PDA

View Full Version : Petty Annoyance

Swanno
7th March 2013, 11:14 PM
I am sure mostly everyone has seen the new AFL advertisement for the upcoming season, while it is a lot more catchier than the new NRL one, I find myself being annoyed by the absence of any Swan related highlights.

While this is probably just something that grates on MY nerves, there are only 2 highlights which show the Swans and both show a, to be fair, great mark by Nick Riewoldt and another spectacular mark by a Demons player. Fair enough, it shows two great points of the game but where are highlights like the last second Nick Davis snap with a fantastic crowd picture from 05 or Jetta running away from countless opposition, surely these show other magnificent aspects of our game. Adding to this, the Swans are the champions of the AFL, which is no mean feat given we are written off every year and might not have a midfield containing the likes of Rioli, or Swan or a forward line containing Buddy and yet we still have a team of champions, which I personally would not swap for any other player in the game... ok maybe Franklin in the forward line would be nice.

I apologize, if this is a wasted thread, just wanted to see if anyone else agitated from the lack of Swan related highlights in this commercial.

DamY
8th March 2013, 06:14 AM
If I recall correctly there is some footage from the GF in it

ScottH
8th March 2013, 07:55 AM
If I recall correctly there is some footage from the GF in it

I've seen one where it starts with some GF highlights.

I do recall the ad you refer to Swanno, but hadn't really paid attention to the lack of swans.
It is just an ad.

jetts32
8th March 2013, 08:09 AM
Yeah I know that add you're talking about, quite annoying but being a swans supporter I'm use to it, especially living in Melbourne, I pick up the sports section in the paper and hope there's at least a small article on the swans, not often though.