PDA

View Full Version : Practice Match - date I was given is wrong

Primmy
7th February 2013, 06:56 PM
Is NOT tomorrow, 8th Feb as I was told (and just found out it's not)....its NEXT Friday, 15th February.

stellation
7th February 2013, 07:01 PM
Thanks for the update, Primmy! I might make a diversion thatta way thatta day!

7th February 2013, 08:39 PM
Those of us who can't make it would appreciate a comprehensive report on the game. Multiple persons impressions quite ok :-)

We know there will be an official blurb on the Swans website but we want to know what really went on!

ScottH
8th February 2013, 08:44 AM
What time is the game?

royboy42
8th February 2013, 11:53 AM
They had a 40 minute hit out today, 60 minutes next friday and 80 minutes the following Friday.

Triple B
8th February 2013, 01:11 PM
They had a 40 minute hit out today, 60 minutes next friday and 80 minutes the following Friday.

That's the weekend of the first game, can't see them having an 80 minute hitout on that Friday.

royboy42
8th February 2013, 03:41 PM
You're right 3B..nor can I.
Maybe i misheard..maybe 40 mins last Fri, 60 today and 80 next Friday..in fact, that may make sense as i believe AFL umpires will operate with them next Friday.
The sun may have got to me this morning, but it sure did'nt SEEM like 2 30 minute halves. The Agent may have thoughts on this.
I know for sure that Jess went off hopping on one leg with what LOOKED like a nasty ankle.

undy
8th February 2013, 04:30 PM
Henry says 40 minutes (http://www.sydneyswans.com.au/video/2013-02-08/swanstv-intraclub-highlights)

8th February 2013, 04:47 PM
Three players mentioned in dispatches, McVeigh, Brandon Jack and Cunningham.

Anyone who was there, did Mitchell play?

ugg
8th February 2013, 04:51 PM
B.Jack did look impressive in the video. I also had a look at the Facebook photos and didn't spot Mitchell in any of them. Goodes, Mattner, Smith, Mumford, McGlynn, Everitt and not surprisingly Rohan were the other notable players that weren't spotted either.

royboy42
8th February 2013, 04:59 PM
Mitchell ran a few laps//no skills..Gaz was looking on today..no running or walking, but who knows what he did in the rooms...Brandon Jack did a bit and so did his big bro...young Brandon sure has some speed. JMcV was usual reliable self. and I didn't particularly note Cunningham, but with strange numbers and so many looking alike, it's not so easy.
Membery continues to impress me, kicked a nice set shot from 50 or so, and makes himself a constant target. Mummy didn't play in the practice , but worked with the ruck coach on hit out accuracy for half an hour..Teddy has not lost one ounce of his defensive skills..Rhyce showed his speed has not diminished one iota with a few trademark runs. Hanners, ROK and Joey Kennedy as always. LRT in right place at right time a few times.
No Goodes or Jets of course..off with the Indig against Richmond.
Marty did laps and some agility..coming good..I thought Everitt was good today..he seems to have put a bit of meat on , but his speed and ability to get to the ball looked impressive.
For some reason Benny only played about 30% of the prac..he was jumping out of his skin to get back on, but only brought back for the last couple of minutes..looked fine when he was there tho..
Smithy did laps..so too did Mitch Morton

Reggi
9th February 2013, 11:03 AM
On the video the other day Horse called out Everitt's per season

Gee B jack looks quick. He is skinny and raw, but ww fast

Looks like an exciting player to watch

ugg
14th February 2013, 11:35 AM
So can anyone confirm that the intraclub is indeed tomorrow? Nothing official on the club website.

Starting time? 9?

ScottH
14th February 2013, 12:09 PM
So can anyone confirm that the intraclub is indeed tomorrow? Nothing official on the club website.

Starting time? 9?

I asked @swanssupport on twitter a few days ago and they replied to call the club for details.

stellation
14th February 2013, 01:25 PM
I asked @swanssupport on twitter a few days ago and they replied to call the club for details.
I guess @swanssupportwhenitsuitsus was taken. ;)

Triple B
14th February 2013, 01:55 PM
There was a roundabout mention of the intraclub this week in one of the interviews during the week from memory. One of the players alluded to having a run 'on Friday'..

ugg
14th February 2013, 02:03 PM
Yep and Jude's Twitter referenced it too.

ABloodsMan
14th February 2013, 02:23 PM
I doubt they would have an intraclub match a day before they play nab cup. Would have to be tomorrow.

wolftone57
14th February 2013, 02:24 PM
Yep and Jude's Twitter referenced it too.

What time 9am?

Primmy
14th February 2013, 03:55 PM
Intraclub tomorrow with official umps on deck. 8.30 warm up, 9ish start. Our first nab game is 24th.

Doctor
15th February 2013, 12:04 PM
Any reports? I was following the Twitter feed but wondered if any RWO types were there.

Primmy
15th February 2013, 12:12 PM
Yep we were there, but being an old fart you can forget twitter by phone. thought I saw ugg in attendance, but I may have been wrong. It rained a bit, and that made the surface very slippery but it was heard that the ground itself was very hard.

As usual they played their hearts out, witness the smother attempts! Its an intraclub match boys!!!!

I think we will keep Tippo. Jesse delivered a low flat flyer (I think it was Jesse) that you could hear land like a kick from a horse. Tippo is obviously trusted by the boys, so we have a positive there, they directed quite a bit of traffic towards him. Not accurate goal kicker though.

Interesting drills though. Lots of coordination, placement kicks, etc Lots more goal practice

Watched Gaz snap a goal from outside the boundary line that sailed through and he was extremely happy. Pity he wasn't playing. anyway he ran laps, which got progressively slower, and by the fifth he was at slow jog with limp. Don't hold your breath people, its going to take a fair bit of time.

Adam Goodes looks mighty fine without a guernsey on. So does Smooch. Other boundary runners were Tom Mitchell, Marty, MM, and they also did the male athlete thing. But Goodsey and Smooch are standouts.

Watched Mummy push a stationary bike across the road, up the paving and over to the Powerade tent on Lakeside oval. When it stopped raining, he got on it and pedaled, and pedaled and pedaled. the whole game. Obviously did not want to be the only boy in the gym, so brought the bike over the road - he is definitely different, that pedaling was relentless.

Jetts has so much spacial awareness its freaky. So has Kizz.

Brandon Jack is called BJ. Mike Pyke, is MikePyke. they use both names.

Drey Everett is pushing for selection. big time. Tony Armstrong also. He is a good, good player. Better than before, both of them .

Little Benny, is little. Smart and quick, but oh, he is little.

Rhyce is noisy, and a very good coach. NicMal was on fire. Playing better than ever. Jude kicked and goaled from about 45, so no worries there. The ruck coach has a host of options to work with. LRT has the blondest hair ever - lots of surfing has gone into that mop.

Of the new boys, I rather think Brandon Jack isn't aware he is a rookie. the other kids are kids, and are not yet demanding attention. BUT the potential and talent is evident all round. the sidewalk superintendants (that's us) were left in no doubt that the future is healthy.

Can't give you much else, everyone was soggy and all looked alike, and the numbers they wore rarely matched the bodies.

ugg
15th February 2013, 12:13 PM
Yep that was me. I saw you Primmy but you looked too comfortable in your chair so I didn't want to disturb you

Big Al
15th February 2013, 12:33 PM
Did we win?

gumby_bolts
15th February 2013, 12:35 PM
Nope, umps robbed us.

jono2707
15th February 2013, 12:38 PM
Did we win?

I wasn't there but I predict - yes and no....

Hoping to hear some updates on the youngsters to see who looked good. Of the regulars, I kinda know they go ok (if their last proper match was anything to go by).

Primmy
15th February 2013, 01:01 PM
And another thing. Jesse may yet become the player a lot of us suspect he has hidden in there.

Next time ugg, say hello. We get too shy don't we, just in case we have the wrong person. Can't miss me. I look like a snow cone.

Oh and Spike McVeigh was watching on too. Not starting any rumours here, just saying........He and Peter Berbakov (sic) were in deep conversation.......

aardvark
15th February 2013, 01:08 PM
Did we win?

Hello....Big Al's emerged from the premiership hangover....have you stopped basking in the premiership glory?????:smile:

Triple B
15th February 2013, 02:05 PM
Oh and Spike McVeigh was watching on too. Not starting any rumours here, just saying........He and Peter Berbakov (sic) were in deep conversation.......

As old teammates they'd have plenty to talk about given the recent events at their old club...

Doctor
15th February 2013, 03:45 PM
Hello....Big Al's emerged from the premiership hangover....have you stopped basking in the premiership glory?????:smile:

Why should he? I haven't! We're Premiers until the end of September, even if we don't win the thing again (which we will). :smile:

Doctor
15th February 2013, 03:46 PM
Thanks for the report too Primmy, even if the male athlete bit is a little lost on me. :wink:

DLBIA14
15th February 2013, 03:47 PM
And another thing. Jesse may yet become the player a lot of us suspect he has hidden in there.

Next time ugg, say hello. We get too shy don't we, just in case we have the wrong person. Can't miss me. I look like a snow cone.

He is distantly involved with the club as per this article: http://north-shore-times.whereilive.com.au/sport/story/hes-back-to-make-his-mark-essendon-bombers-mark-mcveigh/

ScottH
15th February 2013, 03:49 PM
Wuey has impressed with Tippett.
Tippett Fires for Swans (http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/tippett-fires-for-swans-20130215-2ehh4.html)

Big Al
15th February 2013, 05:10 PM

Well let's just say I hope the players don't share my attitude. I have a feeling this pesky thing called the 2013 season is just going to get in the way of my continued "basking".

Been listening to this on the train this week...

The Sunday Inquisition - ABC Grandstand Sport - ABC News (Australian Broadcasting Corporation) (http://www.abc.net.au/news/2012-09-30/the-sunday-inquisition/4288612?section=sport)

Ruck'n'Roll
16th February 2013, 02:08 PM
Thanks Primmy.
I hope Kurt's kicking improves, hate to see shots at goal wasted by Swans forwards. Interesting that they pitted him against Grundy and Ted, because it was LRT who gave him a bath in the Adelaide final.

ugg
16th February 2013, 02:24 PM
LRT was Mr. Invisible yesterday. In fact after the match concluded I was pretty sure he didn't play but then saw that Longmire mentioned him briefly in the post-match interview. Not sure how I could miss LRT out there with his height, gangly arms, floppy hair and the added fact he was only one of two players wearing a cap yesterday; he isn't exactly Mr. Inconspicuous. But I really have no idea where he played or even which team he played for.

stellation
16th February 2013, 04:18 PM
Minor observation, but I saw that GWS opted to have their intra club hit out on a Saturday morning so more folks could toddle along. Smart move.

ugg
16th February 2013, 05:28 PM
Port had theirs on their fan day, drew a crowd of a few thousand there.

stellation
16th February 2013, 06:06 PM
That's a pretty smart move, as well. I sometimes wonder if the club takes full advantage of the opportunities presented by things like intra clubs and reserves fixtures; not suggesting that they should exclusively tailor to fans/potential fans, but it should be a consideration when scheduling the calendar for the year.

Primmy
16th February 2013, 06:36 PM
Prob ably a lot to do with venue/s. We have SCG, and no, the SCG won't be handing over the ground just yet, and we have Lakeside. No parking, Major markets next door on a Saturday, no fan catering available other than around the fence line. Not surprised its held on Friday. Also the loo situation is extremely limited.

royboy42
16th February 2013, 07:14 PM
Rarely more than half a dozen of us at training when it's at Lakeside, mostly because of the reasons listed by Prim, including NO seating, not even a scummy cheap park bench!

Plus if cricket is at the SCG or someone on the Trust feels like it, NO parking anywhere.

No SCG usually till into March, even then not too many at open sessions (and only one of them per week).

Yet Collingwood regularly have 1500 or so...beats me.

And don't even talk about the Ressies..If it rains at Gosford three days before a SCG ressies match, they move it as far from the SCG as possible.

And when we do get a home game preceding the firsts, they wn't open the gates till the umpires blow their whistles!.

Lots to be done yet!

stellation
16th February 2013, 08:53 PM
Prob ably a lot to do with venue/s. We have SCG, and no, the SCG won't be handing over the ground just yet, and we have Lakeside. No parking, Major markets next door on a Saturday, no fan catering available other than around the fence line. Not surprised its held on Friday. Also the loo situation is extremely limited.
But I don't really think any of those factors would stop them holding it at Lakeside on a Saturday instead. GWS held theirs at a suburban oval, I believe, and not at their home ground.

It's a minor thing, but it just makes me wonder how much of a consideration it is.

Auntie.Gerald
17th February 2013, 07:46 AM
Mitchell ran a few laps//no skills..Gaz was looking on today..no running or walking, but who knows what he did in the rooms...Brandon Jack did a bit and so did his big bro...young Brandon sure has some speed. JMcV was usual reliable self. and I didn't particularly note Cunningham, but with strange numbers and so many looking alike, it's not so easy.
Membery continues to impress me, kicked a nice set shot from 50 or so, and makes himself a constant target. Mummy didn't play in the practice , but worked with the ruck coach on hit out accuracy for half an hour..Teddy has not lost one ounce of his defensive skills..Rhyce showed his speed has not diminished one iota with a few trademark runs. Hanners, ROK and Joey Kennedy as always. LRT in right place at right time a few times.
No Goodes or Jets of course..off with the Indig against Richmond.
Marty did laps and some agility..coming good..I thought Everitt was good today..he seems to have put a bit of meat on , but his speed and ability to get to the ball looked impressive.
For some reason Benny only played about 30% of the prac..he was jumping out of his skin to get back on, but only brought back for the last couple of minutes..looked fine when he was there tho..
Smithy did laps..so too did Mitch Morton

Roy thanks mate

in the video on the swans site Matthew Dick no 28 appeared to be involved in a lot of tackles and in the ruck fighting for the ball. Did you notice him much ?

And Jed with no 11 on his back popped up a couple of times

Great to see ROK still kicking it forward every time he gets it around the pack :(

royboy42
17th February 2013, 08:44 AM
AuntieG, that report is a week old..It was from Friday Feb 8. I can tell you that he (Dick)is attracting attention around he place.

dimelb
17th February 2013, 11:08 AM
Thanks Primmy and others for the comments. Much appreciated down here.

BillyRayCypress
17th February 2013, 12:47 PM
But I don't really think any of those factors would stop them holding it at Lakeside on a Saturday instead. GWS held theirs at a suburban oval, I believe, and not at their home ground.

They held it at Bruce Pursor Oval at Rouse Hill. The facilities are significantly better than Lakeside but the Swans could have also held it at a better AFL suburban ground.

Nico
17th February 2013, 03:42 PM
Roy thanks mate

in the video on the swans site Matthew Dick no 28 appeared to be involved in a lot of tackles and in the ruck fighting for the ball. Did you notice him much ?

And Jed with no 11 on his back popped up a couple of times

Great to see ROK still kicking it forward every time he gets it around the pack :(

Isn't that great about ROK. This time last year a few on here were questioning whether his time was up and he wasn't at all tuned up in the early season. Bonus, bonus bonus.

ugg
17th February 2013, 11:04 PM
60 minute game split into 3 terms of 20 minutes each. There were 3 AFL umpires, but only one boundary umpy with a trainer throwing it in on the other side of the oval. It wasn't raining at the start of the game but the ground was damp from the overnight drizzle. The heavens opened up after the first term but thankfully for the handful of supporters watching it did clear up for the last term.

The teams were supposedly random but I don't think this was completely true. The red team basically had the 'A' defence playing for them (sans Malceski) with Richards, Grundy, Towers, Shaw and Armstrong the forming what is likely to be the NAB Round 1 defensive core, Towers taking up an interesting role as a third tall defender. Smith and Johnson were restricted to running laps around the oval, along with Mattner, Mitchell and Morton. Rohan was also running laps but not with this group who were going at quite a pace. Mumford, with freshly minted beard, cycled on the stationary bike under cover whilst Goodes ran laps by himself, watched the game on his break and gave instructions and encouragement from the sidelines.

Membrey (gold) - Dick (red): Membrey is the love child of Parker and White, Jesse for his tatts and Luke for the blonde hair and the solid build. Dick had the better of this matchup for the first 2 terms, keeping Membrey very quiet with effective spoiling and close checking but Membrey bounced back with a strong third term where he had a hand in a few goals. The gold team tended to go for the two taller targets in Tippett and Walsh (later replaced by Reid; see below) so we didn't get much of an opportunity to see Membrey's contested marking skills. Dick is a lot bigger than I expected (no pun intended), quite a chunky lad and he'll probably play as a key defender in the reserves this year. The only blot on his copybook from this game was an ambitious pass across the defensive 50 which was smartly read by Jude who intercepted and made Dick pay by converting the set shot.
Shaw (red) - Biggs (gold): Rhyce has outlasted Malcelski in the beard growing stakes with his version still as bushy and full as it was on GF day while Mal has trimmed his significantly. Shaw was a loud voice in the backline and was constantly on the move with and without the football. Biggs (or "Shiggsy" if my hearing serves me correctly) had a different role as a defensive half forward, given that he played most of his football last year on the wing or off half back. He wasn't completely defensive though, showing off his excellent footskills in the second term by pinpointing Everitt in a pocket (who subsequently missed from the tight angle).
McVeigh (red) - K.Jack (gold): The skipper looked in tiptop condition and was had a solid hitout. Played a little more inside than usual but ran hard to all areas of the ground to impact play in both attack and defence. Hardly wasted a possession. Jack also looks to be in good nick and had a good runaround without really impacting on the game.
Hannebery (gold) - Lamb (red): Not sure if Hanners was on limited time but I didn't notice him until midway through the second term. His kicking was noticeably better, let's hope he keeps it up during the season. Lamb started as a high half forward but was then rotated through the midfield and spent most of his time in that area. He looked comfortable in that role with his clean hands in traffic very noticeable in the wet conditions. A very reliable set shot, he converted his one opportunity with calm and ease after juggling a mark just inside fifty.
O'Keefe (gold) - Parker (red): Great matchup in the middle with both players attacking the ball hard and getting first hands from taps quite often. O'Keefe probably just shaded Parker by adding a smartly taken, quick snapped goal (gold's first) to go along with his many clearances.
Cunningham (gold) - Jetta (red): I really enjoyed this matchup and both players did well during different stages of the game. I didn't feel Jetta was as influential as the Swans website has been making out. He was definitely very clean in the wet but his influence on the game itself was minimal. Harry did a great job of keeping Jets in check, including a brilliant (or lucky depending on how you saw it) strip of the ball from Jetta's hands just as he was about to take full flight into the open space. Cunningham was also responsible for a fantastic low drilled pass to Tippett that drew audible gasps of appreciation. Will be intriguing to see where Cunningham is utilised this year.
Tippett (gold) - T.Richards (red): When he finally gets on the park Tippett will be a source of excitement and frustration alike for Swans fans. First, the good news. He is a big, mobile target that will cause consternation and a general sense of uneasein the opposition defenders. He leads well, works hard, demands the ball and isn't afraid to use his size either to establish position or to run into packs. On the downside, his goalkicking looks to be in need of serious work. He had 7 shots on goal today, finishing with 3.3 and the other hitting the behind post. 5 of them were set shots and none were particularly difficult. He also failed to take a contested mark but we'll put that down to the conditions given that he has excelled in this area for the Crows. He also struggled to work well with the other forwards, tending to lead into the same spaces. This occurred most often when Walsh was on the field, but Reid seemed to read the situations better and ran into other areas. Having said all that, Ted did play Tippett relatively well, spoiling effectively and it must be noted he wasn't completely responsible for all of Tippo's goals.
Malceski (gold) - Had a brilliant game marshalling the gold defence, being the only senior defender in that group. He seemed to revel in the responsibility and in the freedom given to him. I can't recall exactly who he was matched up on, or if he even had an assigned man. He took multiple saving marks in defence and used the ball well in a sweeping role (except for one awful attempted pass on his right foot that travelled about 4 metres tops).
Kennedy (red) - Bird (gold): The official report indicated that JPK was matched up against Kizza but from my vantage point I thought Bird had the run-with role on the BS medallist. Bird found it hard to curb Kennedy at the stoppages but managed to gather quite a bit of the ball himself. Looked to have jarred a finger against an unkindly bouncing ball late in the game, but despite showing symptoms of intense pain managed to shake it off and finish off the match on the field.
Everitt (gold) - Towers (red): A very intriguing, and to me unexpected, matchup. Probably out of necessity due to absence of Johnson, Mattner and Smith but Towers started quite deep in defence. Everitt was quite anonymous in the first term and Towers led him to the ball a few times, but this matchup had a complete turnaround midway through the second term when Everitt pushed higher up the field and was soon proving to be a very effective link man, kicking one goal himself and having a direct hand in two others through some direct and precise kicking. It illustrated that Everitt is definitely better utilised as a tall wingman rather than a tall forward. Towers didn't looked completely comfortable with such a defensive role and didn't get a real opportunity to show off his much vaunted pace.
Walsh (gold) - Grundy (red): Walsh played only the first term as a deep lying forward target. As mentioned previously, he and Tippett struggled to work together and Walsh hardly touched the footy. Not sure if he went off due to injury. Conversely, Grundy saw a lot of the football when the gold team continuously turned the ball over going forward.
White (gold) - Pyke (red): Jesse rucked the whole game and wasn't afforded the same luxury as Pyke who had stints as a resting full forward, swapping with the rookie Naismith. On ruckwork alone, Pyke dominated White in the majority of the taps. As a full forward, Pyke almost pulled off a great mark whilst tumbling backwards off balance but unfortunately even his gloves couldn't prevent the wet ball from slithering away from his massive hands.
Armstrong (red) - B.Jack (gold): Armstrong looks good and finds targets with ease when in space but his output and in particular his decision making falls away alarmingly when under pressure. There were a few occasions when he refused to kick the ball while bring chased despite many of his teammates beseeching him to do so and sold himself into trouble as a result. Jack was very lively and keen to use his speed, he often took off straight away after marking the ball
Reid (red then gold) - Brown (gold) then Grundy (red): Reid took a spectacular pack mark very early in the first term (stock standard according to his highlights reel) but proceeded to smack his shot into right hand post. Didn't impact the scoreboard after that and credit must go to Brown who performed admirably given his height and reach difference. After swapping to the gold team for the last term, Reid and Tippett seemed to form a more natural partnership than the dysfunctional Walsh-Tippett combination that played out the first term.
McGlynn (gold): Sat out the first term and was itching to get in on the action, bouncing and kicking a footy along the sidelines. When his opportunity finally arrived, he played well kicking his customary goal on the run into an empty goalsquare and narrowly missing a long set shot from the top of the 50m arc. Great to see him back.
Lockyer (gold): Played in defence and helped Brown to handle Reid.
Bolton (red): Played mainly in the forwards and besides his intercept goal mentioned earlier, terrorised some of the youngsters in the gold defence with his maniacal pressure, chasing and tackling.
D.Robinson (red): "D-Ro" to his teammates, he had a few runs in the midfield without doing anything memorable.
LRT (???): Longmire said he played so he must have, but I didn't spot him at all.
Marsh (gold then red): Not only swapped teams but positions too. Started the game at halfback for the gold team marking Jed Lamb but later on assumed the role of a defensive forward for the red team. Showed terrific pace leading out of CHF. Kicked a very nice goal when after a goalsquare scramble, managed to pick up the loose ball, drop it quickly onto his foot and have it dribble over the goal line just as he was being tackled. Will be interesting to see where he plays, his draft profile says he played mainly in defence in his junior WA footy career, but the Swans have earmarked his attributes as being suited to being an inside mid.
Naismith (red) - X.Richards (gold): Naismith kicked the first goal after intercepting a gold defender's kick. Swapped with Pyke for short runs in the ruck against White. Limped off the ground (with his guernsey off for some reason?) but didn't seemed distressed at all and was in fact shouting encouragement to his teammates whilst doing so.
Rampe (gold then red) / Lloyd (red): Mixed up the 2 players during the day. Rampe seemed to play a little more behind the ball while Lloyd had a true midfielder's role.
Topups - There were at least 5 of them but I didn't recognise any of them, assume they must be Swans Academy players. A tallish kid wearing number 50 on the red team snapped 2 almost identical goals on his left foot.

I know the scoreboard means nothing in this game, but I did keep count for those interested

Red 3.1 5.5 6.6 (42)
Gold 0.1 3.2 6.8 (44)

Goals
Red Topup#50 2 Naismith Lamb Marsh Bolton
Gold Tippett 3 ROK McGlynn Everitt

One interesting tidbit, which may amount to absolutely nothing but circumstance was the cherry picker used to hoist a camera for an overhead shot was behind the goals at the Randwick end, instead of its usual position on the wing. There was another camera filming from that wing, and that's where we've seen the highlights on SwansTV, but it was at ground level.

ScottH
18th February 2013, 06:58 AM
Great work Ugg.
At least Tippett has a few weeks to straighten up his kicking.

dimelb
18th February 2013, 08:11 AM
Great work ugg, and thank you.

Primmy
18th February 2013, 09:36 AM
Well done ugg, beautiful work. You have a beautiful mind.

Kept an eye on LRT, white cap, spent nearly all of his time on the other side of the ground.

thought Jetts beard was as strong as the rest of them. What's with the mentality boys!

Watched Mummy power wheel his stationary bike over the road from the SCG, right up to the tent. Looks like he was told he had to take it himself if he want to play outdoors.

Oh and people, Rhyce Shaw had an engagement party last weekend, photo tweeted by Dane Swan (who I am surprised to say is smart; his tweets don't take up much room, don't occur very often, but are always succinct....follow him out of curiosity to see what a tatt man could do - learning all the time about never judging the book by its cover). As I was saying, congratulations to Rhyce, I am glad he is where he is.

ugg
18th February 2013, 10:21 AM
Thanks Primmy I knew my eyesight was starting to fail me but I didn't think it was that bad. So he was playing in defence for the gold team, interesting.

stellation
18th February 2013, 11:05 AM
Oh and people, Rhyce Shaw had an engagement party last weekend, photo tweeted by Dane Swan (who I am surprised to say is smart; his tweets don't take up much room, don't occur very often, but are always succinct....follow him out of curiosity to see what a tatt man could do - learning all the time about never judging the book by its cover). As I was saying, congratulations to Rhyce, I am glad he is where he is.
Holding an engagement party that will be attended by a fair few footy players in the middle of pre-season, smart way to keep the drinks tab down!

Primmy
18th February 2013, 11:41 AM
Holding an engagement party that will be attended by a fair few footy players in the middle of pre-season, smart way to keep the drinks tab down!:five:

erica
18th February 2013, 12:30 PM
Engaged to a Sydney girl, Primmy?

BillyRayCypress
18th February 2013, 12:53 PM
Well done ugg, beautiful work. You have a beautiful mind.

Primmy the NSW Government has recognised this and that is why the trams are going from Central via the SCG shortly. They want to give Ugg a job because of his memory. :D

Auntie.Gerald
18th February 2013, 01:28 PM
brilliant report !

Marsh is a footballer thru and thru..........cant wait to see him out there !

Nico
18th February 2013, 04:33 PM
What's with the players doing laps on a regular basis. Are they on a pre season rotation system perhaps. Appears we only have a couple of reported genuine injuries eg. Mattner, but plenty seem not to be ready yet.

Primmy
18th February 2013, 07:32 PM
All had operations nico,they have to do a certain amount of mileage (showing my age) before they are allowed game time, that's a given. Its also what keeps old men like Goodsey and Mattner on the park, and not so extremely young men like Smooch and MM on the side lines. Not sure if MM had an operation, but am absolutely sure there will be a reason. Always has been. You canna play if you haven't done the legwork. Get the ground work absolute and the end of the season the durability of the boys is evident.

Meg
18th February 2013, 10:38 PM
As an aside, the Gold team were wearing the guernsey design that GC Suns should have had. Predominately yellow with red trim. Would have distinguished them from the Swans colours and been more faithful to the lifesavers' colours (if that is what they had in mind as symbolic of the Gold Coast).

DamY
19th February 2013, 04:32 AM
What's with the players doing laps on a regular basis. Are they on a pre season rotation system perhaps. Appears we only have a couple of reported genuine injuries eg. Mattner, but plenty seem not to be ready yet.

Smooch had to have some sort of fluid or build up cleaned out of his knee/cartilage. MM had a groin issue I believe.

Hartijon
19th February 2013, 05:33 AM
Great work Ugg.
At least Tippett has a few weeks to straighten up his kicking.

He's been kicking crooked for years at Adelaide. His technique is faulty.It will take more than 2 weeks!

Melbourne_Blood
19th February 2013, 09:32 AM
Lucky He has 13 weeks then !

ScottH
19th February 2013, 10:15 AM
Lucky He has 13 weeks then !

Time for NickyD to earn his money.

Jewels
19th February 2013, 11:47 AM
Time for NickyD to earn his money.

If anyone can fix him, Dickie can!

Chilcott
19th February 2013, 12:42 PM
Did Tommy Mitchell play, or was he doing laps.

He will get dizzy at this rate.

ugg
19th February 2013, 02:20 PM
He was doing laps with the 'main' running group - Mattner, Morton and Johnson. Rohan, Goodes, Smith all ran by themselves at separate times and at slower rates.

rojo
20th February 2013, 12:59 PM
Should we be worried about Mummy? Not playing in the practice match or running laps but at least on the bike. Is he still recovering from his Grand Final week problem - it hasn't been mentioned over preseason training that that is the case has it?

Big Al
20th February 2013, 01:07 PM
Should we be worried about Mummy? Not playing in the practice match or running laps but at least on the bike. Is he still recovering from his Grand Final week problem - it hasn't been mentioned over preseason training that that is the case has it?

He did a full preseason but rolled an ankle 3 weeks ago. He hopes to play against the Saints in Rd2 of the Who cares Cup.

Mumford expects flag-waving Swans to fly under the radar (http://www.smh.com.au/afl/afl-news/mumford-expects-flagwaving-swans-to-fly-under-the-radar-20130218-2enql.html)

rojo
20th February 2013, 01:42 PM
Thanks Al - I obviously missed that bit of info along the way. It seems quite a long time since he has been able to show us his very best due to one injury or another.

Primmy
20th February 2013, 03:02 PM
Time for NickyD to earn his money.Case of Davis Come to Save Us again?