PDA

View Full Version : The 3 most important things

jetts32
10th March 2013, 07:55 PM
2013 is looking promising!

But the 3 most important things other than another premiership this year is.

3) Resigning Jetta
2) Resigning Mumford
1) this is the one I'm most worried about - Resigning Kennedy!

Kennedy is looking like he can take a brownlow medal, but people have had doubts whether he'd stay or not, of coarse with us winning the premiership, him taking home the B&F and we saved his career which was going no where with Hawthorn (idiots) you'd think he would stay.

But, with us signing Kurt Tippet, would we have the money he wants?
Is our culture strong enough to keep him?
He would know he is one of the best midfielders in the game, any club would happily take him, any day of the week (even Wednesday)
Would he want to return to the club that made his family famous?

In my eyes, he is one of the most (if not the most) important player at our club.

I've always said you can replace a midfielder, but, a midfielder who came first in contested possessions and clearances? A midfielder who kicked nearly 30 goals? A midfielder that big and strong? I wouldn't think so, not right now atleast.

We need to resign him.

Velour&Ruffles
10th March 2013, 08:17 PM
Can't argue with one word of that. My number one concern out of the Tippett deal is whether we have enough money to re-sign Kennedy (and then Hanners). I just hope what the club has been saying about freeing up money with MOL, Seaby, Kirky etc all going within a shortish time is true. Because given the choice, I'd take Kennedy ahead of Tippett in a heartbeat.

ernie koala
10th March 2013, 08:45 PM
No need to worry, that south american 'special friend' just loves living in the Emerald city.

DeadlyAkkuret
11th March 2013, 03:42 AM
Why would we want to retire 3 of our best players?

ItsAllGoodes
11th March 2013, 07:28 AM
Kennedy has re-signed for 4 more years!!

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sport/afl/sydney-swans-secure-deal-with-josh-kennedy-as-swans-lock-in-big-three/story-e6frexx0-1226594260538

Jewels
11th March 2013, 09:48 AM
Why would we want to retire 3 of our best players?

Haha cheeky boy, funny how one little hyphen can give words such a complete different meaning.

11th March 2013, 10:52 AM
Haha cheeky boy, funny how one little hyphen can give words such a complete different meaning.

Yeh, I read that the Pope had resigned (signed on for more seasons) and it made me wonder which club he played for.

Then I realised he had resigned (as in chucked it in) which made me excited thinking about all those late nights in front of the telly waiting for the puff of smoke from the little chimney at the Vatican :-)

jetts32
11th March 2013, 11:57 AM
Haha my bad for not using the hyphen there.

But we signed him! Awesome news!

I didn't realize Hanners was coming out of contract either, we need to "re-sign" him aswell!

wolftone57
11th March 2013, 04:22 PM
According to RWO WIKI;

2013 contract Expiry

Jude, Mal, Rhyce, Biggs, Lloyd, X Richards, Rampe & Naismith

2014 Expiry

Goodsie, Lamb, Hannas, Lukie, Drey, Reg, AJ, Jesse, Kizza, Jetts, LRT, Masrty, Smithy, Ryano, Mummy, Teddy, Brown, Lokyer, Towers, Dick, Mrembrey, Marsh, Morton & Tippett

2015 Expiry

Benny, birdie, Rooster, Pylie, Tony A, Mitchell & Walsh.

If they are not there they have longer contracts. I don't know how up to date that is though. I thought LRT, Teddy, Marty, Rhyce & Kizza all signed for a few more. I could be wrong but there you go.

ScottH
12th March 2013, 10:08 AM
According to RWO WIKI;

2013 contract Expiry

Jude, Mal, Rhyce, Biggs, Lloyd, X Richards, Rampe & Naismith

2014 Expiry

Goodsie, Lamb, Hannas, Lukie, Drey, Reg, AJ, Jesse, Kizza, Jetts, LRT, Masrty, Smithy, Ryano, Mummy, Teddy, Brown, Lokyer, Towers, Dick, Mrembrey, Marsh, Morton & Tippett

2015 Expiry

Benny, birdie, Rooster, Pylie, Tony A, Mitchell & Walsh.

If they are not there they have longer contracts. I don't know how up to date that is though. I thought LRT, Teddy, Marty, Rhyce & Kizza all signed for a few more. I could be wrong but there you go.

It is pretty accurate, Wearebloods has kept it up to date, with help from me.
Anyone is able to help out.!!

alison.z
12th March 2013, 10:16 AM
Pretty sure Hanners is this year - there's been a few articles around saying he needs to be re-signed. It was 2010 when he signed a 3-year contract I think (his Rising Star year ...)

wolftone57
13th March 2013, 01:20 PM
Pretty sure Hanners is this year - there's been a few articles around saying he needs to be re-signed. It was 2010 when he signed a 3-year contract I think (his Rising Star year ...)

Na Alison Hannas is definitely next year but we do need his squiggle on the dotted line again.

alison.z
14th March 2013, 12:31 AM
Hannebery signs three-year deal (http://smh.com.au/afl/afl-news/hannebery-signs-threeyear-deal-20100816-126gk.html)

According to this he's out of contract after this year ... I remember because he signed on my birthday!

ned
14th March 2013, 06:48 PM
a three year extension isn't the same as a three year contract is it? If he was due to come out of contract in 2010 it would have been a new contract, whereas if he had one year left, and signed for another three on too of that it would be an extension of the existing contract. Yes?

Swansongster
15th March 2013, 09:45 AM
a three year extension isn't the same as a three year contract is it? If he was due to come out of contract in 2010 it would have been a new contract, whereas if he had one year left, and signed for another three on too of that it would be an extension of the existing contract. Yes?

That's my recollection. Contracted until end of 2014.

Jewels
15th March 2013, 02:51 PM
Sydney Swans move to tie up Dan Hannebery
Jay Clark Herald Sun November 19, 2012

SYDNEY will move quickly to re-sign Grand Final hero Daniel Hannebery, despite its big-money play for Adelaide's Kurt Tippett.

The Swans are set to pay up to $1 million a year for Tippett, but remain committed to keeping their batch of young stars, headed by Hannebery, onballer Josh Kennedy and excitement machine Lewis Jetta.

Hannebery, who is out of contract at the end of next season, underlined his status as one of the AFL's premier young midfielders with his brilliant performance gathering 29 possessions in the premiership win against Hawthorn.

That article is dated 2012 so that means he must be out of contract at the end of this season.

Sorry, I am a computer moron and have no idea how to post a link.

Swansongster
15th March 2013, 04:21 PM
That article is dated 2012 so that means he must be out of contract at the end of this season.

Sorry, I am a computer moron and have no idea how to post a link.

That seems to be the case going by that cut and paste. Recollection is a dangerous thing as you approach 50.

Sign him up. Quickly. Please.