50 with accuracy. He was doing it last year, but it looks like he is going to be quite a weapon beyond what we think he is now. tony just looked like he was having fun (the long haired lout).

Horrifying prospect for the opposition. His beautifully weighted kicks in the GF to set up goals will live long in the memory.

Triple B
9th February 2013, 11:56 AM
Horrifying prospect for the opposition. His beautifully weighted kicks in the GF to set up goals will live long in the memory.

He's a magnificent kick, isn't he.

Pretty sure I mentioned it before, but watching his sublime field kicking it is almost impossible to believe he kicked 19 straight behinds before snagging his first goal in league footy...

dimelb
9th February 2013, 12:24 PM

Pretty sure I mentioned it before, but watching his sublime field kicking it is almost impossible to believe he kicked 19 straight behinds before snagging his first goal in league footy...

He can afford to laugh now - and so can we!

Ludwig
9th February 2013, 02:01 PM
When Jetts lined up at the centre bounces he did a lot of hand waiving and pointing and calling out instructions, the way Goodesy does, which I saw as a good sign. Didn't get too involved in the game, but looked mature and confident.

I was impressed with Amstrong's disposal. There was a passage of play where he made 3 excellent kicks in succession. He also made some quick decisions hand balling. He wasn't involved all that much, but what I saw was impressive. If only Rhyce could kick the ball like Tony. I feel quite certain that Tony has the quality to be a permanent fixture in our side, if we have a spot for him.

Doctor
10th February 2013, 12:10 AM
Tony will have a place. We are clearly including succession planning as part of our plan for continued success (I love this club) and Armstrong is the next cab off the rank. He'll be with us for a long time as long as he continues to develop and play the way we know he can.

sharp9
10th February 2013, 10:54 AM

Watched a replay of the Bulldogs game the other night where Brucey had just waxed lyrical about Jetta being the best field kick in the AFL....this drew a raised eyebrow and "aha?" from Dennis...then about 90 seconds later Jets delivers an across the body left footer from the boundary to a player in space 30m out directly in front.....said player did not have to break stride to mark....."There you go" says Bruce :-)